Start by marking “The Hideaway (Lavender Shores, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Hideaway (Lavender Shores, #5)

The Hideaway

(Lavender Shores #5)

Lavender Shores’s resident tattoo artist, Connor Clark, looks the part—six foot six, musclebound, and covered in ink—and most definitely doesn’t blend in. Grafted into the Bryant family as a teenager to escape his abusive father, the Bryants saved his life, but Connor has never truly felt a part of the founding family royalty. And if his heart’s desire were revealed, it ...more
Published November 5th 2017 by Wings of Ink Publications, LLC

Start your review of The Hideaway (Lavender Shores, #5)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is my favorite book of the series, even though it didn't start that way. The story begins 17 months AFTER the day Connor and Micah (almost) hook up in the bathroom; that's the prologue.

Chapter 1 plops us into the middle of a story: Connor and Micah are barely speaking. Micah has a boyfriend (which WTF?). And Connor's 17-year-old nephew, gay and rescued from his ultra-religious, homophobic family (Connor's brother is Moses' dad), is now living with him. Connor and Micah's mom has adopted
CrabbyPatty
In The Hideaway, we get the story of Micah and Connor ... the two Bryant brothers. Not biological brothers, but Connor Clark was enfolded by the Bryant family when he was 13 and escaped from his abusive uber-religious family. Gilbert Bryant considers Connor his brother, but over the years nine-year-old Micah Bryant goes from hero worship to falling in love with Connor.

As the story begins, we learn that Connor and Micah desperately love each other ... but how on earth do you tell your family,
Cadiva
Shelves: favorites
The one I'd been waiting for!

Best one yet easily for me. I'd been waiting for Connor and Micah's story since this series started and I first read the hints on the author's website that there might be more between this pair than just brothers (not blood brothers so stop panicking!)

It was certainly worth the effort and the wait, although I'd have loved to read it earlier in the series, it really did work best as the final one in this first block of five stories from Brandon Witt's alter ego.

There
haletostilinski
4.5 stars rounded up!

I ended up very much enjoying this one. I'm coming in the in the middle of the series, but thankfully I wasn't too out of the loop on things and this one - and I'm assuming the rest - can be read as a standalones. But I enjoyed this one so much that I'm going go to the beginning and start reading all of this in order now.

This blurb was the one that caught my attention the most, and I've had it on the back burner and finally decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did.

Micah
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

Don’t get me wrong : I liked it, but it didn’t woo me.

This time, we get Micah and Connor’s story. Connor was adopted by Micah’s parents, escaping a religious and abusive family. And from day one, Micah worshipped Connor. And once Micah grew up, he accepted his loving feelings for Connor, a love that Connor fights as much as he can.

What I couldn’t comprehend was the need for Connor to stay away from Micah while their connections was very apparent and their family always showed love
Nat ReadingAllNite
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every book in this series so far has been a stellar read but this just went to the top of the list. Rosalind Abel brought their A game for Connor’s story, the adopted son of the Bryant family, who’s been rather enigmatic until now. I was anticipating a different beginning to this book, since we last saw him with Micah in The Shipwreck. However, Connor’s life has changed drastically, since his 17 year old nephew, Moses, is now in his care. The background for both Connor and Moses is distressing, ...more
Debra
Reviewed for Sinfully.

One of the things I really love about the Lavender Shores series is that every book has a different feel. This one ratcheted up the angst and heartache, but once again gave me a beautiful love story. If you haven’t read any of the prior books, this one would work very well as a standalone.

For Micah Bryant and Connor Clark, their clandestine love affair has been going on for years. Connor was brought into the Bryant family at thirteen and raised as their own,
Chris
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.5 for this one. While I enjoyed this book it just didn’t feel balanced for me - Conner & Micah were great characters but the brothers to husband vibe, while cute, was hard to imagine. I understood the reactions from others and in no way did it feel taboo, it just felt out of balance. I’ve stuck with this series and have enjoyed the easy read... but now it’s time for some heat !
Leslie
/5 Stars
/5 Heat

I continue to live dangerously and read this series completely out of order. Sorry, not sorry. I loved Micah and Connor and the tiny amount of the taboo or forbidden factor. Not enough to be icky but enough to make them extra hot together.
Sandra
4.5 stars!

