Start by marking “Cold As Ice (Ice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cold As Ice (Ice, #2)

Cold As Ice (Ice #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  3,461 Ratings  ·  282 Reviews
Never get in the way of a mission

The job was supposed to be dead easy -- hand-deliver some legal papers to billionaire philanthropist Harry Van Dorn's extravagant yacht, get his signature and be done. But Manhattan lawyer Genevieve Spenser soon realizes she's in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that the publicly benevolent playboy has a sick, vicious side. As he trie
Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published November 1st 2006 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Cold As Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold As Ice

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
If Bastien Toussaint is like a bowie knife, brutally destructive, sharp and vicious, then Peter is a stiletto. They are both dangerous men, efficient weapons for the Committee. It's amazing how they could be so different, but still embody the ice cold, ruthless hero.

Peter starts out as a bland, gray ghost (as Genevieve calls him). He is deceptively mild-mannered in his role as assistant to billionaire philantropist Harry Van Dorn. Genevieve doesn't think much of him, except that he's annoyingly
Alex is The Romance Fox
I had to read this series again - and just loved it as much as I did all the other many times.
Anne Stuart's alpha heroes are to die for!!!!! And I love that the heroines are kick-ass and not wilting, whining and helpless females!!!

Black Ice is the 2nd book in Anne Stuart’s Ice Series and I loved reading it as much as I did the previous 4 times It’s another suspense story about the members of the mysterious “Committee, a group of secret cold, jaded, emotionless agents whose only aim is to finish
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Cold As Ice is the second book in Anne Stuart's Ice series, and once again she gives us a hero who's arrogant, annoying, an ass without conscience or heart, too sexy to resist and, in a word, perfect! It's a fast paced story, one that, from the first page to the last, I couldn't put down.
From the cover:

The job was supposed to be dead easy--hand-deliver some legal papers to billionaire philanthropist Harry Van Dorn's extravagant yacht, get his signature and be done. But Manhattan lawyer Genevieve
Robin (Bridge Four)
After a lot of epic and high fantasy reads this was actually a great pallet cleanser. Nothing like a romance that begins with the Hero trying to think of reasons not to kill the heroine. Look it isn’t specifically Peter’s fault Genevieve was just in the wrong place at the wrong time but he doesn’t like it because she is really an innocent and he’d rather not have to hurt her.

Genevieve only had one stop to make before her vacation it should be easy. Get Harry Van Dorn to sign some papers and then
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

“Cold As Ice” is another dark, thrilling read in Anne Stuart’s Ice series. It’s got an exciting, fast paced plot, a vicious villain, a strong heroine, and gamma hero Peter might be ‘cold as ice’, but he completely won me over with his wicked wit and innate raw sex appeal. Peter and Genevieve’s relationship was much more believable to me than Bastien and Chloe’s in “Black Ice”, perhaps because Peter’s vulnerability and feelings over Genevieve are more apparent, whereas
Jul 21, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: umm, no one? or those who like Gamma heroes
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
After a little over 4 chapters of this book, I just couldn't read anymore. I knew what to expect of the story going in, having read the first book of the series and reading other people's reviews/comments, but I just couldn't take how cold-blooded and uncaring the beginning of this book was.

The heroine, whose name I can never remember, was on the annoying side. All she did was babble to herself about her clothes and think about how sooner or later, she would sleep with a client to please her bos
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS. Liked it, didn't love it. A bit too far fetched, which I could have over-looked, but I just didn't feel the love from these characters, and then that ending was a major disappointment.
Still love this author though, and will look forward to reading more of her books.
Nov 08, 2010 rated it did not like it
I loved Black Ice, but I think I may have loved Cold as Ice even more.

Cold as Ice brings us Peter Jensen. A man who can assume any identity and make it believable. A man who has no home, family, or place in this world. A man who is as cold as ice. A man who uses sex as a weapon, a tool to be used when necessary. He states " Lying is one of the three things I'm best at.....and you know the other two? Killing. And sex." Peter Jensen is one of the most intriguing heroes I've ever read.

Like Black Ic
Jul 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Anne Stuart, gamma males
I liked this book but I do find that Anne Stuart's heroes lean a little too close to gamma for me to really enjoy them. I did like Peter better than Bastian, I especially liked the ending where I could tell that they both wanted to be together. We got to see a little bit of Bastian and Chloe, so we know they are married and just had a baby girl. I enjoyed learning more about them because Black Ice ended so abruptly.

I guess my biggest problem with these books is the constant threat of death to th
This series is cracking up to be quite the addictive one! I loved this, it was better than Black Ice and Peter Jensen is one intoxicating man. These books have a very distinct air of mystery to them. You're thinking, yes it is RS, right? Right! But it's different. There was a degree of anxiety present while reading this book as was with black Ice. It's a difficult feeling to explain but it leaves me guessing, anticipating and on the edge of my seat!

