Start by marking “Second Chances” as Want to Read:
Second Chances

Second Chances

(Windsor Falls #3)

Dr. Charlotte Avery is the newest resident of Windsor Falls, North Carolina. Just back from the war-ravaged plains of Africa, Charlie only wants to settle into her new life and to reconnect with Elizabeth Fitzgerald, her best friend from residency. What she doesn’t expect, or need, is the instant attraction she feels for Elizabeth’s brother-in-law, Brendan. A single dad, B ...more
ebook
Published November 30th 2017 by Kimberley O'Malley

To ask other readers questions about Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chances

Start your review of Second Chances
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
Second chances should all be so sweet…

I love this series and the characters that inhabit it! There was something about the blurb of the second book that caught my attention and there was no looking back. While the covers are understated – and, honestly, didn’t grab me at all - I’m glad that didn’t stop me from giving these books a chance…

This time out Elizabeth’s friend Charlotte is making a new life in Windsor Falls and her arrival starts off with near tragedy. Luck is with them all as Brendan
Diane
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
Jenn Cunha
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

Well I did not expect to spend my commute in to work this morning weeping, but that's exactly what this book did. Brendan is the single father of the cutest set of twins ever. Charlie is a doctor recovering from a pretty traumatic experience and moving to the small town of Windsor Falls to live a slower life. The two are thrown together and the sparks start flying immediately.

I loved watching Charlie with the girls. It was a little fast consid
Bookish
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is nothing better than a good romance about a single dad and this book certainly delivers in spades. Brenden is the ultimate book boyfriend, honest, hot and committed to his twin girls. Unable to trust women after what his ex did, Brenden puts his girls first and doesn't date. Charlie new in town happens to be in the park one day when one of Brenden's girls darts out in front of a car, Charlie is there and rescues her forcing her into Brenden's life. With an attraction that is undeniable, ...more
Halie Moore
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I typically enjoy books more if the characters are around the same age as me. Brenden and Charlie were much older than the characters I typically read about, but I loved them just as much. Brenden and his girls wormed their way into my heart from the get-go and Charlie....she's special. She has a past to overcome and demons to fight her way through, but she still has such a loving heart. Brenden has insecurities that trouble him. The writing for the book was phenomenal. I cried, I laughed and I ...more
Angela
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
The book was ok. Had some really great emotional parts to it. But the overall feel was stilted. It just didn’t flow well for me. I wanted more connection, more chemistry.
Wendy Ballard
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just the absolute best story. Everything I like to read about and more. Such a great story I will read again and again. A keeper!!

'This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review'
Yvonne Roller
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want more!!!

I cannot say enough about this series. I love the town, the characters, everything! I want to be like Mrs. Fitzgerald. I adored this story. It brought out so much emotion. Any story that can give you the feels like this one makes it to the top of my list. I will be anxiously waiting for more books in this series.
Heather Lovelace
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I simply adored this book. This series is well written and each book can stand on its own very readily. However you can better appreciate the depth of the community and plot development if the series is read in order. Emotional and raw, this book drew me in immediately. I could not put it down.
Aletha
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed heading back to Windsor Falls! It was great to spend some more time in the small tight knit community with the courageous characters from the past two books. I missed seeing more of Katie and Flynn, they were my favorites so far.

This book discussed PTSD and infertility/inability to raise children, abortion, and what it means to be a legal parent. I appreciated the depth and complexity behind the issues!

Some of the dialogue and relationship aspects as well as explanations (throug
Amy Haskins
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is real life on paper. The characters are well rounded and thought out. The love and humor really makes this shine! Take a chance..You won't be sorry!
Rebecca Austin
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Dr. Charlotte "Charlie" Avery has just moved to Windsor Falls to be closer to her best friend, Dr. Elizabeth Bishop. She is dealing with PTSD from her time in Africa and is just trying to survive the best she can. When Charlie unexpectedly saves a young girl from getting hit by a car she becomes the new town hero.

Brendan Fitzgerald is a single father to twins Kerry and Abby. He has raised the girls from birth by himself and when Abby is almost hit by a car he meets Charlie.

