Start by marking “Dissemble (Allegiance #2)” as Want to Read:
Dissemble (Allegiance #2)

Dissemble

(Allegiance #2)

Once you’re in, you’re in for life.

Plunged into the heart of the country she fled, with one chance to unlock her past, Celeste must employ every skill she has to protect the unsuspecting family she’s grown to love.

With her future, and that of the Haynes family, dependent on her success, a newly trained Celeste is sent undercover to the capital city of Kyraenea.

Celeste’s n
Published February 17th 2018 by Double Edged Sword Publishing (first published February 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Dissemble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dissemble

Start your review of Dissemble (Allegiance #2)
Shannon Hiner
Ready to dive back in?

You only think you are.

Whereas Disowned was a sweet-talking mild-mannered introduction to the Allegiance series, Dissemble strides through the door of the tavern, half-doors swinging wide, spurs glistening, and a devilish tilt to its cowboy hat--ready to take on the world.

Prepared? In your dreams.

This novel knows what its talking about, and isn't afraid to tell you the story. Come what may.

The pacing is a lot faster here, the characters developed and ready to spring off
Nicki Chapelway
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun story filled with intrigue, romance, and several scenes that had me chuckling.

I am extremely invested in all of these characters. Somehow I ship all of them. I don't know who is my favorite character anymore, though my least favorite is probably Maggie. I don't know, I just didn't like her saying that her daughter couldn't learn sword fighting while her son could.

The story was filled with twists and turns, at some points I didn't fully understand what the characters were doing or why,
Sarah Grace Grzy
Wow! So I just read 70% of this in only a few hours. *pats self on back*

RTC after publication.
Katelyn Buxton
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
~ I received a free ARC in exchange for an honest review ~

Dissemble takes the world that we were introduced to in Disowned and builds upon it in a realistic and familiar way. We’re reintroduced to Celeste and Mick, as well as the rest of the Haynes family, plus a whole new cast of characters that add brand-new intrigue to the storyline.

Along the way Celeste is forced to confront her past, and her relationship with a certain *cough* corporal blossoms. Honestly, this was a book that I found hard t
Shantelle

I was excited to get reading Dissemble after finishing the first book in this series! It's an exciting new fantasy world with some great characters, lots of action, romance, and a faith thread.

Dissemble was pretty fast-paced and definitely kept me reading once I got started. I was happy to see more of Mitch, Celeste, Ethan, and the rest. And also explore the lives and backstories of some newer characters. Overall, this book was a great adventure - though it got a little gritty.

I look fo
Lila Kims
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

What an awesome sequel! I got to delve even deeper into characters I'm already attached to, from Disowned. But then I also got to meet and become attached to some new characters - like Torrance Kyle, who annoyed me to no end at first but grew on me, and Amaya, who is SUPER COOL, let's face it. XD

The story is fast-paced, which I appreciated! Every scene was a game-changer and kept me endlessly turning pages.

A few of my favorite things:

- Ethan and Maggie, the amazing parent figures <3 <3
Angela Watts
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
-- Writing: The writing was easy-reading and flowed smoothly, a steadiness from book one into book two. Fantastic!
-- Setting: The description was often clear (especially with the slums. It felt a Doctor Who episode!) and the locations were cool.
-- Story/Plot: OK. Here's where I had some issues, and some slight spoilers, so I'll tread lightly. In short, a big motivation is one I just am tired of seeing in fiction. (view spoiler)
Grace Morris
4.5 Stars! =D

Special thanks to the author who gave me a copy in exchange for a review. The author did not pay me for a review and all the thoughts here are my own honest opinion.

The first book was more on the peaceful side as it built up the plot for this book. And this book, wow. Everything is brought up a few more notches. There's spies, and action, and this bad guy that was interesting, to say the least. Everything was like really tense.

And Torrance! I just loved him! So, I was unsure about h
Abigail
This book was even better then book 1 and so was amazing!! The chracters, plot, everything made me keep flipping pages.

