Start by marking “The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)” as Want to Read:
The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)

The One You Can't Forget

(The Ones Who Got Away #2)

Most days Rebecca Lindt feels like an imposter...
The world admires her as a survivor. But that impression would crumble if people knew her secret. She didn't deserve to be the one who got away. But nothing can change the past, so she's thrown herself into her work. She can't dwell if she never slows down.

Wes Garrett is trying to get back on his feet after losing his dream
Published June 5th 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The One You Can't Forget, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One You Can't Forget

♥Rachel♥
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Rebecca Lindt is a successful divorce attorney and a survivor of the Long Acre school shooting which has left her with a lot of baggage. Right after the shooting Rebecca was determined to live her life to the fullest in honor of the ones that didn’t make it, but things haven’t turned out exactly as planned. Her life takes a turn when she’s rescued and cared for by Wes Garrett after a mugging-gone-wrong.

Wes Garrett’s dreams were derailed when his lying ex-wife swindled him out of his restaurant b
Debbie Oliphant
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW, I feel like I'm late to the party with this author. I picked up this book because it was on sale and after reading this story, I would have paid full price.

This story is about survival and second chances and all of the emotions in between. This book is part of a series but can be read as a standalone.
Ari
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of The One You Can't Forget ever since I read The Ones Who Got Away. Roni Loren totally won me over with the first book in this series and I was desperate for more so once this baby hit my Kindle on release day, I grabbed a box of tissues and flipped to the first chapter.

The One You Can't Forget follows Rebecca Lindt, one of the Long Acre High School survivors who is still haunted by the tragic night that changed her life. Now a divorce lawyer, Rebecca ha
Hollis
I was really hoping I'd feel the love for this series with THE ONE YOU CAN'T FORGET but once again we're just shy of it. So close but still not quite there. I can definitely say that in a lot of ways this second in The Ones Who Got Away series of connected stories is the stronger of the two as far as flow and plot. But what brought my rating down, and raised many a frustration, were the side characters working against our leads.

Rebecca Lindt has a secret. A hardworking divorce lawyer, with littl
Melanie
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The One You Can't Forget was a magnificent book featuring an amazing romance between an unlikely pairing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rebecca Lindt feels more and more like an impostor with each passing day feeling she didn't deserve to survive when so many others didn't during that fateful night twelve years ago. Known to the world as a Long Acre survivor, Rebecca prefers to keep her head down and focus on her work. While walking home late one evening after a long day at the office, Rebecca is m
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When I read the first book in this series, I knew it was going to be a special series. I knew that in time the four girls (now women) who formed a bond during therapy after a high school tragedy all had their own demons to wrestle. I knew that for each one of them putting their past behind them was near impossible, but finding someone they trusted enough to share the load would hopefully lead them to a happier adulthood. I knew I would shed some tears and I also knew that I trusted author Roni L
Elle's Book Blog
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Release Date: June 5, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 3.75 stars

The One You Can't Forget is the second book in The Ones Who Got Away series. Technically, since it features a different couple from the first book, it can standalone. However, I think I would recommend reading them in order as you don't get much of a backstory if you read them out of order. Personally, I felt like I needed to know what happened to these kids when they were in high school (I felt like I was missin
Fafa's Book Corner
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Mini review:

Trigger warning: Trauma over school shooting, being robbed, mention of depression and suicide, mention of toxic relationship, mention of substance abuse, physical abuse from a parent, gun violence, and a controlling parent.

GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge: Let's Get It On.

I was a bit hesitant to pick up this book. I didn't really enjoy the previous book and wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I am happy to say that I enjoyed it!

Rebecca and Wes were good characters. Their a
Zeee  (I Heart Romance & YA)

I admit that I was intrigued by the premise of The One You Can’t Forget by Roni Loren. I mean, I wondered how a relationship between the hero’s ex-wife’s divorce attorney would pan out. I was not disappointed! This was an emotional read and had all the #feels. Also, there is food involved and a scruffy black dog, so A++ on that!

The One You Can’t Forget is the second book in The Ones Who Got Away series. If you haven’t read the first book, The Ones Who Got Away, I recommend that you do. It is not
Sara
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
It is with at least a slightly heavy heart that I abandon this series. But I can only take so much extreme soap operatic shenanigans before enough is enough. I had some hope that my issues with The Ones Who Got Away were mainly down to the most dramatic story in the series maybe not being the best one to launch it with but unfortunately having now read the second it looks like it's the MO of the whole shebang.

