Start by marking “Crash into Us” as Want to Read:
Crash into Us

Crash into Us

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  338 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
They met when they were kids.
They were friends, lovers, and then husband and wife.
They were supposed to be together forever.
He was her Superman.
She was his happiness.

And then he went pro.
And she doubted something that was supposed to be forever.
Mistakes were made in exchange for dreams, and hearts were shattered.
Their forever crumbled right before their eyes.

He went on to
Published December 18th 2017 by Shana Vanterpool

To ask other readers questions about Crash into Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crash into Us

Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
OMG! I ate this story up. I already knew from the blurb that Crash Into Us would be right up my alley and it was. Shana Vanterpool delivers a powerful, emotional and romantic story about love and getting a second chance.

Jasmeen and Gavin have known each other since they were ten and divorces at twenty two. Those twelve years are filled with a lot of firsts for both of them but most of all a love that’s indestructible. A love that’s all consuming.

Now at twenty six they’ve been without contact for
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

This story has a really horrific start...Gavin and a few of his teammates are in a helicopter crash where everyone dies except for Gavin. He's pretty messed up though and the only person he wants is his ex-wife, Jasmeen, who he hasn't seen in four years.

Gavin and Jasmeen met when they were ten years old and become inseparable. As they get older, they become boyfriend/girlfriend and then get married. Unfortunately, they get divorced when they are twenty-two.

Jasmeen has a hard time escapin
Paige
5 “Count Down” Stars

Raw and honest. Heartbreaking and beautiful. This story pulled me in so much so that once I started reading, I didn’t stop until the final word.

I think that Ms. Vanterpool writes some of the angstiest NA romance out there and I can never get enough of them. Her characters, albeit flawed, have a realness to them that make them relatable and Jasmeen and Gavin are a perfect example. Their second chance romance was heartpounding and uputdownable.

Gavin and Jasmeen have known eac
Jemima
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
FOR GOODREADS

Ah... I had such high hopes. mid-way in chapter one, I was ecstatic... I felt it in my bones..that this one was going to be good. First sign? The colour purple...why? Cause I love that colour.. second? the flower... purple asher. Then it got me thinking.. first purple succulents (from the book bad habit...which I loved!) and now purple asher.. got to be a sign for good things to come right? NOT. So much for me jumping to conclusion that this book was going to be one of those haunting nostalgia
Bev
I love a second chance story, and if they were married then divorced and get back together again .... pure catnip. This one was good, but Jasmeen's constant pity party got a bit old at times whereas Gavin, the one who was entitled to a pity party ,was the one fighting for them. He was awesome, loved him!

I liked that neither of them were celibate when they were divorced. Thank god!! I am so freaking sick of these angelic creatures that keep themselves celibate for years and years. Totally ridicul
Dilek VT
Dec 13, 2017 marked it as nope
Married - divorced - come back together...
Nope! Pass...
Michelle
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc provided by author for honest review. Shana doll I think this is the first book I have ever read of yours that made me cry! It was emotionally deep and ate it up. It's funny of life works out sometimes. It was clear to see Gavin and Jasmeen had an unbreakable connection. But then again the only ones who can truly break it was them. I felt for Gavin with his nightmares, but I also felt for jas. Because she had to put on brave face and pull though for Gavin. This book was different from your o ...more
Liber_Lady
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** ARC GENEROUSLY PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ***

This was my first book by Shana Vanterpool..and WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN..????

Crash into Us was an amazing book of love, friendship and forgiveness..

This was such a sweet book. Gavin Cobalt and Jasmeen Dejones have been friends since they were 10. Both of them formed an unbreakable friendship, turned into lovers and eventually got married at a young age of around 20. Until one day, they Broke at 22.

This is a sports romance + second-chance romanc
Yuana
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Joyce Mercês
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
description

description

Shana is a genius. She has a way of pulverizing your heart (I'm not exaggerating) , then putting it back together. She creates the most perfect broken heroes EVER. And with Crash Into Us was no different: she kicked ass with the story!

Gavin Cobalt, broken Hockey Player. Literally broken. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED HIM! From page one! His pain was so raw, so big, so loud. As was his love for Jasmeen. Gah! What a couple!

I'm not the biggest fan of flashbacks, but I was eager to learn more how those two fel
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
arc received for any honest review

Crash Into Us is the second book I've read from author Shane Vanterpool. One thing I learned from this author... be prepared to cry unsuspecting tears! Oh my Lord....Crash Into Us was an emotional roller coaster, one that I can't wait to ride again!

Jasmeen and Gavin's relationship started young. They first met when they were children and Jasmeen offered him her sweater. Their friendship grew on from there and evolved into something more the older they got. I lov
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it! The author has a beautiful way with words
Paperback Princess
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is fkn phenomenal!!!! No need to beat around the bush...Crash Into Us was amazing. Second chance romance at its finest.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡  I am

Without a doubt there is a lot of wisdom in the words “you don’t know what you got until it’s gone” … and I think this is what it comes down to if I had to describe Crash into Us
by Shana Vanterpool.

