Start by marking “Four Psychos (The Dark Side, #1)” as Want to Read:
Four Psychos (The Dark Side, #1)

Four Psychos

(The Dark Side #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  28,690 ratings  ·  2,365 reviews
I'm not so different from most people.
Like everyone else, I have life goals.

Goal #1: Become a real girl instead of this invisible ghost thing I currently am.

Goal #2: Convince the four men I've been haunting for the past five years to pick me to be their new toy after goal one is complete.

Goal #3: Figure out who/what I am and why I can't remember anything past the fi
Published November 6th 2017 by C.M. Owens

·  28,690 ratings  ·  2,365 reviews

Start your review of Four Psychos (The Dark Side, #1)
Helen 2.0
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one is funny, awkward, a little steamy and very unique.

It drew me in right away by steering clear of all my usual RH pet peeves:
-no special snowflake heroine
-no insta-love
-no tragic backstory
-no fabricated drama

It's always refreshing when the plot doesn't bend over backwards to accommodate a reverse harem heroine's drama. (I'm looking at you, Kit Davenport!)

Keyla, the heroine in question, starts the book as an incorporeal spirit watching over four sexy supernatural roommates. She's been wa
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
There was a lot of things I should have been doing today, but after waking up not feeling well, I said, fuck it! I'm staying in bed and reading. I still feel bad, so this is going to be super short and sweet.

Reverse Harem is my crack, and I love whenever I get a chance to read it. My friend from Instagram recommend this to me, and I'm so glad she did! It was exactly what I needed to make my shitty day a little bit more bearable.

4 hot guys that work for hell preventing damned souls from getting
 ⚔Irunía⚔
4.5 stars. Envying and laughing alongside a ghost? That's a new low, even for me... what comes next?
👁️👅👁️

Respectfully, books like this are the reason I keep reading <3

This story committed a grave crime against the prejudice I harbor towards the fantasy/paranormal genre and a reverse harem trope. 😔
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I'm neither here nor there. Alive nor dead."

description

This is book one of a four book series by CM Owens. The heroine is very funny and lovable I simply adored her. It's actually not packed with sex scenes and fyi didn't have any though it was very angsty.

description

Definitely a well written and enjoyable read that left me interested to see what happens next!
Jilly
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I saw a bunch of reviews for this one that made me think I needed it in my life. They were right. I just didn't know that I needed a book about four man-whores and their ghost-girl protector. But, life often works out that way, doesn't it? I mean, look at an artichoke. Who the hell thought of eating that thing? And yet artichoke is awesome.
But really, how hungry was the dude who ate it first?

Mayo? Ugh! No! Butter, you Neanderthals!

Usually I tend to skip books that are helly and demonish and dev
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
So I did not expect to find a new favorite series while going on my reverse harem binge but here we are!! I freaking LOVED the Dark Side series! It’s a PNR RH with a ghost heroine who’s been haunting 4 guys who can’t see her… until they finally do. The heroine is hilarious and ridiculous - she will literally say anything that comes into her mind, and I found myself laughing so hard throughout this book and series. It gets twisty and dark and full of action. The heroes are these sort of warriors ...more
Bibi
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-author
Paranormal with a dash of quirky. Pure fun!
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
UPDATE SAFETY INFO courtesy of the always wonderful, safetygang pal Kara! Thank you so much!

Unsafe read because (view spoiler)
Marguerite (M)
Reread as a BR with my fellow RH junkies~

"J! U! D! E! What's that spell? Major dick, yes, sir-ree!"

five-stars
sass + fun + smart ass heroine + douchebag males = awesome first book

You learn a lot about your moral compass when yours is the only opinion that matters. Turns out, I'm an unapologetic psychopath.

THIS. BOOK. IS. SO. MUCH. FUN.

