Start by marking “Love in the Spotlight (Spotlight, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love in the Spotlight (Spotlight, #1)

Love in the Spotlight

(Spotlight #1)

All proceeds will be donated to Animal Aid Unlimited.

Connor Knightly

Hollywood’s biggest star and a product of Hollywood legends.

Connor needed the right actress for his new movie. He didn’t want the hottest or most popular actress, he wanted the perfect one and Judith was the perfect woman for the role. This movie was his baby and Judith was his star. He just needs to
Published January 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Spotlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Spotlight

Start your review of Love in the Spotlight (Spotlight, #1)
Love2ReadRomance
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Love In The Spotlight. It is a great entertaining quick read. Sophia Peony writes a unique take from behind the scenes in the entertainment industry. I felt Judith’s struggles, and she was Conner’s perfect match because he understood those same struggles. I can’t wait to read more from Sophia Peony!
Sarah Stein
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really interesting read as I've not once read a Hollywood-based story. I know, right?! lol Anyway, I absolutely loved when Judith and Conner clicked. And from the moment they met, I had rooted for them. Though I felt so bad for Judith because it seemed she couldn't get bigger roles, but to me, that was solely on her crappy agent. I'm definitely waiting on the second book in the series.
Charlotte
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Judith goes after her dream

Judith is tired if being a stepping stone actress, tired if being the girl used to make someone else's career better. Judith knows she can be the lead if her agent would just send her on a job that would give her that chance. Bart, Judith's agent has his mind set on keeping her right were she is, so when he's out with his "it girl", Judith spots an acting for a lead toll on the corner of his desk. She decides if he won't help her, she will do it herself and stuffs the
Primrose Passage
Cover:
The cover pops out and draws you in with both the bright pink colors and font. It fits the story just right and was one of the reasons that drew me in to read the book.

Story:
This is book one of the Spotlight Series and my first time reading this Author’s work. I must say it was definitely an enjoyable story. Judith isn’t being taken seriously in her acting career and decides to go over her agent’s head by trying out for a part. It’s the best thing she could’ve done. Conner doesn’t realize
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit 2 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

Love in the Spotlight is a fast-paced beach read by author Sophia Peony. This short story is light, steamy, and entertaining. I enjoyed the characters, especially Judith. She is an actress who is continually typecasted as the supporting actress. Tired of not being taken seriously by her manager, Judith auditions for the leading female role in an upcoming movie, ‘With Love, War’. Connor is the leading man as well as the writer of the
Natasha Sheganlall
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Spotlight was an entertaining read. Enjoyed reading it as it had a lovely combination of romance and fun. Definitely recommended!

Judith and Connor were made for each other.

Great job on the novella Sophia!!
Jenny Prose
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jamie Guellar
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love in the Spotlight is a short and sweet novella, while I don’t usually read story’s about Hollywood actors, I really enjoyed this story.
The banter between Connor and Judith was really funny and their connection instant.
Loved that Connor got straight and to the point about wanting Judith, who needs games?
While I generally like to read longer stories, I really did enjoy this novella. It was funny, light hearted and a quick read.
I look forward to hearing more from this author
Karen Sedgman
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love in the Spotlight was a quick read, and a fabulous one at that! Judith an actress just wanting to made it big in Hollywood! Connor is Hollywood’s biggest star, Connor wanted Judith to be his leading lady and much more!
Kassandra Klay
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. The chemistry is great and will keep you turning pages. It is a must read.
Maren Lee
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This sweet, sexy novella is just what I needed. I loved the behind the scenes look at shooting a war movie when two of the actors are falling in love. Pace is quick but perfect! Will read more from this author!
Layla
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, new-adult
*ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review*

Love in the Spotlight is a novella. I really enjoyed the concept. I've always wanted to read about a romance between two actors starring in a film together. Well, now I have it.

The start was perfect. It's quick-paced. The first meeting between Connor and Judith happens fast and I loved it.

All was well until Connor made his attraction for her clear. Then I was disappointed by a few things like how the connection wasn't really palpable
Kaye Manro
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story It's one of the few books out that shows behind the scenes in the Hollywood film industry. Unknown actress Judith Roux was nearly ready to leave the Hollywood scene behind, but her persistence gave her not just a role in the new Conner Knightly movie but her shot at stardom. I'm looking forward to reading the second book.
Kara Winters
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novella was such a gem to read! Living in Los Angeles, I love when stories come into my neighborhood and I can fall in love with the city all over again. The Hollywood fame and fortune isn't all it's cracked up to be, but Peony tends to her characters with such care and detail that she makes the stars look attainable. Her heroine, Judith, is strong-will and goes after exactly what she wants. The yin to her yang is Connor Knightly, the most handsome man in Hollywood. I loved their chemistry ...more
Kari Hansen
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Judith has grown weary of her agent only sending her on auditions for questionable roles while giving his other clients the better auditions so she circumvents him and auditions for With Love, War.

This project is near and dear to Conners heart as he is not only the lead actor he is also the writer. When he sees Judith he believes she is the right actress for the part and with the other people involved in the project they don’t need an actress with star power.

Working together their attraction is
deborah gould
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was a light and very entertaining. A nice read before bedtime. I can’t wait to see more from this author. The cover is awesome, it draws you in to read it.
Ally Vance
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
A short and sweet little contemporary romance. I enjoyed the slow build up of the relationship between Connor and Judith, strangers to co-workers to lovers. It had a nice mix of script and story with plenty of dialogue and an engaging storyline.

I would have liked to get get to know some of the other characters a little better, the banter between the guys and Connor was funny and I loved one of the little bits with them near the end.

I loved the premise of the story, struggling lower listing
Terry
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick read and attention grabber. Makes you want to know what happens.
Mónica Hdz
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Congratulations Sophia Peony this is a Good book,the story is light, easy to read, it makes you imagine and feel what its protagonists (Judith and Connor) are living
well done girl, success with this book
Se los recomiendo 100%
Lisa Tetting
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this fast paced novel. The storyline was well developed and the main characters very likable.

Judith was a c- list actress waiting for her big break when she took her career into her own hands. Her agent was saving the best roles for more prominent actors, so she stole a flyer from his desk and booked herself for the audition that would change her life.

Connor was THE A-List actor. He also wrote and assisted with the directing if the movie that Judith was auditioning for. He loved her
Jamie
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fast paced book for me. I enjoyed the storyline as well as the characters. I didn't feel the connection that Judith and Connor had for one another. I did like how Connor took a chance on Judith as the star of the show.
Silvia
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed it! It's a fun, sexy book with a fast pace that draws you. I just wanted to know how would it end, so i couldn't stop reading it... Wish you all the success, Sophia!
Sonya Jesus
Charlene Vermillion
Feb 06, 2018
L. Loren
Jan 17, 2018

• Ambitious Drive (Ambition #1)
  • Christmas Kisses: A Collection of Short Stories for the Holidays
  • Ambitious Despair (Ambition #2)
  • After the Storm (Tropical Tryst #3)
  • Knights After My Heart (Knights, #1)
  • A.C.H.E.
In 6th grade I wanted to be a singer. In high school I wanted to be a lawyer, an astronaut and then a house wife when I thought I was going to marry my high school sweetheart. Then I wanted to be a pilot but found out I was too short to fly. So, I decided to become a photographer. When that didn’t work out, I decided to be a writer.

Spotlight (3 books)
  • Crazy with You (Spotlight, #2)
  • Hollywood Wallflower (Spotlight, #3)