Start by marking “Captive Beauty” as Want to Read:

Captive Beauty

Cilla

The Beast had Belle.
Killian Black has me.

How I got here doesn’t matter, even though he says it does. Says it was my choice. He doesn’t get it, though. It wasn’t ever a choice for me.

And now, he’s changing the rules.

The agreement was one month. For thirty days, I’d be his. He’s no longer satisfied with my body alone, though. He wants my soul, too. Wants every part o
268 pages
Published January 24th 2018

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI hate to jinx myself by saying this but I seem to be on a little roll with exceptionally good books lately. I was expecting a fairly straightforward and dark "captive" story but what I ended up with was something much much more. It had depth. It had sadness. It had redemption. It had pain. It had anger. It had a well-developed plot and characters. It was just a really great read for sure.

description

On top of all those things mentioned above, it was also a very well written book. The pace was perfect. I
Snow
Re-read: Jan 22-Jan 24, 2018.

Yeah, I've read the ARC of Captive Beauty by Natasha Knight somewhere before Christmas time, and I've re-read it, and changed my mind on a rating, I'm giving it 5 stars cause well, the second time, the story just felt better, it sat perfect with me, and Killian Black took over my inner struggle and won! *wink*

release : January 24, 2018

I loved both characters, Killian Black and Priscilla/Csilla Hawking, and even though the story line started in a well known path o
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
FULL REVIEW TO COME

This is probably one of my favourites by this author, each and every time she delivers and no matter what she writes I never say no when asked to review, this book was some kind of special, just enough darkness and grit to keep all us dark souls liking this journey, but it had so much more going for it than that, both characters have sad, dark, pasts which made for a compelling read, usually it's the male characters we read about that are broken beyond repair and the female sw
Olga therebelreader
Captive Beauty is an incredibly powerful story of strength, trust, pain and love.

Killian is an over the top alpha male, who is obsessed with Cilla. Just looking at her calms his darkness and he craves this. Cilla, by all outward appearances, seems the strong type but it’s a mask. Her dark and troubled backstory caused her to become depressed and rebel. Kill tries to see past her defenses and discover her dark secrets. His deadly mysterious past has, also, turned him into a dark-and-brooding t
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, captive, dark, dual-pov
Well… wasn’t this a wonderfully delightful surprise? I already had a few of this author’s books under my belt so I knew going in to expect an intense thrill, but I wasn’t expecting it to be so freaking filthy too!

We meet (Pris)Cilla, who is subsequently blindfolded and taken, along with her big brother, to some basement where her future is yet to be determined. Her brother owes some money and she willingly puts herself on the line to save him from being hurt. Her fear was my fear and I had absol
Nazanin
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, dark
4.25 Dark Knight Stars

"And he is greedy. He will take it all. He’ll take everything from me. Inside and out, he will own me. Destroy me. Decimate me. And when he’s finished, there will be nothing left of me."

Jones stole from Kill and Kill wanted to punish him to be a lesson for others don’t mess with him. but what he didn’t expected was Jones’s sister (Cilla) being in his basement and offer herself to save her brother. So Kill made a deal with her; Cilla being his for a month and instead he won’
Coco.V
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book immensely! Review to come...
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Really liked it! Killian (love that name by the way) was so great! Yes, he is a criminal but he's not a bad person deep down and Cilla needed a man just like him.

Killian and Cilla's past is pretty dark and very sad. They've both been through some very traumatic experiences and even though Cilla's past is not described in detail you can tell what happened to her and her brother and it's so awful! My heart broke for both of them and I can only imagine the pain and trauma they both suffered.

The r
Mimiorphee
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc
He is greedy. He will take it all. He’ll take everything from me . Inside and out, he will own me. Destroy me. Decimate me. And when he’s finished, there will be nothing left of me.

I discovered Natasha Knight's work this year and with each new book, she doesn't cease to amaze me. Disgraced was my favorite so far but Captive Beauty dethroned it.

