Start by marking “Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2)

Shadow Wings

(Darkest Drae #2)

I will never be controlled again.

A manipulative dragon shifter. A sexy phaetyn prince. Me? I shouldn’t even exist.

With peace established in Verald, I should be free; Lord Tyrrik is liberated from his blood oath, after all. But the freedom in Verald is an illusion. If I remain, destruction will surely follow.

As soon as I come into my powers, the blood-thirsty emperor of D
Published February 8th 2018

Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)
1. Blood Oath: ★★★★
2. Shadow Wings: ★★.5

I HAZ ISSUES.

So, I should have known that I would really like the first book and then be disappointed with the second. It happens SO MUCH. But anyway, yes, repeat. It happened again. I feel this suffers from middle book syndrome somewhat. It’s not a bad book whatsoever, but it really FELT young adult. Well, Shelly, duh, it IS young adult. Why are you surprised? Well, because the first one was solid and yes, it was clearly YA, but did not fall into any of t
Holly
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't mind when a fantasy book makes up it's own swear word/phrase for the characters to say, but I draw the line at using the word 'pancake' as a swear word. Yes, you read that correctly. PANCAKE. As a swear word. Fourteen times in case you were wondering. And if you look at the blurb for the next book, 'pancake' is mentioned in it, not even joking.

So ignoring that small, but absolutely annoying, issue, I otherwise liked this book, just not as much as the previous one. I perversely enjoyed al
Kayla
Find a short review for this on GracelingAccountant.

I read the first one in one day, and have almost finished this one...in the exact same day. This series is amazing - Forreal, pick it up.

THERE'S SEQUELS?

holy shit i need to read the first book already

Sakina Carter
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. This was a great book. I love Ryn and Tyrrick relationship so much.

In this book, we get to see their relationship progress as Ryn learn to deal with all the new revelations in her life.

We also learn more about the Phaetyn people and how Ryn came into her Phaetyn powers.

Really looking forward to the next book.
 Simply Sam ツ
This will be short but sweet.

I pretty much loved it. I think it's great the way the authors have been able to create a workable balance, from the humor to the violence to the romance. And even though Ryn is only 18 and Tyrrik is 109 (which I do have a small issue with), despite my initial reservations, I also understand it (view spoiler) It was also a lot of fun learning more ab
Christa
I loved this book even more than the first one. And I really liked book one.

This book has character development, enemies to lovers done realistically, and best of all, a funny protagonist.

This book was funny. The first book had its moments, but it was a dark book overall. This book was just funny.

Also when two favorite authors are co-writing a series.... it’s just amazing.

Free on kindle unlimited.
taveena kade
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“Slap me with a pancake and call me a potato!”
And I though the first book was amazing!! Shadow Wings is an amazing mix of sarcasm , heartbreak, and adventure. The plot was way more intricate that the first book, and a lot of new character were introduced.

“Um, did you want any?”
Tyrrik snorted. “If I do?”
I chewed again, pushing the food to the side of my mouth. “I’m not sure, honestly. I was hoping you’d say no.”

Ryn and Tyrol’s relationship grew so much deeper throughout the book, and there’s a l
Hetal
To see more reviews, considering taking a peek at my first in series YA book blog here

4.9 butt-moon stars!

Shadow Wings continues Ryn's story as she struggles to understands her heritage. The only people she has in the world to help her are her makeshift father Dyter and the dragon who lied to her and broke her heart, Tyrrik...Tyr...Ty...? Eh, she'll figure it out.

The phaetyn want to use her. The drae king wants to (most likely) kill her. What's a girl to do? Grow up, kick some ass, and hoarde
Jessica
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars.

Wow! That ending though! SO good. This book is filled with adventure, magic, romance. Ryn learns more about herself and by the end, I really feel she has grown so much. Ryn and Tyrrik are pretty great together. I need the next one now!
Just Josie
5” you are my being, my world”- stars! #swoon 💜

My emotions are all over the place !

I swear these books gets better and better and I LOVED book 1!
I can’t come up with a single thing I didn’t like. Not one.

First of all. This book is co-written. I do NOT get the feeling it’s co-written with means that these two authors show some serious writing skills! #yougotskillsladies

Gosh, I love this.

