Start by marking “Killian” as Want to Read:

(Benedetti Brothers #5)

Cilla

The Beast had Belle.
Killian Black has me.

How I got here doesn’t matter, even though he says it does. Says it was my choice. He doesn’t get it, though. It wasn’t ever a choice for me.

And now, he’s changing the rules.

The agreement was one month. For thirty days, I’d be his. He’s no longer satisfied with my body alone, though. He wants my soul, too. Wants every part o
268 pages
Published January 24th 2018

Start your review of Killian
Bookworm Extraordinaire
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description
descriptionI hate to jinx myself by saying this but I seem to be on a little roll with exceptionally good books lately. I was expecting a fairly straightforward and dark "captive" story but what I ended up with was something much much more. It had depth. It had sadness. It had redemption. It had pain. It had anger. It had a well-developed plot and characters. It was just a really great read for sure.

description

On top of all those things mentioned above, it was also a very well written book. The pace was perfect.
Snow
Re-read: Jan 22-Jan 24, 2018.

Yeah, I've read the ARC of Captive Beauty by Natasha Knight somewhere before Christmas time, and I've re-read it, and changed my mind on a rating, I'm giving it 5 stars cause well, the second time, the story just felt better, it sat perfect with me, and Killian Black took over my inner struggle and won! *wink*

release : January 24, 2018

I loved both characters, Killian Black and Priscilla/Csilla Hawking, and even though the story line started in a well known pa
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
FULL REVIEW TO COME

This is probably one of my favourites by this author, each and every time she delivers and no matter what she writes I never say no when asked to review, this book was some kind of special, just enough darkness and grit to keep all us dark souls liking this journey, but it had so much more going for it than that, both characters have sad, dark, pasts which made for a compelling read, usually it's the male characters we read about that are broken beyond repair and the female sw
Olga therebelreader
Captive Beauty is an incredibly powerful story of strength, trust, pain and love.

Killian is an over the top alpha male, who is obsessed with Cilla. Just looking at her calms his darkness and he craves this. Cilla, by all outward appearances, seems the strong type but it’s a mask. Her dark and troubled backstory caused her to become depressed and rebel. Kill tries to see past her defenses and discover her dark secrets. His deadly mysterious past has, also, turned him into a dark-and-brooding
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Sizzling hot captive romance!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Audio/Narration: 🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧
Romance: 💚💙❤️🧡💖
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📘📗📕📙
World building: 🌏🌏🌍🌎🌏
Character development: 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

The Hero(s): Killian - owner of a Club that is used to launder his underworld money. Killian is a mafia connected, rich and powerful. He had a tragic upbringing. After his parents died, his uncle took him and his sister in and his sister ended up committing suicide.

The heroine: Cilla - a freelance journalist, she s
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Well… wasn’t this a wonderfully delightful surprise? I already had a few of this author’s books under my belt so I knew going in to expect an intense thrill, but I wasn’t expecting it to be so freaking filthy too!

We meet (Pris)Cilla, who is subsequently blindfolded and taken, along with her big brother, to some basement where her future is yet to be determined. Her brother owes some money and she willingly puts herself on the line to save him from being hurt. Her fear was my fear and I had absol
Nazanin
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, 2018
4.25 Dark Knight Stars

"And he is greedy. He will take it all. He’ll take everything from me. Inside and out, he will own me. Destroy me. Decimate me. And when he’s finished, there will be nothing left of me."

Jones stole from Kill and Kill wanted to punish him to be a lesson for others don’t mess with him. but what he didn’t expected was Jones’s sister (Cilla) being in his basement and offer herself to save her brother. So Kill made a deal with her; Cilla being his for a month and instead he won’
Coco.V
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book immensely! Review to come...
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Really liked it! Killian (love that name by the way) was so great! Yes, he is a criminal but he's not a bad person deep down and Cilla needed a man just like him.

Killian and Cilla's past is pretty dark and very sad. They've both been through some very traumatic experiences and even though Cilla's past is not described in detail you can tell what happened to her and her brother and it's so awful! My heart broke for both of them and I can only imagine the pain and trauma they both suffered.

The r
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio – 5 stars
Story – 3 stars

This was the kind of dark romance that was right up my alley. The writing was great, but the story felt rushed and underdeveloped. The H and h are both suffering from tragedies that have happened in their past. Had the story had a gradual progression from pain and suffering to healing, this could have been a highly emotional read for me. But the pacing of the story had me feeling little to no connection between the H and h.
Mimiorphee
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc
He is greedy. He will take it all. He’ll take everything from me . Inside and out, he will own me. Destroy me. Decimate me. And when he’s finished, there will be nothing left of me.

