Start by marking “A Hero for Sale: Suit Romance (A Wounded Soldier Story)” as Want to Read:
A Hero for Sale: Suit Romance (A Wounded Soldier Story)

A Hero for Sale: Suit Romance

(Wounded Soldiers #3)

Captain Nick Gates isn't looking for love. He's also not interested in being sold in a bachelor auction. Unfortunately for him, it's happening. The auction, that is. Love, that's another story. He was severely burned when his fiancée dumped him right after he was hurt during the war. Love? He doesn't do that. No matter how cute he thinks Addy is, his heart is off limits.
Published December 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Hero for Sale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hero for Sale

AvidReader
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Florence
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story really tore at my heart as well as made need a cold shower.. Nick is a hero scarred emotionally and physically, Addy is the Angel that watched over him and made sure he was taking care of when he was fighting for his life in the ICU and he never knew it.. After paying $100,000 for Nick at a bachelor auction for charity have they have whirlwind romance full of drama and chemistry.. This book was awesome and as a parent of a soldier thank you Milly for shedding light on a truly importan ...more
Alexa
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Liked it but didn't love it... Enjoyable short story.

Started out really well and I liked all the characters but where it lost me was at the idea that Nick would so easily fall for the twin sister of his ex... even though they are like night and day it just seemed a bit unrealistic (and ick-ish) to me. But maybe that's just me!

If you enjoy a short, easy story with a military hero then this one may be for you!
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4.5-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by its Cover < <
Stoic, intense looking male wearing a suit against a black background. Dramatic cover. Strong title and author font. Other text gets lost in the darkness.
Synopsis was interesting. I like the concept of our military soldiers being auctioned off for a date, with all proceeds going to charity.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third-person

Nick served in the military until severe injuries earn him a medical
Heather
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and sexy

Another very good book in the Wounded Soldier series. It is a short and quick read. I did not put it down! My heart went out to Nick whose witch with a b ex left him when he was badly burned. And then he thinks she is the one who bought him. Yeah that wasn't pretty. But the love story that unfolds is sweet and sexy and oh yeah remember karma. No spoilers other than to say there is a HEA and I loved how Nick and Addy make it to that point.
Daria
I don't usually ready stories that tug at your hearts stings too much, but its Milly's so yeah and yeah it really tugged. Milly taps into a real life struggle for many and we can only hope this story sheds more light on a issue that is easily forgotten.

Home from War and wounded It didn't take his ex to make him feel less than a man, but it didn't stop his ex from coldly dropping him like yesterdays trash. The soldier was determined to keep his heart off limits, he's done with the emotion called
Darnell MR Hart
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Look twice love once

This was an excellent story Addy and Nick have one thing in common Addy's twin sister. Good thing for Nick Addy is can see the true hero . Their story gives us hope that we can all find love no matter what we look like.
Sandy
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

So much feeling. The fact that some people can be so cold while others can't do enough just shows that being related does not always mean anything. As always Molly Taiden tells a fantastic story.
Arys
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Hero For Sale by Milly Taiden is a fast romance story of rich heiress/businesswoman Addilyn Walton and wounded soldier Captain Nick Gates. Nick isn't really interested in being auctioned off, and the tux with required bow tie is particularly irksome, but its for a friend and for charity so he grudgingly acquiesces. Addilyn has grown up rich, but unlike her socialite twin Graecen, she is focused on running her family's business and committed to charity causes. Wounded soldiers are of particular ...more
Tina
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Hero for Sale by author Milly Taiden is the third book in the suit romance, wounded soldier series. This is my first time reading this series and I was not lost in the least.
Nick is a navy seal captain. He is not looking for love. He is not interested in being in the soldier bachelor auction either. His fiancé has dumped him right after he was seriously hurt. His heart now is off limits. No longer wants or believes in love.
Addilyn her sister/ evil spawn most would not define their twin that wa
Phyllis
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Hero for Sale is the new romance from Milly Taiden & it's a good one. In this book we follow the relationship between Nick, a Navy Seal veteran that was severely injured during the war, & Addilyn, successful business woman.

Nick's fiancee dumped him when she found out how badly he was injured so he's decided that love isn't for him. He's not about to get hurt again because a woman can't handle the scars from his injuries.

