Start by marking “Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)” as Want to Read:
Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)

Four Psychos

(The Dark Side #1)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  15,806 ratings  ·  1,355 reviews
I'm not so different from most people.
Like everyone else, I have life goals.

Goal #1: Become a real girl instead of this invisible ghost thing I currently am.

Goal #2: Convince the four men I've been haunting for the past five years to pick me to be their new toy after goal one is complete.

Goal #3: Figure out who/what I am and why I can't remember anything past the fi
Published November 6th 2017 by C.M. Owens

·  15,806 ratings  ·  1,355 reviews

Start your review of Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
Helen 2.0
This one is funny, awkward, a little steamy and very unique.

It drew me in right away by steering clear of all my usual RH pet peeves:
-no special snowflake heroine
-no insta-love
-no tragic backstory
-no fabricated drama

It's always refreshing when the plot doesn't bend over backwards to accommodate a reverse harem heroine's drama. (I'm looking at you, Kit Davenport!)

Keyla, the heroine in question, starts the book as an incorporeal spirit watching over four sexy supernatural roommates. She's been wa
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
There was a lot of things I should have been doing today, but after waking up not feeling well, I said, fuck it! I'm staying in bed and reading. I still feel bad, so this is going to be super short and sweet.

Reverse Harem is my crack, and I love whenever I get a chance to read it. My friend from Instagram recommend this to me, and I'm so glad she did! It was exactly what I needed to make my shitty day a little bit more bearable.

4 hot guys that work for hell preventing damned souls from getting
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I'm neither here nor there. Alive nor dead."

description

This is book one of a four book series by CM Owens. The heroine is very funny and lovable I simply adored her. It's actually not packed with sex scenes and fyi didn't have any though it was very angsty.

description

Definitely a well written and enjoyable read that left me interested to see what happens next!
Jilly
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I saw a bunch of reviews for this one that made me think I needed it in my life. They were right. I just didn't know that I needed a book about four man-whores and their ghost-girl protector. But, life often works out that way, doesn't it? I mean, look at an artichoke. Who the hell thought of eating that thing? And yet artichoke is awesome.
But really, how hungry was the dude who ate it first?

Mayo? Ugh! No! Butter, you Neanderthals!

Usually I tend to skip books that are helly and demonish and dev
Shelly Strange

DIS WUZ GUD. So. Flipping. Good. The author NAILED the chemistry and banter between the female lead, Keyla, and her boys. This is a slow burn, so there was so actual sex in this, but yet a couple steamy scenes. It's definitely NOT a young adult reverse-harem.

There is humor, great dialogue, sarcasm, good foundation for a series (this will be a four book series and three are already written by the author - two released). I usually don't like "ghost" stories, but it works SO WELL here and Keyla is
DW
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbe-dark-side
I need the second book like super fast!!
Bibi
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-author
Paranormal with a dash of quirky. Pure fun!
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
UPDATE SAFETY INFO courtesy of the always wonderful, safetygang pal Kara! Thank you so much!

Unsafe read because (view spoiler)
Deborah
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re-read 9th - 10th August 2018

I decided to do a re-read before starting the third book. I loved it just as much the second time round.

Original review.

The first few times I noticed this book I happily skipped past it since neither the title nor the cover appealed to me. But then the reviews started coming in and they were really good so I looked again and put it on my to-read list.
Then friends started talking about this book saying they’d loved it, it was funny, dark and delicious. They have a d
Marguerite (M)
Reread as a BR with my fellow RH junkies~

"J! U! D! E! What's that spell? Major dick, yes, sir-ree!"

Rating : 5 stars

sass + fun + smart ass heroine + douchebag males = awesome first book

You learn a lot about your moral compass when yours is the only opinion that matters. Turns out, I'm an unapologetic psychopath.

THIS. BOOK. IS. SO. MUCH. FUN.

- Hooked from page 1.
- The plot is very mysterious.
- Keyla is an awesome character : She's fun, she's kind of naive, she wears sexy outfits to piss the four
Penny
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating 4.5 stars

Brilliant.
Wow. What a treat!

