Start by marking “The Lumberjack's Yuletide Bride: Country Brides & Cowboy Boots (A Cobble Creek Romance)” as Want to Read:

The Lumberjack's Yuletide Bride: Country Brides & Cowboy Boots

(Cobble Creek Romance)

Maddie Collins, first grade teacher at Cobble Creek Elementary, is not a man-hater. Sure, her absent father gave men a bad name, and her mother always warned her that high hopes were dangerous things, but Maddie still hopes to find a man who’ll return the love she has to offer. When lumberjack, Bear Schaefer takes an interest in her, Maddie allows her hopes to soar above t ...more
Published November 6th 2017 by Gelato Publishing LLC (first published November 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Lumberjack's Yuletide Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lumberjack's Yuletide Bride

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This was a charming read, sweet romance and fun small-town setting.

Maddie is beside herself when she learns her old high school crush is moving back to town. She’s hoping she will get an opportunity to meet up with the hunky, successful Bear Schaefer! Their first meeting doesn’t go quite as she has planned, but their chemistry is still off the charts!

Maddie was fun a character, a fun-loving first grade teacher. My three oldest kids are all in first grade, and I bet they’d love to have her as t
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute!

This was a quick, diverting, sweet romance. Great for curling up with on a cold winter evening. A great addition to a fun series!
Katie W
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first thought when I started this was, "Do lumberjacks really still exist or are they a tall tale like Paul Bunyon?" Well, hello Bear! I do believe they exist and I absolutely loved his role in the story.

Bear uses his fame to do good for the environment and to educate people and although he's big, larger-than-life, famous, and tough, he's got a tender core that completely melted me (along with Maddie, of course) down to my soul. Maddie is a first grade teacher and an amazing person, especial
Kathy Jo
Growing up, Maddie Collins didn't have the best example when it came to love and happily ever afters. Between her father leaving when she was a teenager and her mother turning into a full blown man hater because of it, it's a miracle that she even has dreams of falling in love. But Maddie has a lot of love to offer someone and she knows that there is someone special out there for her.

So imagine her surprise when she hears that her childhood crush, Bear Schaefer, is finally moving back home to C
Kimberly Krey
Nov 07, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I love Christmas romance reads, so I was so excited when the opportunity came to write one for the Country Bride and Cowboy Boots series! I really enjoyed stepping back into the quaint country charm of Cobble Creek and meeting some new characters along the way. Maddie and Bear have one of those almost-romance pasts, which makes their chance at romance this time, all the better. Hope you enjoy!
Cathy
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s always room for a great Christmas romance, even after Christmas! I was so glad to finally get to read this fun one by Kimberly Krey.

I loved her characters! Let’s start with Bear. He’s a logger, and he’s also the face of his company, Big Daddy Mills. I loved the way he stands up for himself to the daughter of the other half of his company, Kristen. Wow, I couldn’t stand that girl! Bear’s a sweetie and just right for first grade teacher, Maddie.

I loved Maddie! She’s the cutest with her fir
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

This was a cute short Christmas novella. It was kind of slow and I felt that the back and forth on Maddie’s part was not necessary. She had some serious insecurities and allowed her mom and sister to get in her head without checking her source. Mom was damaged and bitter and projected that onto both of her daughter’s really messing with their heads. It’s a shame really because a misunderstanding was blown way out of proportion and could have been avoided.

I
Pascale
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Lumberjack’s Yuletide Bride

-‘...”I think he could be your match.”

This is a sweet, clean story, suitable for all ages. It is a stand alone with no cliffhangers and no other characters to keep track of.
Bear is a lumberjack and, although he is as strong as a bear, inside resides a heart of gold and a true gentleman. Maddie is an elementary school teacher and a sweet lady as well. The two knew each other in elementary school and they grew up together and had mutual crushes on each other as tee
Cynthia
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It

Bear was a lumberjack like his family had always been. When his dad died he took the responsibility seriously. His father's partner daughter did promotion for the business but wanted more. Maddie was a teacher at the elementary school and they grew up together. Now he was back and realized she was still single. They had an almost moment in high school. But now it just might work.
Lynn Smith
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Lumberjack's Yuletide Bride

Cute and romantic. Maddie had crushed on Bear for years. Unknown to her he has felt the same. Sometimes things don't always go as smoothly as they should.
Beth
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
that cover pulled me in and I am such a fan of Kimberly. I love Christmas reads ... any time of the year ... they are so cozy, happy ending ... well written. great characters. fun read!! trying to recall if i have read books from Kimberly before? gotta check. ( ;
Chesney
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun quick read. Love her books!
Patti Hopper
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Really good romance. Written really well with enough clean steam to make it a read you'll remember. Love me a man named Bear 🎄
Donna Campbell
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed it

This was a fast paced story with some really great characters. I loved the lumberjack and the love he shared. This is a sweet, clean romance.
Robin Alford
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wiping my tears...

