Start by marking “In 27 Days” as Want to Read:
In 27 Days

In 27 Days

(In 27 Days #1)

“If you knew you had to do the right thing, but that something bad may happen to you because of it, would you do it anyway?” This hard-hitting, emotional, YA story of pain and love; right and wrong; and life and death is a masterful mix of suspense, romance, the paranormal, and the though-provoking questions we all ask surrounding the difficult subject of suicide.

Hadley Ja
Published July 24th 2018 by Blink (first published May 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about In 27 Days, please sign up.
Alison Gervais Hello!

I'm Alison, the author. I tried to post the links to where you can pre-order IN 27 DAYS, but it looks like I didn't do it right! Here we go:

…more
Hello!

And here's Barnes & Noble:

Happy pre-ordering!(less)
Jillian Excited to announce this book will be available in stores and at e-retailers summer 2017! You can order the book from the links below:

…more

Sophie
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FIVE TRILLION STARS OMG

This. BOOK.

I am going to be doing an in-depth book review of this on my Youtube channel, but first let me just tell how you guys how I'm feeling right now.

Okay first for those of you who might be confused, I did not read the Wattpad version of this, I was sent an ARC of the book. From what I can tell, the book is significantly different (much longer, different content, plot structure, much more complex, etc.) from the Wattpad version.

BUT ANYWAY-

Khadidja ~on hiatus~
LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS ONE!!!!!!!
Lisa Elis
June 2019 : fourth time reading and it just cannot get old. I LOVE THIS BOOK TO DEATH (hi there unintended pun).

...

HOW DOES ONE DESCIBE SUCH GORGEOUSNESS I CAN'T EVEN. Just go read it already.

Later ...

ok full review finally here!!

· This was a stunning work of art

· It's set in late autumn/early winter SO I TOTALLY READ IT AT THE RIGHT TIME

· I don't know how to express my love for this book
· it just resonates with my soul
· it's not only a kind of cozy exciting book but it just speaks to me in a m
Katie Grace
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star, contemporary
I picked this book up at Barnes and Nobles, sat down to read the first few chapters, and went on to read the whole thing in one sitting. I’m in awe and so blown away by this book. It’s definitely one of my new top favorites.

A list of lovely things:

• the characters were so achingly real and alive
• a coffeeshop!
• it’s always interesting when Death is a character
• it gets so INTENSE. (my friend who was at the bookstore with me said after I finished that my face “went through a wide range of emotio
lucie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, in-czech

THIS would make a great movie!
Read in one sitting, couldn't put it down.
KatReads
~ THIS BOOK WREAKED "HAVOC" ON MY EMOTIONS ~
(For all who've read this, you'll get that reference)

This is a Watty Award Winner so if you're looking for a bittersweet read, than this is the one. Yet be prepared to read it in one sitting. Aside from a few grammatical errors, I couldn't flaw the writing or the structure.

Waking up about 3am in the morning, I couldn't go back to bed.

Going on my phone, I went on Wattpad. As sad as this was, I only wanted to read for a few minutes in hopes of feeling t
Lila Kims
I read this whole thing over the weekend, and now I miss it. It was, simply put, AMAZING. Everything from the characters, to the coffeehouse/autumn setting, to the super cool concept of Death and (view spoiler) personified. It was all so wonderful, so enchanting, so real.

The characters are definitely the highlight. My first impression of Archer was, "HE'S SO RUDE." But the more I learned about him, the more I realized how much more rested underneath his snarky behavior...

F
Maddy
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
W O W this book was absolutely amazing 😍 Definitely one of the best books I've ever read.
Nicole Dust
mina
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
I remember reading this on Wattpad and liking it, I’m glad that that hadn’t changed because I read it a long time ago. It was a light read, it can be felt that this was among the first stories the author had written since it could use more developing. There were some unanswered questions, but it was a nice walk down memory lane.
Neha
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. One of my favorites. Should seriously get this published
Ivie
Can I even get my thoughts in line enough to write a review that even comes close to describing the beauty and brilliance of this book? Most likely not.

But I'm going to try.

~What I liked~

~Archer, my new cinnamon roll. (he is right up there with Fin but in a different way. Don't get me wrong, Fin is my number one cinnamon roll, but Archer has made his place there as a close second.)
~Hadley. She was brilliant and brave. Sometimes she kind of fell a bit flat (that pun is intended for those who ha
Gracelyn Buckner
3 Stars

Alright, so I wasn't going to do a review for this one, but one of my friends said they wanted to see my thoughts on it, so here we are.

~wonderfuls~

the characters

Miss Gervais did a wonderful job with all the characters in In 27 Days I think my favorite was Death. I could relate to Harvey on most things, and really sympathized with Archer. Hadley's choice made me happy.

the concept

I loved the idea. It was really cool. Death and Havoc were just really cool in general.

the setting

New York Ci
Tziggy
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started out ok, dragged in spots. I got lost a bit at the end. So-so.
Micaiah Saldaña
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
What I Loved...
Allllll the cuteness. I think I was squealing for about 50% of the book. Just ask my poor sister. Yes, there are some pretty dark elements to In 27 Days, but that didn't stop Alison Gervais from adding so many cute moments. ESPECIALLY THE ONE WITH THE PENGUINS (if you've read In 27 Days, you know what I mean). I should probably stop before I spoil the book. xD
Mama Rosa's Coffee Shop. First of all, there was sugar in the form of cinnamon rolls and Danishes and all sorts of baked g
Allison
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
my rating: 4.5 stars (we need half stars, Goodreads!)

also, I'm not a huge fan of the Goodreads cover...the edition I read had a much nicer cover that didn't look sappy, lol.

