Start by marking “No Cage for a Crow” as Want to Read:
No Cage for a Crow

No Cage for a Crow

Sherlock Holmes has become legend, but his sister was lost to history.

In one hellish night, Morrigan Holmes ruined everything: her home, her family, her confidence, and her name. Fleeing scandal, loss, and grief, her only choice is to run, but London’s gaslit streets are not kind to young women alone.
Within hours, she discovers the horrors of homelessness and the terrible
Published May 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about No Cage for a Crow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Cage for a Crow

M.R. Graham
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Yes, my own book, but it is the work of decades, and I do happen to be rather fond of it.
Randi
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
AAAAH so exciting! Not only was it hard to put down, but I was dazzled by the atmosphere (historical details, description) and the characterization. Also, as I mentioned in a previous update, it was just plain fun to read a young Sherlock. So serious, but also sometimes inevitably boyish. ^^ (Dare I say "adorably"?) Morrigan was also a highly sympathetic character--clever but vulnerable, and full of heart. Definitely recommend this!
Brandi DeLoach
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written...

After reading the forward, I was hooked. The story itself started a little slow, but it wasn't enough for me to put down. Actually, I didn't put it down -- I read straight through the night. I am looking forward to reading about the adventures of Morrigan Holmes and the others.
Tanya
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her brother Sherlock began famous while she lost everything and ended in her being homeless. She is soon in the middle of a mystery like her brother. She needs to solve it and find a missing baby. Will she solve it? See if she will

Pat Eroh
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maybe because I am such a fan of Sherlock Holmes, I loved this story. Morrigan Holmes is just as interesting as Sherlock and this story will grab you and pull you into the era and the intrigue. When I read a story like this, I realize how much better our lives today because I know how stark the class contrast was and how poorly women were treated. This vivid reminder is just one of the reasons I loved this book. Another is that is it not just a copy of Sir Arthur's style. And the mysterious note ...more
Mindy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sherlock Holmes Sister

Victorian Era setting for coming of age style story with strong femall lead. My croft and Sherlock's sister proves that not just the boys have skills
Pamela
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Holmes Family

Very interesting combination of characters! I would recommend this to anyo who likes an Aretha Christie and Shelock Holmes time period.
StephanieE
Kelly Matthews
Catherine Wright
Cindy
Aug 20, 2018
USA Today bestselling author M.R. Graham is a native Texan who traces strong cultural roots back to Scotland, Poland, and England. A mild-mannered PhD student during the day, Graham transforms at night into a raging Holmesian loremaster and rabid novelist.
Though passionate about all scholarship and academia, Graham's training and true love lies with anthropology, particularly the archaeological br