Genevieve was in the wrong place at the wrong t
Larissa Ione
Aug 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book even better than the first. Chilling, fast-paced, and with a hero to die for, I ate this book up in one sitting. I REALLY like how Stuart's heroes start out as ice-cold killers...and they end as ice-cold killers. They soften toward the heroine, but they don't turn into saps. You know at the end that they will still do what's necessary and not think twice about it. And you know nothing is going to get between them and the woman they love.

Can't wait to read book 3!
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I've just realized that I read this and I have no idea when. At first, it just sounded familiar, but after a couple of chapters I remembered. I liked the first book in this series. This one is a bit different because the hero is not a bastard as Bastien was. But at least neither of the protagonists were as annoying as Genevieve Spenser.

When you read that a guy is so rich and attractive too many times in the first couple of chapters, it becomes annoying. One of the most infuriating things abou
Mar 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense fans
Recommended to Auntee by: Eastofoz
This was another winner in Anne Stuart's 'Ice' series. I really enjoyed this one; as usual, it had an interesting plot, a really wacko villain, and the H/H--well, they may have started out slowly, but when they finally came together--they sizzled! The hero was probably the most stubborn man I've ever read about when it came to love. He refused to believe in it; he felt he didn't need it or want it. It took a mouthy lawyer heroine to sneak inside his icy cold heart. There were a couple of very em ...more
I read the first book of this series, Black Ice, many years ago and really enjoyed it. The books in this series are very thrilling and action packed, and also comes with a lot of romance between the main characters. This is a perfect kind of cozy mysteries I love to read, but Cold as Ice didn't have same effect on me as the first one. Maybe my taste in books have changed over the years, or maybe it was something else, but even with that, I really enjoyed it! The romance was hot and even the sto ...more
Jane Stewart
Very good for tension and suspense. Problems were heroine stupidity and not as much romance as one expects for this genre.

Book 1 in the series was very good. This is book 2, not as good. I liked the set up and the characters. Billionaire Harry plans to upset financial markets by causing disasters like blowing up mines and oil fields. Peter is an agent for the Committee. He is undercover as an assistant to Harry. Peter is assigned to kill Harry. Genevieve is a New York attorney who arrives on Har
Duchess Nicole
I was very unsure about the hero of this one, Peter Jensen. I never disliked him, but I think Ms. Stuart almost did too good of a job making him into a bland, gray character. I read over some other reviews after I finished, and I see that I am not alone. I think I may have still been just a bit overwhelmed with Sebastian and my complete and utter adoration of Black Ice. Though I did learn a new word, which is always fabulous. Though I probably won't ever use the word sangfroid in conversation, I ...more
Beanbag Love
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it
The heroine was much better than the one in Black Ice ... until the end. What the heck was that nonsense? It was crazy, I'm telling you. Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiitttttt. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. For. Fuck. Sake.

gif wtf photo: WTF?! guyintie.gif

So, anyway, I would have given it four stars, but I had to take a star away from it for Stuart making the heroine lose every ounce of common sense and intellect she'd supposedly had.

The endings of these books are a little abrupt. We do get to check in with the earlier couple s
5+ stars

Anne Stuart delivers another anti-hero to go rabid over!! In 'Black Ice' we got the brutal and blackhearted Bastien Toussaint. Now we're treated to Peter Jensen/Madsen, a sophisticated chameleon who's not afraid to use his innate sexuality to get the job done - no matter how high the price.

From beginning to end,'Cold as Ice' was thrilling, appalling and sexy as hell and I couldn't put it down. This may be the best damn romantic suspense series I've ever read!

Shari Kay
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.25 ✭

Oy vey. What an idiot heroine.

I know A.S. likes to write a cold/jerk/douche hero and a not very bright heroine, but Genny (as she says herself) is as dumb as a rock. Not for falling in love with a man who wants to kill her, but for sheer stupidity.

So Peter...I never found him sexy. At all. There are just too many things in his past/present actions that make him too much of an "ick" factor for me. 1.) the committee has made him basically an assassin with a bit of prostitute on the side. As
Jess the Romanceaholic

How. In the heck. Did I miss this book back when I was reading the Ice series for the first time?! They must've been out of it when I bought them or something, because I know I would've picked it up if they'd had it.

Yes, our hero was the epitome of an Anne Stuart Hero -- jaded, cold, harsh, doing whatever needs to be done, and of course, using his sexuality as a weapon.

But how much did I love Peter anyway? *dreamy sigh* Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I wanted to throttle
Jun 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF @ approx. 10%.

Yes, I know, this is too early to give up on a novel, but GOD, this book reminds me of why I only stick to Mary Higgins Clark for my romantic suspense needs. The characters are just horrible, especially the heroine. She's so goddamn materialistic, troubled and narcissistic that I wanted to clobber her. Seriously. I knew, even in the first few chapters, that there was no way in hell that I'd like that spoiled, rich bitch. No way am I wasting my precious time on her.

