Start by marking “Orion (Constellations #1)” as Want to Read:
Orion (Constellations #1)

Orion

(Constellations #1)

When U.S. Marine Corp Sgt. Orion MacKinnon loses both his legs in the bloody sands of Afghanistan, he forsakes his soul along with them. After retiring to a remote location in the snowy mountains of Alaska with his Special Forces canine companion—a German Shepherd named Zeus—he becomes a recluse and vows never to wear the prosthetic legs he keeps buried out of sight…
until
Published November 6th 2017 by Raeah Wilding

To ask other readers questions about Orion, please sign up.

Start your review of Orion (Constellations #1)
Alex ♈
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I couldn't click less than 4 stars, just couldn't.

Zeus - best dog ever. My true hero! 💖

The book was slightly confusing for me, so much happened. It started like a 'Mountain man' trope, than turned out to a suspense packed with action.
I didn't like everything and some things were slightly implausible, but overall an interesting story with heart.

Safe for me.
Hero was 100% virgin, the heroine wasn't 😉. They had feelings for each other when she lost her memory, but her reality included a bf, whom s
CC
Um ok that was unexpected. In a good way!

So first I cannot start my review without mentioning the cover. Holy shit that man is hawt!!!! Aside from being incredibly brave, he is just plain smokin’!

Now the book. It was really good. It took awhile to get started but I was totally invested. Admittedly a little scared since I went in blind. There are a ton of details about what is going on inside Orion’s head trying to deal with PTSD and being a double amputee. Most of which is not pleasant. Zeus’ P
Sometime
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really only read this book because of the cover. And I love the idea of a double amputee mountain man and his trusty rescue dog. But this book was waaaaaay too long. It was all tell, no show. The first half of the book is Orion and Hope living in the Alaskan mountains with no one nearby. Hope has amnesia after being rescue from an avalanche. Orion and his dog Zeus have PTSD from experiences during the war in Afghanistan. They sloooowly get to know each other have have lots of "dream sex" and a ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

When I read the plot of Orion: A Constellations Novel #1 (Constellations #1)

by Raeah Wilding I was absolutely sure that I was going to love the story. It was so up my alley so it felt like a love at first sight with the Blurb.

But this being the first book of this author what I did not expect was that I had a really hard time to get into the writing style of the author. At times it felt like so opulent as if it came from the feather of an author that could write the next “gone with the wind” nove
Anna
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, amazing, amazing!
I love both MC
I love Zeus, Orion's German shepherd.
This book has it all: faithful H, steam sex scenes, suspense, very good written.
I didn't like that some heroine's decisions. But I understand her.
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Incredible story! 5 Stars to Orion by by author Raeah Wilding.

Just wow! This book had everything! Definitely all the feels. My emotions ranged from compassion to sadness, to fear and worry to relief. I smiled and cried. There were moments (many) that I felt my stomach drop to my feet. Was this book strictly romance? No! While it was about finding and trusting in love, it was also about healing and resolution. There was violence and suspense. God, I could just go on and on but I don't want to giv
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
Kathy Reader
I enjoyed this book. Love when the H is a virgin and how could you not love Zeus!

The epilogue was a bit weak and too short and it took until mid way thru the book for the H and h to get intimate so that's why it gets 3 stars.
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
Outstanding novel!

While Orion and “Hope” meet under dire circumstances, it is clear early on that they share a unique connection. Two people couldn’t be more different. Orion is a recluse military veteran living alone on a mountain and suffering from severe PTSD and rehabilitative issues. Hope is, well, we don’t know who she is. She was rescued by Orion from a horrible avalanche. He nurses her back to health, only for her to wake with amnesia. Her dependence on him pushes him through his fears
Susann Husfloen
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I knew from the first page that this book would be like nothing I've ever read. To be inside the head of a man who's lost both his heart and soul among his legs is devastating.
 When he saves Hope from an avalanche she suffers from amnesia. They are slowly starting to heal each other, and my heart is so filled with all the feelings.
And when the book turns to a thriller, I was racing through the pages with my heart in my throat!
 I was thinking through the whole read that this book should really h
Riann Miller
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Orion is an unforgettable journey that left me reeling!

Orion is a soldier left without his legs who's perfectly happy hiding from the world.

“I… hide because I’ve learned to survive like this. It’s kept me alive when everything else guaranteed death.”

