Start by marking “Vampire Claus” as Want to Read:
Vampire Claus

Vampire Claus

’Twas the night before Christmas, but what’s stirring is a little more dangerous than a mouse.

Taviano is nearly two hundred years old and never wakes in the same place twice. Weary and jaded, the vampire still indulges in memories of childhood Christmases in Naples. He lingers in shadow, spying on mortals as they enjoy the holiday.

When Taviano spots a handsome young man i
Published November 15th 2017 by Robert Winter Books

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Vampire Claus is the first book I have read by Robert Winter. This is a short, and dare I say sweet, vampire m/m Christmas story that I was glad to add to my Christmas reading this year.

Taviano is a two hundred year old vampire. He has never slept in the same place more than one night. In his culture, vampires claim areas as their own feeding ground. Another vampire can not remain in another’s claimed area or they are asking for trouble. It’s almost Christmas and Taviano still remembers the joys
☆ Todd
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

Total cover crush here, folks. I'll admit it.

So imagine my delight when the story from this new-to-me author turned out to be good as well.

At 22, Taviano was turned into a vampire against his will and had since roamed the earth for nearly two centuries, never spending more than a single night in the same place. He saw himself as a monster, so he had resigned himself to his nomadic existence, which was more than he felt he deserved.

And then he met, funny, charming, and eternally-upbeat 24 y.
Nancy
Cross-posted at Shelf Inflicted and at Outlaw Reviews

Taviano was just 22 when he was turned into a vampire nearly 200 years ago. Having spent many years wandering, the lonely, nomadic vampire has decided to observe the city of Boston from the top of St. Stephen’s. The evening mass, the snowfall, and the Christmas trees seen through apartment windows, all make Taviano long for his childhood in Naples, Italy.

With his human life now over, Taviano skulks around in the dark, taking nourishment from
Tanu Gill
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it

It was an okay book, great at times, and pretty meh at others. I loved Taviano’s character, he was an amazingly endearing vampire. But Paul’s lingo was a bit jarring to me. Everytime he would talk in that way of his, my head would snap back at the contrast to Taviano’s cultured, courteous language.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

This is not a typical vampire story. Winter's vampire thinks of his otherness as a beast lurking inside him. There's Taviano, the human who died in 19th century Italy, and then there's the dark monster who wants to drink blood, fight, and destroy. Taviano has been a slave to his beast for nearly 200 years.

But when Taviano meets the sweet and naive Paul one Christmas Eve (by stopping Paul from getting mugged and worse), everything changes. The beast doesn't want to hurt or kill Paul. The be
Shin Mon Thway
I think this is a heartwarming and sweet holiday novella with a different approach to holiday theme. I was surprised by how much I think the novella is well-written and attractive given that this is only a 97 pages novella. 😊 Sweet, a bit angsty, exciting and thrilling. 💝

Taviano, a two hundred years old vampire, who never stays in one place more than one night, traveling across the world aimlessly searching for something or may be someone whom he didn’t even know what he’s looking for. Lonely,
Fabi
Wow wow wow, Winter stuns again with his brilliant writing.

This isn't a story I would have picked up for myself but I simply can't resist Robert Winter's writing. I've read everything he's published so far and have enjoyed every single story. From age-gap to mystery/suspense to PNR, he covers tropes like they were in his personal sandbox to play with.

In this lovely PNR Christmas novella we meet old Italian vampire Taviano whose basic goodness has not dimmed in the hundreds of years he's unwillin
Karla
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!

This was such a sweet quick read perfect for this holiday season.

“Vampire Claus” is the story of Taviano his an almost 200 year old vampire who has travel the world and now finds himself feeling adrift, after being alone so many years. A chance encounter brings into his life Paul, who seems to pull in his long forgotten emotions and wishing for things he never thought he could have.

Loved both characters they were so different but complemented each other perfectly. Taviano who had s
Barbara➰
I really, really enjoyed this holiday novella. It was definitely a different take on being a vampire and how it's a separate entity from its human host. Not to mention, the magic that is involved. I was left with wanting more of these two for sure and how they will live life from here on out.

Taviano was amazing. I absolutely LOVED him. He was the perfect hero and a sexy Italian vampire to boot. I struggled a bit with Paul. I loved his attitude and he’s willing to help others. He really was a goo
Deborah
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I can’t review this book without mentioning the fabulous cover, I mean the cover alone guaranteed I’d read this book.

Now the book itself, I do love a good vampire book and what’s better than a handsome tortured soul turned against his will and battling his inner demon?