This book was super fun, sexy and entertaining. The female character is hilarious and adorable, and having four male protagonist instead of one was way more fun that I would have expected. I loved Keyla's wardrobe changes, it made me smile every single time (you have no idea how I wish I could do that too =^_^= )

Some aspects of the book remind me a little to The Inmortal after Dark Series from Kresley Cole, except this book has more humor and m
Evgeny
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I am at loss of the words. I do not know what to say. The beginning is so unusual I doubt I can say anything that makes sense. By the end the book becomes fairly standard PNR. At least there were no vampires.
PNR

In any way, there was this spirit, or ghost, or lost soul, or something. Gradually she (she was a woman) became self-aware and started thinking about herself noticing her surroundings.
Ghost
She appeared/was haunting a place where four guys lived. Having no clue about their names she named them On
Renégade ♥
*** UPDATE (on July 28th, 2020) ***

So I'm not sure what's going on, but when I was looking for the name of the audiobook narrator for Four Psychos (for one of my challenges), I was surprised to discover that the series of ebooks was actually back up on Amazon.

Caught off guard, I then typed in C.M. Owens and S.T. Abby to see if the books under those pseudonyms/pen names had also returned.

Looks like most of the author's books are back up on Amazon.

Not sure when this happened, if it's temporary or
Darce
we're boosting this to 5 stars because it's so damn addictive, hilarious and entertaining.

~~~

The Four Psychos is a reverse harem book about a girl who is a sort of ghost thing. She can't remember anything about herself or her past life except that since she first saw her four guys she has been able to stay in this world for longer. She is determined to become visible and physical to the world and her boys, and at the same time make sure that all four of them stay alive...

This book is a hilarious
Sophia Triad
“Oh! Oh yes.”

This is one of those books that I started completely blind about their story. I didn’t know this writer. I didn’t know if the book was paranormal or historical or whatever. I just liked the title (some of my favorite book boyfriends are psychos), the book cover (hmm hoods and hidden faces… intriguing) and I have heard that the book has the “reverse harem” trope (I quite enjoy it when the girl is the dominant part in this kind of relationship).

Anyway, I started the book and there
Melanie (mells_view)
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Casper & Supernatural having a baby and it being born a horny teenager = Four Psychos

Ok. So I have a weird relationship with this book. It’s PNR reverse harem. Four moody broody asshole guys, who are bound to each other. They are supernaturals of some sort, and they are bad-ish. Then the heroine is a girl, and she’s something 😂? Yeah I sound crazy, but she’s something and we don’t know exactly what she is. If Supernatural and Casper had a baby... and sprinkled in some sexy romance, it would be t
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, ku
4 Not what I expected Stars

I saw Four Psychos popping up on my Amazon and I was really curious about all of the high ratings. The cover is kind of ominous looking and I thought to myself could this book be really that good?

Despite the crazy cover, yes I did enjoy this book. It wasn’t what I expected. I’m glad I wasn’t in a smutty mood (okay I was) but this book isn’t smutty. There’s steam I give you that, but it’s more tension filled steam and I really enjoy that kind.

There’s 4 guys and one gir
ⒶH-ℳℰⒾ ♔♚♛Queen Of The Fat Cats♛♚♔
3.5

It's not you, it's me because Four Pshychos was really, really, really, really can't-put-it-downgood. I just couldn't connect with the guys and I don't like Cliffhangers.

Need the sequel, where is it?
Corinne
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a pleasant surprise, I want and need book 2.
Montzalee Wittmann
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow, what did I just read and where is the next book!

Four Psychos by Kristy Cunning is one imaginative book! A gal that is not a ghost but has no memory and no substance. Four guys that are somehow bonded in several ways that reap souls but are not reapers. There is dealing with demons and the devil himself. The girl seems to get more power the longer she is with the guys....This book is so wild, especially when she acts as their protector. Someone is trying to kill them!
Kat Kennedy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked up this book expecting a devious sex-fest with a barely mentioned plot tying into it with the express purpose of creating more and unique ways for the characters to get it on.