This book was amazing and startling and arghhgh, I loved it so much. I read it in two days, and I literally could not put it down. It was such an unique and original concept, and I loved the characters so much.

And it was really clean! There is some romance, but nothing explicit or inappropriate. A couple implied swear words
Rachel
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wattpad
Exact rating: 3.5

This isn't exactly cute and lovely read. The plot tho, was beautiful. The massages were sent clearly to us, the readers and we saw how the characters developed into something more important. We learned to appreciate lives, not ours, but people around us.

There were too many characters tho, so many that I couldn't concentrate who are the main ones and the not so important ones. One thing I didn't like about this was that the author didn't include the family in the ending. After t
Mya Gray
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teen readers ages 13+
Shelves: favorites, 2019
*screams and flails like the deranged, sleep-deprived fangirl that I am* READ. THIS. NOW.
I stayed up all night to read this book. I haven’t slept in over 24 hours. But it was so worth it. This book was incredible... I had very high expectations for this, but somehow it still managed to exceed them. I didn’t hesitate to add this to my favorites shelf, and I would give it all the stars in the galaxy if I could. ✨😍🥰 (things are getting pretty dramatic, people. 😂)
💫WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THIS BOOK💫
- um,
Jane
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't even know where to start with this book. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

The hopeless romantic in me ADORED the relationship and the heart-fluffy sweetness. It was realistic and not insta-love and it was based off more than physical attraction and that makes me very happy.

The characters were all stunning and realistic and JUST SO GOOD. Every single person was individual and heart-capturing in their own way.

I was so emotionally engaged in this book. The concept, the characters, and the pacing just suck
Hannahlovesbooks
The story sounded super interesting but the execution was not good. It wasn't what I wanted. The characters were boring, and I kept thinking that the story could have been so much better. I wanted more depth to the characters. It wasn't all bad though, it still was interesting sometimes. But honestly it wasn't good.

Oh and the audiobook was bad, I don't recommend it.

Grade Scale: D
Overall 2/5
Romance 1.5/5
Sleeplessness 3/5
Genni Eccles
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
I was totally blown away by this book! Most of my reads on the wattpad app have been just okay, but this was great. In my personal opinion, it is good enough to be published with the right editing. This novel kept me reading until I couldn't keep my eyes open! One of the best stories I have read on wattpad so far.

You can find my review here on my blog along with reviews of four other books on Wattpad!
abby❁
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this at the end of last year and I absolutely loved it!
Emily
Archer was only a classmate from freshman year. (Though admittedly, Hadley blushed every time he looked in her direction.) So why was his sudden suicide so painfully shocking? Hadley attends Archer's funeral, and on the way out the door, she meets a strange individual. Death. He offers her a deal: go back in time 27 days and change Archer's decision. Hadley takes the deal ... but there will be consequences.

The first thing I noticed about In 27 Days (aside from the gorgeous cover, of course!) wa
Jiny S
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably the sweetest thing I will read this whole year. When Hadley found out that a guy named Archer from her school committed suicide, she was deeply disturbed. So when Death appeared in front of her offering to turn back time for 27 days, she signed on the dotted line without reading the contract (even though her dad is a prominent lawyer and has taught her otherwise).

Getting to know Archer is not easy. His life is so much more complicated than hers. Archer doesn’t seem to want anyone to get
Saleha Waqar
My exact rating: 2.6
This is the first time I am ever writing a review and the reason behind this is that I don't want any other person to have high expectations from this book and be disappointed like I was. I am one of those persons who is highly influenced by ratings and reviews and to be honest this book is overrated. You will find plenty of reviews (mostly in favor) and would find hard to choose who to believe, I'll tell you who to believe...Me! It's for your own good. I really loved the plo
Brooke
This book...

Ugh, how can I begin to describe the beauty that is this book? I probably won't give this book the type of review it deserves, but I will try.

The Good Stuff

~ food!!
~ the fantasy elements.
~ PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING

The Bad Stuff

~ I didn't like how certain things weren't resolved, like how the whole thing started. But I can't go into that without spoiling something, so... it wasn't a big deal. Like, I can just leave it al
Abigail
This book..........I cannot put my love for it into words honestly. It was amazing and such a unique book. I definitely can say that I've never read a book like it before. You all need to read it! It is amazing! 😍😍 Also the humor in the book is on point and I was gasping for air I was laughing so hard at some parts!! 🤣

Content:
Some swearing (PG-13)
Some kissing (PG)
Hbiba
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading this in Wattpad. it was one of the best books I've ever read in Wattpad. I absolutely loved it! and it's safe to say that Archer and Hadley's story stole my heart.
Patty (IheartYA)
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting concept. Would make a great movie.

• Waist-Deep In Walmart
  • My Dark Knight
  • Finding Out What the Bad Boy Fights For
  • It All Started With An Apple

In 27 Days (2 books)
  • Face Your Fears (In 27 Days, #2)