+ Hooked from page 1.
+ The plot is very mysterious.
+ Keyla is an awesome character: She's fun, she's kind of naive, she wears sexy outfits to piss the four psychos off (and
sid
3.75✨

Jude butts in. “The point is, we can’t enjoy a woman, unless we enjoy her together. It’s part of the bond. None of us have ever had a woman on our own.”
“So if you were a boy band, you’d be One Erection,” I state, rambling because they have me nervous.”

really good

fav thing : the heroine
fav from the guys so far : maybe ezekiel, and i get the appeal of jude (though he’s an asshole now). but i dunno, we haven’t spend time together w/ any of them long enough to know.
so, my fav from the guys so
Jessica
Jul 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
UMMM HELLO THIS WAS SO GOOD. This is a reverse harem and our heroine is a ghost. She’s spent the last five years watching these four guys and the book starts around the time the guys can finally see her. I knew she was a ghost, but I didn’t know the guys all had supernatural abilities too and that this book involved a series of trials the guys go through. I LOVE THAT. And I loved the relationship she has with all four guys. This book teases us so much and I am DYING to read the next book. I defi ...more
Deborah
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re-read 9th - 10th August 2018

I decided to do a re-read before starting the third book. I loved it just as much the second time round.

Original review.

The first few times I noticed this book I happily skipped past it since neither the title nor the cover appealed to me. But then the reviews started coming in and they were really good so I looked again and put it on my to-read list.
Then friends started talking about this book saying they’d loved it, it was funny, dark and delicious. They have a d
Paige ♠
This wasn't perfect but it was definitely fun to read!

KEYLA WAS HILARIOUS and I loved her internal monologues. I don't know what it is about RH heroines but they're always so sassy and have such a goofy type of humor that is enjoyable to read when you're in the mood for it

I LOVED HOW KEYLA didn't take any shit from the boys and straight up told them every time they did something wrong. She spent years fantasizing about actually meeting them one day... only for them to be ass holes when it fi
Kat Kennedy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked up this book expecting a devious sex-fest with a barely mentioned plot tying into it with the express purpose of creating more and unique ways for the characters to get it on.

Unfortunately there is a lot of world building, and character arcs and back story and mythology.

I’m actually offended. I had EXPECTATIONS. You don’t pick up this kind of novel expecting to memorize complicated mythology, okay? Clearly some kind of contract has been broken here.

Get your shit together in the next ins
Penny
Actual Rating 4.5 stars

Brilliant.
Wow. What a treat!

This book was super fun, sexy and entertaining. The female character is hilarious and adorable, and having four male protagonist instead of one was way more fun that I would have expected. I loved Keyla's wardrobe changes, it made me smile every single time (you have no idea how I wish I could do that too =^_^= )

Some aspects of the book remind me a little to The Inmortal after Dark Series from Kresley Cole, except this book has more humor and m
Renegade ♥
*** UPDATE (on July 28th, 2020) ***

So I'm not sure what's going on, but when I was looking for the name of the audiobook narrator for Four Psychos (for one of my challenges), I was surprised to discover that the series of ebooks was actually back up on Amazon.

Caught off guard, I then typed in C.M. Owens and S.T. Abby to see if the books under those pseudonyms/pen names had also returned.

Looks like most of the author's books are back up on Amazon.

Not sure when this happened, if it's temporary or
Sophia Triad
“Oh! Oh yes.”

This is one of those books that I started completely blind about their story. I didn’t know this writer. I didn’t know if the book was paranormal or historical or whatever. I just liked the title (some of my favorite book boyfriends are psychos), the book cover (hmm hoods and hidden faces… intriguing) and I have heard that the book has the “reverse harem” trope (I quite enjoy it when the girl is the dominant part in this kind of relationship).

Anyway, I started the book and there
Melanie (mells_view)
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Casper & Supernatural having a baby and it being born a horny teenager = Four Psychos

Ok. So I have a weird relationship with this book. It’s PNR reverse harem. Four moody broody asshole guys, who are bound to each other. They are supernaturals of some sort, and they are bad-ish. Then the heroine is a girl, and she’s something 😂? Yeah I sound crazy, but she’s something and we don’t know exactly what she is. If Supernatural and Casper had a baby... and sprinkled in some sexy romance, it would be t
Jonathan
Oct 23, 2021 rated it liked it
i will say what we are all thinking: too much plot, not enough sexy action

do i care about some weird hell games and the intricate infighting in hell? no.
the only thing interesting about hell is whether or not Lucifer is as sexy as i think he is (not enough descriptions on that part - do better)

do i want to find out whether jude's piercing (oh you know what kind he has) can truly provide for a good time? desperately. i'd pay money. i actually have, that kindle unlimited subscription isn't cheap.

b
Montzalee Wittmann
Wow, what did I just read and where is the next book!