This book continues the romantic trials of the survivors of the Long Acre High prom nig
Bookphenomena (Micky)
3.5-4 stars

I’ve been looking forward to the next book in the Long Acre crew and this was an enjoyable, if somewhat lighter offering from the interconnected characters in this series.

Rebecca is still guilt-ridden over Long Acre and she’s lived a quiet, yet ambitious life pursuing law. She remains intermittently traumatised by her experiences and meets Wes through a situation that is traumatic and triggering. Wes was from the opposite side of the tracks to Bec and her non-issue with this was a bon
Under the Covers Book Blog

I've been dying to get my hands on this book! I fell in love with the group of characters in this series with the first book and was compelled to read more.  Itching to get my hands on it actually.  This is the story of the high school girlfriend of the hero from the first book and yes one of the Long Acre survivors.  She's grown up to be
G.
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
It's an enjoyable contemporary romance, but I felt like it lacked that extra edge the first one had. The really interesting stuff started happening in the last third of the novel, so instead of adding that something to the book, these things just felt added on and unexplored on a deeper level.
AJ
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

This book is the second in the The Ones Who Got Away series, following on from book #1, which completely blew me away. This series of interconnected standalones tells the stories of four friends who survived a high school shooting on their prom night. Though not necessarily friends in high school, they are drawn together in adulthood as they battle to overcome the horror of their pasts and find their HEA.

This is the story of Rebecca Lindt (she was the one who spent her high school years
Dísir
‘The One You Can’t Forget’ isn’t a title that lends itself to easy guessing—one could be forgiven for thinking this is a typical second-chance romance when it really isn’t quite—but the unique context in which school-massacre survivors rebuild their lives brick by brick has put Roni Loren on the book map for me.

For Rebecca Lindt, the woman who’d physically escaped the school shooting, but remains mentally fettered by it years later, ‘The One you Can’t Forget’ is pretty much her story. Despite t
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Can't wait for Rebecca' story!!!

More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Lover of Romance
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Sourcebooks Casablanca in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The One You Can't Forget is the second book in this latest series by Roni Loren and I didn't know what to expect, but from the ending of The One Who got Away, I just knew that I wanted Rebecca's story so badly. And I can't believe I am going to say this but The One You Can't Forg
*The Angry Reader*
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018
***ARC received for an honest review***

My biggest issue with contemporary romances is that the problems tend to arise in two arenas - either the family or all in the characters' heads. I'm not even being facetious as I ask this question - you're busy and lonely and in a dating slump. You meet a gorgeous man with whom you have amazing sex (it really is important in a relationship), whom you admire, with whom you love spending time, and you evolve this healthy respectful relationship. Good, right?
Monique V
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I enjoyed this book quite a lot it was not not what I was expecting. I was expecting this book to be like the first one which dealt with a lot of emotional topics. This book had a lighter tone and the relationship was slower and more fun. I highly recommend this series but I do have to warn you guys: this deals with a school shooting and a case of abuse. If you are sentive to those topics you have been warned. I highly recommend it though😉😊
Christy LoveOfBooks
3.5

Do I even have to say it? Okay. Yes, of course, I enjoyed The One You Can't Forget! I was eager to get Rebecca's story for two reasons: 1) I wanted to know what she was hiding and why she felt so much guilt, and 2) I had major love for the way she handled the awkward situation in the previous book with Olivia and Finn.

Rebecca and Wes are opposites in many ways, yet they are a perfect fit. There was definitely a recipe for disaster because of the role Rebecca played in Wes losing everything. I
Samantha (WLABB)
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have read other Roni Loren books, but I must say, she has won my heart with this series. I am in love with this premise. The focus on these four survivors and how each were impacted by the shooting was enough to earn my attention, but then she gave them each a complicated, but beautiful romance, which just sweetened the pot.

Rebecca was a high-powered, driven divorce attorney. She poured herself into her work as a form of escape, from her past and the guilt she carried because of it. When a Goo
Sara (sarabara081)
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june-2018
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

I fell in love with this series after reading the first book, The Ones Who Got Away. The series follow a group of friends who were deeply affected by a tragic event that happened in high school when a classmate open fired during prom and how it has affected their lives ever since.

We first met Rebecca in the first book and I instantly loved her and was so excited to dig deeper into her character with her own story. She was very mature and selfle
nick
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it

Roni Loren has fast become a favorite author for me. Her book The Ones Who Got Away struck a chord with me and I was eagerly anticipating the follow-up companion novel, The One You Can't Forget. While slightly different in tone from the first book, The One You Can't Forget was another stellar read from Roni Loren. This is definitely a book that's going to my re-read pile.

