Start by marking “Deceitful Truths (Caspian Wine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deceitful Truths (Caspian Wine, #2)

Deceitful Truths

(Caspian Wine #2)

He created a legacy that no one could imagine...

Tarin has lost a week of her life. She doesn't know what happened but not long after she returns to work she is suspended from her job. Confused and pregnant, she quits and agrees to marry Stephen, only to be thrown into a whole new nightmare. Desperate, she grabs her son and moves across the country to get away from her abus
Published October 2017 (first published December 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Deceitful Truths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceitful Truths

Start your review of Deceitful Truths (Caspian Wine, #2)
Sheri
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deceitful Truths by Maggie Thom

Tarin can't remember one week of her life, but she knows something bad happened. So she takes her son away from her unloving and mean husband Stephen across the country to stay with her friend, and hopes to start a fresh new life. Soon she makes new friends and things seem to be going alright. Then she realizes something is not right at her new job, Tarin and her sons life are now in danger. She teams up with Graham to try to piece together the hidden secrets that
Silver Surfer
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know what they say about sequels, how they are never as good as the first? Boy are they wrong in this case. This is a cracking thriller, again starts slowly building up till you realise that it’s got you gripped and engrossed. Definitely worth a read. Highly recommended.
Dianne
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tarin is on the run with her young son, Chance, hiding out from the manipulative and brutal hands of her husband and the father who never wanted her. An expert with a computer, she takes a job as a cyber-specialist at Knights Associates to have access to their computers to do her own cyber investigating. Too bad she is under the intense scrutiny of Graham, their resident computer sleuth, who soon discovers what she is up do, but isn’t sure what her motives are. The tentative flag of truce betwee ...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Review by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Deceitful Truths is a suspense/thriller with small romantic elements. Maggie Thom has managed to give the reader a tangled web full of lies and deceit to try to figure out. Deceitful Truths is a stand-alone story, however events which take place in Captured Lies (the first book in the Caspian Wine Series) are referred to, so if you haven't read that book, you may want to.

While I liked Deceitful Truths, I found the story to be a little confusing in th
Laurie
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a suspenseful story that kept my attention and kept me intrigued throughout. Knights Associates seem to be under a cyber-attack of massive proportion. Partners Guy and Graham are scrambling to figure out the source of the attack, but are unable to make any progress because their workload is overwhelming. They hire Tarin to help them sort through the staggering number of emails.

Tarin is a woman on the run from an abusive husband, and is fiercely secretive about her personal life. She is
Jane
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deceitful truths by Maggie Thom

4 Stars

Okay, this book was engaging and I couldn’t put it down, I was eager to find out what had happened to Tarin and what was going to happen with Chance. But, I was confused about lots of things and even by the end I wasn’t 100% sure what the connections were between everyone. Not that that really matters because I got the answers I needed even if I didn’t totally understand it all!

The plot was full of twists and turns and red herrings (I think!) because just wh
Emily
Tarin was missing for a week, she doesn't know what happened but she does know that she ended up pregnant and has no idea what to do next. She fell into the arms of Stephen, who she married and lived two years in terror, she has had enough and runs with her young son.

Getting a job with Knights Associates is a perfect fit for Tarin, they solve cyber crimes and Tarin maybe able to get the answers she has longed to find out, primarily what happened that week. However her employer Graham knows Tarin
Woody
Great suspence/thriller
Free download ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This is book two of the Caspian Wine Series Book 2 although a standalone book, I think it’s far better to have read book one Captured Lies first.
It follows on the thread of the first book. We see Tarin running away from an abusive husband at the same time trying to find out what happened to her “missing week” three years ago.
She gets a job at Knight Associates and meets Guy, Graham and Bailey, characters from Captured Lies
Alisa Gamblin
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read, You will never guess where it leads

Full of mystery, suspense and romance, Deceitful Truths keeps you on the edge of your seat as it pulls you into the web Maggie Thom has woven. Who did what? Why? and how are they all related? I could not read it fast enough....my mind was captivated with guessing where the next pages would take me, only to be surprised by another twist and my mind being led in a different direction.
Tarin life is anything but normal...forced to run and use her ta
Miranda Shanklin
This is the second book in this series. I found it to be just as good as the first one. You don't have to have read the first one to be able to follow along with this one. It was better because I knew what led to some of the actions after reading the first one though.

I love the story line and the emotions that come with trying to find the truth and learn who to trust. The way that the characters interact with each other is something that I could see actually happening.

