Start by marking “A Midwinter's Wedding: A Retelling of The Frog Prince (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Midwinter's Wedding: A Retelling of The Frog Prince (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)

A Midwinter's Wedding: A Retelling of The Frog Prince

(The Four Kingdoms #3.5)

A retelling of The Frog Prince fairy tale.

Princess Cordelia is used to being overshadowed by her many brothers and sisters. So when she's offered the chance to attend her brother's wedding in a faraway kingdom, she leaps at it. In Northhelm, she'll finally have the chance to stand out. And maybe, just maybe, she'll even find romance.

But not everything in the Northhelmian
Published November 11th 2017 by Luminant Publications (first published April 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about A Midwinter's Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Midwinter's Wedding

Start your review of A Midwinter's Wedding: A Retelling of The Frog Prince (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)
Camille
“The Frog Prince” is one of my favorite fairy tales because its theme is so close to “Beauty and the Beast” in that the characters must look beyond outward appearances to fall in love with a person’s heart. A Midwinter Wedding was not only a charming take on that premise but it was the perfect continuation of Melanie Cellier's Four Kingdoms series.

Princess Cordelia of Lanover— the sister of Rafe from The Princess Pact— has the opportunity to travel to Northhelm for his wedding. While there, she
Kristen Kooistra
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so close to not reading this after the severe disappointment of the last half book novella in this series. I'm so, so, so glad I decided to give it a shot because even though it is a between books novella, it turned out to be my favorite in the series.

In this book I actually loved both the main characters. Cordelia was fun and smart. Ferdy was sweet and brave. I liked that Cordelia is honest with herself in the fact that she wanted to go there to snag someone rich and handsome(preferably a
Annette
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rarely come across retellings from the Frog Prince and it happens even more rarely that I actually find ones that are well done. It's a very tricky tale, especially because in the version we all know so well the princess is not exactly the most likeable character. But, there are other versions, versions where the tale is a little differently and more beautifully.

And this book seemed to combine them all. This resulted in a lovely tale with the well known elements of the princess and the frog,
Angi Naerebout
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
3.5 Cordelia was cute, she seemed young and I enjoyed her novella. It was a bit short, but there was plenty intrigue to keep me occupied. Poor Ferdy. I’m surprised no one thought he might be cursed. But I loved the story, it was a sweet take on the Frog Prince. And a nice break before the next story- I’m waiting impatiently for either William or Celeste...
Ru4repeat
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found the promise for this novel interesting, and I was blown away by the creative imaginings of the author in pulling it off. I loved the build up between the characters. Their emotions seem real and not rushed.
Eleanor Eckert
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A MIDWINTER'S WEDDING a retelling of the frog prince.
a charming tale based on the frog prince takes Princess Cordelia out of her more tropical life and puts her in a winter wonder land of mystery.
by Eleanor M. Eckert
Tenille Berezay
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of novellas feel incomplete, but this one felt whole. Overall, a satisfying read.
Tiera McMillian
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: march2019
Super short but sweet read. Everything I've read by Melanie Cellier so far I have liked. She seems super talented at setting up a world and conveying character depth in a short amount of time. You would think all author's would have that ability but not all of them execute it as flawlessly as this lady. I will say that I haven't read any of the other retellings yet

Princess Cordelia is a little fed up at feeling like she always comes in last place in her family of beautiful and amazing
Jessie
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Delightful Twist on the Frog Prince

When Cordelia has the opportunity to travel to Northelm for her brother's wedding, she is thrilled! Because of the distance and the climate, she gets to stay for several weeks. As one of Arcadia's six princesses, she has always felt overshadowed by her beautiful older sisters. Now Cordelia has a chance to be noticed for herself.
While in Northelm, Cordelia becomes friends with several princesses, meets a handsome prince and his best friend, Ferdy, who looks
Christina
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful fairytale novella

