Start by marking “Spartan Heart (Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)” as Want to Read:
Spartan Heart (Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)

Spartan Heart

(Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)

New school year, same old problems...

At Mythos Academy, everyone knows exactly who I am: Rory Forseti, Spartan girl and the daughter of Reapers.

Even though I fought alongside my cousin Gwen Frost to save the mythological world from Loki and his evil Reapers of Chaos, I’m still the most hated girl at the academy because of all the horrible things my parents did. I had h
Published December 5th 2017 by Jennifer Estep (first published October 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Spartan Heart, please sign up.
Heather (Curious Fox Reads) This was straight off Jennifer Estep's website, she just posted it yesterday.

"The print book price will probably be around $14.99, and the print book…more
This was straight off Jennifer Estep's website, she just posted it yesterday.

"The print book price will probably be around $14.99, and the print book will be available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The print book will NOT be stocked in your local bookstore, so you will have to order it online."

So hopefully it will be. (less)

Start your review of Spartan Heart (Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Spartan Heart by Jennifer Estep

First in the Mythos Academy spin-off series featuring Rory Forseti. The original series features Gwen Frost and should be read first if you care about spoilers. Young adult paranormal.

It’s Rory’s second hear at the academy and most of the class won’t talk to her because of her parents. In the library, her favorite place, Rory hears a voice coming from a sword in a display case. Soon Rory is fighting chimera, and Reapers knowing her sword is cursed.

An engaging adve
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

If you only knew how much I wanted to adore this novel! I wanted to like it so much that I gave it a shot in two different formats and two years apart from each other because I initially DNFed this as an eARC in 2017. Maybe I've just outgrown these books because I loved the original Mythos Academy books. That's how I'll justify this so I can still sleep at night.

Rory was, in theory, a great character but after so many times of comparing herself to Gwen and so many other
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I’m a big fan of Jennifer Estep’s Urban Fantasy series however I haven’t tried her Young Adult novels yet. This series is technically a spin-off of her original Mythos Academy series but even though I haven’t read all those books yet, I didn’t have any trouble at all falling into this world.

Estep is really good at her worldbuilding. I love all the worlds that she has created, but this one might actually be one of my favorites. It’s filled with various types of warriors from Spartan’s like ou
Ivy
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 🌟

Glad to be able to see Gwen's cousin, Rory. Seems like they don't have much luck with popularity. Sad that Lance turned out to be a bad guy. Happy that Rory was able to join Midgard and gain new friends. Hope they will be able to stop Covington and the Reapers. Wonder if Rory will date Ian.

Can't wait to read Spartan Strong!!!
Shelley
*Source* Author
*Genre* Young Adult, Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Spartan Heart is the first installment in Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy: Colorado series. With the author's permission, I am going to say that I recommend readers have at least some knowledge of Killer Frost before jumping into Rory's new series. The original Mythos Academy books featured Gwen Frost, a Gypsy girl who has the gift of psychometry, or the ability to know an object’s history just by touching it. Gwen and her
Under the Covers Book Blog

Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I've read a few books in the related Mythos Academy series which came first. It is referenced, maybe a little too much, in Spartan Heart.  I have to be a little careful with YA because I sometimes want to roll my eyes.  I do better with YA fantasy. There are usually a few things happening like a mystery or political battle and s
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/12/review-...

Favorite Quote: The first day of school is always the worst.

School just started and Rory Forseti already knows it going to be a bad one. A spartan at the Mythos Academy in Colorado, she becomes persona non grata when it’s revealed her parents were famous Reaper assassins. Even her heroics in helping to defeat Loki and his minions last years doesn’t gain her any respect from the student body. But she doesn’t have time to dwe
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
It was an average book. Nothing unique really for this avid reader. The plot, twist, characters were all remakes of the formulaic YA paranormal/urban fantasy read.

I was not surprised by anything that happened and say it all a mile away.

As per usual with this author food played a staring role. There was even a reference to the pork pit for those familiar with this author’s adult series.

