Start by marking “Bad Dad” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,090 Ratings  ·  382 Reviews
My son is my life. Nothing on earth matters but him.

Soon, I’ll have to send him out into society. The cruel machine that gnashes innocence and spits out the hollowed remains of a child’s imagination. It’s a place I know all too well, considering my past. I’ve worked hard to separate myself from it, but it looms in the back of my mind—waiting for the perfect moment to strik
Published December 27th 2017

Natalie The Biblioholic
I'm gonna apologize right now for this vague review. It's just that the hero, Landon, was so complex and I love him so much, that I don't want to spoil anything about this story for you. Just know that Landon was everything. EVERYTHING!! Oh yeah, I don't want to forget the awesomeness of Logan or Joe. Yup, Joe was a very close runner-up for my affections ;)

Bad Dad was the complete opposite from what I was expecting and I loved it!! Seriously, this was nothing like what I’ve become used to fr
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Cora Chapman was starting over her life back in her hometown. As a teacher, she took pride in her profession. Caring for her students was a second nature to her. But her life started to change when she garnered the attention of one of her student's father.

Landon Lane strived to be nondescript. However, being a fighter made him stood out even when he was laying low. He wanted something more in his life, but his past could
CC
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

Well wow that was unexpected! Sorry but the title of this book turned me off. It is really horrible. Buuut a couple of my friends had given it great reviews so I said what the hell.

It was a great book. I absolutely loved Landon. And Logan was adorable. There was so much going on it kept me locked in from the beginning. And I was truely suprised by the ending!

Based on the fight scenes, I was pretty sure it was a male author. But I also think that really made the relationship between La
NMmomof4
DNF @ 38%

Not a book for me.

I didn't understand/feel their connection, and I didn't necessarily like either character that much either tbh. The h started clenching her thighs from the first interaction and I was in a constant state of eye rolling. They shared their "ILYs" already by 29ish% and I didn't understand it at all!

It also felt like a Tillie Cole Raze rip off.

Once it got to the point that the H said that he was (view spoiler)
CC
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

For the last ten years, Landon Lane learned how to adapt to different situations but running from the shadows of his past proved to have consequences. As a single dad, he’s avoided romantic entanglements and has gone to great lengths to protect his son, but now Landon has a chance at freedom. With more at stake then just his well being, he makes a decision that will impact those close to him.

“Don’t ever let someone call you weak for feeling something. Ever.”

Emma Hart is an elementary school t
Snow
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

April
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well yippee ki yay motherfucker. This book was absolutely fucking perfect. I’m not even sure how to word my review right now, it’s taking me forever and it’s why I’m currently sat up at 2:21am still figuring out what to write. I’m in absolute awe, this book was more than I expected and so unpredictable.

~
Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
~

I won’t go into much details, I hate giving spoilers so I’m just gonna say the story of Cora and Landon is absolutely captivating. As soon as y
Tre Talbot
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 flipping you the bird stars!
This book had everything you can imagine. We’re given suspense, drama, laughter, a family bond and a beautiful love story. Landon is not your average man and Cora gets to to know him on a deeper level then anyone else and it all started because she’s the teacher of his son Logan. I was consumed with this storyline it’s not one you read everyday and it’s truly original. Joe is absolutely hilarious and you learn quickly that even this man has a heart of gold. I’m try
Carol
2.5 stars.
Picked this up as I really enjoyed Bossed and Scored by this author.
Sadly this one did not work for me at all.
Somehow I just kept on reading it anyway, like observing a car wreck unfold right in front of you (this book actually includes a scene with a car wreck ironically).
When I found out that Landon was genetically engineered to be strong and raised on a secluded island to fight and become a soldier- I think that I should have thrown in the towel then.
Actually he wasn't even my bigge
Susan
Love and Power

Since I first discovered that the writing of women's contemporary romance in the hands of an authentic male author, through reading Sloane Howell's books, I have been enamored of this writer and his perspective. There is a different turn of phrase in the erotica that makes the read decidedly different...decidedly male. This is enough to keep me reading anything new he writes.

"Bad Dad" is indeed part romance, but there were so many other elements present in the story line that make
Lady Heather

It's ON SALE for 99 CENTS!

FREE w/ Kindle Unlimited.

