Start by marking “Dreamin' Sun 01” as Want to Read:
Dreamin' Sun 01

Dreamin' Sun 01

(Dreamin' Sun #1)

Shimana Kameko ist seit dem Tod ihrer Mutter zu Hause sehr unglücklich. Seit ihr Vater neu geheiratet und ein zweites Kind bekommen hat, fühlt sie sich, als hätte sie niemanden mehr auf der Welt, dem ihr Wohlergehen noch am Herzen liegt. Also packt sie eine Tasche und reißt aus!! Ohne Geld und Plan, wo sie unterkommen könnte, steht Shimana nun ziemlich verloren da... Zum G ...more
Published October 31st 2017 by Carlsen (first published March 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dreamin' Sun 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamin' Sun 01

Raeleen Lemay
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicomanga, own
This was so cute and funny! I love how weird all of the characters are.
David Schaafsma
I read this because I am exploring some romance shoujo manga (primarily for girls) for a class and because my friend Lauren begins her review this way:

“Awwwww, this was perfection!! Ichigo Takano does it again! I LOVED THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!”

and I have agreed with Lauren’s views most of the time, so of course I read the first volume. Wouldn’t you, based on that review!!? I also really like the author’s Orange series, so I was twice encouraged. I haven’t yet fallen for this one y
Julia Sapphire
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, manga

- this was a super cute manga, its fun and an enjoyable read
- I'm looking forward to seeing how the friendships and relationships grow
- So far I like the characters, though the main character is pretty cliche at times
- The art is super nice and I'm looking forward to seeing where this series go
Lauren
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awwwww, this was perfection!! <3 Ichigo Takano does it again! I LOVED THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

Dreamin' Sun is a romance shōjo manga series following a teenage girl called Shimana Kameko. She decides to escape her family home by running away since her mother has died and her father has remarried another woman and had a child with her. Feeling sidelined, she walks through a nearby park and falls over a man asleep on the floor. His name is Taiga Fujiwara who just happens to be a
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

Ahh! I'm so happy to be reading more from Ichigo Takano! Orange is probably one of my favourite manga of all time! When Jesse told me about this series, I knew I had to pick it up! i really didn't even know it existed!!! It was so cute and, of course, very beautiful to look at and read! I can't wait to pick up all of the other available volumes and continue reading!
Jillian
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute cute cute.
Kate
3.5/5stars

DO NOT BE TURNED AWAY BY THAT RATING!!

it's honestly pretty rare for me to enjoy the beginning of a shojo manga - it's why that, in the past, I never usually continued them. I find beginnings of shojos a little cringey, a little too perfect and not usually my cup of tea. BUT I will be continuing this one!

While yeah, the plot of this is a little convenient, and its a bit instalovey and everything is a bit too perfect, I really liked the characters, the art style, and I'm interested to
Ashley
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, contemporary, manga
i can already tell im going to be obsessed with this manga lololol
Laura D
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Shimana is quite unlikable in this first volume and the character designs are a bit off for me but as I loved the author's other work Orange I will stick with this.
Edit: After a couple of volumes this manga gets really really good and Shimana becomes much more likable.
Kayla Brunson
While this was cute, that's all I can really say about it. What parent lets their daughter go live with random men and just be okay with it? Also, she's already to change herself for a guy. Oh goodness.

I can get the references for Fruits Basket though. it really does give off that vibe and that's most likely the only reason that I will pick up volume 2.
Augusta Whittemore
Incredibly cute, solid start. I'm getting some major Fruits Basket vibes (my favorite manga *ever*) and I'm excited to see this continue on the upward trend. The characters are likable, the situations (while a bit cliched) are exciting, and I like all of the different directions this story might go! I'm glad the author takes the time to flesh out her secondary characters, as well. Off to a good start :)
Lona
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ichigo Takano does it again! What fun characters!
Izzy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was ok

I wanted to explore some more manga and this sounded like an interesting and cute read. I didn't realise it was by the same author who wrote Orange - a manga series I LOVED. I had high expectations because of this, but it really didn't live up to the hype.

I couldn't believe this was written by the same author. The story line felt rushed and the characters were not fleshed out enough in my opinion.

It was obvious that the author was trying to make the plot whimsical but it really did not
Iryna *Book and Sword*
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Weird, but cute?
I obviously love Takano's style, so I'm here for it. But I'm not sure what's going on.
I already have a favorite, and it's not the main girl, obviously. When do I ever root for main characters?

