Start by marking “Kissing Tolstoy (Dear Professor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kissing Tolstoy (Dear Professor, #1)

Kissing Tolstoy

(Dear Professor #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  8,793 ratings  ·  1,011 reviews
Proceeds for the month of release go to hurricane relief efforts.

What do you do when you discover that your super-hot blind date from months ago is now your super-hot Russian Lit professor?

You overthink everything and pray for a swift end to your misery, of course!

‘Kissing Tolstoy’ is the first book in the Dear Professor series, is 46k words, and can be read as a
Published November 7th 2017 by Cipher-Naught (first published May 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Tolstoy, please sign up.
Penny Reid Yes.
ABRACADABRA!!
... done.…more
ABRACADABRA!!
... done. (less)

·  8,793 ratings  ·  1,011 reviews

Start your review of Kissing Tolstoy (Dear Professor, #1)
Penny Reid
Mar 16, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

The Kissing Tolstoy audiobook is LIVE and so is PART ONE of Nobody Looks Good Naked, book #2 in the Dear Professor series!
All Purchase Links

Smashwords:http://bit.ly/2zHqPU8
Google Play:http://bit.ly/2zsrp7j
Goodreads:http://bit.ly/2zH1gT6

Penny Reid
Nov 08, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

All Purchase Links

Goodreads:http://bit.ly/2zH1gT6

Melanie
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Paloma *The Romance Queen*
“If Russian literature and tragic novels had taught me one thing it was this: disappointment and heartache might be around the next corner. But adventure, love, joy, and happiness—the living of a rich, meaningful life—was now.”

Holy adorable, this was the cutest. This is a fluffy, but sexy, short, little romance, that centers around two people and their love for Russian literature!

And before I even start this review, let me state that this is a book about a relationship between a college
Christy
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!

description

“You are flawless to me”

I love all things Penny Reid, so when I saw this book was live, I jumped to one-click it. Something more amazing? The first months proceeds went to hurricane relief efforts. Penny is a fantastic human being, but enough about that! On to the book…

Kissing Tolstoy is the story of Anna. Anna is a smart and quirky girl. I loved her from the start. She goes on a blind date, it turns kind of weird, seeing as she has the wrong guy, then discovers months later that
Mysza
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Penny Reid, you know you have to write more about them now, right?

I want to know what "I" stands for!

Anyway, that was cute little thing, I hope we'll get some more.

Bibi
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book universe needs more authors like Ms Reid. Kissing Tolstoy is such a refreshing take on the student-professor trope and with a bi-racial (Nigerian) heroine to boot.

Loved it!
Alex ♈
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Alex ♈ by: Kiki
Thanks to my friend Kiki for recommending this book to me!

The book is brilliantly written, well, Penny Reid is known for her intelligent writing. She did it again!

I happened to know a bit about Russian literature and I didn’t find any inaccuracies, so the author knows the topic well. Amazing!

As to the romantic side of the story – not quite my kind of a romance. I didn’t like MCs much, they frustrated me a lot.
The heroine came across as immature, though she had a little backbone.
The hero was a
Book-Bosomed  blog
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
"Proceeds during November go to hurricane relief efforts."
A win-win situation right there: Readers essentially get a book and make a donation to a worthy cause all with one 1-click. And that's the best thing this book has going for it....

2 Stars

Anna Harris, 21, lives a boring life for a college student. She’s afraid to take chances, and she’s losing opportunities in the process. Luca Kroft, 31, is the leather clad, motorcycle riding by Valentine’s Day/ suit and bowtie wearing professor by
Sabrina
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Kissing Tolstoy was a cute, short read. I really liked these characters together and the added bonus of a forbidden professor-student relationship only made me like it even more. The best thing about this was that Anna and Luca didn't fall into a relationship easily. There was a lot of back and forth between them and they challenged each other. I really liked getting to watch them together and I'm actually sad that this book had to end because I could read about
Karen
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

Loved this. My only objection was that it was too short. Loved the characters and their witty banter. Loved all the philosophical musings of life, love and tragedy. For being such a short book, I sure did my share of highlighting. So the ending came abruptly, and left me wanting much more from the characters and the story.

"You infect me, body and soul, with primitive thoughts of claiming and conquering. I do not know who I am when I touch you. I am no longer civilized, I am blood and
Dali
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Updated 04.20.2017
Do you LOVE getting one of your favorite author's newsletter? I do because each month we get a new chapter in this story!!

This short story has evolved into a serial written by Penny Reid and only available to her newsletter subscribers.

“These are truths universally acknowledged. Men who ride motorcycles, who wear leather like a second skin, and look hot doing it don’t date ladies who idolize Tolstoy. Tuesday night is trivia night for me, unless I have a new jigsaw puzzle I’
Kiki
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Those of you who love teacher/student romances - grab this!
Penny Reid is a queen of quirky and unique heroines... probably one of the things I love about her books the most. A fun, enjoyable read. Recommend!
Stacey is Sassy
The motorcycle man has a brain

I am so glad Penny Reid decided to raise money for a good cause. See, I’m not a fan of reading snippets or excerpts. Crazy, I know, but I don’t want to get sucked in without instant satisfaction. A snippet ends too soon. An excerpt doesn’t leave me satisfied. What if I got to the end and I’m desperate for more…and I have to WAIT. That waiting could be, like 5 minutes (search, buy and download) or it could be days (it’s not released) it could even be weeks (first
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
The hottest part of this book was Luca. He was the gorgeous professor that had to deal with his students (and me) falling in love with him. He was incredibly cerebral and it was impossible not to squirm at the way his brain worked or for how passionately he would debate his argument. Don't you just love when a man's intelligence, and not just his utter beauty, is what really turns you on? While I found his aloof manner and awkwardness absolutely adorable, when it came to Anna... not so much. She ...more
Norah Una Sumner
Probably one of the best short stories I've ever read.