I really enjoyed this story. There aren’t too many retellings of “The Frog Prince” fairytale that I’ve come across and liked, but this one was definitely better. I loved the way the author wove a completely new story into the book while still staying true to the original tale. I know it’s considered a novella, but it didn’t really feel like one, probably cause I felt like you got to know the characters so much in such a short time. I felt a little lost at times since I
Tricia Mingerink
This is such a cute novella! So glad Ferdy gets his happily ever after!
Jodee Clark
Cute fun retelling. Mystery adventure and of course a happy ending.
Coralie
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midwinter's Wedding is the novella to be read between books 3 and 4 in the Four Kingdom Series. Okay, y'all should all already know how much I'm diggin' this series. (If you don't, see my reviews for the previous five books, novella, and shorts that I've read in the last week and a half. XD) Well, the Frong Prince was no different! I thoroughly enjoyed Cordelia's character and personality. It was so neat to have the observant MC, good with faces and voices. And who doesn't love William and ...more
H.S.J. Williams
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
Really enjoyed this one! Thought the girl and guy were especially sweet!
James
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this novella we follow Princess Cordelia from Lanover. She arrives at Northgate for her brother’s wedding. She keeps stumbling across these suspicious conversations. However her brother and the royals dismiss her concerns as cultural misunderstandings and childish behavior. Only one person believes in her truly and that’s Ferdy. His appearance is definitely reminiscent of a frog. Beneath his strange appearance Cordelia begins to see truly what an amazing man he is. They come together to save ...more
Anna
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: got-it-for-free
I usually like fairy tale retellings more than I liked this. While I by no means hated this book, I wasn't particularly impressed or invested in it. It was a quick, light, enjoyable read for the most part. My main issues with it are that, while the author did a great job of setting up a believable friendship for the main couple, they went from friendship to romance very quickly and in such a way that didn't feel believable. I fully believed they were great friends for each other, but while I ...more
Caitlyn
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This didn't feel like a novella. The plot and characters felt as developed as a typical novel. Also, the fairytale retelling was spot on. I had a feeling that Ferdy might be a contender for the role of the Frog Prince while reading The Princess Pact: A Twist on Rumpelstiltskin, and I'm so glad I wasn't wrong! Cordelia was a fun leading lady! She just was so tired of being overshadowed by her siblings. Her siblings have their own concerns and she gets lost in the crowd by her parents. The only ...more
Catherine ~All for the greater glory of God~
Notable Content: Kissing.
Grammar note: I spotted one comma splice, but it was dialogue, so it's possible it was deliberate.

I was so happy to see this one temporarily free, and I finally read it!

What a delightful book! I gobbled it up in practically a single sitting! As always with Cellier, a delightful, sweet romance stole my heart—possibly one of my favorites. The characters stole my heart as well; they were so endearing and fascinating. The world is always incredibly interesting to me and I
Ananya
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book as much as I did the others in this series. It was a nice story, and I liked Cordelia and Ferdy, but I still somehow found this story a bit...weak, for the lack of a better word. The plot against the royals was interesting enough, so what fell flat for me was the romance itself. Cordelia is confused till the end between Prince William and Ferdy the Frog guy, and that disappointed me a bit. Also, though Ferdy's curse was explained in the book, it was just not very ...more
Aimee Berg
Ah, the middle child syndrome. Always feeling like you're overlooked isn't easy. Cordelia of Lanover feels this way all the time. Because she's the second to last child of seven, people tend to belittle her and just pass her off as another young, frivolous princess; however, she is much more observant than people give her credit for.

Cordelia is able to see past Ferdinand's ugly outer appearance to the kind and good man underneath. I liked Ferdinand from The Princess Pact and was happy to hear
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Kasey ♥
A fairy-tale retelling

A sweet retelling of “The Frog Prince,” “A Midwinter’s Wedding” is an easy read to get you through a book slump. (Plus, it’s free with Kindle Unlimited!)

Princess Cordelia is unexpectedly a strong female character as she solves a mystery on her own. Though she does expect to leave from her visit with an engagement with Prince William, the situation seems to turn out for the better.

Some things that stood out to me were some really odd word usage (like those weird
Kendra Parker
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novella. It was longer than many, and Cellier did a great job of cutting anything unnecessary so that the reader could really feel as though she knew the main characters.

While reading this novella, I enjoyed seeing the happy endings piling up and the way Cellier brings the cast of characters from other books in to join each other in friendship. You truly do not need to have read any other book in the series, but if you have, Cellier gives you some follow-up moments with the main
Deb
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book a lot. Rafe , from a previous story, is getting married to Princess Marie. So his sister Princess Cordelia is there to attend the wedding as his family’s representative. She has very good hearing and discovers a plot against the royals. No one really believes her except Ferdy, who is a guard and a friend to Princess Marie and her brother William. Ferdy is a noble, who has been curse, to resemble a frog, with bow legs and bulging eyes. Ferdy and Cordelia must discover what the ...more
Shruti
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(I received a digital copy of this book. Thanks to Melanie Cellier!!)

