Start by marking “The Frequency of Aliens (Sorrow Falls, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Frequency of Aliens (Sorrow Falls, #2)

The Frequency of Aliens

(Sorrow Falls #2)

Annie Collins is back!

Not helping matters: she’s the only k
Published December 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Frequency of Aliens, please sign up.
Gene Doucette To be honest, I don't know yet. It's established to allow for another book, and I hope to, but I need to wait on the idea.

Maureen
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining......can't say it was quite as good as the first one, but good fun all the same.
Arbys Mom
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A fantastic journey with breathtaking ups and downs, this book is a joy and I’m both happy and sad I’ve finished reading it. Happy because it was all I expected and more, and sad because I didn’t want it to end! After you read THE SPACESHIP NEXT DOOR by this author, then read this one. All I can say is, more please!
Koeur
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

Publisher: Doucette

Publishing Date: December 2017

ISBN:9781981274871

Genre: SciFi

Rating: 4.2/5

Publishers Description: Annie Collins is back! Becoming an overnight celebrity at age sixteen should have been a lot more fun. Yes, there were times when it was extremely cool, but when the newness of it all wore off, Annie Collins was left with a permanent security detail and the kind of constant scrutiny that makes the college experience especially awkward. Not he
Mikhail
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not bad, not bad. Doucette still knows how to construct an intriguing alien mystery, and he does an impressively good job of keeping it mysterious despite all the revelations of the previous book.

Unfortunately, it lacks a certain.... call it synchronicity... that the last book had. Keeping the action confined to Sorrow Falls in the previous book lent a tightness to the plot, and it was a genuine question of who would be a survivor and who wouldn't. That's lacking now, and it slows down the story
S.J. Higbee
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this one difficult to put down once I got used to the narrative. The story is pacey and due to the humour, feels quite different from, say, Fade Out, which I have also recently read and reviewed. This could so easily have been a grim tale of humanity facing a possible apocalyptic threat and while events are stacking up and there is a definite sense of unease, at no stage did the tone alter. I found it quite refreshing.

However, the catch with using any form of omniscient viewpoint – where
Richard Young
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Excellent book, one of the best I've read in months. I think it's a good as its predecessor, The Spaceship Next Door. Annie is older and off to college and the world is going crazy and is blaming Annie.

A great exploration of what happens to the most powerful human on Earth when she goes to college. Funny, touching and thoughtful, it explores the responsibility such power can bring.

Also a good exploration of the frailties of government.
sheila nielander
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The frequency of Aliens😮😄(Sarrow Falls)

I have read both books 📚. And highly recommend them. A very interesting story line and fun read. I wish there was a third book to let us know what happens to Annie.
Patricia Mullis
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! More please?
Kelly
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Just as great as the first one.
Michael Carter
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not Frequent enough

Gene Doucette returns us, well not quite to Sorrow Falls (initially), but to the lives of Annie, Ed, Violet and the Spaceship Next Door.

So what happens to the teenage girl who saved the world three years after the most significant incident in history? Well college of course. Trying to balance tests, boys, friends and parties at college is hard enough for anyone, let alone when you have secret service agents following you everywhere, with the question being are they there to pr
Steven
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Gene Doucette's The Frequency of Aliens falls prey to the second-novel-in-a-series syndrome. It is awfully hard to keep them going, particularly if the first was good. I really didn't enjoy it very much. Most of the ideas were pulled directly from the first novel.

Most of the characters were from the previous novel. Tellingly, the most enjoyable characters were still the main character and one new character. Far too much of the story revolved around the secondary characters of the first novel. T
Andy Coleman
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A SIMPLE MAN'S REVIEW:

Shippie and Annie are back! But who would have thought Annie would be the dullest part about this tale? At least in the beginning...

The story starts slow because we have to see what life is like for Annie, now that she has a personal spaceship following her around. Unfortunately it isn't captivating, and more than a bit irritating. We do have the mysterious disappearances and odd sightings too, but that plot line is also a slow burn.

But once the cavalry arrives, the story
Bob Keeney
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The saga of Sorrow Falls continues with Annie going to college. Her not so normal life involves a spaceship following her movements from orbit and security (guards?) detail. Annie is the girl who has a spaceship and now everyone thinks she's 'selfish' for hoard the spaceship.

