Start by marking “Tales from Cushman Row (Venery, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Tales from Cushman Row (Venery, #2.5)

Tales from Cushman Row

(Venery #2.5)

"Come here, you moron."

For people who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they will like.
Published December 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Tales from Cushman Row, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales from Cushman Row

Start your review of Tales from Cushman Row (Venery, #2.5)
Judith
4.5

I saw him across an empty gallery. I thought he was hot. I hoped we’d hook up and get naked. Have a good time and be on our way. Now he’s my boyfriend.

To be honest I really just want to c/p the Authors introduction here,because she's said it just perfectly..but I'll just go with some of her words,

These are scenes and scribbles either cut from the final draft of A Charm of Finches,or written with no intent of ever being in the final draft

She writes,

Could I write honest and believa
Shile
NSFW, NSF-Kids and NSF-Neighbours

description

This is A collection of deleted scenes from A Charm of Finches.

It is

Hot!

Funny!

Sexy!

HAAAAWWT!

Panty wetting!

description

Jav yelped a laugh and bucked back, dragging Stef’s wrists under the waistband.
“Ow,” Stef cried. “Dude. Easy. Let go.”
“Sorry,” Jav said, still laughing as he came back down again. “That was just…”
“Too weird.”
“No, it…tickled.”
“Uh-huh.” Stef crossed his smarting wrists over Jav’s shoulders and bit on his ear. “Quite the knee-jerk reaction there, my friend.”
Jan

Review updated 11/12/17

Dear Suanne,

I am in love with your process of creation.
I am fascinated and awed by the immense extent of your world.
I am amazed by the dimensional characters you have created. Dimensional in its foundation, as in real people in a real relationship.
Bless "your weird head and The Thing."
In The exaltation of Larks you crushed my heart. With A Charm of Finches you put it back together. Tales from Cushman Row, although not a conventional story, surrounded me in a whirlwind
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Hulya by: Jan
Happy release day, Suanne! I love you so, so much. :)

Jav & Stef, I love you guys too. <3

Ps. Teaser was taken from author's FB page. <3

---------------------------------

Suanne, thank you so much for this fuckfest. I'm quite satisfied. 😄😄😄

Full review to come later because first I need to take a long shower. Damn, this was so hot. :D

Stef leaned and looked up at his lover. A hundred sparkling colors in his eyes. Smile glistening with lust. “I’m getting the
Nazanin
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
3.5 "I’ve-Met-Someone" Stars

I liked the two previous books in this series more than this one! But it was just me not the book! Every chapter in this book was like a short story that happened between the first book and the second one or after the second one or during the first one but the thing is they weren’t in order! And that was what bothered me! I know they were unpublished chapters but still… And I should say the writing was really good and as Jav and Stef had a good time with each other I
Paige
Sigh. I love these men.

Tales from Cushman Row is a collection of odds and ends that weren’t used in the original books. Many were steamy some were sweet and some were just fun to read. With no real order, this is the perfect book to pick up when you’re missing two of your favorite men and need just a little bit more of them.

ARC provided for honest review.
warhawke
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Genre: MM Contemporary Romance
Type: Companion novel of Venery series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Tales from Cushman Row is a collection of unpublished scenes and characters development/evolution of Javier Landes and Steffen Finch - characters from A Charm of Finches. The collection also includes author's note on how the characters and story evolved from her original ideas.

Jav yanked himself free from Stef’s grip, planted palms and his knees in the mattress and rocked back onto Stef, fucking
Suanne Laqueur
Nov 11, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
“Check it out.” Stef’s expression was full of the devil as he elbowed Jav’s side.

Jav looked over, annoyed that the liquor store was out of Appleton Estate and he had to pick another kind of rum. He took off his glasses and squinted at the shelf where Stef was pointing to a bag’s label.

rimming sugar

“Man, I would’ve loved being in that advertising meeting,” Stef said, grinning.

“Jesus,” Jav said. “Were they even trying to be subliminal?”

“Hidden in plain sight.”

As Jav went back to inspecting rum labels, a small
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 “Thank You” Stars”

This was an interesting read for me. Seeing how an author gets from A to Z was quite fascinating. Seeing how an idea starts and with writing that idea, the idea can morph into another avenue.

The author graciously lets the reader into her train of thought in writing A Charm of Finches. Scenes that didn’t make the final edit were kept safe by the author. Each scene, not in a chronological order, give the readers of A Charm of Finches, a better insight to the characters.