Addilyn & her family are staunch supporters of various chari
L M
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful read about a soldier who has given more than one should expect of him.
I have owned the previous two books in this series written under Ms Taiden’s pen name April Angel for quite a while. You can read the other two books purely for the sheer pleasure of this series and to get a feel for this book and to also get a background on Kayla and Ryan but it is not needed. This book stands well on its own.
I never thought Ms Taiden would write another one so I was jumping for joy when I w
Cheri
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just what Nick didn't want. Getting roped into being featured at a bachelor auction. The cowgirl doing the roping was his buddy's wife. One woman he could never say no to. His bidder turned out to be the woman who'd dumped him while he was recovering from massive injuries. After telling her off he learned she was Addie, a twin. The nice one. Giving her a chance, it turned out she really was hot and a whole different person than her sister. Could he ignore she looked like the cruel woman from hi ...more
Tracey
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nick is wounded and ends up in the hospital. He's also dumped by his fiancée before she even knows the extent of his injuries. Nick also has a guardian angel that visits him while he's recovering but he doesn't know it.

Addy is friends with Nick's best friend's wife. When Kayla asks Nick for a favor, he had no idea he would be participating in a bachelor auction. The very auction where his guardian angel, Addy, would be the winner. But instead of meeting Addy for the first time, Nick mistakes her
Patricia Bello
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want to rate this 3.5 stars. I love Addy. She's perfect for Nick who unfortunately met her twin first. I sometimes think that she's too good for him.

I wish they weren't twins. And how can he not tell them apart? Isn't he, who loves Addy, the person who knows her best? He should be able to tell them apart!

I really dislike Gracen. Mean mean mean selfish sister who doesn't even feel remorse for what she does to her twin. I want to understand why Gracen is like that, so very different from her s
Katie Chaffin
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

I really enjoyed this book because I liked Addy and Nick. I adore Addy for staying with Nick through all his surgeries so he would not be a lone and she developed liking of him. Gracen seem to be Addy's evil spoil twin for breaking up with Nick and pretending to be Addy twice to prevent Addy to be in a relationship with Nick and making out with her ex boyfriend. I really don't understand why their parents raised these twin girls differently and they are both the same age. Addy and N
Shatire
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Good Twin, Evil Twin

Addy ran to Cpt. Nick Gate's side when he got injured. It should've been her twin sister, Nick's girlfriend, but she abandoned him. Addy insured Nick received the best care, but Nick doesn't know how she cared for him.
Nick is better and living his life, but has no interest in dating. Being abandoned in the hospital because his girlfriend that he would be disfigured has made Nick hesitant.
A mutual friend sets up a bachelor auction. When Addy sees Nick up for sale, she bids o
Lisa Boyd
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holds a Special place in My Heart

Living in a military community, I am extremely critical of most military romances. However, Ms Taiden addresses and tells the story of what happens when your “hero” isn’t so perfect. I think most people esp in the military that come back from serving have either some insecurity seen or unseen. That doesn’t mean they aren’t someone’s perfect man. Each of these characters have made me fall in love with them. I have kindle unlimited and yet chose to purchase each of
Gwendolyn Thaggard
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nick was injured while serving his country, and the woman in his life bailed on him, during his hour of need.
This understandably led Nick to close up his heart where love and relationships are concerned.
When his friend's wife signs Nick up for a bachelor auction, he makes it clear that he does not want to be set up and is not looking for a relationship.
But when he meets the woman that bid on him, and won a date with him, Nick is more than shocked and displeased.
Turns out his ex, Gracen has a twi
Janet Hendricks
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
An Enjoyable Read

