Start by marking “When Rains Fall (The Lost Fields, #1)” as Want to Read:
When Rains Fall (The Lost Fields, #1)

When Rains Fall

(The Lost Fields #1)

When rains fall and tides rise, you must decide on which shore you stand.

Sibba Hallowtide has never felt like a Fielding, but fierce loyalty to her mother has always kept her close to home. When tragedy strikes, Sibba suddenly has a chance to leave the Fields in search of independence. But unless she can rescue her brother and return him to his rightful place as chief, the
Published December 16th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about When Rains Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Rains Fall

Carmen
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC from the author, Cassidy Taylor, for review and in no way does that influence my opinion on it.

“Soon the rains will fall and the tides will rise, and it will be up to you to decide on which shore you stand.”

A solid 4-stars! It is safe to say I’m more a YA fantasy reader than any other genres out there and mind you, I have read all the popular YA fantasy such as Falling Kingdom, ToG, and Graceling, as mentioned in the description of the synopsis. But let me tell you
Shay
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc, kindle, reviewed
OMG! Amazing! Sheer brilliance! I can't wait for the next one! The characters were well thought out and intricate. The world building was phenomenal. Do I even need to tell you about the story??? I didn't want to put it down! I was captivated from the first page and never lost interest as the stories progressed!

Experience the world through the eyes of not one but two protagonists as they deal with their own struggles. First Sibba, daughter of a Chief, leaves her island sanctuary after tragedy st
Megan
When the main character of the book has to bust out her ax twice in the first few chapters, it might make you think she enjoys fighting. But it's not that simple. Sibba, one of two female leads in this epic adventure, has complicated feelings about violence. There's the way her culture wants her to be, and there's what her heart pulls her toward. She's tough as nails but also real and vulnerable. She's capable of hurting, but more so of being hurt. Which is why I found myself rooting for her to ...more
Jasmine
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC from the author Cassidy Taylor- and I thank her so much for it! This book was what I needed.

Wow. Just... brilliant. I read a lot of YA fantasy, and lately a lot of books have been missing the mark for me. Good... but not re-readable. Not a world or story I would read again and can't wait to delve back into. When Rains Fall however, is a book I would happily reread, a world and characters I can't wait to get back into and see where their stories take them!

Sibba is t
Whitney McGruder
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
You'll soon realize that the story follows two POVs: Rayne Crowheart and Sibba Hallowtide. I thought the pacing was well done and the exchange back and forth was well done; since we were going back and forth, there were more opportunities for cliff hangers and they weren't annoying or ill-placed.

There were also a few characters that stood out to me. I especially enjoyed Tola. I imagined her as a mature, witch version of Merida. It's probably the wild red hair that gives that image. I really enjo
Summer Kiska
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm very hard to please, so it's always refreshing to read a good book that leaves a positive impression!

When Rains Fall is about two women (with swapping points of view between them) who never meet, but have ties that you slowly begin to uncover. Both women have known tragedy, and yet their will and strength to push past their obstacles is lovely to witness.

Both main characters are flawed, but determined. I found them each likable in different ways and enjoyed a lot of the characters they came
Lana
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Rains Fall is the first book in the series The Lost Fields and this book was written on two fronts, dealing with the lives of two female characters, Sibba and Rayne, who come from very different backgrounds and lives but who are both courageous and who want to be free from their fathers and their home! They are both survivors who are highly trained to fight but both of them are also led by a strong moral compass which guides their actions. I really enjoyed the breath taking adventure which ...more
Beth Oliver
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
[I received this ARC from the author Cassidy Taylor for review.]

Title: When Rains Fall
Genre: Young Adult Fanasty
Cover: 3/5

Awesome. Action packed. Fantastical.

As a fan of Kristin Cashmore's Gracelings trilogy, I loved this. Also the hint of Viking influence sold me even more.

Two Princesses. Two Worlds. Same Destiny.
Told in two points of view, Sibba and Rayne, about two princesses finding out who they are amist enemies, love, and family.

Personally I liked Sibba character a little better then Ra
Kaila DiPetrillo
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC from the author.

I loved this book, and it’s prequel novella (The Dry Season) and cannot recommend them enough! They have left me wanting more in a way I haven’t found in a series in a while.

The women in this are powerful and strong and the kind of characters everyone can resonate with. The world building was fantastic and I was completely engrossed in both sides of this story (if I have to choose later it’s going to break my heart!).

A few pieces of her world I’v
Milos Mojsilovic
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have always considered fantasy to be my bread and butter. My favorite genre to read. While every book has the ability to transport you to another world full of excitement and adventure, fantasy, especially high fantasy, always seemed to do it better. Adventures were grander, dangers more dangerous, and twists od faith, more unusual.