This story of secrets com
Paula Harp
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as ARC for an honest review. I loved it, it was full of suspense, twists and turns, with some romance thrown in. It was part of Caspian Wine series. This was Tarin and Graham's story. Tarin lost a week of leer memory 4 years ago and found out she had gotten pregnant during that time. She is investigating to see what happened to her during that week. Lots of lies, twists, turns, and suspense. Great read!
Helen Dougherty
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was fantastic! Maggie really knows how to keep you guessing as to who did what and what is going to happen next. The book just came out today and I read it in one sitting - it was that great!
Dalene
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, I would like to thank that author Maggie Thom for giving me this book for an honest review. I enjoyed this story very much, it kept me guessing throughout the story. The storyline is very good. The characters are well developed and written.
Carolyn Baird
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoying this series. The characters are interesting, believable and well developed. Their situations do not feel contrived. There is enough history for books to stand alone but they flow well in the time line to mesh from book to book.
InD'tale Magazine
Although "Deceitful Truths" is a sequel, Ms. Thom easily twines the previous happenings into the current book without it becoming an information dump.

Read full review in the 2014 April issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Teresa
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kick butt action from page 1! Excellent 2nd in series.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Not kindle Unlimited, 1 was freebie day and the other must have been from one of my freebie things somehow.

Someone stole a week of her life… And now someone is trying to steal the secret, she’s now protecting.Doing whatever it takes to protect her family, Tarin abandons her abusive marriage, rescues her son and flees across country. Lost and unsure who to trust, she hopes her new job with a Private Investigator, Knight’s Associates, will give her the connections and resources she needs to find a
Diana Montgomery
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me flipping pages. Loved it Lots of adventure. Tarin is missing a whole week of her life. She wants to know what happened to her besides getting pregnant. Her son is born and her main concern right now is to keep her child safe. In a abusive marriage she runs away and hides from him. Can Tarin get her life back? Lot of people are out to get her. Even her father. I loved this story kept me glued to it and the characters are well written.
C.
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great second book in the series. Maggie Thom puts more twists and turns in her novels than a bag of pretzels. The characters are strong and each has a piece of the background of the story. You really need to read these books in order and, believe me, it's definitely worth it. I received an ARC in return for a fair and honest review. Ms. Thom deserves her five stars, It can't be easy to put a three book series together that include all characters yet makes each book unique.
Bev
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read, own-it
This story is about what a mother will do for the love of her child. Tarin will do what she needs to to protect her family. But when she thinks things are going fine, they actually are not. Can she get away from her controlling, abusive husband or will he find her and their son? What will the consequences be? Read the book to find out. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Tom Johnson
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Mystery And Suspense Brings The Story To A Boiling Climax.”

After Tarin Madsen Roth escapes from her abusive husband she applies for employment at Knights Associates, hoping to uncover her own mysterious past. Accessing their high-profile accounts throws suspicion on her, however. Someone is out to destroy Caspian Winery, and they are targeting Knights Associates to stop their investigation. Tarin is suspected of being involved.

Stuck with an abusive husband, and a son born out of a missing week
D.E.
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deceitful Truths is the second book in the Caspery Winery Series, but it is not necessary to read the first installment to understand and follow Deceitful Truths as Thom does a good job of ensuring that all the important information is included in this installment. There is a lot going on in this book. There are several storylines that are slowing coming together. Although I quickly figured out all the clues, it was still an enjoyable read.

I did feel that some of the chapters were too short and
Holly
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a highly complicated book, not for the casual read. While it is easy to work out what's coming (I had the ending figured by 15% of the way through), it us an entertaining read that does bring you from one page to the next with ease. The plot with Tarin, Graham, Dorothea and the like is a twisting, turning ride that will bring you to the end with s huddering halt.

4/5
Apr 23, 2019
Loretta Allison
Oct 07, 2017
Deceitful Truths by Maggie Thom 2 4 Mar 04, 2014 02:11PM

• The Cavanaugh House (Cavanaugh House #1)
  • Scared to Death (Detective Kay Hunter #1)
  • Don't Lie to Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #1)
  • Exchange Rate (Worth of Souls #2)
  • Suitcase Girl (Abby Kane FBI Thriller #7; Suitcase Girl Trilogy #1)
  • Worth of Souls (Worth of Souls #3)
  • The Other Side of The Bridge
Want to take an adventure beyond your fingertips?
Award winning author, Maggie Thom loves the challenge of creating a web of secrets, lies and deceit. She doesn’t want you to figure it out until the end. Author of The Caspian Wine Suspense/Thriller/Mystery Series – Captured Lies (Award Winning) and Deceitful Truths with Split Seconds about to be published – and her other individual novels Tainted W

Caspian Wine (2 books)
  • Captured Lies (Caspian Wine, #1)

News & Interviews