Start by marking “The Family Gathering (Sullivan's Crossing #3)” as Want to Read:
The Family Gathering (Sullivan's Crossing #3)

The Family Gathering

(Sullivan's Crossing #3)

Having left the military, Dakota Jones is at a crossroads in his life. With his elder brother and youngest sister happily settled in Sullivan’s Crossing, he shows up hoping to clear his head before moving on to his next adventure. But, like every visitor to the Crossing, he’s immediately drawn to the down-to-earth people and the seemingly simple way of life.

Dakota is
Published April 17th 2018 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Family Gathering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Family Gathering

Start your review of The Family Gathering (Sullivan's Crossing #3)
Debra
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

"In our family, we don't hide crazy...we put it on the porch and give it a cocktail."
-Anonymous

The family gathering is the third book in the Sullivan's Crossing series, but it works very well as a standalone novel. Having said that, I do recommend reading the first two books (What we find and Any Day Now) as they introduce the reader to characters that are seen in this book and provide you with their backstory. Robyn Carr builds a community in her books centered around family members;
Debbie Oliphant
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh, I did not want this story to end. This is the third installment of the Sullivan's Crossing series and it picked up from the previous books. For the fans of Ms. Carr, you are taken on a journey through thoughtful storytelling as you connect and fall in love with all of the characters in the series, similar to her Virgin River series.

This installment centers around Dakota Jones, brother of Cal and Sierra, from books one and two. He decides to take a break and visit his siblings with the
Jonetta
We’re back at Sullivan’s Crossing in Timberlake, Colorado, this time focused on Dakota Jones. He’s the elusive brother of Cal and Sierra who left home as soon as he became of age and has never returned. He’s an Army Ranger recently discharged from the service and comes to visit his siblings, not certain (as usual) how long he’ll stay. But, a surprising thing happens to him this time. He begins bonding with his extended family and others in the community, a first for him. And, he’s becoming drawn ...more
♥Rachel♥
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robyn Carr is one of my all-time favorite contemporary romance writers. She writes realistic romances that warm your heart, usually set in a quaint small town with an abundance of lovable secondary characters. The Family Gathering is the third book in the Sullivan’s Crossing series and centered on another one of the Jones’ siblings, Dakota.

Dakota distanced himself from his wacko parents as soon as he was old enough to enlist in the army and hasn’t been around his brother and two sisters in
Auntee
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Robyn Carr; contemporary romance fans
Very satisfying reading--now this was a story I could sink my teeth into.
Mainly this story was about returning Army Ranger Dakota (Cody) Jones and his search for his place in this world, and him finding the life he didn't think he wanted--until he found the woman who he couldn't live without.

Dakota turns up at Sullivan's Crossing where two of his three siblings (Cal--What We Find, and Sierra--Any Day Now) have now settled and have happy and fulfilling lives. Dakota thinks he'll stay awhile and
Beth
Recently retired Army Ranger, Dakota Jones, heads to Sullivan’s Crossing to spend some time with his siblings. He is surprised with the connection that begins to grow between him and his sibs but is even more surprised by his attraction to the local bar tender…even though she’s giving him a tough time of it.

There is a lot of smiles and laughs but its tinged with the seriousness of growing up in a dysfunctional family and the effect it had on all the family members years later.

Dakota never set
Susan
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Family Gathering

Robyn Carr

Received from Netgalley

THE FAMILY GATHERING is the third book in the Sullivan’s Crossing series. I was so excited to find out Robyn Carr had a new series about to begin and Sullivan’s Crossing has been so much fun to read. Robyn is my favorite author and I devour everything she writes. I’ve never read a Robyn Carr book I didn’t love. THE FAMILY GATHERING is a heart warming addition to what is becoming a wonderful series.

THE FAMILY GATHERING takes place in Colorado
Kathryn
Yikes I loved it.
Every so often I look forward to reading a certain book and then feel a little let down when I read it. Not so with The Family Gathering, #3 in Robyn Carr's Sullivan's Crossing. I love, love, loved every word of it.

I've come to love this little community and the spirit that exists among them. And I really looked forward to brother Dakota's story and it was everything that I wanted and more. Yes more! Because we had updates of Maggie and Cal and little Elizabeth. We saw Sully
Amy
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in a series that’s set in an idyllic small town I Colorado, I read the second book last year and was excited to catch up with the characters again. You could easily jump in at any point, these books read fine as a standalone, although it was nice to see some familiar characters as secondary characters this time around. Last book it was Sierra’s story and this one focused on her brother, Dakota.

