Start by marking “Dark Flash 2” as Want to Read:
Dark Flash 2

Dark Flash 2

Ten stories of dark fantasy, science fiction, and horror. Wolves and angels, witches and robots, beasts and lost children...there's a bit of everything in this collection of flash fiction! All ten stories originally appeared on R.B. Wood's Word Count Podcast, and are now available as an ebook for the first time. This is a sequel of sorts to Dark Flash, published in 2016.
ebook
Published December 4th 2017 by Maria Haskins

To ask other readers questions about Dark Flash 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Flash 2

Leo McBride
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In that sleepy land known as Once Upon A Time, I was in an anthology alongside Maria Haskins - Tales From Alternate Earths - so consider me biased, if you will.
She's a fabulous writer, though, and here she carves out ten pieces of a modern mythology. All of the stories are from her contributions to RB Wood's Word Count podcast - and you can hear each of these pieces of flash fiction featured over there.
There are reapers and red hoods, magpies and Martian light, and there's an exquisite poignance
Maria
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maria Haskins is a poet as well as a fiction writer and I think this gives her a distinct edge when it comes to writing intricate and thought-provoking prose. Her fiction is faultless and the perfect sentences push the stories forward in a natural flow that entices the reader and keeps you hooked throughout. Her stories are gripping. Some are quite dark in theme and content but they are so addictive. This collection of 10 stories contains flash fiction written for a podcast. Each story was promp ...more
Darcia Helle
I have a serious case of writer envy. I want to wield words with precision the way Maria Haskins does. When I read her stories, I always say, "I want to be like her when I grow up." Except I'm older than she is, but anyway...

Maria Haskins has the ability to capture oh so much with few words, and therefore she excels at short fiction in a way few authors do. Each of these stories immediately grabbed hold of me, spun me around, and showed me something totally unexpected. I felt the emotions on a v
Jennifer Hudak
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a gorgeous little collection of flash pieces, from SF to fairy-tale retellings to eerie fantasy. I read the whole collection in one sitting, and I’m enchanted.
Doug
Mar 13, 2018
S.
marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2018
I'm a Swedish-Canadian writer and translator. I write speculative fiction and poetry, and debuted as a writer in Sweden in the 1980s. Since 1992 I live in Canada, just outside Vancouver, with a husband, two kids, and a very large black dog.