In this 5th book in this fantastic series we finally get the story of Connor and Micah, the two Bryant brothers. Well, they're not actually blood-related brothers, because that would be super icky, but Connor Clark was sort of adopted into the Bryant family when he was merely 13, escaping from his super-religious and abusive family, and Micah has been in love with him ever since.

Micah even tried seducing Connor when he was just 16 and Connor was 20 and home from college.

The book
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

It took a good deal of trust in this writer to get me to read this book. I really can't stand forbidden romances of this nature with stepbrother or in this case adopted brother. I have an adopted brother so eww. But he was adopted when I was a toddler and he was just four and Connor comes into his adopted family as teen. I can squint my eyes and deal with this plot.

Anyway, Connor is a wonderful hero. Micah is great too but privileged, naive, and reckless in places, I like that he grows
Jess A Jaye
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fab installment in the Lavender Shores series. The angst level was cranked up on this one in some ways compared to the rest of the series. Seeing Micah and Connor struggle with their love for each other and keeping their years long relationship a secret is heartbreaking. They belong together but felt they couldn't be out to their family. Not because they are gay but because they a brothers. Don't worry its not the icky kind. Connor was taken in by Micah's family after being rejected by ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
3.5's

This was a difficult read for me. I was a bit uncomfortable through the whole thing.

I think I still enjoyed it, difficult or not.

Sometimes the difficult is the most rewarding I guess because the end was a spectacular reward.

The last two books in this series have been so hard for me to rate and review. I think I expect fluff and fun from these books and forget they are so much more.

Who is next? Five more books to go!

Stealing this from Dani's review because it needs to be said again!!

In the
Maggie
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I think this is my favorite of the entire series so far! I just love Connor and Micah. To overcome his past, dealing with his nephew and finally coming to terms with his feelings, this journey Connor has been on is so well worth it. Well done!!
Elaine White
Book – The Hideaway
Series – Lavender Shores #5
Author – Rosalind Abel
Star rating -
No. of Pages – 266
Cover – Gorgeous!
POV – 1st person, dual POV
Would I read it again – Yes!
Genre – LGBT, Romance, Contemporary
Content Warning – history of parental abuse, religious homophobia

I've said it before, and I'll say it again – every book in this series that I read is my favourite, until the next one comes out. The proof is in the fact that I've rated EVERY. SINGLE. BOOK five stars. I'd give them ten, if I
Lila Hunter
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 11-uc-mm
Rating: 4.5 stars
Ann
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Connor and Micah's story. The hoops they have to jump to until they find their HEA! So beautifully written. One which will need a plentiful supply of tissues to hand.
DTM
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m so in love with the Lavender Shore series. I’ve been anxiously awaiting Micah and Connor’s story..I was NOT disappointed..This is not an easy story. It’s an emotional journey for the boys and the reader, but they do get their HEA!!!! The Hideaway is not as whimsical as some of the other stories. It’s is definitely grittier, and you will feel it in your gut. I absolutely loved it!! The entire series is a must read and so well written! I want more please! (The entire series is on KU)
The Smutbrarians
Panty Scorching: 5
Over All Rating: 4.25 Stars
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Connor Clark is the black sheep of the Bryant family. Well, the pygmy goat as his unique family renamed him. Covered in ink, the tattoo artist loves adopted family but would they feel the same if they knew his loving feelings for his brother. Micah Bryant is a talented violinist and organic vegetable grower. Recently moving back into the area has rekindled his own
Carra
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have probably thought this after each book in this series, but this one’s my favorite of the Lavender Shores series so far! Everything about Connor and Micah’s story was just clutching at my heart. It’s a situation where you KNOW there’s nothing wrong with the way that they feel about each other, but so many people get stuck on the terminology of “brother” that it creates circumstances that others can’t see past.

It was heartbreaking to me to see Connor being torn apart like he was. You could
Glakritz

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rated Mature M/M
Release Date Nov 7 2017
Page Count ?

I have been enthralled by this wonderful series. Our author has set up a ack drop with a beautiful town in the North West Called Lavender Falls. The town the scenery is a picture in my mind of a Currier and Ives painting of perfection.

