Start by marking “Creative Alchemy: Meditations, Rituals, and Experiments to Free Your Inner Magic” as Want to Read:

Creativity guru Marlo Johnson guides readers through 88 transformative meditations, rituals, and experiments designed to foster personal growth through the power of conscious creation. Featuring dreamy marbled-paper interiors and a refreshing combination of down-to-earth practical instruction and insightful spiritual guidance, this gem of a book is perfect for anyone looki ...more
Published April 3rd 2018 by Chronicle Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Creative Alchemy, please sign up.
Marlo Johnson Hi Mike,

Thanks for the review and the question!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the review and the question!

You’re right, they are pretty organic at this point, but I really love the very first experiment. I feel like it’s one of the weirdest ones, but that might be why it’s so helpful! I find it like an emotional exorcism any time I feel off. It seems to also entertain my dog.

Let me know if you have any favourites too!

Hope you’re well.

Marlo(less)

Bekah
Dec 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Perhaps I'm not in the same category of people that could find something beneficial in this book, but I found it to be a bit shallow/superficial and did not inspire much. It felt no more weighty than inspirational memes and quotes you would find in social media. I focused on the little experiments, but sadly found those lacking as well. Some of them were just boring and uninspiring. They were as vague as horoscopes.

"Create something that you love immensely..."
"Do something old in an
Shilpa
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed this book by Marlo Johnson. The book acts as a guide, but every individual will interpret it in their own way. And I had a lot of fun interpreting it in my way, through illustrations. Each day, I picked up the book and indulged in a new ritual. My personal creative journey brought me closer to my creative purpose.

You'll see it really inspired my instagram posts on @shilpartistry
Michael E.
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A series of meditations

The book is simple enough, a series of thoughts and actions one can do to explore their own artistic side. I was amazed by how many I already do and found a couple I would love to try. Just gotta be brave.
karina
Mar 12, 2019
Marlo Johnson
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
Jen Meier
Oct 18, 2018
Bookaholic Me
Aug 31, 2018
Sep 20, 2018
Stephanie Kent
rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2018
Jan 24, 2019
Griffin
Feb 01, 2019
Feb 02, 2019
A full-time artist and author on a small island in the PNW, Marlo spends her days creating meditative art (available through mastersgalleryltd.com) and transformative writing meant not just to read, but to use. Her philosophy is one of creative genius through intentional love. This powerful approach allows readers to release blocks and limitations in creative, compassionate, and enjoyable ways, so ...more