Start by marking “Love on Hold” as Want to Read:
Love on Hold

Love on Hold

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  220 Ratings  ·  113 Reviews
Can you fall in love with a voice?

Joel and I have the perfect relationship. We can talk about anything. We spend hours on the phone, texting and doing all things a couple does. Except, we haven't even met.

It all began with an accidental phone call in the middle of the night. Now, my mystery caller has turned into my secret love and still, we've never exchanged photos...un
Published April 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Love on Hold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on Hold

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
This one was an OK cute for me. I thought the writing was pretty decent for a debut novel. That said, there were also a couple issues with it that affected my rating. One, it took WAY too long for them to actually meet in person (halfway through the book) and, two, there was too much cliché OW and OM drama. Still, the premise was cute (although I have seen WAY too many Criminal Minds episodes to find it believable that anyone with half a brain would continue to converse
Hanne
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
On his way home, Joel dials a telephone number of a woman he met that night. But it’s the wrong number, and that’s how he meets Leonie. Leonie and Joel have a pleasant and long conversation. From that moment, they text or talk on the phone regularly. Both of them trust each other and they love talking to each other, but they still agree to never meet up in real life nor tell each other how they look. One day, they will meet each other in real life and they like each other even more then.

Leonie i
Sabrina
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Very sweet new adult romance! I thought the beginning was excellent and it sucked me in right away. Could have used more fleshing out of the characters but I was impressed with the pacing and had no problem getting through the story, which in itself is a big plus for me lol :D
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Kahea
***5 ‘TDL & Scissors’ Stars***

I stumbled upon Love, On Hold thanks to an author (who I stalk) who posted the sign up and I the blurb hooked me right away. The whole wrong number bringing two people together and it turning into something more is one of those tropes that, when done right, can be a lot of fun, and this one was a lot of fun. It’s sweet, adorkable, funny with a good dose of smexy and just enough angst to keep things interesting without it being OTT.

I loved Leonie and Joel, Joel
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
3 “Enjoyable” Stars
“TDL: So would you say we have been putting love on hold?
Me: I guess we have.”

Greta
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
ARC provided in exchange of an honest review.

An okay read.
Corto, leggero e scorrevole, ma non c'era pane per i miei denti. Fino a circa la metá del libro i due non si vedono di persona e continuano la loro amicizia telefonica, fino a quando (ovviamente, cliché dei cliché) capiscono di essersi innamorati.
La storia per me si é rovinata quando l'autrice ci ha buttato dentro un ex fidanzato al limite dello stalker per lei, e un padre alcolizzato sabota-colloqui per lui. Non sapevo se ridere o pia
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
I’m always anxious when I start reading a new book after an excellent one. I’m also nervous when I start a book by a new-to-me author but it’s worse when it’s an author’s first novel which is the case for Love, On Hold.
All the premise of the book seems fun and sweet. Falling in love via phone was a little surprising but I love a good challenge so why not. Joel and Leonie were indeed a lot of sweetness during the first 20% of the book. They get to know each other and we discovered whom they are a
Siobhan
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love on Hold is Mia Miller’s debut into the world of contemporary romance writing, and it is one hell of a debut. If you’re a fan of contemporary romance, if you enjoy new adult romance, you need to give this a read. I can tell you right now, after just one book, Mia Miller is someone to watch. I may be a bit pre-emptive in saying this, but I genuinely believe such to be true – this was such a powerful debut, and I cannot wait to see where Mia Miller takes us next.

Although the wrong number trope
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: shelly
The blurb on this book drew me in immediately. I am sort of a sucker for this wrong number / texting meet-cute idea and so this was one I definitely wanted to check out. It's a quick, easy, sexy read and I did enjoy it. As far as debuts go, this one is solid and Ms. Miller shows a lot of promise.

