Start by marking “Twice in a Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Twice in a Lifetime

Twice in a Lifetime

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
When widow Talia Wasserman applies for a job with the local police department, she’s shocked to discover she’ll be working for Lieutenant Eve Poe, an officer she’d met—and been attracted to—during a long-ago citizen’s police academy workshop. Fifteen years later, the spark is still there, and no one’s currently in Talia’s life or in her bed. But there’s just one teeny, tin ...more
Published January 22nd 2018 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Twice in a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice in a Lifetime

Lex Kent
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f, romance
This was a decent romance hovering somewhere around 3 to 3 1/2 stars for me. It was a quick read and pretty pleasant, not much angst at all.

Lieutenant Eve Poe and Talia are in their early 50’s. We don’t get many books with older women, so it was an interesting change. There was a few times I thought the women acted more in their 20’s, but most of the time it felt right. For the most part I found both character to be pretty likeable. Also, Eve was a POC which I’m always happy to see.

With both wo
Kennedy
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-ng-okay
An enjoyable romance with two interesting characters. Talia Wasserman is determined to be the best worker she can as she enters the workforce. She also finds herself attracted to her new boss. Eve Poe is a dedicated police officer and she finds herself attracted to her new employee. Trouble is brewing. Slow pull toward each other with some expected and unexpected situations encountered. Enjoyable but not as engaging as I hoped it would be. Too predictable??

ARC provided by Riptide Publishing via
Natasha
Review also on my blogTwitterBookstagram

2.5/5

I received an arc from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Twice in a Lifetime is true to its name. The book followers a widow, named Talia, who is in her 50's, and start to work as the assistant to a police station's lieutenant, Eve. This eventually leads to a romance between the two. This is the first time Talia has been with a woman after knowing she's bisexual for quite some time.

I think this book might've just not b
Bea  Charmed
I totally picked up this book because I follow the author on Twitter. I read her tweets about the book as she wrote it and later edited. She caught my attention with talk of older characters (they're in their 50s), diverse characters, sexy times, and sweet romance. Even so, I held off on requesting it because 99% of what I read are male and female pairings or 1 woman with 2 males. I don't do much reading in other pairings but Ms Griffin made this book sound so appealing that I stepped out of my ...more
Maria Rose
This is a lovely , sometimes bittersweet, second chance romance for two women in their early fifties who were married , had children and were widowed. One, Eve, knows she's gay, the other, Talia, has suspected she's bisexual but never acted on it. Plus there's a hitch- they work together. Eve is Talia's new boss for her civilian job as community liaison at the police department and while they can explore their friendship and growing feelings for each other outside of work, they have a dilemma fo ...more
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a warm and life-affirming story about a second chance romance between two women in midlife. Boss and employee, Christian and Jewish, black and white, there is much that separates Lieutenant Eve Poe and her new hire, Talia Wasserman. But the easy friendship and the frisson of attraction between these two make the mothers of adult children try for a second chance at love.

I wanted to believe in the connection between Talia
Dreaming
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It's refreshing to read about women with grown kids finding happiness in their fifties. It made me feel so much and I enjoyed seeing how the relationship developed.
Some things seemed a little unrealistic (so much sex at that age? Just thinking about it makes me exhausted!), but their love and their contact with their children were ideal. Also although both women had been married to men before, the men were conveniently dead, so there was no angst caused by exes. It was
Skye Kilaen
Sadly, I was underwhelmed by this despite being probably the target audience - bi woman, raising a kid, in my mid-40s, wants to read more good F/F romance, diverse books fan.

But I was pretty shocked by how irresponsibly the MCs handled their relationship vis-a-vis their jobs. They seemed to feel like they could start dating and sleeping together clandestinely until they knew whether the relationship would work out in the long term. That's totally not the intent of workplace fraternization polic
RamenGrrl
Liked this one a lot. Older characters (and one who's a WOC!) who know what they want, the attraction jumps off the page and the storyline is well though out and executed. Also enjoyed the fact that nobody really cared that Talia is bi. Her internal conflict and Eve's hesitance about entering into a relationship with someone who has never had a same-sex pairing seems very real.

I stopped reading f/f romances years ago since there seemed to be very few options for quality writing. Glad to see tha
Kristi
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twice in a Lifetime is a sweet, well written romance story. Talia is starting over after the death of her husband and begins a new job at the local police department. She immediately recognizes her new boss from a past encounter and quickly realizes she is attracted to her. Eve is a high ranking officer who is in charge of Community Relations and is very dedicated to her role. Her new assistant challenges that dedication in a way she was not expecting.

The plot was a bit predictable but overall i
J
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TWICE IN A LIFETIME

Once in a lifetime is very special to find a perfect soulmate but I think twice is nothing short of a miracle. This novel shares a story of a possibility of this happening. The story is very well written with people you might like to know and have in your life. Read it I think you will enjoy. It shows the hope of love after 50.
Dannica Zulestin
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, i-ship-it, quiltbag
This is just good?
At first I was kind of put off by the age of the protagonists because I'm kind of young myself so it's hard for me to relate BUT they were also really good together and when they first confessed their feelings I just kind of died.
Also interracial relationships! AND WE CAN SAY THE WORD BISEXUAL!
Gail
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rec'd an ARC from NetGalley/Riptide Publishing in exchange for an honest review.
This is an easily read romance about second chances with leads Eve and Talia, both in their 50's. Good to read a story with older characters.
A solid 3 stars.
Himanish Prabhakar
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
My review is 3.65 stars.

The book is good, contains sweet & healthy romance. On few occasions, it felt unrealistic but on and all this is a good romantic story. A story of a widow is captured in this book. How she's going to find love again?

Story - Good
Romance - Good

I liked reading it.
Ana
Twice in a Lifetime by Jodie Griffin (eARC, out 1/22). F/F with BI MCs in their early 50s. Sexy, emotional, a little angsty. I typically back away from office romance but I loved Talia and Eve’s story. Great characterization/tension. #bookthread #rombklove (fire: gunfire)
A
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: l-b-romance
Random find... very pleased.

I thought this was great. Women in their 50s, one a lesbian the other bisexual, both with grown kids. I was smiling throughout, terrified through part, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Darla
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet story of middle aged women getting a second chance at love. Solid writing. Sweet 3.5 stars.
Flavia
Aug 13, 2018
Valtorrez
Feb 07, 2018
DeadGoodBooks
rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2018
Feb 27, 2018
Nicole Glidden
Apr 08, 2018
Sandra K. Long
It was an enjoyable book to read from start to finish. I really enjoyed it.
sapphictionaire