Penny Reid is a freaking genius.I love her writing,her characters,her humor-everything she writes,even if it's as short as this story,is just fantastic and extremely fun.I wish that she would write more of this story,I NEED TO KNOW WHAT "I" STANDS FOR!

description

Oh,and you can read this beast on Nocturnal Book Reviews Blogspot.
Cyndi
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
December brought the last installment of this book in Penny Reid’s newsletter. I didn’t want it to end, of course. I became so invested in the characters that it was hard to say goodbye. But, luckily I bought Kissing Tolstoy, which is the same story with some additions. Yay! ...more
Mandy
My favorite type of romance novel is the forbidden kind, especially student/teacher. I was so excited to see my very favorite author was writing a book with this theme and it was even more than I was expecting. Romantic, well written, and characters with unique personalities - I loved everything about this story! The characters were really fantastic! The way they met was funny and the chemistry between them from that very first meeting was amazing! My only complaint is that I wish this was a bit ...more
Kat
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
This was a short and sweet novel about forbidden romance where a college senior falls for a guy she’s set up with on a blind date by one of her friends, and then later he turns out to be one of her professors. I liked Anna’s independence and thought the chemistry in this one was steamy. Great for classic literature lovers!

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Geri Reads
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a free read written by Penny as part of Nocturnal Book Review blogoversary celebration!

Dear Ms. Penny Reid,

I myself would like to know what the "I" in Mary I. Harris stands for.

So if you could write more...that would be great. :D

Geri

Karla
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 Stars! Fabulous Freebie Short!!

Weeeeellll...that all depends on who's wearing the leather pants! Goodness gracious, I hope the author takes the leather pants and runs with them...I want more!

Adorable! My first Penny Reid and just from this short I can see why so many readers find her stories appealing. Thanks for free read Penny Reid, now I'm off to buy one of your books, we need to keep you in money so you can keep writing!
Jaya
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
How does she do it? Put you through a wringer of emotional highs and lows?
I'v never been so jealous of any character as I am of Anna because she has someone like Luca in her life, dammit!
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
5 I Want More Stars!

photo b9ee7098-0044-4dc7-9804-143056d5dc25_zpsv5ut4nch.jpg

This was a fabulous short story that just teased me & had me wanting more! This guy was delicious!!! :D
Paige
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Cute. Quirky. Quick Penny Reid loveliness.

Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D
4 " i almost read 'war & peace' coz of this book" stars
And i hate tragedies and historical fiction with everithing in me!

There is a reason i read so much romantic hea fiction books

So, that's something.

Now back to the book-

First of all kudos to the author, who always makes brilliant efforts and research for her books and knowing she's a science person m not suprised but seriously i always learn something new from her books.

So, now on the story. I already love a good teacher- student
Jaime Arkin
Love, Love, Love this book! I picked this one up on a whim and decided to start it right away because who doesn’t love fun, fluffy romance right?

This book was so fun, and funny, and sexy, and just plain wonderful. I’ve read a couple of other Penny Reid books and liked them, but this one just blew those out of the water for me. This has exactly everything I love when I’m reading Contemporary Romance. The heroine is relatable and hilarious and the hero is sweet and sexy.

The banter between these
Hollis
"I suspect we will be the life of each other."

Oh Reid. You are just so delightful. You with your silly but intelligent and insightful ladies. You also with your broody and intensely sexy men as ever helpless to resist said ladies. I could've read so much more of this even though, as usual, more than half of it was too smart for me.

My ex was the John Willoughby to my Marianne Dashwood, if John Willoughby had quoted Pokemon and anime instead of Shakespearean sonnets.

If you haven't already picked
Bianca
I read Penny Reid frequently. She's my go-to writer for escapist romance with a difference. I one-clicked this, despite the horrendous cover art, but mostly because of Tolstoy!

This had the ingredients that normally entice me, Tolstoy, a professor of Russian literature, who happens to be looking like a supermodel (just like in real life ;-)), rides motorcycles, ok, I can try to go with it... He's also the poor rich boy, his daddy bought his tenured position, sort of, etc ...

Except that I didn't
♥Sharon♥
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

I so enjoy Penny Reid's writing. I love her originality, wit and creativity. Her characters are always fun and endearing. Anna was sweet and open hearted and Luca was rather commanding. But of course he was handsome and sexy too.

Such a fun story to read. Loved the dual epilogues we got too. So sweet.

I'm looking forward Nobody Looks Good Naked!

Ira
Dec 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: may-dec-romance
I think I stick with Ms. Reid’s adult books only from now.
This one seal the deal, I couldn’t stand to read her heroine insecure feelings in these new adult/young adult books. It’s so painful to read!!

Even the 10 years older hero couldn’t save the cringe feeling I felt much!
Oh well, still a fun read especially when I skip and no need to read those insecurities feelings...

• The Varlet and the Voyeur (Rugby, #4)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • The Best Thing
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive

Dear Professor (2 books)
  • Kissing Galileo (Dear Professor, #2)
“If you know who you are, rejection matters very little. It says more about the small-mindedness of the person who is doing the rejecting than it does about you.” 12 likes
“Yes, I felt shabby and small, but that’s okay. I was shabby and small. There’s nothing wrong with being shabby and small. Hobbits are shabby and small and look how badass they are.

Plus, second breakfasts for the win.”
10 likes