When Rains Fall is a fantastic novel by Cassidy Taylor, that's showcases everything I love about fantasy genre. Where magic happens, heroes find strength to do wha
Christine
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for review!

At first glance I thought this book would be just meh but it pleasantly surprised me! Both female leads, Sibba and Rayne, were very interesting. Such a well thought out, descriptive story! Speaking of descriptive, there’s a LOT in this book. Mostly great because you get a full visual of the world and characters, but some parts I did find myself going “yea, yea, let’s get on with it already!” That’s why I gave this a 4. Overall, I really enjoyed this book
Tessa
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

Book 1 of The Lost Fields follows two young women essentially displaced in their worlds, trying to discover their roles as leaders, and how they morally handle that in relationships and in life changing decisions. The stories take place on either side of the Impassible Straight, but are very much linked. I initially had some difficulty getting oriented with the two story lines and how they are connected, but once was over that hurdle really enjoyed the plots, characters and world.
I felt satisfi
Katelyn Anderson
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I knew this book was going to be an epic adventure when I saw the cover! When Rain Falls is a non-stop action packed high fantasy novel. The two POVs complement each other perfectly because you get a taste of both worlds: Royals VS Vikings. From start to finish I was hooked. There’s so much that goes on in this novel and the world building is excellent. The only thing lacking was the emotional impact of certain character deaths, but other than that, I enjoyed reading this book.
Lauren Polydys
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC from the author.

When Rains Fall is an action packed story written from the perspectives of two strong female protagonists, Sibba and Rayne. Both characters go on their own journey of finding themselves and you are kept enthralled at every turn through unexpected twists and discoveries. I would 100% recommend this book to readers who love fantasy and adventure and I personally cannot wait for book 2.
Amber  Christiansen
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I enjoyed reading about Rayne and Sibba as they each went through challenges and heartaches. Though their paths didn't cross in this book, it seemed like it would likely happen soon. I am eager to see how that would play out. This was an excellent first in series and I look forward to the next book.
Jack Keener
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've had the pleasure of reading this book three different times. The characters are well developed and carry weight to them. Even the minor characters seem like they exist on their own and could have their own stories. The transitions between main characters is well done and the world is real and it breathes. I'm excited to see where the story goes from here. This is definitely a strong story.
JR Szpila
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! It was a fast read because the pacing was great and the action/storyline moved it along quickly. There were many points I didn’t want to put it down. Add this to your tbr. The story went places... I couldn’t guess every move and I loved that.
Shannon
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful story that follows two girls who have their worlds turned upside down and have to find a new way in the world. The characters are complex and you can see them growing through the story and the world they are in is rich and varied.
Paul Weil
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written fantasy adventure story steeped in magical lore. With characters that pop and seem realistic and her prodigious world-building, lovers of classic fantasy, especially those that love powerful female lead protagonists, will eat this up! Cassidy Taylor is one to watch.
Cynthia Brandel
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-author
A wonderful read with an original plot.
Jackie
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Siba has never felt like a Fairfield but for the sake of her Mom she has to try. When tragedy strikes, things change. An intriguing story by a great author.
Kira
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I received a copy of this book for my honest review.

I absolutely loved this book. There wasn’t a part of this book that I didn’t like. It pick up very fast in the beginning g and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I thought I was going to dislike the switching between perspectives but the changes happened at the perfect times. When one left off on a cliffhanger the next person perspective was just as immersive and then you wanted to keep reading theirs! Forgetting about the others. I serious j
Daniell
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new adventure

This was a great story. The two main stories keep things interesting and help to make a complete story. The characters are forced to grow and change as they are faced with many challenges as well as situations that are beyond their control. They are complex and interesting and detailed enough so the reader feels invested in their fate. I’m looking forward to the next book.
Cassidy
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jamie Hancock
rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2018
Cassie James
I received an ARC of this book and in no way does that influence my opinion on it.
description
When Rains Fall by Cassidy Taylor is her debut novel and let me tell you, this book is amazing. I was engrossed from the very first line I read, the story pulled me in and never let go.
When Rains Fall tells the story from two amazing and unique female perspectives. Sibba the daughter of a Warrior Chief who lives on a small island with her mother after her parents separation and Rayne, the runaway Princess who se
Hannah
Mar 27, 2018
Cyber
Dec 16, 2017
Lamar
Dec 12, 2018
Julie Bird
Jul 21, 2018
I’m Cassidy Taylor, and I write, mostly young adult fiction. I studied English and Creative Writing at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It was there that I found my niche in children’s literature, and won the Bill Hooks Award for Young Adult Fiction in 2007. I live in beautiful North Carolina with my husband, two kids, two dogs, and one cat who thinks he’s a dog.