Start by marking “In Other Words...Murder (Holmes & Moriarity, #4)” as Want to Read:
In Other Words...Murder  (Holmes & Moriarity, #4)

In Other Words...Murder

(Holmes & Moriarity #4)

Death reveals all secrets.

Mystery author Christopher Holmes, now comfortably married to sometimes rival, sometimes nemesis J.X. Moriarity, is starting a new career as a true crime writer when threatening anonymous notes start arriving.

Even worse, Christopher's ex also arrives--asking for help locating the man he left Christopher for!

It's life--and death--as usual at Chez H
Published July 13th 2018 by Josh Lanyon

To ask other readers questions about In Other Words...Murder, please sign up.
Lauren Just put the title on a sticky note and keep moving it back on your day planner. I've learned her publication dates just keep sliding back. Eventually…moreJust put the title on a sticky note and keep moving it back on your day planner. I've learned her publication dates just keep sliding back. Eventually its published but no point writing it in ink.(less)
Mjbett It’s up for preorder in the US for September 15th too but don’t count on it. And this’ll push back her whole schedule....I think it’ll be 2019 before…moreIt’s up for preorder in the US for September 15th too but don’t count on it. And this’ll push back her whole schedule....I think it’ll be 2019 before we get the last couple releases that were originally scheduled for 2017ish:((less)

Ms. Smartarse
Christopher Holmes is all set up in his fancy new home: lover and nephew(-in-law) in tow and couldn't be happier. Well, sure, he'd rather not rely on J.X. to pay for their euro-trip, or regularly joke about public indecency in a gondola, nor wish to subject himself to the Halloween Hootenanny... But other than that he's just fine. Ecstatic really, if he may say so.

Being accused of murder by a hysterical ex, was definitely not on the menu. The ensuring murder investigation less so. And the upcomi
Simone
***4.5 Stars*** Perfect (audio)book was perfect!

I guess I will never get tired of Kit's dry and sarcastic humor and this series will always be one of my go-to-feel-good happy places whenever I need a good laugh. Sue me! ;-)
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

I’ve waited a long time for this book and it did not disappoint.

Just know that I was entertained as exasperation, indignation, anxiety, worry, snorting, and plenty of swooning commenced.

As always, in and amongst the central murder mystery, Kit and JX continue to evolve in their relationship, this time really solidifying things as Kit makes an effort to not lose or alienate the best thing in his life. Never fear in expecting and getting plenty of smart, biting, and sarcastic wit as Kit s
Meags
4 Stars

This is probably the best Lanyon series I’ve read to date, and as far as I’m concerned these stories are just getting better and better.

In this long-awaited fourth installment, mystery authors Kit and J.X. are finally in a happy and healthy place in their relationship. They’ve settled into cohabitation well and are even thinking about taking their relationship to the next level. Kit, as always, needs more of a shove in the right direction than J.X. ever does, especially when it comes to m
Daniela Green
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read the book, finally. So, for me this is not a 5, but a solid 4 stars rating.
I think in this series Ms Lanyon express at her best her sense of humour. Kit is one of her best characters ever. Self centered, funny, vain, brave, fragile and strong... he's a hella of things.
In this book the criminal plot was almost non existent, and the stalker sublopt was ininfluent, it felt like something thrown in the middle just to leighten the broth.
But, like I said, the humour (and the good writing) wo
Ami
Aside from the familiar names -- of Holmes and Moriarity -- I admit I didn't remember anything about this series, including Jerry the stalker, who apparently starred in the previous books :p

But it's not really a big deal, because I get right into the story quickly. It's good to see Kit growing up and learns to be better in his relationship with J.X., not making the same mistakes he did with David. And the mystery itself is enjoyable.

One thing that tickled my fancy when reading this is when Kit g
Nyakarima
Ever had a book come into your life, punch you in the heart then you don't know what to do with yourself?
Elena
I can't even pretend to be objective when it comes to this series, so here's my "review":

It was worth the wait, it was SO worth the wait.
I was in book heaven from the first word to the last.
Argona
4 stars plus 1 because I really enjoyed this book, and Kit and J.X have joined my all-time-favorite couples.