Carr writes the type of romance novels that I can handle, they’re not over the
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATINGS: 4 STARS
2018; Mira/HarperCollins Canada
(Review Not on Blog)

I love Robyn Carr series and writing! I love the small-towns with realistic story lines and endearing characters. Even though each book focuses on a hero and heroine's journey, most of the characters
make appearances in other books. It gives us more of their stories. In the third instalment of Sullivan's Crossing we meet Cal and Sierra's brother, Dakota. He has come to Timberlake, Colorado to put down roots after his military
mindful.librarian ☀️
Not a formal review - I DNF at 50% so I won't be rating this. I loved the first two books in the series but DNF this one based on 3 things that I found problematic. They aren't overtly problematic and I probably wouldn't have even noticed them a few years ago, but now I do notice and I can't overlook them.

1) one of the descriptions of body size and how a man convinced a woman she's beautiful "even though she's overweight" BLECH
2) the depiction of Sunni Muslim culture - I was given feedback by a
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars

I enjoy the Sullivan's crossing books. They kind of remind me of the Virgin River series. If you like series set in a small town with repeating characters you will probably like this one. Robyn Carr manages to write 'almost fantasy' in that her people always get their act together and, even though there are flaws here and there, things always work out. Great escapist reading.
I think book 1 was the best of the lot but this was good too.
Julianna
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Small-Town Contemporary Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" The Family Gathering is the latest release in Robyn Carr’s Sullivan’s Crossing series. I waffled mightily on how to rate this one. The first two books of the series were pleasant. For the most part, I enjoyed them and rated each one four stars, but I felt that they still had some weaknesses that left me wanting more. That said, though, with each new book the series has been getting a little better, and after reading this one, I felt like the author might
☕️Kimberly
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Carr brings the romance, characters and small town to life. I would love to spend the summer in one the cabins on the lake. I could see myself having a mealin the quaint Colorado town and taking long hikes with my husband. This is one of the things that draws me to Carr's small-town series. Like the Virgin River series, Sullivans Crossing shares siblings, newcomers, and townsfolks making the reader feel as if they are returning for a visit.

With Dakota's story comes some interesting
Jamie Beck
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It’s always a pleasure to come back to Sullivan’s Crossing. I think Dakota might be my favorite Jones so far, and Sydney a wonderful heroine (not only for him, but also in her own right). I loved her background (smarty-pants physicist) and her masquerading (so to speak) as a bartender while she sorts out the pieces of her life after a major heartache of her own.

Ms. Carr always does an amazing job of weaving complicated and layered family relationships and real-world problems together, all while
ShoSho
I didn't enjoy the main characters at all, they were boring. If it wasn't for the secondary characters I would have given this 2 stars.
Pam Jenoff
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You've doubtless heard of #1 NYT bestselling author Robyn Carr. If you haven't and love memorable family sagas, I urge you to read her Sullivan's Crossing series. I particularly love her latest, The Family Gathering, in which Dakota Jones, who has just left the military, comes to the the small town in rural Colorado to figure out what comes next. He finds himself coming to terms with his grown siblings and their complicated past, as well as the prospect of letting someone in and finding love.
Kate Douglas
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Two things I absolutely love about Robyn Carr’s stories are the powerful sense of family she creates, and the amazing characters who populate those families. I fell in love with the characters in her Virgin River series, and again reading her Thunder Point novels. Sullivan’s Crossing has the same sense of place with a totally unique and yet powerful family—the kind of family we build, not necessarily the one we’re born into. THE FAMILY GATHERING offers both.

The series revolves around the
Siobhan
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read and enjoyed Any Day Now, the second book in Robyn Carr’s Sullivan’s Crossing series, I told myself I would go back and read the first book, What We Found. I wanted more of the characters and the setting, I wanted to dig deeper into the world. Sadly, I have yet to read What We Found, but when I was given the chance to dive into the third book, The Family Gathering, I was happy to return to the world.

Personally, I would recommend reading at least the prior book before diving into this
The Lit Bitch
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it

This year I have tried to read a little more fluffy contempo romances. I’ve sometimes felt that I get pigeon holed into reviewing just historical fiction—don’t get me wrong, historical fiction is my jam but sometimes I need a break and could go for something a little more modern and different just to keep things interesting.