Nick and Addilyn's story...Wounded soldier Nick has recovered from devastating injuries but scars from his near death experience remain. At a charity auction, Nick is "purchased" by Addy. Nick mistakes Addy for her rotten twin sister Gracen and he says some unkind things to her. Of course, they finally get sexy together as only Milly can write it. This story is a quick read. The H/h are likable. At times it seemed to me that the flow of the story was a little choppy, but even so
Chantelle Bouffanie
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I've volunteered to review this book for the author. I love reading Milly Take stories. This is a short and quick read. I did not put it down! This story is about Nick and Addy. Nick is a wounded soldier that has recovered from devastating injuries. While Addy is the twin sister of Nick's ex. She also made sure that Nick received the best care while he was recovering. You have to read this one. This has plenty of hot action, drama, a jealous twin, and a great romance. Keep up the awesom ...more
Rachel
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great add to the series. Captain Nick Gates and Addilyn Walton don't start out with stars in their eyes. Nick is wounded and has high walls up to protect himself. Addy is trying to find herself when she has a twin who is literally the "evil twin". This is a shorter read then when I usually do but still holds all the great things you've come to love. Can't wait for the next. I voluntarily reviewed an 'Advance Author’s Copy' of this book.
Tracey
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nick and Addy are perfect for each other. addy made a great leading heroine she is kind, loyal,hard working women with a heart of gold. Nick is a ex soldier who carries scar on his body and heart. Both character faces misunderstanding but get ready for a sweet romance book that will have you rooting for their happiness. I voluntarily review this advanced reader copy for my honest opinion.
Alexa Luna
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love reading Milly books. Addy and Nick story was a good Love story. Addy felt bad that her twin sister Gracen dump Nick after his accident. Addy decide to take care of him and then decide to win him over at a Charity function and bid money. Of course there is always a little drama when there is a twin who wants to party more then be responsibly.

for a smooth love story I up thumbs up.
Partfam
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC by the author for an honest review. I loved it!!! The story was engaging and the charters awesome. She does a wonderful job of my making her characters come to life. I stayed up late reading it because I couldn't put it down. The next day I suffered, but it was defiantly worth it.
Donna
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captain Nick Gates is conned into being sold in a Bachelor auction for the organization that helped him when he was wounded in action. He has the scars inside and out to prove it. He never counted on Addilyn Walton. A Hero for Sale is a sweet and sexy short that will tug the heart strings and leave you with a smile.
Jen Spencer
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some wounds go so deep they can blind.

I am a huge fan of Milly! Think I actually started reading her shorts that I can't prove she wrote, her shifter stories, and my favourite her wounded warriors.

This story made me cry a couple of times, so be warned, Kleenex is required! But she does temper the feels with hot scenes! You won't be disappointed in the least!
Stefanie
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Milly Taiden has done it again. A Hero for Sale was a quick and enjoyable read. I loved the Characters Nick and Addilyn and the story was amazing too. This is definitely one of my favourite Milly releases, outwith the Paranormal Dating Agency.
Selina Durio
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable!

This story was an enjoyable, quick read. While it contained some interesting twin dynamics, it obviously contained a HEA for the “good twin”. Addylin’s unselfish behavior towards the wounded Nick showed that she truly did deserve the hero.
Shari Robinson
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Masterful as always

Was scared it be too different from my paranormal book but I loved it! Nick is my war hero an a sweet heart. The only question is will she write a mate for Gracen

• Housebound
  • The Marine's Baby (Always Faithful #1)
  • Color of the Wind (The Women's West, #2)
  • My Sister's Boyfriend (The Trouble With Twins, #1)
  • Never
  • The Italian's Secret Baby
  • April's Promise
  • Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2; The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • Her Sister's Baby
  • In His Brother's Place
  • Tiller
  • Her Shameful Secret
  • The Other Brother
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • The Sicilian's Baby Bargain (Leopardi Brothers, #3)
  • The Black Sheep's Secret Child
  • Already Written (Hollywood Exchange)
  • Shooting The Moon
Milly Taiden (also writes as April Angel) was born in the prettiest part of the Caribbean (to her) known as the Dominican Republic. Currently, she resides in New York City with her husband, bossy young son and their little dog Speedy.

When she’s not working full-time, texting with her best friend Heidi in England, chastising her son for pulling the dog’s ears, shopping with her sister Jewel or watc

Wounded Soldiers (4 books)
  • A Hero's Pride (Wounded Soldiers #1)
  • A Hero Scarred (Wounded Soldiers #2)
  • Wounded Soldiers Trilogy
“One rose wasn’t enough to tell you how much I loved seeing you last night. -Nick” 0 likes
“A wolfish grin spread over his lips. “I’m not looking for love, beautiful. But if it’s a good time you want, maybe we can work something out.” 0 likes