This standalone is a modern interpretation of Beauty and Beast,  with a mafia / underworld organisation background.

In order to save her brother, Cilla
KceeReads
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A dark character and an even darker past, Killian Black has gone through hell and back. Everything he wants, he gets in a snap. Everyone around him is in his command. Though as beastly as he appears to be, is Killian Black the real enemy?

Killian Black is the embodiment of a real beast. A beautiful face and personality both scarred by his very dark past plus a dominance in everything he owns, he as good as commands a person with just a movement of this finger. One of the kings of New York's under
Cristina
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is what I needed to get out of my reading slump!!! Romance! Oh my God! I've missed this genre.
This book was so intense! Half of the time I was scared for Cilla (what a strange name btw) and half of it, I melted for Kill (this nickname was special and so perfect for the story).
I liked this story. The action ran through my mind, but it had a great storyline. They both had their demons and somehow the ghosts and the demons created a link between the characters. Sometimes beeing damaged can b
Melanie A.
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favorites, kobo
Gah!! That was awesome!

This is Natasha Knight's best to date! Captive Beauty was a perfectly balanced dark and depraved romance. It definitely hit my sweet spot; I read 90% of it in one go, late, late into the night - I couldn't put it down!

Cilla and her brother have been through so much together; she owes him, so when he messes up, she barely hesitates before offering herself up to a very dangerous man to save him. Killian Black takes her as payment for 30 days.

Despite loving this somewhat over
Dri ✰
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 3,5 stars!!! ★

“I’m no hero, not yours. Not anyone’s. I’ve never aspired to be one.”
100sweet
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love an alpha H but I have no love for one that humiliates the h or allows others to see her naked. Plus, the h had a past of going to bars and picking up strangers for sex, sometimes in the bathroom. Not only is this super gross but she suddenly realizes after almost being assaulted that what she is doing is dangerous. What a donkey!
Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Does the mafia beast have a heart?

Captive Beauty is a twisted retelling of the classic, Beauty and the Beast by the dark, gritty talented author Natasha Knight, who has definitely left me stricken with her words in her take on the captive/captor novel. A roller coaster of twists that will have your mind spinning in multiple directions, bringing out emotions you never saw coming.

“What did I agree to? What have I done?”

Cilla offers
Stephanie
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story! I was hooked from
The get go...I was drawn to the characters and drama between Killian and Cilla and Even his cousin Ben. Everyone had a back story and nothing felt rushed or unrealistic. Most importantly, Killian comes off like a man...something most authors have trouble pulling off.
Cora Kenborn
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captive Beauty has stunned me in the best way possible. Natasha Knight has taken a common mafia trope and dismantled it, turned it on its ear, and made it an unrecognizable fresh story that didn’t fit in any box. It grabbed me by the throat from page one and never let go, keeping me up all night to read it in one sitting. The plot was well constructed and just when I thought I had it figured out, BOOM, Ms. Knight threw a jaw dropping curveball at me.

Cilla offers herself to Kill (Killian) as pay
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
Knight NAILED it in this dark and delicious read!

Kill is his name. “The Life” is his game. How sexy is a sexy, scarred, and yummy alpha caveman who is granted the name Kill? How HAWT is it? Kudos to Knight for developing Kill’s character with the above attributes but allowed him to be sensitive enough not to be labeled a sociopath! Kill is broken and his being broken is how he found the one to save his soul.

Cilla makes Kill’s acquaintance thanks to her troublesome brother. She’s just as broken
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! I absolutely loved this book. Like seriously loved it. I wanna go sit and re read it again, it was that kinda read for me.

Killian is the mafia beast. He does what he wants and takes what he sees. He’s got his own demons haunting him.

When Cillas brother’s life is in danger by Killian Cilla offers herself for a month to do whatever Killian wants. She doesn’t realise how much of a beast he is. Cillas past has been haunting her every day. She’s got so many demons that she can’t deal with th
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, dark
I love captive stories! I don't know why, but I also love enemies to lovers. So maybe hate pulls me in?

