Start by marking “Ninja School Mum” as Want to Read:
Ninja School Mum

Ninja School Mum

Obsessive-compulsive school mum, Skye, is a lonely elite spy, who is running from her past whilst trying to protect the future of her child. She tries hard to fit in with the other parents at her son’s new school, but the only person who accepts her unconventional way of life is new mother, Thea.

Thea is feeling harassed by her sister and bored with her life, but she suspec
Paperback, 1, 310 pages
Published January 30th 2018 by Crooked Cat Books

To ask other readers questions about Ninja School Mum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ninja School Mum

Dash fan
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5☆ SOOO much fun! - Highly recommend!

Ninja School Mum was absolutely Brilliant!
I thoroughly enjoyed It, and read it in one day!

Don't be fooled by the Title this story has a lil of everything, a bully, the Mum Scrum of the playground, lots of secrets, romance, heartbreaking pasts, mystery, lots of fun, it was fresh and action packed.

When Skye meets Thea in a boutique changing room their lives are about to change forever.

Skye's Son Leo is being bullied by Miles the class bully. She finds out so is
Tammy
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One word. Exceptional. 5☆ Highly recommend. This is one of those books that’s unputdownable with a fabulous storyline!! An excellent read.
Loved it so much I’m excited to read Lizzie Chantrees’s next release, “If You Love Me, I’m Yours” out July 9. 💛
Jaye Marie
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book opens with a typical mum, Skye, waiting at the school gates for her little boy, Leo.
Thea, another mother, is waiting there too, but that is where the similarity ends. She has a child and is secretive about her past.
By the end of chapter four, I discover that Skye is not who she claims to be either, something to do with the death of her husband Reece.
As they become friends, we gradually begin to learn more about these two women, but something doesn’t add up, what are they not telling u
Susan Roebuck
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Skye and her little boy are such a delight – feisty, brave and ready to “flip the bird” at the rest of the world.

Yet Skye has a secret that is only revealed as the book goes on – I liked how her past story was revealed piece by piece, leaving the reader guessing until the end.
There’s much to enjoy in “Ninja School Mum” which isn’t all simply romance. Skye is lonely – and that isn’t helped by being ignored by the other mothers at the school gates; bullying also rears its ugly head; Skye is a loya
Alison
DNF at 39%.

I lurved the blurb for this book, a small English village in which a former spy, a former spy handler and the lord of the manor, three school children and a baby all converge at the school gate.

Unfortunately the book didn't live up to its potential. There was a weird dichotomy in that the two main female characters Skye and Leah are full of mystery, the reader doesn't know quite what they are or who they work for. Yet Zack's every lifetime achievement is described in mind-numbing deta
Anita Dawes
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Mackay
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Of all the books I have read by Lizzie Chantree, I think this one is the best so far.
The book cover is great, an eye-catching use of bold colours and images which really stands out.
The plot is well written and the characters are relatable. I'm sure we all have a "Mirror-Ball' in our lives, whether we want one or not!
(It's a person... you'll have to read the book to find out).
A sweet romantic mystery with danger, humour, and a twist you won't see coming.
Jo Fenton
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book. The characters were compelling and the story kept me reading long past the end of my lunch break!
I won't go into detail for fear of spoilers, but would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a combination of mystery, thriller and romance.
Donna Maguire

I LOVED this book!!

It was brilliant, so well written and heaps of fun! The plot is great and I nearly woke the baby up laughing when I was reading it in bed - such a brilliant pick me up for when you are feeing down. Skye is a brilliant character!

It has ups and downs and takes you through a wide range of emotions to give an excellent all round story - no hesitation in giving it 5 stars!!
Val Penny
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever picked up a book, not expecting too much from it, but finishing it delighted that you read it? This is how I felt about Ninja School Mum. I will put my cards on the table, I bought it because I consider the author, Lizzie Chantree, to be a friend. However, as is well known, I always try to make my reviews as honest as possible, friend or no!

Ninja School Mum is not like any other book I have ever read. The main protagonist is Skye: she is most protective of her son and comes across
S. Burke
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe we are all a little wary of stepping outside our usual reading comfort zone. I wasn’t certain what to expect when I sat down to read this book.

What I found within its pages was pure entertainment. Author Lizzie Chantree has gifted the reader with some marvelous characterizations.

The stand out for me was Skye. I love strong female characters, especially those who stand tall and fight back. Skye is a wonderfully blended character. The author has woven her with a fine hand and a keen obse
Joan Livingston
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skye, a widowed single mother, moves to town for a fresh start. She makes friends with Thea, another single mom, and meets Zack, a potential love interest. She helps her young son and his friends who are terrorized by the school bully through the self-defense classes she teaches.

But all is not what it seems and that’s what makes this book tick nicely. Skye, a former elite spy, has a secretive past. Her new friend has her own. And somehow there is a connection.

I liked the way author Lizzie Chantr
Book Him Danno
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ninja School Mum is as funny as the title. The story is over the funny with action, romance and mystery readers will enjoy as they shut the door of reality. The story is fun, imaginative and while the story isn't perfect and sometimes left this reader a little confused.

Ninja School Mum is worth a few hours of fun. Not to mention if you are a parent who has dealt with schools yards, playground and play dates this story will make you laugh out loud.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Crooked
Isabella May
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clever, colourful and oh so gripping!

