Start by marking “Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2)

Shadow Wings

(Darkest Drae #2)

I will never be controlled again.

A manipulative dragon shifter. A sexy phaetyn prince. Me? I shouldn’t even exist.

With peace established in Verald, I should be free; Lord Tyrrik is liberated from his blood oath, after all. But the freedom in Verald is an illusion. If I remain, destruction will surely follow.

As soon as I come into my powers, the blood-thirsty emperor of D
Published February 8th 2018

Start your review of Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2)
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
I fuckingg told y’all the second one was better!! description

Remember in the first book, where our heroine's entire personality was that she didn’t know diddly shit about her powers??

NO MORE

Both Ryn and the world is really developed in this book, so we get to learn more about the Drae and Phaetyn ! We *finally* venture outside the goddamn castle to see the other kingdoms and cultures *fist pump*

If you like dragons, then you should absolutely read this series *starting with second!*

description

Ryn, She’s naive. S
jessica
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
oh my gosh. this sequel is everything. i love the exploration into drae culture and mystery. i am obsessed with every single interaction between tyrrick and ryn. all they have to do is look at each other and my heart bursts. i cant. i enjoyed this so so so much.

Holly
I don't mind when a fantasy book makes up it's own swear word/phrase for the characters to say, but I draw the line at using the word 'pancake' as a swear word. Yes, you read that correctly. PANCAKE. As a swear word. Fourteen times in case you were wondering. And if you look at the blurb for the next book, 'pancake' is mentioned in it, not even joking.

So ignoring that small, but absolutely annoying, issue, I otherwise liked this book, just not as much as the previous one. I perversely enjoyed al
Kayla
Find a short review for this on GracelingAccountant.

I read the first one in one day, and have almost finished this one...in the exact same day. This series is amazing - Forreal, pick it up.

THERE'S SEQUELS?

holy shit i need to read the first book already

Sakina Carter
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. This was a great book. I love Ryn and Tyrrick relationship so much.

In this book, we get to see their relationship progress as Ryn learn to deal with all the new revelations in her life.

We also learn more about the Phaetyn people and how Ryn came into her Phaetyn powers.

Really looking forward to the next book.
TJ ☾
Setting wise, this book was a vast improvement. Love a good ole' fashion quest. Ryn was far less annoying, and the parts where her new drae impulses made her want to hoard treasure were rly funny. I still have some gripes though (surprise, surprise)

Why does Ryn act like Ty/Tyr aren't parts of Tyrrik?

description

Why does everyone act like Tyrrik wasn't a slave to the king for much longer than Ryn, about 100 years longer, and had to commit atrocity after atrocity for him, experienced tons of physical (and se
Christa
I loved this book even more than the first one. And I really liked book one.

This book has character development, enemies to lovers done realistically, and best of all, a funny protagonist.

This book was funny. The first book had its moments, but it was a dark book overall. This book was just funny.

Also when two favorite authors are co-writing a series.... it’s just amazing.

Free on kindle unlimited.
Hetal
To see more reviews, considering taking a peek at my first in series YA book blog here

4.9 butt-moon stars!

Shadow Wings continues Ryn's story as she struggles to understands her heritage. The only people she has in the world to help her are her makeshift father Dyter and the dragon who lied to her and broke her heart, Tyrrik...Tyr...Ty...? Eh, she'll figure it out.

The phaetyn want to use her. The drae king wants to (most likely) kill her. What's a girl to do? Grow up, kick some ass, and hoarde
 Simply Sam ツ
This will be short but sweet.

I pretty much loved it. I think it's great the way the authors have been able to create a workable balance, from the humor to the violence to the romance. And even though Ryn is only 18 and Tyrrik is 109 (which I do have a small issue with), despite my initial reservations, I also understand it (view spoiler) It was also a lot of fun learning more a
taveena kade
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“Slap me with a pancake and call me a potato!”
And I though the first book was amazing!! Shadow Wings is an amazing mix of sarcasm , heartbreak, and adventure. The plot was way more intricate that the first book, and a lot of new character were introduced.

“Um, did you want any?”
Tyrrik snorted. “If I do?”
I chewed again, pushing the food to the side of my mouth. “I’m not sure, honestly. I was hoping you’d say no.”