I adored Joel and Leonie and felt like they started out very strong. I would have liked to have seen more playful, flirty banter between the two of them. I feel like it went to a sexy place pretty quickl
Clare Harrison
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a contemporary new adult story about love, loss, and following your dreams.

would you answer your mobile phone if it rang at 3.45am? that's the question this book answers, what could become of your life if you did!

Leonie the girl with her life mapped out and not interested in finding love and Joel the guy who would run a thousand miles and more to escape the man who's called his father.

As for why Leonie isn't looking for a reletionship and why Joel is running that you can find out by read
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Loved it!! Review to come :)
Realmommybooks
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so different in so many ways.
What happens when you are afraid to love?
What happen when a stranger’s voice is all you want?
This love story is amazing meeting Joel and Leonie was more then I expected. It reminds you that money has nothing to do with love. It reminds you that even though you aren’t ready for it it will come. This book will make you laugh and swoon all at the same time. It will remind you to follow your dreams. The bonus of it all was the texting and phone call those a
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Holy warm fuzzy cuteness batman! This book is adorable! Chock full of sweet, feel good, make you want to hug it goodness. I was hooked from that first wrong number phone call and head over heels in love. I haven’t read a book that made me this genuinely happy in so long. I flew through the pages of this one!

Leonie and Joel are flat out adorable. Right from the beginning of their phone only interactions you can’t help but love them. Their texts and calls quickly grow from having me giggling to s
Jo(anna) Cooper(Munson)
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it! Such great characters with wonderful chemistry. It also flowed nicely and I really like the buildup and how relatable the whole story is. Fantastic read!
Kimmarie
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an ARC. I absolutely loved this story. Leonie and Joel are so sweet. And their feelings for each other grow in the most clever way. Laugh out loud moments (LOVED Leonie's roommate!) A light fun read!

This is one of the few books I have ever cried happy tears over when I got to the final scenes. A true HEA
Amy Jenkins (dreaming_of_stories)
4.5 stars!!!! AWEEE I loved "Love on Hold", Mia Miller did an absolute fantastic job with her debut novel!! I was undeniably hooked from the very first page in. It was everything you could wish for a good romance novel, sweet, awkward, funny, STEAMY, with just a dash of drama for perfection! I really loved getting to read from both Joel and Leonie pov's, it gave it a perfect balance.

About the Story:
Leonie, Ivy league student with her whole life planned out, and love isn't part of the plan. Aft
Tiffany
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing debut book!!

I absolutely fell in love with Leonie and Joel! The banter between the two is so sweet and hot. The flow of the book is flawless and had me wanting to keep reading one more chapter that turned into 2 or 3 more. Books that have depth and meaning and a little suspense are always my favorite and Mia was able to put that all in one small package with Love, On Hold.

"I am addicted, is what I am. The man is like sugar. He got into my veins and I can't get it out."

Can't wait to rea
Stacy
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, debut-book
This was a great book for a debut author. While some debut author lack a solid plot, Mia Miller was not one of them. The storyline was great and once I drove into this book I could not put it down. Ms. Miller did a fabulous job with her characters and was able to portray them efficiently. I look forward to reading more books from this up and coming author and I suggest you get on this train. This is one author you dont want to miss.
Bethani Carter
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love on hold is MIA Miller’s writing debut. I was very impressed by this author and book. The book isnt like anything I’ve read before. Joel and Leonie's relationship begins when Joel receives a fake number that puts him in contact with Leonie. They start talking on the phone and eventually text as well. They have this amazing connection without having even met. When they meet in person, will that connection still be there?