I just loved this book. A very cleverly executed story set against the beguiling backdrop of cliquey school mums and a tree climbing business. Unique characters and wonderfully descriptive language make for a very different novel bursting with characters full of verve and je ne sais quoi...
Deborah
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Obsessive-compulsive school mum, Skye, is hiding a big secret. She’s trying to carve out a normal life for the sake of her son, but it doesn’t come easy after years on the run. When she dares to make a friend, it turns out Thea has secrets of her own. And then there is Zack, the ruggedly handsome and super intelligent (not to mention rich) single father who owns the estate where Skye rents a cottage.
I was drawn to this book by the title, blurb and the cover, and found it a strangely compelling
Suzanne Rogerson

The cover is very cool. I love the colour contrast and the silhouette. It drew me in to find out more and the premise of the story really appealed. Who can resist a spy story!

There is a lot to like about this book. The characters are colourful and have plenty of secrets between them. Skye, Thea and Zack are well drawn and likeable, though you know they have secrets and you have to read on to find out what is really going on.

The spy part of the plot is important, but perhaps not featured
Neil
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

A light romance which is well paced but is spoilt by a weak ending.
D.L. Finn
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Ninja School Mum” is about a widowed mother named Skye who has been on the run for years to keep her son safe from her past. As an ex-spy she needed to keep her former life to herself. She ends up living in a quaint small town in an isolated cottage with her son. I found it interesting to learn her history and why she stayed separate from others yet making sure her son developed friendships. The relationships between adults and children were well-done, including Skye’s new friendship with Thea ...more
M.J. J Mallon
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable romance with an unexpected twist towards the end. Light-hearted, amusing and fun. The characters are well rounded, and engaging - my favourites are Skye, Thea and Zack. In my opinion this quick read would appeal to mums and dads who have been excluded from playground cliques and friendship groups and who would like to have some ninja skills to deal with certain people! So very relatable.

My recommendation - 4 stars - Particularly recommended for those who enjoy their romance with a
Anitajt
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fast paced, action packed fun read. Chick lit meets espionage, made this unputdownable. Skye, mum to Leo had continuously moved to avoid being found. They eventually find a place to settle, add a bit of adventure, new friendships and romance and everything is as it should be or is it? The author’s writing style pulled me in from the beginning and I didn’t want it to end.
A fab book.
A must read.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an
Lizzie Koch
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loved this book. From the striking front cover, I expected a fast, exciting read and that's what I got with a bit of romance, plenty of intrigue, and feisty characters. The story wove an intricate plot until the very end and was littered with humour. I loved the relationship between Skye and Thea and this was the book's strength in my eyes and would love to read more about them. Looking forward to the next book by Lizzie Chantree.
Nicky Edwards
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It's jam packed full of romance, laugh out loud moments and I had no idea of how it would end and was so surprised! Gorgeous sexy men and strong minded woman, make this a really fun read. It's got playground gossip, friendship and romance. All you need for the perfect chick lit, rom com. Can't wait for another book by this author.
Karen Ingalls
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skye is a strong woman who has had to go from city to city, hiding from those she fear will kill her and her son. There are interesting twists and turns to this amazing well-written book. There was one surprise to the plot that brought all the events together.
Congratulations, Lizzie.
Daisy White
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant fun read with characters you care about /want to be! Good depth to the plot and a really intriguing story. Well written and highly rec.
Book Wormy
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
I needed a lighter read after some of the heavier reading I have been doing recently and this book fit the bill.

Suspend your disbelief and just go along for the ride.

For the most part the book is entertaining and the characters are likeable however there were a few romance tropes that I felt weren't necessary and felt wrong for the modern day setting I would have been more forgiving if this was a historical romance.

I also found myself distracted by a few editing issues not sure if these only occ
Rachel
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading the description for this book it's safe to say I was very intrigued and I'm not really sure what I expected when I started reading. The main thing about this story was how entertaining it was there really was a little bit of everything to keep me engaged. With friendships, romance and family all being themes aswell as a few other surprises along the way. I'm trying to be quite vague about the plot as I really don't want to spoil any of the twists in this book what I will say is tha ...more
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Brandi Collins
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and suspenseful story of a retired secret agent settling down to raise her son in a small community. I love the characters of Skye and Thea because they seemed relatable despite their pasts. This book kept me turning pages. Once I got to the 50 % mark, it pained me to have to put it down because I wanted to keep reading. This is a must-read for fans of romantic suspense.
Herman Fassett
Jan 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dropped
Not sure what I just rea-- oh wait, I dropped it.
Adam
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would be good on tc.

Think of the film mr and nrs smith. You know the one where their spies to each other? Well think of that only Mr smith is dead and Sky nrs is hiding from his killers with their tong sun to prowtect. They try setaling down but a bully at the school, her landlord and even skies new freind could blow her cuver?

I loved this book. Dispite the plot mite seam it is so well handeled by the author that the storey felt very pakoras able.
Would recomend this book to any one.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• All By My Selfie
  • Cheap and Classy (Hide Your Crazy #2)
  • COMA GIRL, The Complete Daily Serial
  • Revelation of Blood  (Skye Morrison, #5)
  • The Game
  • Give Me Love (Reason, #4)
  • Best Dating Rules (The Best Girls, #2)
  • A Merry Monster Holiday (Banshee Creek, #3)
  • Kiss the Girl
  • The Token 6 (The Token, #6)
  • Captured by Sweet Alien (Uoria Mates, #1)
  • A Baby and a Wedding (The Outsider Series, A Bridge Short story)
  • Never Ending (Never Knights, #3)
  • Sunny Days for Sam
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • Kiss The Bride (Montana Born Brides #5; The Davis Sisters #2)
  • A Hollywood Bride (Billionaires' Brides of Convenience, #2)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
Internationally bestselling author and award-winning inventor, Lizzie Chantree, started her own business at the age of 18 and became one of Fair Play London and The Patent Office’s British Female Inventors of the Year in 2000. She discovered her love of writing fiction when her children were little and now runs networking hours on social media, where creative businesses, writers, photographers and ...more