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
Rod Brown
The author is so awkward in getting the premise set up, that it almost derails the book. I think the runaway girl moving into a house with three guys was supposed to be whimsical, but it came across as sloppy and/or downright loony. But once the situation portion of this romantic comedy had been established, I started to become involved in the relationships between the characters and found myself looking forward to getting more volumes from the library.
Sydney (sydneysshelves) West
I really wanted to love this because I loved the first part of Orange. But I really struggled to buy into the premise of this book. Like you run away from home (bc you're a spoiled brat and don't understand ppl) and you meet a guy LITERALLY sleeping in the park who says you can live with him if you "fall in love" and "find a dream". You think to yourself "This is an awesome idea!!" Um no... Creepers be creeping...
Jess (terrifyinglyfictional)
4.5 Stars

I loved this first volume! I thought it was really cute and fun! I also love the characters and the plot.

It made me laugh a lot; I think Zen might be my favourite of the three boys, but yeah, I really liked it!

The pacing was a little slow for me at the beginning, but it picks up in the middle!

I can’t wait to continue with the series and see how the relationships progress
Josephine
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars.

Lol.

This is a cute and fluffy intro to the story. We meet our main cast, and I really like them all. Sure, Shimana is kinda childish, but aside from that I have zero complaints^^

I'll definitely be reading the next volumes, and probably the entire series.
Emmeline
sooo cute
Emily
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-manga
This was cute but over all the dynamic between characters reminded me way too much of Fruits Basket minus the zodiac.
JenLovesBooks
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually go for mangas like Dreamin' Sun, but I was very surprised by how much I came to enjoy this first volume in the series.

So much cuteness, and funny little moments, and so ridiculous the situations that it somehow just works. I mean yeah, how right? A girl that helps a drunk on the street and gets invited back to his place to become a roommate with himself and two other guys. What could go wrong?

But, I really see the beauty in that. In the innocence of a book like this one, where t
Michelle
Eh, the characters and their interactions are cute, but the premise of this is a little too contrived and far fetched for me to suspend my disbelief (what kind of parent lets their teenage kid live with a 20-something dude!? and where are Zen and Asahi's parents? I'm assuming it'll come up in future volumes, but still weird).

I'll save judgement for future volumes, but the setup in this one feels pretty obvious and derivative as well. Zen and Asahi are obviously going to be two points of a love
Tabea Vanessa
It’s not like it was particularly bad or anything. There just isn’t a plot, absolutely nothing happens and I don’t want to just follow along on their daily lives for no reason whatsoever. Cute though.
Zoeereads✨
THIS IS SO SILLY AND CUTE! i loved this first volume of dreamin sun so much.. this story has the possibility to be my new favorite manga. i feel it. 😍
Kia ✩
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 because the MC looks like the MC from Orange and just *same face syndrome intensifies*
Alexa
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute start to this series! It gave me a bit of FruBa vibes, except without the whole zodiac deal. I'm curious to see where it goes from here.
Alisi ☆ wants to read too many books ☆
I'm on a manga kick. I'm trying to read all the manga in my closet so I can get rid of it for space. LOL. This was cute.
Linda
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Noragami and Kamisama Kiss
Recommended to Linda by: my dear friend
I wrote this review on the author's birthday, January 11th. Happy Birthday!

Dreamin' Sun is a funny, enjoyable and fast paced 'slice of life' manga by Ichigo Takano who you probably know from Orange Vol.01. The series is supposed to have ten volumes including bonus stories and cute doodles. ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧ I received this one on my birthday and read it in one sitting which is a good sign, even for manga.

I have always seen the manga at the bookstore but was afraid to pick it up. I mean, what if it turn
Hiromi
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Shoujo Manga Book...: Dreamin' Sun Discussion 1 9 May 01, 2018 03:15PM

• キスよりも早く12 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 12] (Faster than a Kiss #12)
  • 春待つ僕ら 1 [Haru Matsu Bokura 1] (Waiting for Spring, #1)
  • 椿町ロンリープラネット 3 [Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet 3]
  • ひよ恋 4 [Hiyokoi 4]
  • Love in the Mask (Love in the Mask, #4)
Associated names : 高野 苺
Blood Type: B
Birthday: January 11, 1986
Zodiac: Capricorn

Dreamin' Sun (10 books)
  • 夢みる太陽 2 [Yume Miru Taiyou 2] (Dreaming Sun, #2)
  • 夢みる太陽 3 [Yume Miru Taiyou 3] (Dreaming Sun, #3)
  • 夢みる太陽 4 [Yume Miru Taiyou 4] (Dreaming Sun, #4)
  • 夢みる太陽 5 [Yume Miru Taiyou 5] (Dreaming Sun, #5)
  • 夢みる太陽 6 [Yume Miru Taiyou 6] (Dreaming Sun, #6)
  • 夢みる太陽 7 [Yume Miru Taiyou 7] (Dreaming Sun, #7)
  • 夢みる太陽 8 [Yume Miru Taiyou 8] (Dreaming Sun, #8)
  • 夢みる太陽 9 [Yume Miru Taiyou 9] (Dreaming Sun, #9)
  • 夢みる太陽 10 [Yume Miru Taiyou 10] (Dreaming Sun, #10)