If I hadn’t already purchased the second audiobook, I probably wouldn’t have moved on. But alas, I will. It pr
Lola
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lola by: Anne - Books of My Heart
Shelves: audiobook
I've read the Mythos Academy series years ago and really enjoyed the series. Eventually I heard about this new series and when Anne from Books of My Hearts recommended the audio versions I finally decided to add these to my list of books to listen and not much later got around to picking this one up.

I am glad I gave this spin-off series a try. It was fun being back in the world of Mythos Academy and even a bit nostalgic. This spin-off takes shortly after the end of the first Mythos Academy serie
Melliane
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was very happy to hear that a German publisher had asked for more novels from the author, but even more that she agreed to offer us this story in English too!

It was great to immerse in the Mythos universe again. And what to say when in addition we find some characters that we had previously met. Moreover, it is the turn of Rory, Gwen’s cousin, to be on the front of the stage. Poor Rory who hopes to make a fresh start with her aunt but it seems that as alw
Katherine Paschal
Rory has had a really hard year, be it dealing with the death of her parents, the fact they were part of an evil society, or the hate she receives from all her classmates. But Rory refuses to give in to the hurtful things people say and do, instead she is willing to fight for justice. When she inadvertently finds herself in the library after hours and witnesses an artifact theft, Rory ends up fighting for her life. Is the evil gone like everyone thought? Or is this a new type of evil that Rory n ...more
Erica Chilson
I used my personal copy to read and review for Wicked Reads' BYOB (Bring Your Own Book) Month

4 Stars

Young Adult Age-range: 13+, parental discretion as there is nonstop fantasy violence.

Spartan Heart is the first in the Mythos Academy: Colorado series. However, it is a spinoff of the Mythos Academy series. While it's possible to read as new, I do believe that it would cause massive confusion, as events that happened in the previous series were mentioned almost on every page.

I would not call t
Kym Roberts
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rory Forseti is a strong girl, as every Spartan should be. But after the loss and betrayal of her parents, Rory has to make one of the toughest decisions of her life: be forced into the life of a reaper assassin, or sacrifice her life to save her friends? Will her friends from the protection force, The Midgard, be able to sway her away from choosing to join the leader of the reapers, or will the dream of revenge get the best of her, and make her choose the path her parents did years ago?

Sparta
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I purchased my own copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads' BYOB January.

The mythological warriors in the Mythos Academy stories offer a welcome reprieve from the myriad of Urban Fantasy vampire and werewolf stories. A spinoff from the original Mythos Academy books, Gwen’s cousin Rory begins this first Colorado book as a grieving social outcast before finding her place and growing into her potential.

I have to admit that Rory grew on me. She’s a little bit wet and a little bit mau
Jodi
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me and I really enjoyed listening to this book. I liked Rory, spartan girl.I enjoyed the story line.It was quite fantastical with gods and creatures, good and bad. Everyone had a gift that could be used for good or bad. Rory found out her parents were reapers and were stealing artificats. When they were killed she became an outcast at school. She joined up with a group of teens like her to stop the reapers, and gets her heart broken, maybe starts fallind in love with Viki ...more
Anna
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Estep never fails to deliver a quick paced and fun story. But, comparing this spin off title to the original series, it's quite inferior... I just couldn't move past certain parts of the plot (like why the Protectorate would rely so much on teenagers) or the fact that the story arc was very similar to that of the original series.
Still, I enjoyed it, and I will continue with the next book.
mith
Ahh, it's been so long since I read a Mythos Academy book! I'm so glad there's a spin-off for Rory!
It's a bit cliché, but whatever. Estep just has a fun way of writing that, even though it comes off as repetitive sometimes, manages to be engaging the entire time. I adore it. Can't wait for books two and three!
➸ Gwen de Sade
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
This was just completely boring and pointless. It feels like Jennifer Estep is stuck in her own fictional world full of repetition and dull characters. I think she really loves it though since she‘s mentioning how great everything and everyone she created is on approximately every second page.
Alayna Payton
It was great getting back to Mythos Academy. Rory was another interesting MC and I enjoyed her story. Its the same story type as Gwen but with a different backstory and a new Hot guy! Im excited to see where this goes
TJ
Nothing wrong with this book. For those who loved the Mythos Academy world, this one will be a great addition. The story just seems like a do-over with different names to me. It's totally a personal thing, I'm sure.
Choa
Raven
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a guilty-pleasure read at its finest. You kind of know what going to happen, but you're not sure about it so you just have to keep reading. Can't wait for the sequel.
April
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
So glad Rory got her own series. I can't wait to read the other books too!
Barb Lie
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spartan Heart by Jennifer Estep is the 1st book in her new Mythos Academy: Colorado series, which is a spinoff of her original Mythos Academy series. I really did enjoy the Mythos Academy series and Gwen Frost. I looked forward to reading Spartan Heart, and I am happy to say I enjoyed the start of this series.