Four Psychos by Kristy Cunning is one imaginative book! A gal that is not a ghost but has no memory and no substance. Four guys that are somehow bonded in several ways that reap souls but are not reapers. There is dealing with demons and the devil himself. The girl seems to get more power the longer she is with the guys....This book is so wild, especially when she acts as their protector. Someone is trying to kill them!
Darcey
we're boosting this to 5 stars because it's so damn addictive, hilarious and entertaining.

~~~

The Four Psychos is a reverse harem book about a girl who is a sort of ghost thing. She can't remember anything about herself or her past life except that since she first saw her four guys she has been able to stay in this world for longer. She is determined to become visible and physical to the world and her boys, and at the same time make sure that all four of them stay alive...

This book is a hilarious
AℳY♔Queen of Fat cats♔민윤기's fiancé
3.5

It's not you, it's me because Four Pshychos was really, really, really, really can't-put-it-downgood. I just couldn't connect with the guys and I don't like Cliffhangers.

Need the sequel, where is it?
Corinne
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a pleasant surprise, I want and need book 2.
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, pnr
4 Not what I expected Stars

I saw Four Psychos popping up on my Amazon and I was really curious about all of the high ratings. The cover is kind of ominous looking and I thought to myself could this book be really that good?

Despite the crazy cover, yes I did enjoy this book. It wasn’t what I expected. I’m glad I wasn’t in a smutty mood (okay I was) but this book isn’t smutty. There’s steam I give you that, but it’s more tension filled steam and I really enjoy that kind.

There’s 4 guys and one gir
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
Literally all of the guys were the same. No personality.

EDIT 1/28/2019: I'm really considering trying this one again since I am enjoying her other books so much. Maybe I was just being a grump (again).
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
36550871._SX318_-1.jpg

a massive massive hit with me this one, I have previously read another series by this author under a different name and it blew me away I even got my hubby to read it also I was that impressed.
So Knew it was only a matter of time before I gave another of her series ago and the title of this one really caught my attention.
I have a soft spot for psycho's and this one gave me four and a ghost girl as an added extra.
So this is slow-burn reverse harem paranormal and despite the slow-burn nature of th
Mareeva
Just as good the second time around.

I want to comment about the best thing in this series. The heroine.

Keyla (which isn't her real name but it's what she calls herself for now) is so unapologetic and I love it. She has lived her entire remembered existence (which is 5 years) in phantom form, unable to be seen, heard or felt by anyone except herself. She doesn't age, sleep or feel pain but she can fade into nothingness if she stays away from the four heroes for longer than 10 minutes.

Now because
Cindy ✩☽♔
Well, I started this at around midnight and stayed up to 5 am to finish it, so yeah it's addicting.

Also totally Team Ezekiel
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
benevolent bastard
Well this was DELICIOUSLY WRITTEN. I felt as though this was written just for me. We have this badass ghost that won’t let the four alpha male walk all over her. We see emotions in her that tug my heart strings when they’re being little pricks. A favorite? Yes.
Jessi ❤️ H. Vojsk [if villain, why hot?]
Well, that was really weird.
(But also entertaining? Kind of?)

• Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #1)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Trickery (Curse of the Gods, #1)
  • Crimes of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3)
  • Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2)
  • Seduction (Curse of the Gods, #3)
  • Broken Bonds (The Bonds that Tie, #1)
  • Savage Bonds (The Bonds That Tie, #2)
  • Blood Bonds (The Bonds That Tie, #3)
  • The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport, #1)
  • Strength (Curse of the Gods, #4)
  • Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • Forced Bonds (The Bonds That Tie, #4)
  • For the Love of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3.5)
  • Tragic Bonds (The Bonds That Tie, #5)
  • Pain (Curse of the Gods, #5)
  • Allison's Adventures in Underland (Harem of Hearts #1)
  • Lola & the Millionaires: Part One (Sweet Omegaverse, #2)
See top shelves…
Kristy Cunning always loves a good laugh, and lives and breathes the emotions of the characters she becomes attached to.

Though she came from a family of musicians, she has zero abilities with instruments; she sounds like a strangled cat when she sings; and her dancing is downright embarrassing. Just ask anyone who knows her. Her creativity rests solely in the written word. Her family is grateful

The Dark Side (4 books)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side, #3)
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)