I discovered Natasha Knight's work this year and with each new book, she doesn't cease to amaze me. Disgraced was my favorite so far but Captive Beauty dethroned it.

This standalone is a modern interpretation of Beauty and Beast,  with a mafia / underworld organisation background.

In order to save her brother, Cil
KceeReads
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A dark character and an even darker past, Killian Black has gone through hell and back. Everything he wants, he gets in a snap. Everyone around him is in his command. Though as beastly as he appears to be, is Killian Black the real enemy?

Killian Black is the embodiment of a real beast. A beautiful face and personality both scarred by his very dark past plus a dominance in everything he owns, he as good as commands a person with just a movement of this finger. One of the kings of New York's under
100sweet
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love an alpha H but I have no love for one that humiliates the h or allows others to see her naked. Plus, the h had a past of going to bars and picking up strangers for sex, sometimes in the bathroom. Not only is this super gross but she suddenly realizes after almost being assaulted that what she is doing is dangerous. What a donkey!
Cristina
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is what I needed to get out of my reading slump!!! Romance! Oh my God! I've missed this genre.
This book was so intense! Half of the time I was scared for Cilla (what a strange name btw) and half of it, I melted for Kill (this nickname was special and so perfect for the story).
I liked this story. The action ran through my mind, but it had a great storyline. They both had their demons and somehow the ghosts and the demons created a link between the characters. Sometimes beeing damaged can b
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
Gah!! That was awesome!

This is Natasha Knight's best to date! Captive Beauty was a perfectly balanced dark and depraved romance. It definitely hit my sweet spot; I read 90% of it in one go, late, late into the night - I couldn't put it down!

Cilla and her brother have been through so much together; she owes him, so when he messes up, she barely hesitates before offering herself up to a very dangerous man to save him. Killian Black takes her as payment for 30 days.

Despite loving this somewhat over
Dri ✰
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 3,5 stars!!! ★

“I’m no hero, not yours. Not anyone’s. I’ve never aspired to be one.”
Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Does the mafia beast have a heart?

Captive Beauty is a twisted retelling of the classic, Beauty and the Beast by the dark, gritty talented author Natasha Knight, who has definitely left me stricken with her words in her take on the captive/captor novel. A roller coaster of twists that will have your mind spinning in multiple directions, bringing out emotions you never saw coming.

“What did I agree to? What have I done?”

Cilla offer
Cora Kenborn
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captive Beauty has stunned me in the best way possible. Natasha Knight has taken a common mafia trope and dismantled it, turned it on its ear, and made it an unrecognizable fresh story that didn’t fit in any box. It grabbed me by the throat from page one and never let go, keeping me up all night to read it in one sitting. The plot was well constructed and just when I thought I had it figured out, BOOM, Ms. Knight threw a jaw dropping curveball at me.

Cilla offers herself to Kill (Killian) as pay
Stephanie
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story! I was hooked from
The get go...I was drawn to the characters and drama between Killian and Cilla and Even his cousin Ben. Everyone had a back story and nothing felt rushed or unrealistic. Most importantly, Killian comes off like a man...something most authors have trouble pulling off.
Leigh
Captive Beauty was an ok read. I didn't love it or hate it, I actually felt neutral towards it. What I do know is I wouldn't reread it. While I thought the intimate scenes were hot, I didn't feel their relationship was developed enough for me to believe their HEA. ...more
Expresso
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Knight NAILED it in this dark and delicious read!

Kill is his name. “The Life” is his game. How sexy is a sexy, scarred, and yummy alpha caveman who is granted the name Kill? How HAWT is it? Kudos to Knight for developing Kill’s character with the above attributes but allowed him to be sensitive enough not to be labeled a sociopath! Kill is broken and his being broken is how he found the one to save his soul.

Cilla makes Kill’s acquaintance thanks to her troublesome brother. She’s just as broken
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! I absolutely loved this book. Like seriously loved it. I wanna go sit and re read it again, it was that kinda read for me.

Killian is the mafia beast. He does what he wants and takes what he sees. He’s got his own demons haunting him.

When Cillas brother’s life is in danger by Killian Cilla offers herself for a month to do whatever Killian wants. She doesn’t realise how much of a beast he is. Cillas past has been haunting her every day. She’s got so many demons that she can’t deal with th
Dee's Reading Zone
Both H/h had the deepest, darkest secrets so who really was the prisoner in"Captive Beauty"...

