Start by marking “The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs: How to Fix Our Stupid Use of Technology” as Want to Read:
The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs: How to Fix Our Stupid Use of Technology

The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs: How to Fix Our Stupid Use of Technology

paperback, 250 pages
Published November 1st 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs

Start your review of The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs: How to Fix Our Stupid Use of Technology
Scott
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye-opener

Wow.. I’ve known for quite some time that EMFs and specifically the radiation from phones can be harmful but dang... I was amazed to see the research on how soon we can experience negative effects from even low doses/exposure - well below the woefully inadequate and outdated telecommunications act of 1996 allows...
I was particularly concerned by the part about scrolling on your phone while it’s on your belly destroying beneficial bacteria and making you susceptible to illness..
I was ru
David Korobov
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would have preferred more detail, but a good summary nonetheless.
Laurie Allee
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The information in this book will freak you out, but it's important to look at the long-term effects of a technology that proliferated with literally no oversight or health studies. It was allowed into the marketplace and built as vital communication infrastructure using cellphone regulatory standards from 1994. Hint: our phones are still approved using this criteria: that they don't heat your brain 2 degrees in a total of 6 minutes of use per day held 5mm away from your head or body. These "stu ...more
Sandra
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Great information and tips to reduce emf’s in your life. There’s much more to it than keeping your phone on ‘airplane’ mode. And Nick lays it out in easy to understand simple steps, from cheap and easy up to more advanced analysis using experts. I love all the resources he provides as well. I didn’t even know Building Biologists were a thing.
I already implemented the ‘cheap and easy’ tips for reducing the fields in my bedroom last night. Haven’t slept that well in a long time. Thanks Nick!
Suzanne
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, now I'm making some changes in my home. This was a super easy to read and understand guide. Pineaunt lays out the facts without cherry picking. Well done! Could have used an editor as some sentences weren't proofed but you still get what he intended to say. I plan on sharing this with family and friends. ...more
Tanya Brown Davis
Interesting Information

The book was humorous and informative. It gave me a lot to think about and practical solutions as well. It’s also scary to think that products are available for use long before research is done on safety.
Marian Cerny
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for everyone

I have not read the other books on EMF yet, but this is most definitely a great start. It has recommendations for more reading, useful products and explains everything you need to know in simple fashion. Thanks Nick!
Naphtali
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
Some of you are no doubt wondering if it's possible for a "guide to EMFs" to be "non-tinfoil."
Yes, it is, and this one was excellent.
"EMFs" are Electromagnetic fields, which are created by things like your cellphone, microwaves, wifi routers, power lines, etc.
With such huge advances in technology the last few decades, humans are currently being exposed to huge amounts of EMFs, and the big question is whether they have any effects - especially detrimental effects - on humans.
This book did a gre
Trisha
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book explains the dangers of cell phone usage up against your head or nExt to your body. It gives some suggestions to be safer with your kids and yourself. Turn off your router at night and put your phone in airplane mode!
Louise
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone Should Read This Book

Very Informative. So much to learn, and this is a good beginning. Even if we make small changes day by day, we can make a huge difference to the quality of our health and life!
Henry Pangilinan
The Best!

This book presented the subject matter in a very understandable manner. I learned a lot more new information such as various on line resources for my on quest for risks existing in my own surroundings and potential available mitigation. Thanks a lot lot for sharing.
Paul Dietzel
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick, simple, effective.

Nicolas lays out his thoughts well and concise (though he does repeat himself a good bit repeating himself). This is a great quick guide to get someone up-to-speed on the various factors and risks related to electromagnetic field radiation/exposure.
Miriam
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nicolas Pineault manages to make a difficult subject easy and a serious subject light. I loved his humor. In this our age of technology, the Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs is an absolute must-read.
Jesse Hale
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Scary to say the least.
Mathijs  Aasman
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Didn't like the writing style but this is one of the only books with this important information. ...more
Patwm
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Should probably be read by everybody. It is worrisome, but the author offers some very practical strategies for reducing EMF exposure.
Eleanor I Stanford
Time to wake up

I had to take my phone off of airplane mode in order to write this review. So I’ll make this quick.
This electromagnetic frequency poisoning and sickness stuff is for real. I’m shocked that many of the educated and intelligent people I work with still think this is WOO WOO. People believe in electricity, they believe in ultra violet and infrared frequencies , theybelieve in x-rays, they believe in microwaves- But I can’t seem to get them to grasp the concept of electromagnetic freq
Maggie
Apr 06, 2020
Ryan
Jan 23, 2021
Kate
Mar 29, 2019
Mike Carnell
rated it did not like it
May 22, 2019
Aug 24, 2018
Abby Zensea
Oct 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Radiation Nation: Complete Guide to EMF Protection & Safety - The Proven Health Risks of EMF Radiation & What You Can Do to Protect Yourself & Family
  • The Invisible Rainbow: A History of Electricity and Life
  • Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy
  • Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
  • Estrogeneration: How Estrogenics Are Making You Fat, Sick, and Infertile
  • Lust for Life
  • Change Your Schedule, Change Your Life: How to Harness the Power of Clock Genes to Lose Weight, Optimize Your Workout, and Finally Get a Good Night's Sleep
  • Keto Diet for Beginners: 30-Day Keto Meal Plan for Rapid Weight Loss. Ketogenic Meal Prep Cookbook Full of Easy to Follow Recipes! Lose up to 20 Pounds in 30 Days!
  • India After Gandhi: The History of the World's Largest Democracy
  • Natives: Race and Class in the Ruins of Empire
  • Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To
  • Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media
  • Debunking Economics - Revised and Expanded Edition: The Naked Emperor Dethroned?
  • The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain
  • The Zapping of America: Microwaves, Their Deadly Risk, and the Coverup
  • The Multi-Orgasmic Man: Sexual Secrets Every Man Should Know
  • The Great Power Line Cover Up: How The Utilities And The Government Are Trying To Hide The Cancer Hazard Posed By Electromagnetic Fields
  • Disciplined Minds: A Critical Look at Salaried Professionals and the Soul-Battering System That Shapes Their Lives
Nicolas Pineault is an investigative health journalist, educator and advocate for safe technologies. In 2017, he authored The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs — an unconventional book endorsed by top health authorities such as Dr. Mercola, and which tackles the very serious topic of electromagnetic pollution with humor and common sense. He since launched the Electrosmog Rx online course, with the goal of ...more