Start by marking “This Is How You Survive” as Want to Read:
This Is How You Survive

This Is How You Survive

Bad news: No one is coming to save you.

Good news: You can save yourself.

THIS IS HOW YOU SURVIVE is a poetry collection of moments and a happy book before anything else.

With poems such as "I Think It's Brave" and "You Can Save Yourself," This Is How You Survive represents the circular journey of life. It does not shy away from grief and healing, or joy and anger.

It simply
Published November 5th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about This Is How You Survive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Is How You Survive

Lana Cindric
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Pretty good, if I may say so myself.
Natalie
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh, what can I say about this book?

I've been reading Lana's poetry on tumblr ever since she has started writing it and this collection is such a wonderful, monumental showcase of her talent and development as a poet and as a writer.
The book itself is divided into three parts, but you hardly notice that while reading; the flow is seamless, dreamlike, more of a one stream-of-consciousness than separate story and that's good, cause, well, it IS one story. Lana's story but not exclusively; I believ
Soha Ahmed
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Her poems filled me with power, hope and- most importantly- faith in myself, my worth. Because sometimes "survival" seems more fitting to describe this crazy journey called Life, where you have to fight for your place in the world and this- this is how you survive.
Jenny
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was Lana's poem titled "Spread Your Wings" which was what first drew me to her writings. As someone who has been struggling with depression, her words were like a comforting and strangely empowering source of hope. This Is How You Survive is no different. Her collection of poetry meets me exactly where I am without glossing over the dark and ugly parts of day-to-day healing. She holds so gracefully the darkness and light, hope and despair, and joy and anger of what it truly means to be alive. ...more
Mitta Thakrar
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is magical.

Everyone should buy it! Lana explores mental health, feminism, self-love, self-discovery and just how tough life can be in this memorizing book. You can feel the raw emotion in the pages, she brings certain scenes to life in a way that I haven't seen in poetry before. I usually take a picture of my favourite poem of a book to share on social media but I couldn't pick one, every single poem is just so incredible and moving. It's one of those books that will get you through a
Mare
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-the-shelf
I really don't know where to start. Clearly Lana has a gift. I wouldn't have been so excited to purchase her first book of poetry if she didn't. This Is How You Survive, though...I just wasn't prepared. Wtf. Lana's poetry is just so relatable and human. She made me feel like a PERSON for the first time in a long time. Big smiles, fat tears and all. Thank you so much for this <3
Isabelle
Incredible. Every poem shines, vivid and relatable and inspirational. Lana has a wonderful writing voice and wields it expertly, a force of chaos and persistence and humanly flawed life. (Also, shoutout to Bethany — the book cover is gorgeous, perfectly fitting for its lovely contents.)
Sabrina
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If poetry speaks from the heart then a heart of pure poetry and talent, Lana Rafaela Cindric has. I cannot recommend her book more than enough. She is laying down foundations of hope and reaching out to her fellow human beings in so many ways with her great collections of poems. As the words and the very sentences they construction proves that is is gifted writer. And to quote another favourite author of mine "she got her GIRL FORCE on", meaning I think she is one tough, thoughtful and caring pe ...more
Valerie
Sarah Woods
Nov 02, 2018
Andrea Pm
Nov 14, 2018
Lana Rafaela Cindric is a writer, and a big fan of neon and cryptozoology. After all, what's a world without chupacabras?

Her first poetry collection, This Is How You Survive has been known to make people grab their cowboy boots and go off in the chasing of their personal joy, so caution is advised (or at least a sturdy suitcase).