I reall
CC

Tales from Cushman Row is a compendium of deleted scenes and the author’s notes focusing on the character development of Javier Landes and the relationship he shares with Steffan Finch. Organized by chapter themes, each scene offers further dimension into these characters by exposing vulnerabilities, revealing humor and ultimately a sense of harmony. With the inclusion of chapters dedicated to the progression of Jav and Stef’s sexual encounters, it certainly satisfied the need to have something
Malene
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tales From Cushman Row is like coming home. These characters have been with me in my mind and heart since I finished A Charm Of Finches in October.
Tales From Cushman Row are scenes that didn’t made it into A Charm Of Finches or was written with no intent of ever being in the book. Let me tell you all that I’m so grateful that Laqueur decided to publish this cause I can’t get enough of Jav and Stef or Ari, Roger and Geno for that matter. My heart and soul was literally singing while reading TFCR
Emma Scott
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
T’is true, there is a lot of gratuitous boning, but it’s actually as emotionally charged as it is hot. The depth and authenticity of what it means to be a human being is captured in all of her books, and if a reader wants a taste of what she is capable of, this is a good place to start. However reading the book from whence it came—A Charm of Finches— is an experience you don’t want to pass up either.
Robin Hill
I have been soooooo busy wrapping things up with my book I haven't had the chance to come on here and yell at Suanne about this one. OMG that last chapter. Are you trying to kill me? I finished this at 5am Friday morning and sobbed for thirty minutes before going back to sleep. And I don't even know why. The end is happy. Beautiful, actually. Ugh. I think it's because I'm going to miss the hell out of these guys. This isn't a novel, it's a collections of scenes. But it didn't feel that way to me ...more
Ariana
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ariana by: Jan
Shelves: hot-hot-hot, lgbtq
*4,5 stars*

If you love Jav, you'll love this.
If you love Jav and Stef, you'll love this even more.
If you have read books 1 and 2 in the Venery series, this is a must, you'll not regret it.

The introduction was downright funny and got me really curious and boy oh boy...
All these little scenes between Jav and Stef, baring the depth of their connection with every move and word. And the sex, not just crazy hot, but utterly beautiful and full of meaning.
I may have melted into my seat with every little
♥Sharon♥
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! I loved it!

In the synopsis you find this, “For fans of the Venery series, author Suanne Laqueur offers a compendium of love scenes—unpublished chapters, character sketches and assorted reflections about Javier Landes and Steffen Finch. A treat to skim through, skip around and linger over at leisure. Like caviar.” I tried to make it a leisurely read but geez, putting this book down was close to impossible!!

This little gem was…..

BEAUTIFUL

FUN

INTIMATE

AND AT TIMES EMOTION
Dee Montoya
5++++ Jav & Stef Stars*****

If you are a fan of A Charm Of Finches this book will be like an early Christmas present to you. Is wonderful and sexy, sort of montage of Javier and Stef’s romance.

515_D6_F54_595_D_4873_BEF6_7448_A81_C5_B82

As a die hard fan of Suanne Laqueur whenever I read one of her books, I’m always wondering what’s it like inside her brain. Only because I admire her brilliant creativity, and her ability to create such beautiful and compassionate stories. This me makes curious as to what is it like, inside her brain.
Moony Eliver
When you’re reading something hot, and I mean really hot… do you ever wonder how the author manages to get ANYTHING done in her day, when she’s capable of conjuring these things between her ears? Yeah.

But fortunately Suanne Laqueur does, because her books are among my favorites of this (or any) year. This assembly of delectable treats was like finding a $20 bill in my jeans. I might never find another pair of perfect jeans exactly like Jav, but Tales from Cushman Row is the gift that keeps on gi
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Dec 14, 2017 added it
Recommended to Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* by: Jan

I MET SOMEONE

This was such a great ride!

I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I have read about really special characters since I started this series and sad because it's over now.

This book felt special for a million reasons, some of them I mentioned on my previous reviews. This last installment also hits close to home because (view spoiler)
Josiane
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Suanne for sharing these little morsels of your development process.
It was pure joy and I savored slowly, one tale at a time.
Christelle
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
For readers of the Venery series only as it’s a collection of deleted scenes from A Charm of Finches (won't make any sense if not read before), with a few notes from the author.
These scenes are about the relationship between Jav & Stef, especially their sexual journey, and honestly, I would have loved some of these scenes not being cut.

Thanks for the author being honest about the fact that is a collection and not a book. The format was not to my liking, but I overlooked that because I was warne
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, good-dirty-fun
In order to establish Stef and Jav’s relationship dynamics, Laqueur wrote many (gratuitous boning and random humorous) scenes that didn’t make it into their book, A Charm of Finches (which was a 5* read- my review). This collection reads like a diary or bonus feature reel that allows you to revisit and spend additional time with characters that you love. And if you’ve ever read and loved characters before (of course you have), then you know that you’ll greedily take any glimpses into their “dail ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

“I’m getting the feeling you like me.”
Jav’s hand slid along Stef’s jaw, then he kissed him. “I love you like hell, Finch.”