And that's
Very enjoyable, quick read - broke me out of my reading drought. I had to sleep and work or I would have finished it in one sitting. I loved Peter and Genevieve (she did get annoying toward the end and that's why I took off 1 star) and they had great dialogue and chemistry. I pictured Peter as Pierce Brosnan and Genny as Nicole Kidman. This book did remind me of a James Bond movie. The ending was abrupt, but I do want to read the next in this series and the first one too. The sexytimes were pret ...more
Ash Wednesday
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-suspense

Well that went better than expected.

While I did enjoy Black Ice, I feel like I haven't found my footing in this series and can't seem to get an actual pulse on how I'm supposed to regard the heroes and, yes, even the heroines. With this book, I've somehow finally gotten Anne Stuart's rhythm and what she's trying to tell me.

These books have a certain International Man of Mystery feel to it especially Black Ice with the hot cars, the hero's glittering social calendar and liquid platinum.
Brittany B.
I'm playing catch-up; I keep swearing I'll give a proper review. I just finished this, and it's so worthy of a proper review. I'm going to work on all of my reviews this weekend.

For now, I can say that Anne Stuart likes her men dark, sexy, and dangerous. Well.. I cannot disagree!! This series is smart, sexy, and full of suspense and mystery. Book two is perhaps more fun than the first.

--> In audio, I preferred the narrator from book one, but Im very biased. I consider the narrator of the fi
Delayed writing this review for a week now. I love this series, but of all the Ice books, I liked this one the least, and all because of the TSTL female. The suspense is intense, but I just got so annoyed with the blond bimbo (Genevieve) who supposedly graduated top of her class at law school. She repeatedly put Peter's life at risk. Wanted to reach into the book and shake the idiot in that scene towards the end.

I liked Peter, but only because Stuart shared his thoughts with me. He is The Ice M
Mar 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Corrine by: people who love dark, morally ambiguous heroes.
After reading the first two in this series, I'm thinking maybe gamma heroes just aren't my thing. I did like Peter more that Bastien, but I still didn't warm up to him completely (pardon the pun). Genevieve was an interesting heroine, but I liked Chloe better. Also, I believed the romance in Black Ice more than this one, which seemed more like a love-brought-on-by-extreme-stress or Stockholm.

I loved that Peter was much more vulnerable - and showed his vulnerability - than Bastien. The shaking h
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in Ann Stuart's Ice series. Genevieve Spenser meets Peter Jenson while she stopped at Harry Van Dorn's yacht to have some papers signed. She just wants to get off the yaght quickly to take her anticipated 6 week vacation hiking the rain forest. Harry Van Dorn turns out to be a sicko but she is unaware of this. Interesting plot, I loved Peter and Genevieve together,and the way she melted Peter's ice cold heart. We also got to see a bit of Bastian and Chloe rom the first bo ...more
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
h is awesome in this one. H is ok - not as good as Bastien. I am docking a half-star for the H as I need a little more declaration - he doesn't show much emotion toward h - and she goes to him in the end. We know he loves her by actions. Still, I liked this one more on the second reading. 3.5 stars.
Rita Gargaglione
Sono stata letteralmente rapita da questa storia, Anne Stuart crea dipendenza, non esagero se dico che, dopo averlo terminato, mi sento in piena crisi di astinenza. Il protagonista mi ha tolto il fiato: sexy, bastardo, spietato ma affascinante. Ma la cosa che ho amato più di tutto sono stati i dialoghi fra Genny e Peter: serrati, brillanti, stimolanti e, talvolta, erotici. Sto parlando di un erotismo sottile che nasce dalla mente e arriva al corpo, dominandolo e fondendo la passione con l'amore. ...more
Anne Stuart Fans: Cold as Ice (Ice Series Book #2) 3 14 Jun 26, 2013 09:17PM
  • Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • To the Limit (The Bodyguards, #2)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Skin Game (Skin, #1)
  • Crazy Cool (Steele Street, #2)
  • Blood and Fire (McClouds & Friends #8)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Wild Encounter
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Darkling I Listen
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic sus
More about Anne Stuart...

Ice (6 books)
  • Black Ice (Ice, #1)
  • Ice Blue (Ice, #3)
  • Ice Storm (Ice, #4)
  • Fire and Ice (Ice, #5)
  • On Thin Ice (Ice, #6)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
“She swam to the shallow end of the pool and stood up, yanking the shrinking top
of the bathing suit up to a more demure level.
"That's a shame," Peter Jensen's cool voice emerged from the shadows. "I was
hoping gravity would win.”
“And what if you're trying to knock out another man," she said, sarcastic. There was no expression in his cool blue eyes. "Then I kiss him," he said in the calmest of voices. "Now you try it.” 3 likes