Even though with this story I had a few problems.. At the beginning I didn't feel the chemistry? Or sexual tension like is mentioned. Maybe I'm just not that invested in the story, which made me unseeing of those things.

But I love those stories and Natasha Knight has surprised and given me a good read a few times.

Although we didn't get to know exactly what happened in the past we knew a few th
Amber J.
I absolutely loved this book and cannot wait to read more from Natasha Knight! This was dark, intense, sexy and dangerous. A definite must read if you like Alpha male bad boys.
Riz
2.75 Stars
Jan
Natasha knight took me to the edge with this dark, captivating and gripping read.

Captive beauty begins with Cilla's brother getting caught trying to get one over on Killian but this dark and dominant man who has mafia ties doesn't let anyone off easily, if at all.

Cilla offers herself to pay for her brothers mistake to save his life. One month with Killian to do as he pleases to save him.

Although Cilla offers herself she isn't without fire and fight, she has backbone and doesent make it easy f
Gabby (bookstorecoffee)
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

I really enjoyed this book, it includes a lot of my favorite themes in a romance book, dark, mafia and angst for days! 🙌🏼

The beginning did feel a little rushed which is why I can’t give it 5 stars but towards the 50% mark things got veerrryy interesting and i love all the twists and turns!

I can’t wait to read more by Natasha Knight!
Siobhan
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Beauty and the Beast retellings, be they fantasy or contemporary. I also love dark romances. Therefore, it should come as no surprise to hear Natasha Knight’s Captive Beauty was screaming at me from the moment my eyes fell upon the synopsis.

I’ll be honest, despite my excitement a part of me was worried. I love dark romances, but often find the books are nowhere near as dark as I would like them to be. Fortunately, Captive Beauty delivered the darkness. I have no wish to jinx myself, but i
carol
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult readers.
This is classed as dark romance and so it becomes. Told from both male and female perspectives it shows how the past traumas impinge on present and future unless dealt with. This may be a cathartic situation for those who have endured past abuse and perhaps a warning should be shown.

Beast metaphor is Killian, involved with N. Y. mafia, world of drugs and drug dealing, sex, and other abuses that I don’t like seeing put on a pedestal with characters actions and activities...a personal taboo. Yet,
Shyralf
2 ⭐⭐ Stars! Meh... ...more
Sangria
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Well.......huh.

I’ve read and loved this author many, many times over. I’ll just start there.

But, this book left too many holes for me and it definitely wasn’t what I was expecting. That’s not always a bad thing, so I forged on.

We immediately meet our anti-hero. We know he has a terrible past. I was drawn to his backstory on his sisters demise. Luckily we’re told pretty quickly what happened to her.

We meet Jones and Cilla. A brother-sister combo. They grew up in foster care and Jones is a drug ad
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Natasha Knight!

Wow, wow, wow! My mind is blown, and my heart is still going a million miles an hour. Knight is such a skilled writer, and takes us on a complete journey from the first page to the last. I was completely submerged in the world she created, and had a hard time putting it down to go to class - when school gets in the way of reading.

Cilla and Kill are complex and dark characters whom we can’t help
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Wow💙
This is my first Natasha Knight book and holy crap! It was so nice to lose myself in a dark book after reading some not so good books. And not only was Killian dark but after a while, we find out that someone else is too. But sometimes things are not what they seem. Cilla just might be Killian's undoing.

These two are so damaged it will break your heart ( and it did mine) but when they come together beautiful things happen. There are secrets these two don't want to come forward. But if they
USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance, Natasha Knight specializes in dark, tortured heroes. Happily-Ever-Afters are guaranteed, but she likes to put her characters through hell to get them there. She’s evil like that.

Want to know about New Releases? Sign up for Natasha's newsletter: http://bit.ly/2prymN4

Follow her on Facebook for contests and other fun stuff: http://bit.ly/29q3s4b