As Brendan and Charli
Jacqui Norris
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's a new doctor in the town of Windsor Falls, NC. Charlotte (Charlie) Avery has just returned from Africa hopefully leaving the memories behind. Her friend, Elizabeth Fitzgerald, has moved here and she is eager to reconnect with her roommate from residency. Charlie has quickly become the talk of the town when she saves a little girl from being hit by a car. When Charlie meets the dad of the little girl, for her there was an instant attraction. But her life it too complicated and tarnished f ...more
Kristi
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in this series and we get a great glimpse of the characters in the first two books, along with the main characters ..Brendon and Charlotte. charlotte has a lot going on...high maintenance society parents and PTSD from a horrible experience while she was volunteering overseas to help the less fortunate. She is strong, and seeks help for her PTSD, but she also lives with constant damage from that experience. Brendan concentrates on raising his girls and giving them the best ...more
Jennifer Dicenzo
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book and my third trip into Windsor Falls. It is still the very charming city with all your favorites, including the new doctor to town. Well she does have some connections here which is what brought her. What she didn’t count on is those connections yet to be made, especially of the male variety.
I still loved this book, I just didn’t have that connection that I had in the first couple. But definitely wouldn’t stop me from reading it.
I voluntarily reviewed a reader copy of th
Heather
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second Chances follows Charlie and Brendan Fitzgerald. Charlie is Elizabeth’s best friend from training and working in LA. New to Windsor Falls and getting a job as the new ER doctor Charlie is not looking for a relationship, she is looking to rebuild her life after suffering traumatic injuries, both physical and emotional in Africa. Brendan, single father of 6 year old twin girls, has sworn off all relationships. So why can’t the 2 stay away from each other? The story follows the 2 of them unti ...more
Gianna Santanello
This is the third book in the series and it was another great book that I didn't want to put down. Charlotte decides to move to Windsor Falls and apply for a job at the hospital. She suffers from PTSD from being in Africa and keeps a secret from everyone. Brendan is a HOT, single dad who's ex didn't want anything to do with her kids. I loved the attraction between him and Charlotte and the way she loved his little girls. I definitely recommend this book.
Gianna Santanello
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Samantha Waldow
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 3 in the Windsor Falls Series. In book 2 we heard abbout a Charlie but never meet her. She was away in Africa when her best friend Elizabeth was getting married. She is now back and atarts off with her making it to Windsor Falls for an interview. She is on a run and saves a little girl from getting hit by a car. Thats how ahe meeta Brendan. He is Abbys dad.  He is a single father of twin girls. These 2 have sparks.  I loved reading about Charlie and Brendan.
Andrzejewski Amy
I loved reading Second Chances of the Windsor Falls series. I've read the first two books in the series I loved the story behind the main characters. Past events has made life difficult for both Brendan and Charlie. Before they both realize it they've fallen heels in love for each other. This book is an easy read and will keep you wanting more. I'm looking forward to heading the 4th book of this series.
Ellie D
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Second chances is part of Windsor Falls Series, the third in the series. The main characters Charlie and Brendan haven't had it easy. There is an instant attraction but both try to pull away because of their past. As a reader I really enjoyed the build up to see how they finally put down their barriers and take a chance on love. The book is great at giving you insight to their backgrounds.

I enjoyed this read and read it with ease. I cannot wait for future stories from this series.
Deirdre Stokes
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great, so much depth to it with all the issues it covered in this book. I loved Brenden the single dad with twin girls and trying to wait to date until they are older. But, finds himself attracted to Charlotte a doctor who comes to town after coming back from Africa. She has her own problems to deal with like PTSD and trying to be with someone who is fighting you at every move even though you are not sure you are ready for this next step.
Pam James
Love the world building that KM brings in this book. The Fitzgerald family is big and boisterous. Brendan is the quiet one in the family. Brendan has emotional scars from his ex-wife. Charlie the new ER Dr. has her own scars. She saves the life of one of Brendan's girls. This book is full of humor and angst and it is a great story. It is the 3rd book in the series. I do recommend you read the other 2 first... Pam James
Deb
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet easy to read novel although a bit predictable.

This book follows the same path as the previous 2 books. Characters have varying degrees of traumatic pasts, they don't want romantic relationships, the sparks start to fly, something happens to drive them apart, they get back together and it's happily ever after.
Nicole Studioso
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
My third book by Kimberley O'Malley and in this series, and they just keep getting better, deeper, and more interesting! Aired the characters of Brenden Fitzgerald and Charlotte "Charlie" Avery. They are both well developed, fully realistic, mature, and truly relatable. Great storyline and dialogue with a truly relevant and heart breaking subject matter. Kimberley pulls no punches!
Kimberly
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is nothing better than love sneaking up on you when you least expect it or want it. Charlie had it all, had already been through a rough patch in her life and never expected that her good friend’s brother would catch her interest. Suffice it to say, it complicates things and decisions have to be made. Do you give in or continue to fight it?
Loralie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet story. I love how Charlie met the twins before she met Brendan and was their reluctant hero. I like how Brendan was able to read Charlie's struggles and how he wanted to help her. I love their push and pull of their 'not wanting a relationship' relationship. I love the closeness of the Fitzgerald family. I am loving this series.
T.S. Petersen
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kimberley is really able to bring her characters to life on the page. I have now read quite a few of her books, and she had made me laugh and cry in nearly all of them. Second Chances is a beautiful and engaging story that really captured me and had me hoping for a happy ending. It would make a great holiday read.
LS Kralicek
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

3rd book and this series just keeps getting better. You fall in love with Charlie and Brendan throughout this book. The twins makes you root for this couple since they can charm the pants off anyone.

Don't miss this read and can't wait to read book 4
Joleen Grace
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Third book in the series and Just as good as the others! I loved Brendan already and was happy with the way Charlie was a perfect match for him and the twins! Just enough drama to keep it interesting. Looking forward to the next one!

• Break (Lakefield Book 3)
  • River's Return (River's End Series, #3)
  • Breezy (Signature Sweethearts #2)
  • Chase (Lakefield Book 4)
  • Hide (Lakefield, #2)
  • Keeping Happy Ever After (A Silvervale Second Chance Romance, #2)
  • River Road (River's End, #4)
  • The Restaurant
  • Engagement Rate (Callaghan Green, #1)
  • Keeping 6 (Rock Point, #1)
  • The Very Worst (The Sublime, #2)
  • HOLDER OF THE HORSES: A FAMILY'S LEGENDARY JOURNEY THROUGH LIFE
  • Someday Soon (Not Yet, #3)
  • Not Yet (Not Yet, #1)
  • Until Now (Not Yet, #2)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • River on Fire (River's End, #5)
  • Access (Alex Drake, #1)

Windsor Falls (6 books)
  • Coming Home (Windsor Falls, #1)
  • Taking Chances (Windsor Falls, #2)
  • Saving Quinn (Windsor Falls, #4)
  • Finding Kat (Windsor Falls #5)
  • Coming Back (Windsor Falls #6)

News & Interviews