His life was simple verging on boring until one day a woman literally crashes into his life. The two of them slowly form a friendship with the promise of more until reality comes crashing down on them leaving Orion with the decision to
Eleanore June
The first 75% of the book was an amazing 5 stars for me, but then the tone/genera of the book shifted and I didn't love it as much. Still good, but it didn't have the same spark.
Coco.V
Dec 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/5/2019)! 🎁
Grace
The concept and ideas of this book is a five star read but the execution was only a three star. I've been going back and forth for my rating but ultimately the faults took me out of the story.

Some things to consider and possible triggers: Virgin hero, PTSD, amnesia, grief, death, suicide, murder, torture, animal torture, rape, abuse, amputation, and some another man "drama". This also has a spiritual element, not religious but dreams and a spirit type of connection.

For me the pacing was just o
MillsyLovesBooks
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Raeah Wilding is back and What! a first read we have gotten under her new pen name. I adore all the previous books she has written under Allie Juliette Mousseau. Finding her writing to beautiful, deep and meaningful. And after a two year break you most definitely have not lost your passion when it comes to writing.

Orion was an emotional filled, captivating read. I was drawn in with Orion and Zeus right from the start. I was invested in their story, i loved that there was a little mystery to his
Brandy Roberts
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved Orion it had my emotions all over the place there's happiness , sadness , anger , and heartbreak because damn these two characters have been through so much pain to were my heart broke for them to the point were tears are involved . First the blurb called to me then I saw the cover not only is it hotness overload but it draws you in to were you need to hear the heroes story . Orion and hope bring something into each others lives something that they have been missing , I adored bot ...more
SassafrasfromAmazon
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who reads severely permanently disabled vets & their combat dog
This was an extraordinary book. The hero, Orion, suffers from severe PTSD and so does his spec. ops dog, Zeus. He is a double amputee who mostly uses a wheelchair instead of his prosthesis. Because of the extreme trauma both he and Zeus have suffered, Orion has decided to live a secluded life in a remote cabin at the base of a mountain in Alaska. His only human contact is the guy who brings him supplies every 3 months. He has no TV, phone, radio, or computer/internet.

One day, while outside, Zeu
Sunny Shelly Reads
Orion was the first book I've read by Raeah Wilding, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The blurb pulled me in, but the story kept me turning pages. This book was so much more than a love story between an injure war vet suffering from PTSD and an amnesiac who has no idea who she is or why she was on his secluded Alaskan mountain.

The connection between Orion and Hope, as he calls the mysterious woman, was so sweet. She is literally the woman of his dreams -- which I first thought was slightly hokey
L.A. Remenicky
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2017
When I read Orion by Raeah Wilding I was blown away. The story of Orion and his dog Zeus drew me in from the first page – his torment tore at my heart and didn’t let go. Reading about him overcoming his revulsion to rescue Hope from the avalanche, the emotion practically jumped off the page. I could go on and on about how much I loved this book but I’d end up spoiling the story so I’m stopping right here.
A definite 5-star must-read!

Merged review:

5+ Stars!

When I read Orion by Raeah Wilding I was
Sandra Loves Reading
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding writing! Phenomenal story!
I have been completely blown away by this book!
Orion holed himself up in the Alaskan wilderness, along with Zeus, his dog, when he returned home having lost his legs and his heart and soul in the battlefields of Afghanistan.
He and Zeus rescue a young woman from an avalanche. Having no identification on her, he names her Hope.
This is an amazing story. My emotions went from one extreme to another and I found myself smiling and laughing and crying and totally
Kamila
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved everything about this book.... the romance, the action, the twist, the characters, and, of course, Zeus. 😊
This was my first time reading about a disability, such as Orion's, and was very well written. I felt like the author described him and his feelings/struggles very well. My heart broke for Orion as he described to Hope how he lost his legs.
I couldn't put the book down, except for when life got in the way. I was hooked from the beginning and satisfied with how it ended.
There's not much
Courtney
I Give this Book a 3 Star Rating.
It should be 2 Stars, but I’m adding an additional cause I actually liked it up to the 75%.

HEA(?): Yes.
Romance: 3/5
Heat: 2/5 (a few cringeworthy words, and it was more pleasuring her, nothing at all to him, and then pretty much 1 intercourse scene that was disappointing, short & abrupt (almost ‘next day’ like) as if the author didn’t even know how nor want to write it)
Drama: 4ish/5 (Honestly, the drama after the 75% just was Not Needed)
Suspense: 3.5/5

The cover &
Liz
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a wild ride.