While I have to honestly admit that I am not 100percent into the writing style of the author as I did not like/ agree with the ease with which two people that were obviously destined to be together threw away everything over something that in any other relationship should have been a big fight but no
bookish_affair
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to post soon
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Raw, emotional fabulous story. I am all over second chance books here lately, and Crash Into Us fit what I love to read.

Jasmeen and Gavin's story was all about their love (and hate....at times) for each other. Marriage and divorce could not keep them apart; a tragedy brings them back together and they are able to find themselves as a couple and discover what tore them apart years before.

This was my first book from the author and I will be reading more from her.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
LT Loves Books
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Shana Vanterpool and I loved it! To find your soulmate and the way the characters spoke of their love for each other made my heart swoon! Great story, and I loved the happy ending!
Lorie
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dec-2017, sports
So emotional............ loved it!
Ana Oh
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Very Sweet

This is a second chance sports romance. The writing was decent, although I was disappointed to be distracted due to basic grammar mistakes, and poor verbiage choices.
 B.E.Love
Dec 17, 2017 marked it as to-read
I'm hoping I can find more info. about this one. It sounds interesting.
Lisa Mcintire
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 I enjoyed this one
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
edited cover reveal one
Crash into Us is an emotionally charged, gut-wrenching and heart-breakingly beautiful story. Holy moly, the emotions involved are just physically draining, but in an exquisitely bewitching way.

I’m normally not into second chance romances, however, this one was so well written that it just drew a person in from cover to cover. Crash into Us is a hybrid book of sorts. It is part second chance and part sports romance. I love a good sports romance and this didn’t disappoint.

Gavin and Jasmeen have
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,6 / 5 stars

[♥]

God, this one was an emotional roller coaster. Complete angst paradise. So.. if you're an angst addict this is for you! Seriously, there wasn't a second in this book where angst wasn't at least a little bit present. It was insane and amazing.

I don't want to get too much into it but Gavin and Jasmeen have known each other since they were 10, have been in love since practically the same age, and were together since then until they were 21. Until both of them made a mistake.
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Crash Into Us is an epic second chance standalone novel by one of my favorite authors ever, Shana Vanterpool. I have been following her writing career since the very beginning and have loved every word. I just know when I open one of her books that I will be addicted. Thrown into a different world. A poetic, broken, and beautiful world. The synopsis for this book is perfection so I am going to make this fast. Maybe. Probably not.

They fell in like as children. They fell in love as teenagers. The
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jasmeen and Gavin met when they were kids & became inseparable. As they grew up, they were each other's first everything, until they ended up married, convinced they would be together forever. However, mistakes were made when he went pro, which ended with hearts destroyed. He went on to play for the Washington Warriors, eating, breathing, & sleeping hockey. He was in magazines, won a Stanley Cup, had tons of women, with people screaming his name. But she was fading in & out of life, ...more
Brandy Roberts
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crash into us was such an emotionally driven story and I loved everything about it even though it did give me one hell of a book hangover Shana Vanterpool always knocks it out of the park . This was a second chance romance that had my heart breaking for both the hero and heroine . The story had me in it's clutches from the beginning to end and it still has it's hold on me . If two people were meant to be it would be Jasmeen and Gavin but one misunderstanding with some added insecuritys tour them ...more
Sierra Clothier
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To be honest with all of you reading this review, I'm a huge fan of Shana Vanterpool. I think she's one of the best indie writers out there today just waiting to be discovered by a mass audience. Now that I got that out of the way, I'm going to tell you why this book ranks as my favorite book of the year.

This story is about Gavin and Jasmeen, two young lovers who fell hard as kids and flamed out as young adults. This is a unique story of how they found their way back to each other. Its not your
MillsyLovesBooks
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I do and always will love a Shana Vanterpool read her writing has a way to just slay me. I devour each and every beautiful and emotional word written. Crash Into Us is a powerful, emotional romantic story about love and getting a second chance at love and life.

A young love is often the most beautiful but there's also the added pressure of will they last. I loved Gavin and Jasmeen with there friendship that blossomed into more, friends to lovers is one of my favourite reads. These two were made f
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shana Vanterpool is quickly becoming my favorite author. Crash Into Us was real, raw, and hopeful. Ms. Vanterpool has a way of squeezing every bit of emotion from you, and I love it. I'm addicted to it. The writing was beyond phenomenal. The characters were so real and raw that I ached for them. Jasmeen and Gavin were undeniably made for each other. From the first meeting at the age of ten their hearts connected and refused to let go. After a lot of heartache they found themselves again and when ...more
Keri Loves Books
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gavin and Jasmeen have a long past together. Their love runs hard and deep. But life and the pursuit of a dream got in the way and wrecked it all. This is their story, their second chance at forever.

They were friends first at 10, then they became lovers and finally husband and wife. But it didn’t last.

Gavin made it. From foster kid to NHL Stanley Cup winner...but at what cost? Pursuing hus hockey dreams, left his dreams of a family in the dust. He made a choice and he chose hockey.

Jasmeen has be
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
When I walk into a book store I feel at home. When I smell the pages of a brand new book things make sense. When I read I am who I always wanted to be. I read to escape and I write so others can as well. My family, my actress dog Bella, coffee, and a steamy love story are a few of my most precious things. Keep up to date with future releases: https://shanavanterpool.com
More about Shana Vanterpool