Ryn and Tyrol’s relationship grew so much deeper throughout the book, and there’s a l
Julia ❤︎
3.75 ➡ 4 Stars!

One hundred and nine years, and I have found you. You are mine.

Alright, okay, I see you Shadow Wings , I see you.

Cece was right. This book was a marked improvement on book 1! Ryn was somewhat less stupid, the plot was not boring, people reacted normally to traumatic situations, and I must reiterate Ryn was less stupid!! I had a good time reading this book and I'm glad I went for it! I don't have much to say because as much as I enjoyed it I don't really have any burnin
Jessica
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars.

Wow! That ending though! SO good. This book is filled with adventure, magic, romance. Ryn learns more about herself and by the end, I really feel she has grown so much. Ryn and Tyrrik are pretty great together. I need the next one now!
Just Josie
5” you are my being, my world”- stars! #swoon 💜

My emotions are all over the place !

I swear these books gets better and better and I LOVED book 1!
I can’t come up with a single thing I didn’t like. Not one.

First of all. This book is co-written. I do NOT get the feeling it’s co-written with means that these two authors show some serious writing skills! #yougotskillsladies

Gosh, I love this.

It’s action-packed, unique (seriously badass dragonshifter here with mayor skills !!), it’s captivating, th
Katarina Silva
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
NOVA Review

Blood Oath the Darkest Drae, #1 was amazing. Easily one of my favorite books. EVER. I was afraid that since I liked it so much, Shadow Wings wouldn’t be as good. I WAS WRONG. Shadow Wings managed to be even better. It left me Speechless and Blew my mind all at the same time.

"Slap me with a pancake and call me a potato!"

Shadow Wings is a book where humor, sarcasm, romance and Fantasy blend beautifully and create a story that’s hard to forget because it’s so damn entertaining. I said t
Ryn, Tyrrik and Dyter journey to the forest where the Phaeton live so Ryn can learn more about the powers from that side of her biology. Along the way, Ryn transforms into a dragon for the first time with the help of Tyrrik. When they arrive at the forest, Tyrrik is injured and (view spoiler) ...more
Ashlee » libraryinthecountry
YAAASSSSSS 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 FINALLY.

This series just get better and better. And it has my favorite trope. 👌🏻😏
menna
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
will i ever actually enjoy books with the mates trope? unlikely
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
So, second book in the series. I liked this one much, much better. Less torture and sad, more happy, although there are still hard things. This definitely built off the first book and I like the way this is headed. The plot is moving forward (the last one swirled in torture for quite a bit while while building characters), characters are learning, changing and growing stronger. May seems like a long wait for the next book!

I picked this one up on KU.

Content: kissing, some violence, peril, some in
Jina |  RomanticDeception
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
*FLAILS*
I love this so much.
The ending, oh GOD the ending. I needed this. I WAITED for this. *MORE FLAILING*

PS: If anyone has book recommendations with books like THIS then I beg of you. It’s the nectar of life!!!
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review contains SPOILERS. Read at your own risk.

This book has a completely different feeling than the first book in this series. And not in a bad way. I loved the first book, and I loved this one equally as much. The first book was a little more unpredictable and much darker. This book seemed to focus more on the character development and the expanding plot.

So many things that we were scratching our heads about in Blood Oath are revealed. We get some clarity about certain things and we get
Miscellaneous Allie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF 79%. It's not 1 star cos it's not awful, but it needed editing and the whole Phaetyn stuff was a jumbled, juvenile mess. I gave up in disgust though because I decided I really hate Ryn and just don't want to read about her anymore. Here's lil rant I wrote at about 76% before I decided to just quit when I decided I just don't give a fuck about their meaningless bickering;

I hate this idea that it's okay to hit your boyfriend and it's considered strong. Ryn is abusive as fuck, constantly punch
Alaina
Cute book and the ending made me all happy!

Shadow Wings is the second installment in The Darkest Drae series. I'm just loving the crap out Ryn and her awesome ass powers. However, her teen annoying side sometimes comes out and I just roll my eyes and move onto the next page. Then there's Tyrrik, and again.. HAPPY FREAKING EYES! I so wanted them back together. Especially after the first book ended - ugh, heart eyes guys!