Rory Forseti, whom we met in the original Mythos Academy series, is Gwen’s cousin and our heroine in this series. Rory, who helped Gwen and her gang defeat Loki, and now is attending school
Darcy
While this is a new series from this author it is spun off of another one, so you really should read that first, the first book is Touch of Frost.

Rory was not in a good place when this book started. She was trying to deal with her parents betrayal, living in the shadow of her cousin Gwen who pulled off tremendous things and going back to school where no one liked her and talked trash about her.

At first I was on the fence with the group that Rory stumbled into. It didn't seem like they wanted he
Nancy Brady
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, ya
Jeepers, Creepers, there are more Reapers

A spinoff series of the Mythos Academy features Rory Forseti, a cousin of Gwen Frost of the original series. She is an outcast, trying to prove she isn't a Reaper like her parents were.
It is a new school year, and suddenly she is fighting monsters and Reapers. What is going on? She thought the threat was over after Loki was defeated, but there is a new threat at the Colorado school and she becomes involved along with new warrior-students.
As exciting as t
Angela ReadingCave
Denise H
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spartan Heart is the first installment in Jennifer Estep’s Mythos Academy spin-off series and takes place in Colorado with 17-year old Rory Forseti and her new friends banding together to fight the new threat that has encroached upon their school at the start of the school year. This story has plenty of action to hold your attention and an engaging storyline full of adventure and suspense.
Aside from her aunt Rachel, whom she lives with, there are several new key characters in this story that he
Jordan
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read the first book of the Mythos Academy series at least two times, so it was not hard for me to see just how similar these books were - and how different.

The books may start and end in a similar way, but the part in between is something different. While "Touch of Frost" focuses on a murder-mystery, this book is more about a greater plan and not just the murder, which is solved after a few chapters. Starting off on a similar note may also prove to be a great way to show how differently sto
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Updating Version Shown & Combining Editions 3 20 Jan 24, 2018 12:13AM

• Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • Ariel (Nano Wolves, #1)
  • Sister of the Stars: Von Runen und Schatten (HexenSchwesternSaga, #1)
  • Flüstern des Lichts (Soul Mates, #1)
  • Trolling for Trouble (Lynlee Lincoln, #1)
  • Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow #8)
  • Lights Out Lucy (Music City Rollers #1)
  • Edge of Magic (Tara Knightley, #1)
  • By Invitation Only (Gilt #1)
  • Mystische Mächte: Bitter & Sweet (Bitter & Sweet, #1)
  • The Confectioner Chronicles (The Confectioner Chronicles #0.5-3)
  • Hiding Hurricanes (Fletcher University #3)
  • 1970 (The Seven, #1)
  • Sealed by Fire (The Nature Hunters Academy #2)
  • Die Krone der Dunkelheit (Die Krone der Dunkelheit, #1)
  • Securing Arizona (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle World)
  • Guarding Gertrude (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle World)
  • Von Sternen gekrönt (One True Queen, #1)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She has written more than 40 books, along with numerous novellas and stories.

In her spare time, Jennifer enjoys hanging out with friends and family, doing yoga, and reading fantasy and romance books. She also watches way too much TV and lo

Mythos Academy: Colorado (3 books)
  • Spartan Promise (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #2)
  • Coldest Frost (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #3)