Was it Killian (Kill) or Cilla's in this gritty, dark and very emotional read? What started with Cilla being Killian Black's property for a month to prevent him from hurting her confused brother, Jones continued with them needing each other because their past were so twisted and so heartbreaking! But Cilla needed the darkness and Kill was just that -BLACK, COLD AND DARK who slayed her dragons!

"He took
Amber J.
I absolutely loved this book and cannot wait to read more from Natasha Knight! This was dark, intense, sexy and dangerous. A definite must read if you like Alpha male bad boys.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, owned
I love captive stories! I don't know why, but I also love enemies to lovers. So maybe hate pulls me in?

Even though with this story I had a few problems.. At the beginning I didn't feel the chemistry? Or sexual tension like is mentioned. Maybe I'm just not that invested in the story, which made me unseeing of those things.

But I love those stories and Natasha Knight has surprised and given me a good read a few times.

Although we didn't get to know exactly what happened in the past we knew a few th
Literatures Movies
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
DNF at 62% – skimmed till 83%, got bored, stopped reading.

I'm the minority in this one since all of my friends on GR who has read this book had loved it.

It just didn't do anything to me. It was all fun and games at first, but eventually it got boring.

The connection between the H and h wasn't really there. It feels bland and kind of forced. There are times when they had sex that the H let other men see her naked. Not for a long period of time, but still. I don't like it when the H doesn't mind
Sangria
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Well.......huh.

I’ve read and loved this author many, many times over. I’ll just start there.

But, this book left too many holes for me and it definitely wasn’t what I was expecting. That’s not always a bad thing, so I forged on.

We immediately meet our anti-hero. We know he has a terrible past. I was drawn to his backstory on his sisters demise. Luckily we’re told pretty quickly what happened to her.

We meet Jones and Cilla. A brother-sister combo. They grew up in foster care and Jones is a drug ad
Siobhan
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Beauty and the Beast retellings, be they fantasy or contemporary. I also love dark romances. Therefore, it should come as no surprise to hear Natasha Knight’s Captive Beauty was screaming at me from the moment my eyes fell upon the synopsis.

I’ll be honest, despite my excitement a part of me was worried. I love dark romances, but often find the books are nowhere near as dark as I would like them to be. Fortunately, Captive Beauty delivered the darkness. I have no wish to jinx myself, but i
carol
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult readers.
This is classed as dark romance and so it becomes. Told from both male and female perspectives it shows how the past traumas impinge on present and future unless dealt with. This may be a cathartic situation for those who have endured past abuse and perhaps a warning should be shown.

Beast metaphor is Killian, involved with N. Y. mafia, world of drugs and drug dealing, sex, and other abuses that I don’t like seeing put on a pedestal with characters actions and activities...a personal taboo. Yet,
Gabby (bookstorecoffee)
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

I really enjoyed this book, it includes a lot of my favorite themes in a romance book, dark, mafia and angst for days! 🙌🏼

The beginning did feel a little rushed which is why I can’t give it 5 stars but towards the 50% mark things got veerrryy interesting and i love all the twists and turns!

I can’t wait to read more by Natasha Knight!

• Anguished (Crimson Elite, #2)
  • Conceited  (Crimson Elite, #3)
  • Sexy
  • Keep Me
  • Cavalier (Crimson Elite, #1)
  • Insolent (Crimson Elite, #4)
  • Total Exposure (Jordan’s Game, #1)
  • Pretty Thing (Naughty Things, #1)
  • Sin with Me (Original Sin, #1)
  • The Pleasure of Panic (Jordan's Game, #2)
  • Sweet Thing (Naughty Things, #2)
  • Rock
  • Jesse (Bossy Brothers, #1)
  • Sweet Captivity (Captive, #1)
  • Pushed (The Dark Flower, #1)
  • Angels Fall (Original Sin, #2)
  • Pause
See top shelves…
Natasha Knight is the USA Today Bestselling author of Romantic Suspense and Dark Romance Novels. She has sold over half a million books and is translated into six languages. She currently lives in The Netherlands with her husband and two daughters and when she’s not writing, she’s walking in the woods listening to a book, sitting in a corner reading or off exploring the world as often as she can g ...more

Benedetti Brothers (5 books)
  • Salvatore (Benedetti Brothers #1)
  • Dominic (Benedetti Brothers, #2)
  • Sergio (Benedetti Brothers #3)
  • Giovanni