Their chemistry/banter/everything was just joy to my eyes! I seriously love
Jamie
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

I have stalked this second book, since the first one came out. I have nothing bad to say about this book. Strong female character who is human and flawed. Great male alpha male character who is silent but resilient and strong. I can't wait until the next book.
Paige Neal
I was unsure on whether or not I should start this series for a couple of different reasons. One being that I usually don't like to start a series that isn't yet finished because I'm suuuuuper impatient and want to know what happens ASAP. Secondly, I prefer my romances to be a little more.... adult (heh) and it is really hit and miss with books offered on Kindle Unlimited. But alas, I decided to take the plunge and read it anyway and I was NOT disappointed.

Mates. Magic. Romance. Humor.

Raye Wag
Julie Guay-de la ronde
World building

Nice continuation... We get to see more about the H and how he thinks. The h matures throughout and it was interesting to see other kingdoms within this world.
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

I love this! I'm serious y'all!

Despite all the TSTL moments I liked Ryn, kinda sorta hated how she treated Tyrrik but somehow she still managed to pull off the comedic snark thing instead of grating my nerves.

Definitely not the best fleshed out world that takes a life of its own and things really moved fast and you could just see everything being sunshines and rainbows and all wrapped in a pretty package at the end but I DON'T CARE!

I DIGS IT!
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
4.5 stars!

So after book one I was hooked and now that I'm done with book two, I begin the agonizing wait for book 3.

I love this series so far. It is YA but sometimes I think authors get lost is what YA is. Or maybe it's me. I was hoping for more steam from the mcs in book two. Instead, I got even less! Why does there have to be a lack of this in YA (Not all of them thank God) I'm not talking smut but give me something! If a romantic pairing us going to be a key element to the story, then I need
Gena
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, shifter
And because I'm a sucker for punishment I read book two :) I've never see the word pancakes used so many times! Poor Tyrrik doesn't get much development here. He's punished for his actions in book one until the very last page. Ryn is awful. She "needs to be told the truth, no hiding things"; based on what I don't know. She never listens and acts very immaturely. This is a filler book in a series that I don't know how long will go on for. I may wait till the author is done and catch the last coup ...more
Rachel Beamin'
Let me just throw this out there real quick. The only reason this book didn’t get DNF’d is because of my undying love for Tyrrick. But holy shit, Ryn seriously got on my nerves.

Everything was pancake this or mistress moon butt that.

The book was good, I love the story line. The uniqueness of it.

• Moon Claimed (Werewolf Dens, #2)
  • Death Game (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #3)
  • Vampire Debt (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #2)
  • Wolf Roulette (Werewolf Dens, #3)
  • Fantasy of Flight (The Tainted Accords, #2)
  • Fantasy of Fire (The Tainted Accords, #3)
  • Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords, #1)
  • Fantasy of Freedom (The Tainted Accords, #4)
  • Shifter Wars (Werewolf Dens #1)
  • Blood Trial (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #1)
  • Sin (The Tainted Accords, #4.5)
  • Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters, #2)
  • Olandon (The Tainted Accords #4.6)
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • Rhone (The Tainted Accords #4.7)
  • Reborn (Shadow Beast Shifter, #3)
  • This Dark Wolf (Soul Bitten Shifter, #1)
  • Shard (The Tainted Accords #4.8)
RAYE WAGNER is the USA Today Bestselling author of young adult fantasy books, but she hates writing bios. She’d much rather tell you a story. She’s partial to fantasy, with dragons or magic or something so she can lie and not feel guilty. She also has an obsession with sweets (all the bakery goodies), nerf wars, wigs, and occasionally tutus.

When she isn’t writing, shenanigating (I’m sure that’s a

Darkest Drae (3 books)
  • Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)
  • Black Crown (The Darkest Drae #3)

News & Interviews

“Love doesn’t mean you’re perfect. Loving someone doesn’t mean you don’t screw up. In fact, I’d say the more you love someone, the more time you spend with that someone, the more you’re going to have to say you’re sorry. Love means you say sorry sooner because when you realize you’ve hurt someone you truly love, you want to do whatever you can to make it right.” 5 likes
“This was the first time I’d let him touch me since we’d left the castle, and something in my chest felt funny with the contact. Probably indigestion.” 4 likes