Okay can we all agree that Mick is just a sweet, sometimes violent, cinnamon roll that we need to protect with all our might. *sighs* He is so sweet and innocent and is cute with his lack knowledge when it comes to romance. XD

We also can agree that Smyth is annoying and needs to go away. My blood was boiling anytime I read in his perspective. He is so wicked and evil. *shudders
Karis
This book is great, okay? Just read it—that is what I am tempted to just leave my review at because it would sum it all up. However, you might not be convinced you have to drop everything to read it yet, so I’ll do my best to persuade you. I’ve had the honor of first handedly seeing this book grow into the book that it is now since its first draft, and it is incredible to see the finished result.

Dissemble, book two of the Allegiance series by Sarah Addison-Fox, picks up plot-wise just after the
S.G. Willoughby
I wanted to like this book. I really did. So many people have said good things about it. But... it wasn't what I was hoping it would be.

The Good:
-The cover, like the one for book 1, is simply beautiful.
-Amaya. Though (view spoiler) I really liked Amaya. She's a strong character.
-Sadie and Joe were wonderful as always.

The parts I didn't like:
-I found it very hard to connect with the characters or relat
R.J. Rodda
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Loved that beach ending! No spoilers, but finally!!!

This is the second book in the series (read the first book first!) and has amusing banter, spy-action, sweet romance, evil villains and some great plot-twists. And even an intact loving family where the wife listens to her husband and respects him (you don’t read that much these days).

Torrance injected a bit of welcome humor into the plot. I liked the way I was uncertain about him at the start but then he grew on me. He did deserve to be punc
Abigail
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First thing I have to say: This series is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorites. Seriously.

series playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/mylittl...

This book. was so good. the reason I haven't written this review before now is because I didn't know how to word it. I'm not entirely sure that I know how to now.

What is it about this book that catapulted it up on my favorites list?
Maybe it's the characters. Maybe it's Celeste, who is trying to protect a family that has chosen her when she
Coco.V
Jan 22, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/22/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Once you’re in, you’re in for life.

Celeste’s new handler Torrance Kyle has plans that don’t involve doing his job or playing b
Victoria Lynn
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book. . .

If you were like me and left wondering what on earth was going on in book 1, you will be very pleased to know that this book is better, bigger and more exciting in every way!

My favorite part about this book by far was the action! There was so much! And as a fan of action/adventure, this book really fit the bill and had me on the edge of my seat numerous times. This book really brought back a love of reading for me. I was so intrigued and the book never lost my interest.

Characters
Gray Cox
This was brilliant.
When I read the first book to this series, I liked it but wasn't hooked.

This book hooked me.

The first book of this series pales as just an introduction to the characters and to the world when put beside this book. Dissemble is an action-packed, suspenseful adventure, and I enjoyed every minute of the ride.

I'm looking forward to the next book!
Tricia Mingerink
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this action-packed second book in the Allegiance series, Sarah Addison-Fox packs a wallop of heart-tugging characters and heart-pounding action. Both the characters and the author find their stride and footing in this book. If the worldbuilding was good in the first book, but perhaps lacked a tiny bit of clarity, it was crystal clear and stark in this book. If the plot took a bit to ramp up its tension in the first book, this book marched along with a tightly woven plot. In the last book, the ...more
Chloe (aka Crystal)
May 25, 2018 marked it as abandoned
I couldn't finish this because of an uncomfortable drinking scene. Maybe I'll try to come back to this one day. :) ...more
Deborah O'Carroll
(Originally reviewed on my book blog: https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/...)

Ten Thoughts on Dissemble

1. Well, well! That was intense! O_O I enjoyed book one (Disowned), but this sequel takes things to a totally new level. While the first one was a bit more of a quiet adventure (though still with its spots of action/peril) and I really liked that, book two has a whole other feel to it, with stakes raised, and gets more serious with lots of stuff going on. Meep! I was flipping pages there, let
Savannah Jezowski
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was very excited to read the second book in the Allegiance Series by budding novelist, Sarah Addison-Fox. Book One surprised me with its unique nature, how the author combined a YA themed novel with family values, and book two followed in the same venue but with some new twists of its own.

What I liked: Book Two is just as fast paced and endearing as book one, but it is a harsher tale. The heroine, a former slave, finds herself in new and more dangerous circumstances as she finds herself moving
Hailey Rose
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eeeekkkk so good!!!! I love the returning characters and the new ones we got to meet, the spying element of this story was amazing, and I personally love that we get to see through so many different POV's. It's something that can drive me crazy, but the author does a fantastic job making the transitions smooth and not leaving me wondering whose head I'm in.