It's only at this low price for a few days so make sure you snag a copy! This is a 116k word (approx 400 pgs) standalone romance.

BUY LINKS:

photo bad dad banner.jpg

Date of Release: December 27, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance

photo bad dad cover.jpg

This was such a fantastic read!
This book had it all.
There was action, suspense, myst
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

What a completely different kind of story from Sloane Howell is Bad Dad.

I wasn't really sure what to expect with this one. After reading the blurb I was kind of expecting a lighter story.

However what we get is a darker,gripping story of a single dad and is son.

Landon Lane, father to Logan is not what you could call bad, however his situation could be.

He is a bit of an odd duck, however as the story continues you can understand why he is how he is.

Enter Cora, and
Sloane Howell
Dec 26, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BAD DAD is LIVE!

ON SALE for 99 CENTS and FREE with Kindle Unlimited.

Price goes up to $4.99 soon!

BAD DAD is a 116k word (approx 450 pg) full-length standalone novel. It contains one bonus chapter for a future release.

Buy Links:

Amazon US ☛ http://amzn.to/2BSm0IZ
Amazon UK ☛ https://goo.gl/oD1V6r
Amazon AU ☛ https://goo.gl/3MzevS
Amazon CA ☛ https://goo.gl/WP9ir5

Hope you all enjoy this one! Thank you for reading!
Kathryn  CLiK Book Blog
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bad Dad - Sloane Howell

An incredible story of love, resilience and overwhelming perseverance.

Cora Chapman escaped her controlling parent, moving to New York to study teaching but now she’s back in Desire Montana, her Home town, ready to build an independent life for herself.

Landon Lane is the quiet enigma father of one of Cora’s students, Logan. Cora can’t help her instant interest and attraction to the big man but Landon just keeps everyone at arms distance. He’s only concern is for his son an
Reading After Dark
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read a review of Bad Dad by Sloane Howell.

If you like your romance to have just a little bit more, this is an awesome read for you. Also, how can you go wrong with an alpha former military/MMA hero, single dad? The answer is you don’t.

Landon and Cora don’t meet under the best circumstances. After an incident on the playground, parents are called into school and Cora finds herself acting as a referee. Sparks fly between Landon and Cora but to be together they will have to navigate some sticky soc
Mercedes
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Landon Lane is hiding in a quaint town in Montana trying his best to keep his past from catching up with him and his son Logan. Logan's second grade teacher shouldn't factor into this equation at all, but once Landon catches a glimpse of Ms. Chapman, he's hard-pressed to stay away.
I'm a warrior for my family.
Cora Chapman's come back to Montana after going to school and teaching in New York. She missed the quiet of Montana, the mountains and the cool air; her new second grade class is a dream
Tracy Reads
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow What an absolutely amazing story!
Now let me begin by saying at times I wanted to strangle Cora she came across to ditzy at times for my liking and had the book not have been as great as it was I would have binned it because of that but.. the story itself had me on the edge of my seat at times and I was at war with my self about rushing or savouring this book. Some of the words in this book make you stop and think what?? did you just say that? what the hell is wrong with this guy?? but all w
Crystal B
3 this took me fooooorrrreevvvvver* to finish!!
BookSmacked
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bad Dad is one of those reads that will have you all wrapped up in the storyline, the characters and the suspense of it all.

Landon Lane what can I even say about him other then he's a bit mysterious, a lotta alpha, protective and he gives off this energy that you can't deny.

Landon and Cora's relationship you could say is forbidden with her being his son's teacher. Their first encounter you could feel the chemistry there. Cause let me just say that Landon's appearance at the beginning makes an
Karen Mc
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sloane Howell has written a story that’s UNIQUE and unlike anything you've read before. Bad Dad is DARINGLY DIFFERENT—a superhero comic that comes to life!!! You’ll fall in love with the intense hero—so complex and so caring too.

Action-packed. Intense. Intriguing. Endearing. Bad Dad BUZZES with excitement and hums with desire. This romantic suspense is as SWEET as it is SPINE-TINGLING and SEXY. Bad Dad’s HEART-POUNDING ACTION and CLEVER PLOT will have you CLAMORING FOR MORE.