Years after the horrific Long Acre High School shooting that killed Rebecca's classmates, she is a successful divorce attorney
Kassiah
I had NO idea that this was going to be a series! I'm so excited!

excited omg

I hope we get to see more Finn and Liv here, too! ❤
Bambi Unbridled
description

This is only my second read from Roni Loren, and I'm jumping into a series already in progress. The One You Can't Forget is the second installment of The Ones Who Got Away. I haven't read the first book, and I felt like this one worked okay as a standalone. The series focuses on a group of heroines (and the hero of the first book), who are survivors of a mass shooting at Long Acre High School. The stories take place 10-15 years later, and our heroines are a close group of professional women livi
Jessica
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
The first book in this series was SO GOOD and I was in love with the romance between two high school shooting survivors. I really enjoyed Rebecca's character and couldn't wait to see her have her own happy ending in this book!

Rebecca Lindt has always had a list of goals she had to accomplish to be the best. Now that she's a divorce attorney and working for her father, she's earned the job and the life she wanted. But it's been feeling a bit...lonely. Wes Garrett lost everything during his divor
Sophia
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second installment in a contemporary romance series about a group of four adult women who survived a school shooting and are still dealing with the aftermath. After the intro to them all in the first book, I was eager to get each of their stories and how they find a way to make it through and find romance. This was sized up to be a real lulu with Rebecca Lindt being the divorce lawyer representing the hero's ex. Warily and curiously, I began the book.

The One You Can't Forget is book two in t
Saly
I was totally WOW'ed by the first book in the series with this weirdly not so much. Heroine is a type-A super successful lawyer who runs over backward to please her never pleased father while dealing with the tragedy that happened years ago. When she is mugged the hero comes to her rescue and she recognizes him as someone she was on the opposing side off and helped his ex get a good settlement from. She also thinks he is a cheater with anger issues but of course that misunderstanding i
Nicole P
Rebecca Lindt is a survivor of the Long Acre school shooting. She's a successful divorce attorney, who seems to be content with her lot in life. One evening she gets mugged at gun point and is rescued by Wesley Garrett, the ex-husband of one of Rebecca's clients. That one night, just like her prom night, changes Rebecca's life. Wes is also dealing with starting over and finding his way again after he lost everything important to him.

Together these two embark on a journey they didn't expect and
Rachel
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I was surprised by the connection between these two. I kept waiting for him to figure it out long before he did. This series continues to challenge me. I love the way the author takes these characters touched by tragedy and turns them into crusaders who are not perfect but who are doing the best they can in their circumstances.

• Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2)
  • The Sins of Lord Lockwood (Rules for the Reckless, #6)
  • True Pretenses (Lively St. Lemeston Book 2)
  • The First Time at Firelight Falls (Hellcat Canyon, #4)
  • Luscious (Sexy Chefs, #2)
  • Fight to the Finish (First to Fight, #3)
  • Let It Shine
  • Taking the Heat (Jackson: Girls' Night Out, #3)
  • Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)
  • The Muse (Irresistible, #5)
  • Love Game (Love Games, #1)
  • Kiss Me Hello (Sweetest Kisses, #3)
  • Fireworks (True North, #6)
  • Earth Bound (Fly Me to the Moon, #2)
  • Completely (New York, #3)
  • Rogue Spy (Spymasters #5)
  • Sated (Fit Trilogy, #3)
  • Binary Law (Boston, #1)
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. She holds a master’s degree in social work and spent years as a mental health counselor, but now she writes full time from her cozy office in Dallas, Texas where ...more

The Ones Who Got Away (4 books)
  • The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1)
  • The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3)
  • The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
“And did you just flirt with me in a room full of children?"
She crossed her arms and gave him her best haughty lawyer look. "Of course not. This is a request for a friendly meal."
He laughed, a deep melodic sound. "I like it." He moved his hand around indicating her general person. "I like this whole version of Rebecca who doesn't hate me.”
0 likes
“Fun, Wes. Just fun between friends. And I want to have fun with you."
"Naked fun," he said, his lips curving.
"Yes, but not in a dirty school bus."
He grinned wide. "It was the lack of shirt. I told you."
She looped her arms around his neck. "Nope, it was the books. I've been hot and bothered and completely distracted since. Entire sexual fantasies have been woven. Filthy thoughts have been had.”
0 likes