This was yet another beautiful fairy tale reimagining of the acclaimed fairy tale which has left me in awe. The most surprising thing is that just 100pgs could so well ransack all my emotions. I love it!

The frog princess has always been a favourite and with the writers special skills she has come up with a very delightful treat for the frog prince lovers. All in all its a short and sweet story which would remind one of the
Adena Lee
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly Inventive

Everyone has heard the various fairytales; parents read them to their youngsters ad nauseam. Finding a new rendition of a well-known fairytale is difficult, so when a good one shows up, it is cause for celebration. This version of the Frog Prince is brilliantly Inventive, incorporating the elements of a fairytale while giving it an original twist that engages the imagination at the same time as pulling at the heartstrings. Fans of KM Shea ought to enjoy this lots.
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 actually. This is a sweet retelling of one of my favorite fairy tales. I liked the direction Cellier went with it, making it more believable in a human context. I really liked the sweetness of the story, I just wanted MORE of it. I wanted to allow the relationship to go deeper, and for time to be taken in the telling of their story.

But what WAS there was done well, and the subplot of dastardly deeds fit decently well, though I admit it was most definitely my secondary interest in the book.
Debbie
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella is a fun retelling of the Frog Prince. A young nobleman has been cursed to look vaguely like a frog, so he may be a great friend but no woman wants to marry him. A beautiful princess comes looking for a great romance with a handsome prince and overhears a plot. No one will take her warnings seriously except the frog-man. He's honorable, kind, and supportive of the princess. They become friends, uncover the plot, etc. Overall, I'd recommend this enjoyable story.
Daisy Barnett
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So glad I chose this book to start off 2020. I love reading retellings of Fairytales, and this one was no different. The Frog Prince is not a story that is always come across, but Cellier has managed to make it work really well! Ferdy and Cordelia I found were to easy to like and understand, and I loved watching the progression of the relationship throughout.

Want to read he others in the series because of this.
Melody
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
This was so cute! I’ve read the first book in the series, “The Princess Companion”, but haven’t read the books between that one and this one. I felt like there were some things I missed out on by not having read the rest, but it wasn’t enough to really bother me. I really have to read the rest of these books...

5 stars.
Heather Mayle
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another cute fairy tale story. Only thing I didn't like was how William and Rafe are so good in the other books at listening to possible plot suspicions, but not in this one. I know it was too have Ferdy be the one who does listen to her and grow their bond, but it just seemed like a weird change in character for them.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Beautiful Curse (Entwined Tales, #4)
  • An Unnatural Beanstalk (Entwined Tales, #2)
  • A Little Mermaid (Entwined Tales, #5)
  • A Bear's Bride (Entwined Tales, #3)
  • A Goose Girl (Entwined Tales, #1)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles, #3)
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • Goldheart (Andari Chronicles, #2)
  • Pirouette (Andari Chronicles, #3)
  • Daughter of Lies (Andari Chronicles, #5)
  • Path of Secrets (Andari Chronicles, #6)
  • Princess of Secrets (Fairy Tale Adventures, #2)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wild Swans (Timeless Fairy Tales, #2)
  • Rumpelstiltskin (Timeless Fairy Tales, #4)
  • Shadow and Thorn (Andari Chronicles, #4)
  • The Little Selkie (Timeless Fairy Tales, #5)
Melanie Cellier grew up on a staple diet of books, books and more books. And although she got older, she never stopped loving children’s and young adult novels. She always wanted to write one herself, but it took three careers and three different continents before she actually managed it.

She now feels incredibly fortunate to spend her time writing from her home in Adelaide, Australia where she

The Four Kingdoms (5 books)
  • The Princess Companion: A Retelling of The Princess and the Pea (The Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Princess Fugitive: A Reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood (The Four Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Princess Pact: A Twist on Rumpelstiltskin (The Four Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Princess Game: A Reimagining of Sleeping Beauty (The Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • The Princess Search: A Retelling of The Ugly Duckling (The Four Kingdoms, #5)