Romances never seem to get old for me and I think a lot of women would agree. It doesn’t matter how cliche or repetitive the romance might seem–theres just
Laurel-Rain
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Dakota is unprepared for how quickly things get complicated. As a newcomer, he is on everyone’s radar—especially the single women in town.
Kathleen
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Robyn Carr once again takes us on an emotional journey with her 3rd book in the Sullivan's Crossing series.

I started this book and couldn't put it down. Each page brought the reader into the lives of the Jones siblings and we laughed, cried and shared the joys of family life that her readers could in some way relate to.

This book centers around Dakota Jones, who has left the military and when he finished traveling after his discharge, comes to Sullivan's Crossing to have some time with his
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
I’m going to sound like a broken record but...

Robyn Carr is such an amazing writer. And when I read one of her books it is like coming home to a comfortable, warm and loving place.

She writes family, relationships and the concept of life so very well. Her books really hit home for me. And they remind me that life is full of ups and downs. That the human spirit can endure and move on.

And this book was no different, I have grown to love this clan and all there quirks, faults and their big giant
Pam Nelson
Oh, I loved this book; hmm do I say that about every Robyn Carr book??
LMAO maybe I do. But it doesn’t make it any less true.
This book had a lot of emotional elements and it just adds to the story. We get our past characters and I never feel like I miss them with each book that comes out. So we never miss out on what is going on. I love this!!

This book had Dakota he is a newcomer to town so he is sought after by a lot of the single women in the town. One gets a little out of hand…..

Overall a
KathyB
Nice addition to the Sullivan's Crossing series. The main couple, along with the secondary characters are well developed and interesting.

I really enjoyed this one, I'm moving on to The Best of Us.

** This can be read as a standalone, but it's best to read in order.

4.25 Stars
Nora-adrienne
An amazing story about a family with a past that scares them even as adults. A decorated veteran coming to spend time with his family, not looking for permanence but just a short visit. They all need each other like never before and manage to find a way to help each other and support each other.

That's only the bare bones of this story, but it's enough to make you pick up the book and NOT put it down till you finish it.
Lorelei's
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished reading THE FAMILY GATHERING by Robyn Carr and it’s fantastic! I laughed, swooned, was amused, loved seeing all the siblings in this series together, facing challenges and celebrating happy moments. I ended THE FAMILY GATHERING with happy tears streaming down my cheeks. A very satisfying and emotional story.
Robyn Carr’s stories are not only great romances that entertain, but they're also an example of how people should engage with others. I'm always happy when her stories evoke in me
Dawn ♥ romance
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed this story with plenty of action that moved right along. It covered multiple relationships exploring varying issues all with lots of emotion. I found the heroine's history interestingly complex and liked the hero's perseverance. I was absorbed from beginning to end. Ex-military Dakota plans a long visit with his siblings and becomes attracted to bartender Sidney.
Lisa
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. Couldn't put it down. The different family members seem normal enough despite the mention of issues. Now I'm waiting to read the next volume.
Kirsten #doagrouchafavorday #kyotoprotocolday #timtamday
The Sullivan's Crossing series is really very satisfying. I read #4 before this one, which I normally don't do, but it doesn't seem as important with romances.

Number three was extra satisfying because it wasn't just a romance, it was a story about families. We were also introduced to the married sister, Sedona, and - for some reason - those were the most satisfying scenes in the book (apart from the ones with dogs).

• When We Found Home
  • Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc, #3)
  • Not Quite Over You (Happily Inc, #4)
  • The Cottages on Silver Beach (Haven Point, #8)
  • California Girls
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • The Summer of Sunshine and Margot
  • Season of Wonder (Haven Point, #9)
  • Window on the Bay
  • Sisters Like Us (Mischief Bay, #4)
  • Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2)
  • Cottage by the Sea
  • Between You and Me
  • Welcome to Moonlight Harbor (Moonlight Harbor, #1)
  • The Cliff House
  • Herons Landing (Honeymoon Harbor, #1)
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • The Good Luck Sister (Wildstone, #1.5)
Robyn Carr is a RITA Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The fourth novel, THE BEST OF US, in her fan-favorite Sullivan's Crossing Series was released in Jan. 2019. Robyn's new women's fiction novel THE VIEW FROM ALAMEDA ISLAND, released in April 2019, deputed on four bestseller lists: The ...more

Sullivan's Crossing (5 books)
  • What We Find (Sullivan's Crossing, #1)
  • Any Day Now (Sullivan's Crossing, #2)
  • The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
“It’s not what you get in life that will make you whole, but what you give.” 0 likes
“It's not what you get in life that will make you whole, but what you give.” 0 likes