Start by marking “Hot Cocoa, Green Tea, And The Man Who Sweetened My Heart” as Want to Read:
Hot Cocoa, Green Tea, And The Man Who Sweetened My Heart

Hot Cocoa, Green Tea, And The Man Who Sweetened My Heart

Stephanie had been held hostage in an abusive marriage for nearly twelve years. She was manipulated, controlled and abused by her mentally unstable husband. The last physical altercation drove Stephanie to begin a new life, alone, just her and her ten-year-old son, Ray.

Stephanie made an exit plan. She would find a new school for Ray, a full-time job and a place to live and
ebook
Published December 1st 2017 by Emerging Edge Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Cocoa, Green Tea, And The Man Who Sweetened My Heart

Start your review of Hot Cocoa, Green Tea, And The Man Who Sweetened My Heart
Mrs Stacy
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable read which was difficult to put down
This is an emotionally charged story about the way in which Stephanie, the main character, negotiates her way through a new life with her son, Ray, following their escape from a relationship where Stephanie was subjected to domestic abuse.
All Stephanie ever wanted was a better life for herself and Ray. She sets about getting herself a new job and finding them a new place to live.
Through her work, she meets Mark who quickly becomes a con
Janine
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An emotionally charged story about starting over after a divorce.

Reading this book was like a peek into someone’s most private thoughts. My heart went out to Stephanie and what she went through with her abusive husband and trying to start her life over after she left him. Having experience in abusive relationships, I could easily relate to the fears and emotions Stephanie had.

One of the highlights of the story was Mark, a customer that Stephanie met at the bookstore café where she worked. He w
Tara Cignarella
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second novel by Deanna Martinez-Bey I had had the pleasure to read. Although I love the first, this one is my favorite. A simple story that is so complex and heartfelt you won’t forget it or mix it up with any other novels out there. Her books are well written, emotional, and very real.
These characters can be anyone, a friend, a neighbor, a co-worker, or a family member. In a very difficult world Deanna reminds a reader that good people exist. A very enjoyable heartfelt novel that I
Lisa
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story ought to be a Lifetime, Hallmark, Tyler Perry, or Netflix movie! It is the story of an overcomer who had to make the strong decision to move out from an abusive relationship. It starts with this and tells how the character overcame her challenges and moved on to a better life. It is an inspirational story about how taking high risks could result in high outcomes, essentially to survive.
Danica Trebel
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Literally Couldn’t Put It Down!

I have a hard time reading books on a screen, but I literally couldn’t put this one down! It’s got all the elements, starting with gut-wrenching pain and ending with a full heart. This is one author you MUST read...time and time again!!!
Kelsie Newby
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Change is possible and this book is proof that following your dreams and working hard can work out even for the least of us. From the beginning we are deep in the memories of an overbearing, abusive husband and taken on a roller coaster of hope, faith and the healing kind of love.
Judy
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed my attention from the very beginning and held it throughout. I couldn't put it down because I wanted to know what happened next. It's an easy read and well written.I thoroughly enjoyed reading Hot Cocoa, Green Tea and the Man Who Sweetened my Heart!
James Owens