It’s action-packed, unique (seriously badass dragonshifter here with mayor skills !!), it’s captivating, th
Katarina Silva
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
NOVA Review

Blood Oath the Darkest Drae, #1 was amazing. Easily one of my favorite books. EVER. I was afraid that since I liked it so much, Shadow Wings wouldn’t be as good. I WAS WRONG. Shadow Wings managed to be even better. It left me Speechless and Blew my mind all at the same time.

"Slap me with a pancake and call me a potato!"

Shadow Wings is a book where humor, sarcasm, romance and Fantasy blend beautifully and create a story that’s hard to forget because it’s so damn entertaining. I said t
Ryn, Tyrrik and Dyter journey to the forest where the Phaeton live so Ryn can learn more about the powers from that side of her biology. Along the way, Ryn transforms into a dragon for the first time with the help of Tyrrik. When they arrive at the forest, Tyrrik is injured and (view spoiler) ...more
Ashlee » Library In The Country
YAAASSSSSS 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 FINALLY.

This series just get better and better. And it has my favorite trope. 👌🏻😏
☽☆Jean☠BookRampage☆☾
*FLAILS*
I love this so much.
The ending, oh GOD the ending. I needed this. I WAITED for this. *MORE FLAILING*

PS: If anyone has book recommendations with books like THIS then I beg of you. It’s the nectar of life!!!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
So, second book in the series. I liked this one much, much better. Less torture and sad, more happy, although there are still hard things. This definitely built off the first book and I like the way this is headed. The plot is moving forward (the last one swirled in torture for quite a bit while while building characters), characters are learning, changing and growing stronger. May seems like a long wait for the next book!

I picked this one up on KU.

Content: kissing, some violence, peril, some in
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review contains SPOILERS. Read at your own risk.

This book has a completely different feeling than the first book in this series. And not in a bad way. I loved the first book, and I loved this one equally as much. The first book was a little more unpredictable and much darker. This book seemed to focus more on the character development and the expanding plot.

So many things that we were scratching our heads about in Blood Oath are revealed. We get some clarity about certain things and we get
Alaina
Cute book and the ending made me all happy!

Shadow Wings is the second installment in The Darkest Drae series. I'm just loving the crap out Ryn and her awesome ass powers. However, her teen annoying side sometimes comes out and I just roll my eyes and move onto the next page. Then there's Tyrrik, and again.. HAPPY FREAKING EYES! I so wanted them back together. Especially after the first book ended - ugh, heart eyes guys!

Their chemistry/banter/everything was just joy to my eyes! I seriously love
Paige Neal
I was unsure on whether or not I should start this series for a couple of different reasons. One being that I usually don't like to start a series that isn't yet finished because I'm suuuuuper impatient and want to know what happens ASAP. Secondly, I prefer my romances to be a little more.... adult (heh) and it is really hit and miss with books offered on Kindle Unlimited. But alas, I decided to take the plunge and read it anyway and I was NOT disappointed.

Mates. Magic. Romance. Humor.

Raye Wag
Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨

I love this! I'm serious y'all!

Despite all the TSTL moments I liked Ryn, kinda sorta hated how she treated Tyrrik but somehow she still managed to pull off the comedic snark thing instead of grating my nerves.

Definitely not the best fleshed out world that takes a life of its own and things really moved fast and you could just see everything being sunshines and rainbows and all wrapped in a pretty package at the end but I DON'T CARE!

I DIGS IT!
Jamie
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

I have stalked this second book, since the first one came out. I have nothing bad to say about this book. Strong female character who is human and flawed. Great male alpha male character who is silent but resilient and strong. I can't wait until the next book.
Luisa
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So a lot more action and it's getting a little bit more interesting. She's still purposefully dense which annoys me, but at least she's trying?! I dunno. I kept reading. Kindle Unlimited and all..
FictionNoChaser
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Miscellaneous Allie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF 79%. It's not 1 star cos it's not awful, but it needed editing and the whole Phaetyn stuff was a jumbled, juvenile mess. I gave up in disgust though because I decided I really hate Ryn and just don't want to read about her anymore. Here's lil rant I wrote at about 76% before I decided to just quit when I decided I just don't give a fuck about their meaningless bickering;

I hate this idea that it's okay to hit your boyfriend and it's considered strong. Ryn is abusive as fuck, constantly punch
LaShanta Charles
Tyrrick!!

