Start by marking “Undefeated” as Want to Read:
Undefeated

Undefeated

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  466 Ratings  ·  204 Reviews
When your world crashes down
When they all say you’re out
When your body is broken
I will rise.
I will return.
And I will be undefeated.

Nick Renshaw is the golden boy of British rugby. When a serious injury threatens his career, he starts to spiral downwards, a broken man.

Abandoned and betrayed by those closest to him, he fights to restart his life. Maybe there’s someone out t
ebook, First, 274 pages
Published January 23rd 2018 by Stuart Reardon Publishing (first published December 11th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Undefeated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undefeated

Nicola
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Rugby is one of my pleasures in life and not just because the players thighs are a work of art. The atmosphere, the camaraderie between both the fans and the players, the all-round passion, there’s nothing like it. So when I started this and discovered that the club the hero plays for when we first meet him is my hometown, along with the fact he’s a Yorkshireman who can make Cottage Pie, calls an evening meal tea and uses the word git, I was chuffed to bits.

description This was rugby—it was meant to be ha
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
2.5 - 3 ★'s

I was definitely curious about this book. I hadn't read a book by Jane Harvey-Berrick before although I know a lot of my GR's friends really like her books. And well, almost everyone has seen heard of Stuart Reardon. Sounds like a win-win, right?

Unfortunately for me, not so much. The amount of rugby information was a bit overwhelming. TBH I don't really care what all the positions do, all the injuries they get, all the league info, etc, etc. But to be fair, I guess it wasn't too over
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"

I've been kindly given an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest opinion.

When your world crashes down...
When they all say you’re out...
When your body is broken...
I will rise.
I will return.
And I will be undefeated.

5 Undefeated stars

You will live it. You will dream it. You will fall head over heel in love with it.

It’s been nothing like I expected. Rather let me reformulate: I expected something good as I know Jane Harvey-Berrick’s writing and am a fan. I did not expect that intensity!

Let’s go
✿Penny
MJ
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2018-books
Let me first just say that Stuart Reardon is so much more than just a handsome face. I didn't know what to expect from his collaboration with Jane Harvey-Berrick, but knowing Jane's work intimately I knew to expect something of quality. And then I started it. And I quickly realized oh this book would clearly be more than quality. And it is. It is extraordinary. I was immediately pulled into Nick Renshaw's world of rugby and never looked back. And as the name suggests, it truly is the story of on ...more
Pick a Book
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

English / Português

3,5 stars

Curiosity. That's what attracted me most to read UNDEFEATED. I have read a few books by Jane, however, being the first book by Stuart Reardon, a former Rugby player and current model among other things - including covers of authors we know and love - I was extremely curious about this partnership. And it was a good surprise. I liked them together.

The book tells the story of rugby player Nick Renshaw, who had just been hired by a great team. However, in his last game o
Kindling Micky
I’m already a Jane Harvey-Berrick fan but I had a little trepidation going into this book with a debut author as a writing duo, no prejudices, I was just unsure what I’d find. Actually, what I did find was that the experience of Stuart Reardon brought a tangibility and raw-ness to the sports element of this book that made it unique in the world of sports romance. So, I have come out of this unsure where each author started and finished in terms of quality of writing (that was good) but with some ...more
Dilek VT
Apr 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at %35.

Borderline boring, slow and annoying. My time is more precious than my money...
Melanie A.
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
4 STARS!
"I've always thought that being nice is undervalued."
There was A LOT to like in Undefeated! It was solidly written, and I loved the passion for rugby that underscored the whole story.

Nick is a professional rugby player whose world comes crashing down when he suffers a potentially career-ending injury. His club sends him to sports psychologist Dr. Anna Scott to help him get back in the game, so to speak. Of course, sparks fly between them. ;)

It was Nick who made this book for me. He
Hms
I really enjoyed this collaboration between one of my favorite authors, Jane Harvey-Berrick, and new to me author Stuart Reardon. Anna and Nick were solid characters with some big problems. Some of said problems were unavoidable but were absolutely compounded by one spiteful, acrimonious bi**h called Molly. I so hoped a dump truck would knock her into a vat of battery acid. In all, some life altering problems overcome by likable characters, a solid plot and a lot of lovely grungy rugby.
Rejane
Jan 24, 2018 marked it as no-way-jose
This book is not for me. Cheaters everywhere. Among other things.

Kristiej
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
: I hold my fingers a bit when I start a new Harvey-Berrick book. While most of them are so truly wonderful and tear inducing that for me they are well deserved five star or solid A’s. But every so often I’ll read one that hits my hot button and I can’t even finish it. Undefeated is definitely the first, very much a thumbs up book.
I’m on her mailing list so I’ve seen for a while this book was written in collaboration with Stuart Reardon and I was wondering how it would flow and it flows wonderfu
Kahea
***4.5 ‘I Will Rise. I Will Return’ Stars***

Have you ever finished a book where you were all kinds of swoony happy and yet ragey and irritated all at the same time??

Well...that’s me right now and it has been about 12 hrs since finishing the book and getting a decent night’s sleep in, so the struggle has been real with getting the words to cooperate. But the bottom line is I really enjoyed Undefeated. It gave me a huge case of emotional whiplash and redefined what hitting rock bottom is, but I
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 14-arc

I already had the pleasure of meeting Stuart Reardon at a book convention and I think I will be repeating myself when I say that I love Jane Harvey-Berrick’s writing style. So when it came to my attention that those two would be writing together well it was a given that I needed to read that.