There was so much about this book I liked.
Taviano was fabulous as the nearly two hundred year old melancholy vampire who’s spends his time alone and on the move.
I liked the inner demon and the ichor in fact I liked the vampires tha
Susan
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this! I’m not always a fan of vampires, but Taviano was so sweet, I really liked him.

Taviano is a hundred and ninety-four year old vampire roaming the street looking for someone to feed from. Taviano only feeds from bad men though, so when he sees three men stalking a lone figure he knows they are planning on robbing the poor man.

Before they can hurt the man, Taviano grabs them, feeds from them and alters their memories. Of course the man, Paul, has seen everything and needs his memory a
Trio
Robert Winter’s stories are always creative and completely unique, and he has outdone himself with Vampire Claus. This novelette is complex and a bit dark, and Winter weaves an intriguing tale with a positive and hopeful message. These are characters I definitely hope to see more of in the future.

Feeling nostalgic for the Christmases of his youth, and reminiscing about his boyhood lover, the vampire Taviano stops to peer in on a Christmas Eve Mass. When Taviano hears a commotion and intervenes
Cadiva
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

This was ace! Robert Winter's festive fare really hit the heights for me, I loved Taviano the jaded vampire wondering what it was all about and sweet Paul, who he saves from a mugging.

The Boston setting felt like another character as well although it just gently anchored the story in the background but I got a real feel for Little Italy and the foggy and potentially dangerous streets.

Paul was seriously f
Maria
There is nothing like a smoking hot, 200-year-old lonely vampire at Christmas time. What to do , what to do ...

Taviano, you had me at your old world name. So charming.

He sees beautiful, young Paul who is about to be robbed by thugs and saves him. Paul was carrying gifts on his way to a local LGBT shelter to be a secret Santa.

Well, chemistry and kindness ensue and I’m content in my Christmas miracle flow until Paul had to go and open his mouth. The street dialect was out of character, silly and
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

So... I’m thinking this here would make a really great full length novel.

How absolutely fabulous would it be to get all this at a nice pace? To really get into it and the MC’s heads? To find out all the - little/not so little – things these two would have to navigate their way over and around to make this work???

My mind is like already going a 100 miles an hour with the possibilities!

I’m thinking – long-time consumption of ichor in any form, h
Denise H.
*** Sweet ! A heartwarming, exciting Vampire Christmas romance ! Two hundred year old Vampire,
Taviano is passing through,

when he's sitting on the belfry looking around Boston.

He spots a man laden with packages who is about to be mugged. It is big hearted Paul, 22, who is bringing gifts

to the LGBT teen youth center. Taviano swoops in to get rid of the evil attackers.

This Christmas tale with a twist is fun, heartwarming and sexy. We learn a few different things about Vampires; like this (view
Eugenia
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, mm, holiday
Christmas Blood Magic!

This was a devastatingly sweet and original Christmas short. Taviano, a two hundred year old vampire finds himself listening to Christmas mass atop a church in Boston. Below him he spies a young man loaded down with presents about to get mugged. He swoops down and saves Paul from the thugs. Thus our MCs meet.

What was original about this was the take on vampirism. Here, there was a duality to the condition where the once human body hosted a blood demon. The two fought for co
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it

“Touching instead of taking. Kissing instead of drinking.”

This is not your typical vampire tale. And I loved it! Robert Winter’s Vampire Claus is my first vampire holiday read and oh-what-a-surprise it is! I could feel the magical spirit of Christmas Eve here in these pages. The hush of snow falling, the soft touch of spirit and soul, and the twinkle and joy of giving were all wrapped up in warmth and memories and life.

Taviano, a 200 year old vampire, is watching from high above the city of Bos
Sara
5 Hearts!

I love Christmas. I don’t love the commercialization of the holiday but I love the traditions that I have kept with me from a young girl to the traditions I make as an adult. Growing up Catholic, Christmas had a mystical and almost mythical feeling to it with the rituals we had at home as well as at church. So you can see, finding a Christmas story that deals with Catholicism fondly was a blessing for me. Oh, there is also an Italian Vampire who misses mass, has a heartbreaking back st
Robert Winter
Oct 27, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My paranormal Christmas novella Vampire Claus is coming on November 15th! Vampire Claus will be available for preorder approximately one week before the release date, in paperback and on Kindle Unlimited. I had a lot of fun writing this one. It's a change of pace from my contemporary stories but I hope the romance still shines through.
Lisazj1
Different certainly, for both a vampire tale and a holiday story. I quite liked it. I like this author’s writing and the way he spins his stories.

Hot, short and sweet with bits of Christmas warmth mixed in, I enjoyed reading!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
This could have been a super cool, new take on Vampires.