There is no doubt about it anymore, I'm completely addicted to Lanyon's stories and I need yearly if not monthly dosage!
Natasha
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Re-read books 1-3 right before reading this one.
Really loved this addition to the series. It's no secret that Kit is possibly my favorite of Lanyon's characters. I relate to him quite easily.
A few small things, like Kit's incredibly stupid decisions (but it's part of his character and drives the plot, so I get it) and still, I guess I was hoping for J.X. to be a litttttttle more human in this one, as in not always looking perfect, being perfect, and saying all the right things at all the right t
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.2 Stars

I was on edge this whole book...because Clowns.

Probably distracted me a lot from the story but it was still another solid edition in the H&M series. I simply do adore how Kit would correct others' grammar and how he spoke like I imagine a Cozy Mystery crime writer would communicate. He and JX still remind me a bit of Adrien and Jake, but the similarities are few and far between now (where it was more prominent in the first book of the series).

Also, hearing Kit talk about how much he
Melissa
First I have to say, WE DON'T GET MORE UNTIL SUMMER 2020?!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me? JL, you and me are going to have to have words. I can't wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love this whole series. It's hilarious and OMG, how is it possible Kit is such a murder magnet? Anybody who knows him should look out because they might be the next person found buried under a pergola. :D What can I say about this story? I didn't want to stop, I loved seeing Kit and JX together, Gabe is too funny an
Kasia Bacon
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kit. I love you so. ❤
Ulysses Dietz
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Other Words, Murder (Holmes & Moriarty book 4)
By Josh Lanyon
By the Author, 2018
Four stars

Christopher Holmes and J.X. Moriarty are so typical of Josh Lanyon’s great characters. Both are mystery writers, although of very different types. Both are complex men, no longer really young, but far from old. Both have been through messy life situations and have found each other.

This is the book where they finally move on—in the right direction.

Kit is trying to deflect JX’s talk of honeymoons, simpl
Sunny
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-mystery
After so many months of waiting and release dates getting pushed back, I would have gladly waited longer if it meant the book did not feel rushed. Because the book was supposed to come out months ago, obviously the author did rush, and the result was an all over the place plot.

I liked where Kit and J.X. were in the book but at the same time, they felt like different characters from what I know them to be. For example, in the previous three books, J.X. seemed to be Kit’s biggest critic when it ca
Trio
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Charming, adorable, perfect Kit. I can't wait for the audiobook.
Anke
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Yes, I know, I said I was done with her. But what can I say - there's aways hope? Let's stick to that:)

Finished - and I liked it more than the two or so books of hers I read before this. But the ending somehow just fizzled out and therefore it was rather anticlimactic.
Jordan Lombard
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hey, I’m in this one! :-D

This was just as funny and mysterious as the previous books in the series, but with a bit more romance. I could not put this down. Perfect birthday present for me.
Steve Leonard
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
In Other Words, The One Where Christopher Holmes Grows Up.

This is the fourth book in the series and, much like a fine wine, the series has improved with age. And that’s the nice thing about a series: the author has the time and luxury to let the characters mature and learn and just be.

The story takes place four months after the events of ‘The Boy With the Painful Tattoo’ and we find Christopher Holmes and J.X. Moriarity enjoying domestic bliss. Of course, that comes to a screeching halt when Chr
CrabbyPatty
Baa humbug .... disliked the murder mystery but loved the furtherance of Kit and JX's life together. After reading the first three books and pretty much mentally bludgeoning Kit constantly for not waking up and realizing that JX is bloody perfect for him, Kit get it. He finally gets it.
Chris, the Dalek King
Christopher Holmes and J.X. Moriarity are (finally) back in their fourth novel, In Other Words…Murder. Taking up not long after the conclusion of book three, this story contains some leftover plot threads from the previous book, but also focuses on a new dead body that needs solving. Especially since the dead man was found buried in Christopher’s old backyard. Christopher’s recent past of being accused of various murders isn’t going to do him any favors with the police, either, especially when t ...more
Debra

This book felt different than the others. I skimmed through the last two books after I started reading and realized that some names were familiar but I wasn't sure what had happened.