A story about a scarred soldier and the amnesiac woman he rescues from an avalanche. And so much more...

It's difficult to say anything without giving away any part of the crazy, elaborate path that lead to Hope and Orion's happily ever after.

I think it's safe to jump into this story without knowing much. All I knew going in was that Orion is a virgin, having had an abusive childhood and later losing his legs, Hope has (view spoiler) and
Kylee
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Orion is the first book in the Constellations series and to try and rate this book with just five stars is not enough, you would need a galaxy full of stars to give this story the adequate praise it deserves. This book is hard to classify as just a romance because as it is so much more than that. As you start the journey with Orion and Hope a range of emotions will bubble to the surface. You will experience heartache, love, anger and fear to name just a few. There will be times when your tears w ...more
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the romance between Orion and Hope but I didn't like the way the author inserted pages of background story all in one go! I also found some of the plot far fetched and the 'magic' side I'm not a fan of. I felt it dragged on towards the end and I wasn't really interested in the suspense side of the story and it was a bit predictable who one of the baddies was!

If it was just their romance, I would probably have given 4 stars. I loved Zeus the dog!
Kate_mrs539
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Orion is the first book by Raeah Wilding and as firsts go...I'm hooked. I do want to clarify that Raeah Wilding appears to be a pen name for another writer and this book has me curious about the other work that she writes.

Anyway, to say that I LOVED Orion is an understatement! There was so much to this story that I was completely entertained and sucked in. Depth is a good word for it.

I really had no idea what I was getting when I started this book. I was totally blindsided by the twists, which m
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
Everyone needs a little helping hand…

Or paws. Orion’s story is a military romance that touched me with its emotion, taking me from the depths to highs in so many kindle pages…

Orion was hiding. Hiding from what he lost and from the harsh, punishing memories. When Hope is suddenly forced into his isolated existence, things changed dramatically for both of them. Coming together out of necessity turned out to be a saving grace for them both.

I loved how Hope’s recovery mirrored Orion’s. Wounded, hurt
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Orion is a wounded veteran who lives in isolation with his forces canine Zeus. These two have been to hell and back together, and have a special relationship. When a hiker is discovered on the mountain, Orion names her Hope, as she cannot remember anything about herself. Both of these characters are lost souls, and drawn to each other. No spoilers; this is an absolute must read, you will not be disappointed!
This author has written a truly beautiful storyline, which is raw, gritty, moving, heartb
carole trelease
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was outstanding.

Everyone must read it. No hesitation. Orion and Hope, their story was just absolutely fantastic. It was so clever. From start to finish I was holding my breath. From Orion saving Hope from the avalanche to their love that grows and grows, to feeling how frustrated Orion is when she has to leave. I was praying they would be brought back together.
I was heartbroken during the Afghanistan scenes, what they all went through, written so well. As other reviews have commented, the P
Claire
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love!!!

I am usually pretty harsh when it comes to romance novels because I have been reading them for almost 15 years so a lot of the same tropes (rich jerks, doormat heroine) start to grow stale and it feels like the romance department needs a breath of fresh air. THIS BOOK WAS AN AVALANCHE OF FRESH.

Sooo amazing and it will stay with me for a long time to come. I don’t know why this book is not more well know but I would recommend to anyone who needs something new from the romance w
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hart Broken (Cale & Mickey #1)
  • Hart of His (Cale & Mickey #2)
  • Hart of Mine (Cale & Mickey #4)
  • Hart of Hers (Cale & Mickey #3)
  • Beast (Estill County Mountain Man #1)
  • Love is Blind
  • Cabin Fever
  • Homebound
  • You Complicate Me
  • Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2)
  • Live For This
  • Rough Country (Tannen Boys, #3)
  • Imperfect (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #5)
  • Nome-o Seeks Juliet (Odds-Are-Good, #2)
  • A Steel Heart (Heart #2)
  • Crashed (Mason Brothers #2)
  • His Proposed Deal
  • The Gift
Raeah Wilding is the pen name of USA TODAY Bestselling Author Allie Juliette Mousseau (author of the Brothers of Ink and Steel and True North series) and writes sexy, emotionally charged New Adult Romance.

ORION (A Constellations Novel Book One) is releasing Nov 7, 2017. Save the date by adding ORION to your Goodreads TBR list:

Raeah/Allie can usually be found

News & Interviews