Our author has taken that perfection of Lavender Falls and now introduces us to
Dixiecowgirl
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you know in your heart that you are right, but you are afraid that everyone will think you are wrong? Imagine the heartbreak when the person you love, if you love him openly, that action could lose you your family? The Hideaway is filled with laughs, tears, complex characters and delightfully written characters. The characters and town is so well developed that you feel it in your heart! Hot men engaging in intense moments of passion will steam up your glasses!

Micah and Connor
Mia Sciberras
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to recieve an ARC for The Hideaway via Brandon Witt and I'll be the first to say I'm a big fan of this series and have thoroughly enjoyed the lives, the loves & lovers, the premise of Lavender Shores and it's founding families. These books have this wonderful balance of angst given just the right level of emotions to get the heart racing, humour to have the lips decidedly quirking and passion that is embraced in this sexy, delightful way that is endearing, enlightening and ...more
Molli B.
Good! Enjoyable, quick, and easy. I liked both guys, I liked their story, and I liked getting to know the weird little town better, even if I'm not going about it linearly. (And my opinions about certain characters have definitely been formed by reading The Wilderness first *coughadriancough*.)

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is that in both this book and The Wilderness there were times when a chapter ended and we never got to see what happened next, in instances when what happened next was kind
Dara Nelson
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some books, if you're truly lucky, pull you in. Their words grab you with an invisible hand and suck you into the pages, holding you, keeping you safe within their pages as you explore the beauty within. This was one of those books. From the very first time you meet Connor and Micah, you're not only falling in love with them, you're rooting for them, pulling for them to get the happily ever after they deserve despite the situation that throws them together and is a seemingly insurmountable ...more
kathleen
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rosalind Abel has created an amazing series with the Lavender Shores novels. She has developed such multi layered characters that the readers can connect with. The world she has built is filled with color, love, pain and joy. In other words, life.

The Hideaway is Book 5 in this amazing series. Micah and Connor’s story. The journey they have to their HEA is long and painful, but always filled with love. A love so strong they can’t deny it.

This story truly had me feeling every emotion. I laughed,
Amy
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The problem with this author's books is that they write such bloody wonderful characters that you fall in love with them in each book, and then you swear that "THIS IS MY FAVORITE NOW". Until you read the next book. Yeah, so I loved this book. The brother/not brother thing is just the kind of kinky story I can get behind. Connor and Micah are just destined for each other. I loved Micah's sass and Connor's deeply hidden vulnerability. It's always fun to visit with the founding families, but ...more
Susan Reeves
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easily my favourite of the Lavender Shores series! There are two scenes that happen in two vastly different places that made the whole book for me. They drew me in and kept me mesmerised the whole time, and one in particular I could almost see myself there. I won't give spoilers but hopefully you get the same goose bumps and hot flushes I did LOL!

Not much else to say other than Rosalind hit this one out of the park. Right up there with my favourites of the year x
Lisa
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Micah and Connors book was amazing. These two men who grew up together find themselves attracted to each other. They both struggle dealing with their feelings because one of them is all in while the other pushes away the feelings he has. In the end they realize they belong together and get a HEA. I highly recommend reading The Hideaway you won't be disappointed.
Francisca Morar
Very nice book. Totally recommend!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • A Very Marian Christmas (Made Marian, #7)
  • Slick (Significant Brothers, #3)
  • A Fighting Chance (A Bridge to Abingdon #2)
  • Trace (Significant Brothers #4)
  • Flash Rip
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Reawaken (Under My Skin #2)
  • The Right Way (The Way Home #3)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Poetry in Motion
  • A Dye Hard Holiday (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #5)
  • The Long Way (The Way Home #2)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)

Lavender Shores (9 books)
  • The Palisade (Lavender Shores, #1)
  • The Garden (Lavender Shores, #2)
  • The Veranda (Lavender Shores, #3)
  • The Shipwreck (Lavender Shores, #4)
  • The Glasshouse (Lavender Shores #6)
  • The Alcove (Lavender Shores, #7)
  • The Wilderness (Lavender Shores, #8)
  • The Victorian (Lavender Shores #9)