Start by marking “Caitlin Kelley - Monster Hunter (A New Templars Novella)” as Want to Read:
Caitlin Kelley - Monster Hunter (A New Templars Novella)

Caitlin Kelley - Monster Hunter

(The New Templars)

Who let the dogs out, indeed?!?

All Caitlin Kelley wanted was a chance to relax in New Orleans. Is that too much to ask?

Obviously so. Between the strange man/not man/something she chased through the airport and the monster terrorizing the French Quarter, this vacation is anything but Easy, Big or otherwise. Throw in her wisecracking companion Marty, a shadowy government
Published November 14th 2017 by Falstaff Books

To ask other readers questions about Caitlin Kelley - Monster Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caitlin Kelley - Monster Hunter

Start your review of Caitlin Kelley - Monster Hunter (A New Templars Novella)
Fraser Sherman
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Caitlin Kelly is a monster hunter working for the Vatican, taking a vacation in New Orleans. But the local monster hunter's just been killed so Caitlin gets dragooned into hunting down a demon dog that eats ghosts (very bad in a haunted city). It's set in a shared universe, but it's familiar enough material it's easy to grasp what's going on.
Too familiar for me, I guess. The story was competent, but not particularly interesting (in fairness, I'm not a big urban fantasy fan). The best bit was the
Gabrielle Olexa
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great setup for what I think will be a fun and interesting series following Caitlin, Marty, and (sometimes?) Sister Betty as they seek out evil, misbehaving monsters in New Orleans.

Caitlin is a strong, intelligent woman who speaks her mind, but she's not perfect; she has her own flaws. A character becomes far more relatable when they don't always do something right when tackling an issue. There's a lot that doesn't go according to plan for Caitlin and party, but I enjoyed reading how
Candice Carpenter
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caitlin and her friend/supernatural hunting partner Marty are suppose to be starting their vacation in New Orleans when they are greeted, almost as soon as they land, by the feeling that something "isn't quite right". An emergency summons and personal letter from the Pope later and we find out their instincts are pretty darn good.

The local protector of the people of New Orleans has been killed and there is a BIG, bad, invisible hellhound on the loose. Caitlin thinks it's going to be a piece of c
Mark Wilcox
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Theresa takes the bubbaverse and offers her own twists and turns. This is a must read for any fan of paranormal humor. If you like hot, asskicking female monster hunters, and let's be honest who doesn't, this is the book for you. Theresa sucks you in and wraps you in Caitlin's world right away and the story carries you so efficiently you don't know how far you've read and then you're done. Like any good drug this book leaves you wanting more.
April Schilling
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I originally bought this book cause I love the Bubba the Monster Hunter series from John Hartness and this book is set in the same world. Caitlin is awesome! I was drawn into the story from the first chapter and didn't put it down till I finished the book. I can not wait to read the next book!
Matt McKee
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun romp in New Orleans

A great start, with a snarky heroine. A little uneven at times but never slow. I’m looking forward to learning more about Cee and her team.
Brenda Rezk
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this snarky, cocky, kick-ass female monster hunter set in the Bubba universe.
Erin Penn
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Working my way through the Bubbaverse (somewhere over 60 short stories and novellas) and found this amazing New Templar.

A monster hunter going on vacation to New Orleans. Nope, nothing could possibly go wrong there. Except as soon as they land they run into a nightmare, and discover the monster hunter of the territory has been killed, and hired to track down a demon dog by a ... old southern lady? Oh, and there may be a Collector out there too.

Much more complicated and interwoven than is typical
Lance Butler
Lily
Apr 14, 2019
Miranda P
Apr 15, 2019

• Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Wolfbane (The Coldstone Files Book 1)
  • In Hell's Shadow
  • Spells, Salt, & Steel (Spells, Salt, & Steel #1)
  • Runaway (A New Templar Knights Novella & Monster Hunter Mom Book 2)
  • American Vampire (Vampire for Hire, #3)
  • Moon Child (Vampire for Hire, #4)
  • Junie B. Jones Has a Monster Under Her Bed (Junie B. Jones, #8)
  • Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Junie B. Jones, #3)
  • Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying (Junie B. Jones, #4)
  • Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Junie B. Jones, #2)
  • Junie B. Jones and the  Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones, #1)
  • Year One: A Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter Collection
  • Portals
  • Alternate Peace
  • Temporally Deactivated
  • The Cambion Cycle: Quincy Harker Year Two (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #5-8)
  • Pluck & Cover
I’m a relapsed writer and dream-chaser. I wrote as a pre-teen and continued all the way through my college years. After college I stopped writing for about 10 years, but now I’m back on it and working to hone my craft. The dream to write fiction for a living is something I gave up on before, but I’m back to chasing it and I refuse to quit this time. Failure is not an option.

My Day Job is one that

The New Templars (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Monster Hunter (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #1; The New Templars)
  • The Wampus of Reeds Spring (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #2 & The New Templars)
  • Spells, Salt, & Steel (Spells, Salt, & Steel #1)
  • Tweety & the Monkey Man (Monster Hunter Mom #1 & The New Templars)
  • Runaway (A New Templar Knights Novella & Monster Hunter Mom Book 2)
  • Open Season (Spells, Salt, & Steel #2)
  • Deep Trouble (Spells, Salt, & Steel #3)
  • Handle with Care (A New Templar Knight Novella & Monster Hunter Mom Book 3)
  • A Touch Too Much (Caitlin Kelley: Monster Hunter #2)
  • End of the Line (Monster Hunter Mom Book 4)

News & Interviews