Like I said in my review of the first book in this series, these are books for young adults and contain more mature content, so if that type
Eva-Joy
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
The twist about Torrance and Smyth near the end took this from 3.5 stars to four stars. I loooove Torrance and Amaya.
Laura Grace
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story surprised me in numerous ways! You see a lot more of everyone's real colors and there is even more of a higher edge of danger then before.

I knew going in that this story had more "grit" then the first book, which I was fine with, but I didn't expect for things to be so intense! :o :o :o I don't mean that in a bad way, but things really take off from where things ended in book one. Celeste gets no break and admired her for fighting to stay brave and protect the family she loves.

Now I
Karyssa
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-authors
Wow! This book was amazing! After finishing the first book, I was really curious about what was going to happen to all the characters. I was NOT disappointed. :D The pace of the story picks up in this book and there is more action. The suspense kept me reading but oh, the plot twists! Totally didn't see those coming, and I'm still not over it (and I probably won't be for awhile). This book greatly exceeded my expectations. :) ...more
Annie Twitchell
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
AHHHHHHHH

I need to hug all these characters.

I got to see a lot more world-building played out here and finally, a fantasy world that has people excited to go to the beach!! Celeste and Mick are precious and I love them both, Rita needs alllllll the hugs, and I really really *really* love Maggie.

I'm looking forward to finishing the series and at the same time, I'm not!
Elizabeth Dragina
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memorable
Claire Banschbach
Really really enjoyed this book! I read most of it in one sitting, although granted most of that was going "What the heck is Mick going to do now? Bless his great big stupid heart." XD But in all honesty, he's adorable.

Celeste continues to struggle and grow. After the whirlwind aftermath of book 1's ending, we see her becoming an agent and sent off on her first, rather dubious, mission. But she starts to get stronger, mentally and physically and I loved seeing that change start.

AND LET'S TALK
Allyson
While Disowned quietly introduces readers to the countries of Kyraena and Etraea, the war, and the lovely characters, Dissemble takes all the previous information and floors the gas into an unforgettable tale of adventure! Celeste has done what she believes is best for the Haynes family, only to find herself in increasing danger. Little does she know that her knight in shining armor is on the way… and it. Gets. GOOD.

We get to see Celeste break from her guarded shell in this installment and watc
Allison
/ 3 stars

i liked this book more towards the end. the beginning, for some reason, really threw me off. maybe bc i was expecting Dissemble to be similar to other Christian fantasies, but the scenes with Torrance & Celeste (view spoiler)
Betty Johnson
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book,talented story line

It took me a little while to get into the story.once I did, however it was exciting. I've specially like the strong female characters even if they had been slaves. I am anxious to find out what happens to Mitch and Celeste in the second book.
Allegiance Series: Dissemble *SPOILERS* 10 11 Feb 24, 2018 05:01PM

• Shattered Focus (Focus, #3)
  • Shifting Focus (Focus, #2)
  • The Princess Spy (Hagenheim, #5)
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Piper's Pursuit (Hagenheim, #10)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • The Warrior Maiden (Hagenheim, #9)
  • The Volunteer (Lens Book 2)
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • The Golden Braid (Hagenheim, #6)
  • Before I Called You Mine
  • The Captive Maiden (Hagenheim, #4)
  • By Darkness Hid (Blood of Kings, #1)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • Forest Born (The Books of Bayern, #4)
  • River Secrets (The Books of Bayern, #3)
Sarah Addison-Fox is a misfit from New Zealand who writes YA dystopian with a smattering of punch-ups and mega amounts of romance.

Mum to two awesome neurodivergent kids, Sarah is also an 'MS warrior' and has a husband who, after 30 years, can still make her toes curl.

For new release updates, sign up to Sarah's newsletter via www.sarahaddisonfox.com

Allegiance (4 books)
  • Disowned  (Allegiance #1)
  • Dissociate (Allegiance Series, #3)
  • Discerned (Allegiance #4)

News & Interviews

“They would hate her for what she would do; they’d never understand, but they would be safe.
That was all she could hope for.”
3 likes