Start by marking “Once Upon The Eighties: A Pop Art Novel” as Want to Read:
Once Upon The Eighties: A Pop Art Novel

Once Upon The Eighties: A Pop Art Novel

Two girls from different families grow from ages six to sixteen in the 1980s. Movies, TV shows, top radio hits, MTV videos, fashion, toys, and the real-life events that occurred alongside it all! Relive the decade from beginning to end.
Published November 7th 2017 by Estep & Fitzgerald Media

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon The Eighties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon The Eighties

Minty McBunny
Jun 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018, june-2018
This book...it’s like stunningly awful. I mean, I was born 2 years before the thinly veiled caricature of the author main characters and if I had known I could get a book deal to write down an outline of every popular 80s song, commercial, movie and video, in a completely straightforward and unembellished way, add in the details of popular fashion trends and then, at the last minute, label some chapters Jill and the rest Jennifer so the memories are coming from two different girls (who have the exact ...more
Robbie-Ann McPherson
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic nostalgia trip...amazing detail!! Anyone who grew up in the 80s will appreciate the warm fuzzies. Amy Asbury is such a funny, witty writer with an original voice. Love her work.
Christie Barron
Totally cute book. Had a smile on my face the whole time, and I also remembered most of what she was talking about, having grown up in the Eighties. Super fun book!
Joy Oaks
Kris
Jun 24, 2019
Amy Buckert Johnson
Sep 07, 2019
Amy Asbury is the author of two memoirs, both of which have garnered an international following. The Sunset Strip Diaries tells of her teen years on Hollywood's most famous street, a place where musical history is made and the party never ends. The follow up book, Confetti Covered Quicksand, tells of the stark fallout from those wild years, and of her struggle to reinvent herself. Her third book i ...more