Last year, after finishing An Exaltation of Larks, we were pondering one or two scenes, unable to get them out of our head. We found ourselves wanting to reach inside Suanne Laqueur’s head and heart in an effort to uncover how she arrived at certain junctures in her story, how it became what it was. This doesn’t happen very often, but in this case, the want became a
Elsbeth
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was great. Loved to read those sexy scenes with Jav & Stef. They deserved their HEA.
I didn't care much about reading Jav, Ari and Geno's other storyline. I am quite pleased how this series turned out. It was interesting though seeing the author doing her "THING".

"Stef."

"Mm."

"Nothing."

"Whasrong?"

"Sometimes I need to check."

"I know."

"I'm an idiot. Go back to sleep."

"You're scared and playing the idiot card. I'm right here. And you can wake me up to check anytime you want."
Emmy
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 5, nare, top-reads, mm
description

Death by highlighting. That's a real thing when it comes to Suanne Laqueur's books. I start reading and then I start saving words, sentences, sections, entire chapters...only to finish and realize I've highlighted almost the entire book. It's lovely and all but it also makes it extremely difficult to pick a favorite quote. In the end, this one stood out a little bit more than all the others:

All my life, he thought, the sky slipping through his fingers. Where have I been all my life?
“Finch,” h
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
This... this is why I love Suanne so much!

That woman could write the phone booth and I would find it life altering. That’s how much I love the gal’s writing!

It’s about MY Jav. Yes he is MINE ladies! I called dibs since An Exaltation of Larks * insert menacing growl here*. Read what I wrote about this man: “Jav really broke my heart. I just wanted to embrace him and soothe his soul. He had so much hope just to be squashed in the bud. How many slaps and hard knocks can a man endure before losing h
Katerina
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Oh look, what has found its way to me.

11/29/2017

I admit it. Despite all warnings, I devoured it in one piece. I was insatiable.
And it was so good.

I can already say that readers of the Larks and Finches will be extremely happy about this great Christmas present.

It is something so rare and precious that only a few will ever see it. This is the gift that only beta-readers are allowed to enjoy. There are few authors who present their faithful readers with deleted scenes
Laxmama
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Hot HEA Loved this one - after book 2 this was perfect, some fun, sexy special moments
Lisazj1
I loved the small looks at everyone and the things that might have been, and enjoyed seeing how things evolved from one idea to another. But let's be honest. The main reason I read this was for more Stef and Jav hotness, and holy wow, did I get that. *shivers* There will never be enough of that, ever.
Hollis
If there was ever a quote to sum up the TALES FROM CUSHMAN ROW experience, I think it would be this one :

"Oh, God, I killed the mood."
"Shut up."
"You're gonna be shrinky, aren't you?"
"I'm going to talk about your asshole for ten seconds, okay?"

Funny, hot, real. That's what Laqueur's writing is. And that's what you'll get in this compilation of outtakes, extras, sexy times compounded (this word made me snort for dirty reasons. sound it out. yes, I am a child) by sexy times, and alternate-universe
Bookphenomena (Micky)

I would never typically pick up a book of extras following on from a series or book I enjoyed, but rarely have I connected with books like I have with AN EXALTATION OF LARKS and A CHARM OF FINCHES. So, I had to delve into TALES FROM CUSHMAN ROW.

What’s inside is a flow of connected elements that builds to a crescendo and ending; I really didn’t expect that. In fact, Suanne says at the beginning, they’re disconnected bits but I think she does herself a disservice because the flow was full
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Silver Cage (The Silver Cage, #1)
  • Everyday History
  • Spring Strings
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Just Like That (Albin Academy, #1)
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Someday, Someday
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • The Silver Cord (The Silver Cage, #2)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Galaxies and Oceans
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Rago
  • A Love Song for the Sad Man in the White Coat
A former professional dancer and teacher, Suanne Laqueur went from choreographing music to choreographing words. Her work has been described as "Therapy Fiction," "Emotionally Intelligent Romance" and "Contemporary Train Wreck."

Laqueur's novel An Exaltation of Larks was the Grand Prize winner in the 2017 Writer's Digest Awards, and won first place in the 2019 North Street Book Prize. Her debut nov

Venery (3 books)
  • An Exaltation of Larks (Venery, #1)
  • A Charm of Finches (Venery, #2)
  • A Scarcity of Condors (Venery, #3)