Unfortunately there is a lot of world building, and character arcs and back story and mythology.

I’m actually offended. I had EXPECTATIONS. You don’t pick up this kind of novel expecting to memorize complicated mythology, okay? Clearly some kind of contract has been broken here.

Get your shit together in the next ins
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
Literally all of the guys were the same. No personality.

EDIT 1/28/2019: I'm really considering trying this one again since I am enjoying her other books so much. Maybe I was just being a grump (again).
Cindy ✩☽♔
Well, I started this at around midnight and stayed up to 5 am to finish it, so yeah it's addicting.

Also totally Team Ezekiel
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
benevolent bastard
Well this was DELICIOUSLY WRITTEN. I felt as though this was written just for me. We have this badass ghost that won’t let the four alpha male walk all over her. We see emotions in her that tug my heart strings when they’re being little pricks. A favorite? Yes.
Anonymous Girl
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Paranormal Reverse Harem
Recommended to Anonymous Girl by: Kaz.
EROTIC PARANORMAL REVERSE HAREM BOOK 1 OF 4
Triggers / Warnings? ~ Not any that I can recall
Publication Date ~ November 6, 2017
Series Years ~ 2017-2018
Narration ~ 1st POV Keyla
Total pages Kindle Book ~ 208
Total Chapters ~ 26
Ending ~ Cliffhanger

The book is from only one perspective. This ghost apparition has been watching 4 guys in all of their private moments at home. They don't know she's there, and they can't see nor hear her. After a certain event, she is finally revealed to them. Things do
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
36550871._SX318_-1.jpg

a massive massive hit with me this one, I have previously read another series by this author under a different name and it blew me away I even got my hubby to read it also I was that impressed.
So Knew it was only a matter of time before I gave another of her series ago and the title of this one really caught my attention.
I have a soft spot for psycho's and this one gave me four and a ghost girl as an added extra.
So this is slow-burn reverse harem paranormal and despite the slow-burn nature of th
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Well, that was really weird.
(But also entertaining? Kind of?)

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Really liked the heroine in this as she's feisty and funny, but the story lacked focus and the four arseholes phychos aren't exactly likeable at the moment. Still, it was easy to read and I'm looking forward to more.
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
4 stars. These guys better stop being such a$$holes. Off to read book 2.

*edit* after reading book two I had to change my rating from four to five stars because I am in love with this series!

Bring me book 3!

Full RTC after the series is finished. Stay tuned!
mina
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
↠3-

This was entertaining and nothing much else. I haven’t read anything in this sub-genre so this is new to me, honestly, I expected more explicit scenes and was surprised when there was only one. The idea of the story is interesting but it had its share of flaws. The writing is weak and I had the feeling like I was reading a Wattpad story (great walk down memory lane). The characters… wow… extra weak. I liked the heroine, especially because she wasn’t so smitten with the guys after meeting

• Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Trickery (Curse of the Gods, #1)
  • The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport, #1)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Crimes of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #3)
  • Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2)
  • Seduction (Curse of the Gods #3)
  • The Dragon's Wing (Kit Davenport, #2)
  • Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • Allison's Adventures in Underland (Harem of Hearts #1)
  • Den of Vipers
  • Groupie (Rock-Hard Beautiful, #1)
  • Trying To Live With The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #1)
  • The Tiger’s Ambush (Kit Davenport, #3)
  • Strength (Curse of the Gods, #4)
  • For the Love of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3.5)
  • Void
  • Pain (Curse of the Gods, #5)
Kristy Cunning always loves a good laugh, and lives and breathes the emotions of the characters she becomes attached to.

Though she came from a family of musicians, she has zero abilities with instruments; she sounds like a strangled cat when she sings; and her dancing is downright embarrassing. Just ask anyone who knows her. Her creativity rests solely in the written word. Her family is grateful

The Dark Side (4 books)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)