Well, I guess it was still that, mostly.

The story was interesting. The love was sweet, a bit creepy at the end, maybe? The lore was refreshing, a little odd, but different enough and I was into it. What I wasn't into was Paul. No wait. I liked Paul, at least the idea of Paul. I just wish he never opened his mouth and uttered a word. Really. The slang he used, which I didn't know 80% of, yes, I am ancient, made me want to gag and kept pullin
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.5 Stars

This is probably my favorite Winter/Christmas themed book of the past several years. From the distinctive Vampire mythology - resembling more how shifters are described as having separate, cognizant inner beasts - to the absolutely spot on current slang, this is one story I could see myself reading each Holiday season. (I loved how Taviano struggled to understand half of what Paul was saying!)

The sex was ridiculously hot...but it was also much more erotic and sensual in nature than a lo
Bitchie

This vampire story took me back to the good old days of vampire romance, with the tortured vampire with a good heart, who lives alone for centuries, only feeding when he has to, and then, only feeding on the worst of society, always hating what he's become. But then Taviano meets Paul, and of course, everything changes. Paul is different, and for the first time in decades, Taviano finds himself drawn to another person. I didn't really like the twist of who Paul was, and to be honest, Paul's way
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
3.5 stars.

First (shallow) things first: sexy cover is sexy.

It’s a tale as old as time, at least when it comes to paranormal romance: a tortured and tormented vampire saves a sweet yet sassy human – and the human saves him back. While this story does incorporate some of the more common aspects of vampire folklore, it nevertheless felt fresh and fun. And yes, I just referred to a demon as fun. Winter's conceptualization of vampirism is innovative.

For me, Taviano was the star of the story. As I no
Kazza
1.5 stars.
I love paranormal and this sounded like a really interesting Christmas spin with a vampire. But I cannot see why there is so much love for this book. It's like a gay quasi-Twilight with characters I just could not get into and dialogue that left me cringing.

Taviano is one hundred and ninety years old, but twenty-two at his turning, and Paul, whom he helps when he's being mugged with gifts for local LGBTQ+ kids, is twenty-four. I didn't understand the attraction of either man, and ther
Elsbeth
*4,5 stars*

This was awesome.

I loved the idea that there was still some human left in the vampire Taviano. And Taviano jearned for human contact.... And he wanted Paul. Paul that trusted him and was quite endeared by his fangs.

The desire he felt was nothing like the blood hunger that his demon normally radiated. Rather, it seemed to want him to do this for himself.

Some unusual twists at the end. Yep, I loved this.

description
Rohit
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
The only happening moment for me was when the vampire realises that if he cums deep in the human, then the human may retain that cum for the next couple hours and use it for healing powers for cuts and gashes. That’s it. And I’d rather watch hetero reruns of Buffy if this is what vampire stories mean to M/M genre. So a meh read all in all.
Manfred
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a short but really good Christmas story.
The idea of a Vampire who was becoming a priest before being turned into a Vampire and who still loved to watch the church goers from afar, was really sweet and sad at the same time. I also loved Paul, who was such a nice guy, poor but kind and fierce at the same time. His slang, that bothered several reviewers, was maybe a little strange, but after all, he was an Italian boy, thrown out by his head Emily for being gay and growing up on the street
Lelyana
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it

"Every great love story begins somewhere. Maybe this is ours..."

Very different Christmas story, and I had so much fun. What Paul and Taviano have, is definitely a humans and vampires dreams come true. I enjoyed Paul and Taviano. Paul is adorable, and Taviano cannot deny his charm. Well, all ends well, and everybody's happy.
Ho-ho-ho...Meeeeeery Christmas!

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Gaudete
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • The Winter Spirit
  • Dear Ruth (2017 Advent Calendar Daily - Stocking Stuffers)
  • Humbug
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Desperately Seeking Santa
  • Better Not Pout
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • The Mistletoe Effect
  • A Cop for Christmas
  • Disarming Donner (North Pole City Tales, #5)
  • Not Just for Christmas
  • Goldilocks and the Bear
  • Something to Believe In
  • Old Acquaintance (2015 Advent Calendar - Sleigh Ride)
  • Don't Plan to Stay
  • Love Happens Anyway
Robert Winter is a recovering lawyer who likes writing about hot men in love much more than drafting a legal brief. Once upon a time, he went to Georgetown University law school. Upon graduation, he moved to New York to work in a large law firm, but later returned to Washington, DC. The legal work was entertaining and Robert spent a lot of time in bankruptcy court, usually representing either grou ...more