Betty Finch
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leonie's whole life is wrapped up in her studies. Wanting to work with the U>N> has been her dream since childhood. Her life is about to change when she answers her phone in the middle of the night to a wrong number.
Joel hates his family business and wants to be his own man. When he tried to call a girl he met in a bar, he got Leonie instead and their story begins.
This books has romance, misunderstandings, trust issues and awakenings of feelings.
Ifell in love with this book and highly reco
Thuy (tweezyreads)
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a unique read. I knew I was going to enjoy it the from the first few pages. Reading the initial phone call made me giddy. I liked how you can literally watch/read how deeply they started falling for each other even though they have never met. How they both loved hearing each others voices, and texting. Joel and Leonie were really perfect together. That epilogue was P.E.R.F.E.C.T. My heart just burst because I was so damn happy reading that. Highly recommended!

bookstagrammer--tweezyr
Siddhi Nigam
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!! This gave me all kinds of fuzzy swoony feeling. I just finished reading an ARC of this book in one go and it was amazing! With such a perfect storyline and character development combined with great writing, you just can't help fall head over heels in love with Joel and Leonie! It is a must read for all romance readers! Just loved it! Totally a five star read for me! Looking forward to reading Truly yours ♥ ...more
Sue
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this as ARC, but it will not affect my honest review.

This is the first time I have read a book by Mia Miller and I cannot wait to read more books by her, I thoroughly enjoyed Love on Hold and could not put it down. Both Leonie and Joel were in their last year of college and focused on graduating and getting a job, they were not looking for love. A chance phone call in the middle of the night (wrong#) started their friendship before finally meeting when they decided to open themselves
Cat
Shelves: faves-2018
Wow! What an absolutely amazing debut novel by Mia Miller. Love on Hold has the right amount of drama, lovable characters and a warm and fuzzy plot, but then it also has that indefinable something that makes it unforgettable.

Joel and Leonie's relationship is not the ordinary sort. It started with a dialing a wrong number at 3.45am but then fate took hold. Joel is the sort of man that you would definitely want to settle down with, not just for the night, and Leonie is so relatable in the battles
Jannat Bhatti
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy that I got the chance to read this book. It has all the elements that I love in a romance novel, a swoony hero, a strong heroine and an engaging plot. I want you all to give this one a try and you won't be disappointed by this cute, sweet, feel good story.
ARC was generously provided by the author for an honest review.
Cait's Creatures
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Have you read Teagan Hunter's Let's Get Textual? Because this book reminded me of that. It was still different, Joel is SO not like Zach and Leonie definitely not like Delilah- just similar concept: wrong number leading to the love of your life. I love when books include texting banter, but when a book is centered around it? You have me at hello!

Leonie Marsh wakes up at 3am to an unknown caller looking for a booty call (why else do you call at 3am?). Leonie isn't looking for love. Love is for af
Priya
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 🌟

The blurb really pulled me to read and I started loving this cute story, but it was bit slow and most of the situation / stuff seemed bit too cliche, which was a downer for me. But still it was a cute read in a world of dark romances which I own.
The writing was decent but not something extraordinary. Though I would really love to read some other books by this author. As this was my first call/text kind of romance.
Amy Stephens
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the approach that the author took with introducing these characters. What better way to meet someone than to have a random phone call, followed up by messages. Mia Miller is a new author to me and I love her style--the writing is fresh and very appealing.

I instantly liked Leonie and Joel. The words just came natural to them and that's what made this story so enjoyable. I honestly felt like I was right back in college, watching this relationship develop. I loved that the autho
Paulette
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an interesting concept for a book! Wasn’t sure how it was going to play out but I was pleasantly surprised.

How nice is to get to know the soul of someone first before you actually get to meet them?Does chemistry hold true when you come face to face when you’ve only dealt with a voice?
Are you above physical appearance in the event that a voice doesn’t match up with what you’ve pictured in your mind? If you’ve bonded with someone over the phone and you meet does that bonding supersede the phy
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Mia Miller started writing as a getaway from a taxing day job in a multinational corp. A lover of all things romance since forever, Mia tries to find a little bit of a love story even in zombie movies. She likes her book boyfriends Alpha and her novels naughty.

Nowadays Mia can be constantly found typing away, with her Dogo Argentino at her feet. Mia brings to her readers books in the New Adult and
“Sweetness, you're my high.” 1 likes