I read this right after the first book. I felt the fun, easy-going, sometimes snarky narrative, was missing from most of this book. It's not a bad book, I rather enjoyed it, but it seemed to be missing until Annie goes back
Becky D.
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paul Rizzuto
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A spaceship lands in a field in a small Massachusetts town and just sits there for 3 years. Strange things then happen involving zombies and mass hallucinations. Eventually a local teenage girl convinces the ship's owner to give it to her and she becomes famous and also feared as she now can destroy the planet with a mere thought communicated to the spaceship. She tries to stay as normal as possible, but the government, trying to protect her, won't allow that. I found this to be a fun and entert ...more
Thomas
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a good sequel. I sort of liked it better than the first one, though I don't usually care for threats this insidious where everyone stops reasoning. I keep screaming at them, knowing full well that it wouldn't do any good if they heard me, kind of like the real world. I'm not sure where they go from here, though. There's lots of scope for Annie and all her friends to have further adventures, but it would require something different, perhaps a little less mind controlly.
JPT
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deborah Shanks
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Annie's back!

Now a college freshman with a security detail. She still has her own alien spaceship. Friends, enemies, zombies, werewolves, vampires, ghosts and of course aliens. College life, finals, and assassination attempt's. Major complaint.... This book is too short. I want more! If you haven't read the first book in this series. Get it now. A must read series.
Steven Bragg
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun, folksy view of what happens when a teenager controls a high-powered alien spaceship and just wants to be a normal kid in college. Not going to happen. Would like to see an extension of this storyline, if the author can come up with anything reasonably entertaining.
Alex Jackl
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun and interesting

Really interesting idea for an alien invasion and some very cool ideas. Good characters and a decent story. A little too much coincidence and all t h e "good people" make it out a little too unscathed. Worth the read for sure.
Tan
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hey, I really liked this one! The setup is already done, thanks to the first book. The author gets right into an interesting puzzle. It’s still unbelievable, but I already bought into it so whatever.
Jordan Steinhoff
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The tale of Annie Collins and her spaceship continues.

This time, shenanigans happen while she's trying to adjust to college life and things go poorly.

A new antagonist and the return of most of the mains from the first book as well as the same style and pacing ensure another great read.
Hakan Jackson
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gene Doucette did an amazing job building on his first book. The author does an amazing job building the universe established in the first book in a way that has me curious to know more. I can't wait to read the next book.
Tonya OK
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
500000 stars!! Incredibly suspenseful, creative and funny. To be fair, this applies to most if not all Doucette’s work, not just this book. Absolutely a must-read for sci-fi, fantasy, or just general good literature lovers.
Kirk Johnson
The first book was just OK, so it was a mostly stale momentum that compelled me to read this one. It's moderately well written, and has some interesting ideas. God help me, if there were a third book, I might have read it after a few months of resistance.
Cary
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Still a great writer and a good plot but I had two issues with this one. 1) set up took forever and was really disjointed. 2) ending wasn’t satisfying for me... not sure how I would have written it but...
Jeph
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
Narration was great, story got a bit limp... :-\
Cheryl
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good to see Annie Collins again. I wonder if she’ll be back.
Peg Seay
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these two books. Just plain fun.
Bryan Alkire
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really amusing if the reader grew up in a small town

• Masterminds (Retrieval Artist, #15)
  • Nemesis (Roboteer Trilogy, #2)
  • A Dark Imbalance (Evergence, #3)
  • Genesis (Projekt Saucer #3)
  • The Best of Robert Silverberg
  • Spear of Light (The Glittering Edge, #2)
  • Eyes of Amber and Other Stories
  • Rogue Ship
  • Guenhwyvar (A Tale from The Legend of Drizzt, #4)
  • Small Bones (Secrets)
  • Luigi's Freedom Ride
  • Subspace Explorers (Subspace, #1)
  • To Obey (I, Robot: Reichert #2)
Gene Doucette is a science fiction and fantasy author. His science fiction novels include THE SPACESHIP NEXT DOOR and its sequel, THE FREQUENCY OF ALIENS; the techno-thriller FIXER; and the genre mashup UNFICTION. His fantasy books include the IMMORTAL novels (of which there are currently four) and the series of novellas THE IMMORTAL CHRONICLES, as well as the standalone novella EVE. He is current ...more

Sorrow Falls (2 books)
  • The Spaceship Next Door (Sorrow Falls, #1)