Start by marking “Things You Can't Take” as Want to Read:
Things You Can't Take

Things You Can't Take

How far would you go for your best friend....

Abigail and Kessia shared a childhood bond that couldn't be
broken. Challenged, yes—but never broken.

Born into Hollywood lineage, Kessia understood the risks
and pressures of celebrity life and willingly dedicated hers to
serving and protecting her best friend’s rise to stardom. But
when Abigail learns of Kessia’s own behind-the-sce
Published January 23rd 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Things You Can't Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Things You Can't Take

Paula  Phillips
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading and enjoying All of the Rogers, when I saw that Erin Lockwood had a new one being released, I knew I wanted to read it. Things You Can't Take takes us into the world of two best friends Kessia and Abigail. One wanted to be a big star, and the other had no interest in the world of Hollywood. Kessia and Abigail met when they were six years old on the set of a commercial for Vitamin Bread. The two became instant friends, especially when Kessia took the blame for Abigail and it was the ...more
Diana Laura (The Bookish Sisters)
Full blog post here!

Things You Can’t Take is not what I expected. I can’t even tell you what I expect—aside from originality and mystery—since I don’t remember reading the blurb before signing up to review it. I saw Erin Lockwood’s name and I signed up faster than you can say go. I know her books are original and out of my comfort zone so I expect that but I got a beautiful and heartbreaking book about sexual assault, Hollywood, friendship, sisterhood, bravery and heartbreaking reality.

Abigail
Lauren
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, this story was brave. I've been looking forward to reading it ever since I heard the blurb. I wanted to see Lockwood's take on it. Well, bravo. I loved the story and felt like it ended perfectly and just the way it should. But what I loved most of all were the two girls. The characters were so well developed.

Don't want to give too much away, but I will tell you this: the name at the end was perfect. My heart leaped out when I read it.
Lynda Dickson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 16+
Shelves: new-adult
The book begins when Kessia and Abigail meet as six-year-olds on the set of a television commercial, where they gain each other’s trust and quickly become best friends. While Abigail loves acting, Kessia hates it. So, it’s no surprise when Kessia eventually quits acting and becomes Abigail’s assistant. We follow these two girls over the next two decades, through their highs and lows, their triumphs and tragedies.

The story is told alternately from the points-of-view of Kessia and Abigail. Unfortu
Caren
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read an advanced copy. I loved this book. I loved the two main characters. So different but crafted perfectly. My only complaint is that there wasn't more romance. It's definitely there but doesn't come into the story until late in the book. I understand why, but it was such a sweet romance I wanted more. Overall a great story!
R-Gina
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
S0000000 good!
Allison Anson
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Awesome. Amazing.
Amanda P.
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a page turner!
Sara Blanchard
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a timely novel, given all that is happening with #metoo and the Women's March 2018; so many of my conversations with moms swirl around what it means to raise our daughters with awareness, and how we can best keep them safe. While it's difficult to describe this as an "easy read" given the topic, I was caught up in the storyline and characters, and found that I finished reading the book all too quickly. Probably the most meaningful novel from Erin Lockwood yet!!
Phil Lockwood
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Timely story and great read!

I loved how this story provided insight into something so awful (sexual assault) and something so exciting (Hollywood) at the same time. Well written and well researched.
Katinka
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
True Freindship knows no bounds

Easy read. I did enjoy it but felt more could have been giving lots of time on the back story but not enough time in key points
Miranda Larrison
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
How interesting the timing of this book is! This one was published in January 2018, right in the midst of the #MeToo & #TimesUp movements, making it such an unfortunately relevant topic right now, and one that is long overdue really. The book took a little while for me to get into. I found the characters a little difficult to relate to in the beginning, perhaps because of my age in contrast to theirs. I also found that I kind of hated Abigail. She was pretentious and self absorbed. Sure Abig ...more
Victoria
Liz
rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2018
Erin Lockwood
Jan 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This was an emotional book for me to write. Especially with all the media attention the #metoo movement has been getting and the Olympics coming up. It brought back so many memories from my ice skating days. Some good, some bad. When I first went to write it, I wanted to share a story about how strong a bond between two girls can be. Kessia and Abigail certainly have that. But the book turned into so much more. Kessia's assault changed both her and Abigail's lives. I love how this story focuses ...more
Diana
Nov 12, 2018
Jamie Ashworth
Jun 03, 2018
Jason Jezuit
rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2018
Dena
Feb 20, 2018
Erica K.
Feb 20, 2018
All the Books!: This topic has been closed to new comments. Book Club Host Giveaway 1 7 Feb 07, 2018 07:01AM
Beta Reader Group: Completed Phycological Fiction 2 25 Jan 04, 2018 02:12AM