The highlight of this one was Kit and his working on his future plans for writing and really settling in with JX. I like that Kit is growing as a human being and that he is really putting effort into his relationship with JX since realizing that he wants things to work out, but that he is still a grouch with
Alison
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this thoroughly. I read it on the plane and it was the perfect outrageous, funny adventure to read while traveling. I always adored Christopher Holmes and he's grown up a lot over the series (thankfully, for him). This series never fails to entertain and I love the wackiness that's part of every book, as well as the unusual characters. Lanyon's sense of humour has always worked for me and I laughed a lot reading this. I love seeing how Kit and JX's relationship matures and grows over t ...more
M
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereadable
After rereading the first three books in prep for this one, I've decided Kit & JX are definitely my favourite couple. Kit is such a realistically flawed person, and after growing over the series, it's satisfying to see him finally not screwing everything up. And JX, god, what a pillar of humanity putting up with Kit's bullshit all the time and still being so dreamy about it. I just love them together.
I've also come to the realisation that I would absolutely never pick up a Miss Butterwith my
Lyra
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like this series so much. Christopher is just so incredibly absurd. My biggest peeve is that it's taking a chunk of time for each book to come out (with Lanyon publishing other books in between) so I'm worried that maybe our author doesn't like the series as much as I do. But maybe Lanyon's process just involves having multiple balls in the air at a time and I'm worried for nothing. But given the rate that they're coming out, it's hard for me to remember what happened in previous books.

Regardl
Lisa
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I know I am going to be in the minority with this but I wasnt overly keen.
I dont think the book could make its mind up whether it wanted to be a romance or a mystery. Both seemed a little half hearted and not really gripping.
Lada
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I still liked this series, even if Kit's emotional turmoil has lessened and didn't have much impact to me. What I disliked is the many appearances of the kid. I'm kinda afraid that in the next book, maybe the kid's mom will die, and then J.X. (and Kit) will end up with him 〣( ºΔº )〣
Alisa
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zz-2018, m-m-read
This was my favorite one in this series so far. I actually liked Kit in this book. I guess he's growing on me. Entertaining mystery as well as some funny moments and some sweet/romantic ones.
Skirmish
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.wordpress.com/t...
Rating: 4 Stars – minor quibbles but I loved it to bits
Scarletine
Nov 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a mess of a book.

I don't know what is going down with Josh Lanyon, but the last three books have been of a lower quality than I've grown to expect.

The plot in this book was so convoluted. A mish-mash of relationship issues, 'will he/won't he' dramaz and a body in the backyard.
The narrative was all over the place and the story did not flow well at all.

Kit Holmes has never been the brightest tool in the box, but in this story, he was downright reckless to the point I wanted to throttle him my
The Backlot Gay B...: In other words, murder, by Josh Lanyon 1 10 Aug 19, 2018 02:29PM

• Agent Bayne (PsyCop, #9)
  • Black Cat Ink (Bellingham Mysteries, #3)
  • Lock Nut (The Plumber's Mate Mysteries, #5)
  • Bitter Legacy
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Second You Sin (Kevin Connor Mystery #2)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • Three Nick Nowak Mysteries (Boystown #1)
  • Maze-Born Trouble
  • Early Graves (Dave Brandstetter, #9)
  • Dead in the Desert (L.A. Paranormal, #3)
  • L.A. Bytes (L.A., #4)
  • Foxe Fire (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #4)
Josh Lanyon is the author of over sixty titles of classic Male/Male fiction featuring twisty mystery, kickass adventure and unapologetic man-on-man romance.

Her work has been translated into eleven languages. The FBI thriller Fair Game was the first male/male title to be published by Harlequin Mondadori, the largest romance publisher in Italy. Stranger on the Shore (Harper Collins Italia) was the f

Holmes & Moriarity (5 books)
  • Somebody Killed His Editor (Holmes & Moriarity, #1)
  • All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2)
  • The Boy with the Painful Tattoo (Holmes & Moriarity, #3)
  • The 12.2-Per-Cent Solution (Holmes & Moriarity, #5)
“I love you, Kit. I just do.” I muttered, “Well, you don’t have to sound like it’s against your will.” 0 likes
“what the hell did you do to Detective Dean? She talks about you like she thinks you’re the devil. Did you really tell her the Partridge Family were potential suspects?” I cleared my throat. “That was a misunderstanding.” “She thinks you’re deliberately trying to make fools out of them.” I said shortly, “It wouldn’t be hard. But no.” 0 likes