It's very rare that I read a second book in a series and it by far exceeds every single one of my expectations while also being so much better than the first, so kudos to the authors because this book did all that and more.

I loved so many things about this book. I loved that Ryn didn't just accept everything. I liked that she was cynical and didn't trust easily. I loved how her and Tyrrick interacted with each other; equal parts hilarious (when she wanted to sleep and he pulled out shin
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
4.5 stars!

So after book one I was hooked and now that I'm done with book two, I begin the agonizing wait for book 3.

I love this series so far. It is YA but sometimes I think authors get lost is what YA is. Or maybe it's me. I was hoping for more steam from the mcs in book two. Instead, I got even less! Why does there have to be a lack of this in YA (Not all of them thank God) I'm not talking smut but give me something! If a romantic pairing us going to be a key element to the story, then I need
Rys
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read the first book and had high hopes for this one, but was sadly disappointed. I found the maturity of the writing to be extremely low, and was thinking that this book would be better, but instead it was worse.

I love the fact that the author has passion for her work which clearly shines through, but a few things really get to me. The concepts are recycled, which I don't mind, if there is sufficient character and world building to back it. The focus in this story was more on the dialogue, whi
Gena
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifter, fantasy
And because I'm a sucker for punishment I read book two :) I've never see the word pancakes used so many times! Poor Tyrrik doesn't get much development here. He's punished for his actions in book one until the very last page. Ryn is awful. She "needs to be told the truth, no hiding things"; based on what I don't know. She never listens and acts very immaturely. This is a filler book in a series that I don't know how long will go on for. I may wait till the author is done and catch the last coup ...more
Rachel Beamin'
Let me just throw this out there real quick. The only reason this book didn’t get DNF’d is because of my undying love for Tyrrick. But holy shit, Ryn seriously got on my nerves.

Everything was pancake this or mistress moon butt that.

The book was good, I love the story line. The uniqueness of it.
SassyFraz
3.5 Winged Stars
[May/Will contain Spoilers]

This second book picks up days after the first one. Which, I was happy it did...considering things. Here we find a changed Ryn and all around characters. We were also introduced to a new set as well and I will get into those in a moment.
Ryn. I thought you were badass in the first, because of how well your character stayed together through everything. I don't really know what it was that threw me off about you here. Maybe, one too many pancakes. Could b
  • PRINCE OF DRAGONS (Orion Series Book 3)
  • Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • Dragon's Prey (Shadow of the Dragon, #4)
  • Eternal Darkness (The Amagarians, #1)
  • Sin (The Tainted Accords, #4.5)
  • Into Elurien (Skeleton Key)
  • The Dragon Queen's Fake Fiancé (Council of Black Dragons, #3)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Hell to Pay (The Harry Russo Diaries, #4)
  • Breeding Ground
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)
  • Neutral (Curse of the Gods #4.5)
  • Alice's Sexual Discovery in a Wonderful Land (Fairy Tale Erotica)
  • Trap (Origin, #5)
  • Haunted (The Academy of Spirits and Shadows #2)
  • Saved (Alien Space Pirates, #3)
  • Vikings Unleashed: 9 modern Viking erotic romances
  • Exiled
RAYE WAGNER is the USA Today Bestselling author of young adult fantasy books, but she hates writing bios. She’d much rather tell you a story. She’s partial to fantasy, with dragons or magic or something so she can lie and not feel guilty. She also has an obsession with sweets (all the bakery goodies), nerf wars, wigs, and occasionally tutus.

When she isn’t writing, shenanigating (I’m sure that’s a

Darkest Drae (3 books)
  • Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)
  • Black Crown (Darkest Drae, #3)
“Love doesn’t mean you’re perfect. Loving someone doesn’t mean you don’t screw up. In fact, I’d say the more you love someone, the more time you spend with that someone, the more you’re going to have to say you’re sorry. Love means you say sorry sooner because when you realize you’ve hurt someone you truly love, you want to do whatever you can to make it right.” 5 likes
“This was the first time I’d let him touch me since we’d left the castle, and something in my chest felt funny with the contact. Probably indigestion.” 4 likes