This book was such a great reminder that love still exists. Society and television has us so jaded and distrustful that it can be hard to read stories like this one, but this was definitely a redeemer!
Sara Summers
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

This was a fun read! I loved the characters and their romance was adorable. Cute, quick, and clean romance that I would definitely recommend!
Love
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First Crush Love

This is a great story about first crush love turning into forever love and growing and changing two families and and bringing some back home.
Jo-Anne
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wtr, own, review-requested
Maddie and Bear had crushes on each other in elementary school. Their lives had changed a lot over the years. Maddie stayed in Cobble Creek and teaches first grade in the same school they had attended. Bear is part owner of Big Daddy Mills and a lumberjack. He was away for several months, giving talks, but when he came back to town, it didn’t take long for sparks to fly between this couple. But can they get through the miscommunications that happen when a nasty ex from Bear’s past pops up?

Maddie
Rocky
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maddie and Bear

Bear is a lumberjack who has been on a promotional tour for his lumber company. The tour has finally ended and he is ready to give up the fame and bright lights and get back to his small hometown in the mountains of Wyoming. Maddie is a first grade teacher in the same hometown as Bear. In fact, when they were in high school together they had a near kiss before fate stepped in and it never happened. When Bear meets Maddie again, he is drawn to her beauty, both physically and morall
My2CentsBookReviews
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect book for your heart, humor modern romance with a touch of the classics - she you need the awww!

Bear the post man of the lumber organization has been under everyone's thumb and and too nice not to stand up for himself and hopefully it doesn't cost him love. Madrid a high school crush and she was devastated when he left the small town life. This has betrayal, bullying, man hater, abandonment, window, divorce, loyalty, romance, extended family, friendship and communication and t
Jacky
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet cute romance. The one thing I had a problem with was Maddie's reaction to a situation with Bear. She not only did not give him an opportunity to explain, she ran away and refused to communicate with him at all. This is behavior you would expect from a teenager, not an adult. Not to mention, she had that little faith in someone she supposedly loved. Admittedly, Bear should have told her about the situation, but Maddie could have avoided some of her heartache by just communicating.

Other tha
Kathy
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A clean, modern Christmas romance full of charm!

This is my first book I have read from Ms. Krey and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved Maddie the sweet first grade teacher and Bear, the giant, tender lumberjack. It was so easy to love these two people. Reading their love story unfold was perfectly written without sex, swearing or violence and appropriate for all ages. I enjoyed Kimberly's writing style very much. Her secondary characters were so enjoyable that I plan to read the entire series. Wel
Debra
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
The Lumberjack's Yuletide Bride

This is the first book of Kimberly Krey that I have read. I enjoyed the characters and their drama. Even the protagonist. Here the couple were reacquainted after several years after school. His job in the company was the company spokesperson. And with his rugged looks his nickname fit. But with that came his co partners daughter have him a hard time when he started dating his school teacher, also known as the girl from his youth. Will she sunk this budding relation
Bobbi Walker
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I really enjoyed reading about Maddie and Bear. There were plenty of reasons things could have gone wrong and every reason it shouldn't. A sweet Christmas story.
Shauna
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored Bear. What’s not to love? A perfect Christmas read, or anytime read, for a happy ending and lots of swoon.
Lynn
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! BEST ONE YET

More please.
Please write a sequel of these characters. This was the best book yet. All characters touched upon with new ones introduced. This needs more.
Heidi
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick,sweet, fun, read

This was a quick, sweet,fun read. I loved the two main characters and their chemistry. I'm excited to read more from this author.
Marisa Valle
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this but I thought the MCs were incredibly naive at times.
Sue Stinnett
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lumberjack and Teacher

A very sweet romance with a twist involving a jealous woman. I really enjoyed the book and can't wait for the next in the series.
Evonne Hutton
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely clean second chance romance when 2 old school friends re-unite
Well written with large characters

• A Christmas Reunion, the Gift of a Second Chance
  • Romance at the Christmas Tree Lot
  • Christmas Grace
  • Cookie Girl Christmas (Snowflake Falls Inn Romance, #1)
  • Feels Like Love (Christmas in Snow Valley #2)
  • Sawdust and Mistletoe
  • Blue Christmas (Christmas in Snow Valley #6)
  • If You Believe
  • Winter Wedding Bells
  • Twelve Days in December (Hearthfire Romance, #3.5)
  • The Christmas Eve Kiss (Christmas in Snow Valley #4)
  • Honeymoon for One in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls #2)
  • Full Court Devotion (Christmas in Snow Valley #3)
  • Christmas, Actually
  • A Country Christmas
  • Sadie (Sadie, #1)
  • We Need A Little Christmas (Evergreen Lane #2)
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
Kimberly Krey specializes in writing "romance that’s clean without losing the steam!"
She’s a reader of good, clean romance, a lover of family time and Diet Coke, and the ultimate hater of laundry. She discovered her love for writing in college when given a creative writing assignment. She still remembers sitting in the lamplight’s glow, crafting words to depict the vision in her head. That assign

Cobble Creek Romance (3 books)
  • The Sheriff's Bride: Country Brides & Cowboy Boots (Cobble Creek Romance Book 1)
  • The Snapshot Bride (Cobble Creek Romance)