Start by marking “Seducing the Sheriff (NotMy1stRodeo.com #5)” as Want to Read:
Seducing the Sheriff (NotMy1stRodeo.com #5)

Seducing the Sheriff

(NotMy1stRodeo.com #5)

Saddle up for another go-round…

When Cassidy Strong signs up for NotMy1stRodeo.com, she never expects it’ll put her in the middle of a bank robbery—or that she’ll be the key to breaking the case. Her first foray into online dating after her divorce is an unqualified disaster.

That is, until Sheriff Joe Lawson walks in, ready to solve the case and do whatever it takes to
Published November 27th 2017 by Entangled: Select Contemporary (first published June 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Seducing the Sheriff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seducing the Sheriff

Start your review of Seducing the Sheriff (NotMy1stRodeo.com #5)
Terri
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Cassidy is caught in a bank robbery and by chance knows how to find the robber's identity. She is casual friends with Sheriff Joe Lawson. Just in case the robber can identify her, Joe takes Cassidy to his cabin for the weekend to protect her. In that isolated cabin, Joe fights to keep things professional. However, Cassidy is wearing him down. Will he lose the battle and let Cassidy win his heart?
I started and finished this book all in one evening. Yes, it's fairly short, but it really held my
Cheryl
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short nicely written story about Joe who was the sheriff and Cass a restaurant owner. Cass was held at gun point during a bank robbery and recognized the bank robber from a dating web site she was on. The robber got away and Joe was concerned that the robber also recognized Cass so he took her into protective custody at his home until he was caught.

This was a lovely, sweet romance. I would recommend it highly.
Christine
I hate to give this two stars because it was written well and for all purposes I should have liked it. I just really struggled to connect with the characters, and for that reason I found myself zoning out while reading. The set up for how the two get together is a little silly, and maybe that was part of the problem too. It understand this is meant to be a short story, but it's one that could've used more depth and character development. As written, I just felt indifferent about the entire ...more
Bernie
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seducing the Sheriff review

Seducing the Sheriff is another delightful romantic book in the Not My 1st Rodeo series written by author Donna Alward.
Lisa
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. This is the fifth book in the series, Not My 1st Rodeo which is written by three different authors. Even though this is a series, each book is a stand-alone. The title references an on-line dating service.

I love the way this book begins. Joe Lawson, the sheriff of this small town in Colorado, is on a blind date set up by his sister. He plans to meet her at The Forge restaurant which is owned by Cassidy Strong, the heroine in this novella. Joe and this
Lori R
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth book in the series. This book by Donna Alward will grab your attention right from the beginning of the story. It is a story about Cassidy Strong who owns The Forge restaurant and Joe Lawson who is a police officer. Cassidy is gun shy when it comes to love and relationships having been through a divorce. Joe has not had very good luck in relationships either. He is divorced too and has had trouble finding someone who can live with him being a police officer. He is also tired of ...more
Rachael
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seducing the Sheriff is short and sweet. While Cassidy is under Sheriff Joe's protection following a bank robbery, their mutual attraction causes Joe to cross some professional lines. Once Cassidy no longer needs Joe's protection, they both have some internal struggles to overcome. I love their conversation when Cassidy drunk dials Joe one night. I wish that Seducing the Sheriff was a full length novel because I would love to read more of their story.

**I received a copy in exchange for an honest
Debra
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seducing the Sheriff is definitely 5 stars.

Cassidy is ready to date again a year after her divorce and signs up on an online dating service. None of the matches interest her until she is held hostage in a bank robbery. Sheriff Joe is investigating the robbery and Cassidy identifies the robber from the dating site putting her in danger. Protecting Cassdy becomes Joe's main responsibility until the robber is caught, yet can they protect their hearts from each other? Loved the characters and the
Lesley
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining story, which kept me hooked with a HFN ending. Would have preferred a HEA ending which could perhaps have been achieved with an epilogue several years down the road as I felt rather short-changed.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.
Kandice
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying the NotMy1stRodeo books - a fun twist on dating websites. I like that the characters feel like people I really know. Much more relatable to this reader than a young twenty-something just starting out. While it was short, it still had a nice arc to it and felt complete. I look forward to more of them!

ARC provided by the author. Opinions are my own.
Gwen
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a thoroughly enjoyable read. You get hooked from the beginning and you become obsessed with finishing the story, to find out what happens at the end. Such a joy to read Seducing the Sheriff and more importantly, you will want to read the other stories in the series but you don't have to have read them in order to enjoy and savor this story.
JoAnne
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

Rated 3.5 but rounded to 4.0 on Goodreads.
Pat
Jun 18, 2016
Marcia
Jul 24, 2018
Donna Alward
Apr 12, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Bette Hansen
Debra Wolsleben
May 01, 2017
Tima
May 03, 2017
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more

NotMy1stRodeo.com (6 books)
  • Nothing Like a Cowboy (NotMy1stRodeo.com, #1)
  • Anything For a Cowboy (NotMy1stRodeo.com, #2)
  • Something About a Cowboy (NotMy1stRodeo.com, #3)
  • Captivating the Cowboy (NotMy1stRodeo.com #4; Weston Ridge, #2)
  • Roping the Rancher (NotMy1stRodeo.com #6)