🌟🌟🌟🌟 heart-stirring
Nikki
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy wow this book is just everything!
Sloane Howell has yet again smashed it by bringing us something so different and unique jammed full of fun.. mystery.. suspense and ALL the feels you can imagine!
There is so much that i want to say about this story but i really dont want to give anything away as i want every reader to be able to go in and just love reading every word just like what i did.
I can say this book is about MMA fighter Landon Lane who is a single dad to a fab little boy Logan (so
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Don't let the title fool you - this dad is AMAZING!!!

BAD DAD has left me totally speechless - it was BRILLIANT!! Sloane Howell you have totally knocked me off my feet with this one. For a man who is constantly humourous and always ready to make people laugh, Sloane Howell certainly knows how to write a serious story, one that is full of angst, gritty, intense and with twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I literally could not put it down! Landon Lane owned this story, h
Jamie
I went into this book 95% blind. I didn't read past the first sentence of the synopsis. This book came up in my feed with four star ratings by four of my GR friends. So, I trusted in their judgement (though I did not read their reviews at this point) and dove in. Oh, it's also the first Sloane Howell book I've read.
It Was Awesome!
The only thing I disliked about this book is the title.
Seriously.
It's exciting. A bit Angsty. Heartwarming. Really funny. Sexy. Thrilling. And even a bit mysterious.
I m
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like

Once upon a time there was a reviewer that thought she had an interesting plot in her hands. “Bad Dad” by Sloane Howell sounded interesting and it sparked something when I read it. On the surface without looking closer it sounded like a romance between a teacher and a parent. But there were things in that plot that sounded darker. And I like darker – I like darker a lot.
So what’s a girl to do ? well go for the book and read it – right.

So imagine my surprise … I found romance … I unfolded befor
Red Cheeks Reads
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 SMOOCHES!

This is the third book I’ve read by Sloane Howell this year, and I am once again impressed by his ability to weave an interesting, intricate story. I loved both Bossed and Scored, his two connected yet standalone sports-themed romantic comedies. Howell’s writing truly captivated me in both of those books, and I was excited to get my hands on this one. Very different from his romcoms in both tone and delivery, Bad Dad was a fresh and unusual story that pulled me right in from the sta
Ebony (Eb's Dirty Diary)
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Of course before I start my review I have to say thank you to Sloane Howell. This is the first ARC I've received from Sloane Howell and I was NOT disappointed. So, thank you Sloane! Not everyone gets this opportunity and I am happy to have been one of the lucky ones. You're the best love!!!!

Now, on to the good stuff ....

Like so many of Sloane Howell's books, I was super fucking impressed with Bad Dad. This book was everything and had everything!

Bad Dad tells the story of school teacher Cora Chap
Danielle Cordsen
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By Sloane Howell

💕📚⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐📚💕

In Bad Dad go in with your eyes wide open because it’s going to take you on an emotional journey. I’ve added the authors blurb because it’s better than I could do.

AUTHORS BLURB:He has a past. Could she be his future?

My son is my life. Nothing on earth matters but him.

Akd
**4 'Project' Stars**

***One gorgeous, forceful finger commanded everything in the room and even the storm outside seemed to shut the hell up.***

What a sweet and heart pounding book!

Wow, this one was a complete unexpected book. I was surprised in a good way.

Landon isn't a normal human being. No he has a shady and violent past. He was born to become a trained, skilled assassin.

Whereas Cora aka Courage is a simple teacher, who happens to bolt the moment things get complicated.

*** wanted to
Ashley
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap on a cracker! Sloane knocked it out of the park with this one!

There are a few things I would like to say about Bad Dad and Sloane.

I am absolutely in love with Sloane's writing! I had no idea how much I love descriptions in a book until this one. He describes everything to where I could picture the charcters to a tee. I don't watch MMA but I sure felt like I was in the ring with Landon. I felt every punch he gave or took. It's so hard to describe those things without getting it all mixe
Sloane Howell lives in the Midwest United States and writes hot romance stories. A former college baseball player turned author, when not reading or writing he enjoys hanging out with his family, watching sports, playing with the dogs, traveling, and engaging his readers on social media. You can almost always catch him goofing off on Facebook or Twitter and trying to convince Mrs. Howell that it i ...more
“What you reading?” She fanned her face. “Something I shouldn’t be in front of people.” 0 likes
“I was on an island again.” 0 likes