I am not sure how they shared their work but I think it is fair to assume that this detailed knowledge about Rugby and the emotions of the players is definitely coming from him and wow I would have never gue
Jan
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I will rise... I will return..... And I will be undefeated

Firstly this cover, I love it, brilliant cover choice for this story.

Undefeated is a good story that I found myself completely immersed both with the plot and the characters.

Undefeated is based on the story of a Rugby player Nick Renshaw who on his way up the ladder to bigger and better times in his game gets knocked down through an injury and from there Nicks world Spiral's.

Anna Scott is a sports psychologist who has also had her far
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Undefeated was a raw story - however, even if it almost read as a biography at times, I had difficulties truly enjoying the two main characters.
Selma
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arcs
I'm a die-hard fan of Jane Harvey-Berrick and her fantastic writing. I know her as a very versatile author who always comes up with unique and refreshing new ideas. So when she announced that she is writing a rugby romance novel with Stuart Reardon - a former professional athlete and now model and fitness coach - I was beyond excited and had certain hopes and expectations for this collaboration. What I didn't however expect was that it would touch me on so many levels and teach me a few importan ...more
Luiza
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hey...
I guess I would have enjoyed much more if it wasnt in third person, I'd rather read first pov, buuut... in a way this book kept me thinking.
Nick is a very sweet man, he is devoted to his profession, he is in love with life and he has gone through some shit...
Anna is hardworking, she is determined and very professional. She is lovely and easy to like.
It's easy to see Jane's writing, with mature and grownups, there is no childish discussion, no silly arguments, and it's good to read about o
Mollie
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

Simply put, I was blown away. This book went way beyond my expectations. It is unlike any other sports romance I've read. The biggest draw was knowing there was a bit of truth to this story. It was insightful, genuine, distressing, inspiring, heartwarming, heartbreaking, scandalous, and engaging. It made me see athletes and their struggles in a whole new light. Jane Harvey-Berrick and Stuart Reardon did a wonderful job. Their collaboration wowed me. This was actually the first time I've
Michaelene
The idea of Jane Harvey-Berrick and Stuart Reardon’s Undefeated nabbed my attention. I’m sure other romance readers have seen Reardon gracing other romance novel covers, and this one had a rugby player hero (like Reardon was). I really wanted a sports romance and while this one delivered on the sports, the romance didn’t receive the same treatment.

Where this novel really shines is on the life of an athlete. In particular, what happens after an injury: the pitfalls and disappointments, the victo
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
On indefinite hold but this has nothing to do with this story. Just my own personal reasons.
Il confine dei libri
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: letti
Buonasera lettrici!
Oggi vi parlo in anteprima della mia ultima lettura in lingua, mi riferisco a “Undefeated” di Stuart Reardon e Jane Harvey Berrick.
Nick Renshaw è un giocatore di rugby professionista che porta sul suo corpo le cicatrici di partite vinte e perse, per lui il rugby è qualcosa che lo definisce e lo completa.
Tutto sta andando a gonfie vele: ha una carriera promettente e presto si sposerà con la donna che ama, ma un grave infortunio durante l’ultima partita con la sua precedente sq
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Giving up only accomplishes one thing: failure."

I admit that it was the collaboration of the co-authors that intrigued me the most about this story. I have zero knowledge about rugby, but I've enjoyed Jane Harvey-Berrick books in the past, so I knew she had the talent to make this work. And yes, I knew who Stuart Reardon was too. I've seen him on many book covers, including this one. The fact that he is actually a pro rugby player made me even more curious knowing that it would be his POV beh
Mari
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018reads, arcs, athlete
I admit the reason I wanted to read I was curious on how Stuart Reardon's writing style. Plus the blurb does sound interesting even if I know little about rugby. As a fan of JHB's writing already I wonder how they split the writing and it would be combined. As a sports fan I'm eager to try a new sport in my reading.

Took me a while to get into it I had to get into the writing since I'm not used to it. Part two was better. I Even if I don't follow Rugby I understood the action. Nick's story is no
Yodamom
Jan 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
Juliana Alves  READ *--*
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 - Interessante.
Karma Queen
Full disclosure - I'm a big fan of Stuart Reardon and was both excited about and dreading reading this book. I did not want to be disappointed. I gave it a shot since it was a collaboration with Jane Harvey-Berrick. Besides, how will you know if you never try?

I enjoyed the book and thought it was very timely that it shows how today's social media can be used to tear down a person's reputation. Word bytes gain traction quickly before the full story has a chance to be reported.

The book centers on
Mycoton32
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing

17/20 - J'ai adoré le thème, j'ai apprécié les personnages et leur évolution, j'ai aimé que ça se déroule sur plusieurs mois et la fin est juste parfaite !!
Raquel Costa
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Review in portuguese

*** 3,5 estrelas ***

Quando recebi o ARC desse livro, larguei tudo pra entrar de cabeça no mundo do Rugby nessa nova história vamos conhecer Nick e Anna.

Nick um jogador de rugby, de 26 anos com uma carreira fazendo sucesso, ele recebeu uma ótima oferta pra jogar em um grande time, mas o pior acontece quando no último jogo antes de ser tranferido ele sofre uma lesão.
Anna é uma psicologa desportiva, além de ajudar psicologicamente e
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, alpha-male
Wow... What a nice story... In South Africa Rugby is like, I guess Football to Americans. So this story was a good read for me.
Nick is a rugby player who is finally moving on up in his career, but then he has an injury in his last game for his old team. So he gets sent to a sports psychologist to help him heal.
Anna Scott is a sports psychologist who has had her own share of heartache and down on her luck. She moved from the US to the UK hoping for a fresh start.
From the moment they meet there i

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“LOOK IN THE MIRROR