Start by marking “As in Olden Days (Questions of War #0.5)” as Want to Read:
As in Olden Days (Questions of War #0.5)

As in Olden Days

(Questions of War 0.5)

A prequel to the "Questions of War" series. Set during the Christmas of 1939.
Published October 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about As in Olden Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As in Olden Days

Jesseca Wheaton
Sep 07, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Because Christmas stories are amazing. ;) To be published in kindle and special addition papeback October 10th.
Sarah Grace Grzy
Oh my goodness! This was so adorable! I just love it so much. *hugs kindle* I loved getting a glimpse at these beloved characters pre-A Question of Honor. Gil and Lily are just so cute! As are David and Elaine. <3 Rafe, of course, if Rafe. Love that guy! You can tell he's definitely grown up in the next two books though. ;)

Just super short, sweet, and simple! So sweet!
Maddy
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books, reviewed
Oh my goodness, this book is so good! I read “ A Question of Honor” before this so it was definitely bittersweet knowing what’s to come for these characters. <3 I absolutely loved the Christmas setting, it was perfect! The characters are amazing and have the sweetest personalities. Gil and Lily were so cute in this one! David and Rafe were great too. ;)

Jesseca has done an amazing job with this series. The story immediately pulls you in and you will fall in love with these characters!

“ I rec
Kellyn Roth
Originally posted on Reveries Reviews.

Title: As in Olden Days

Author: Jesseca Wheaton

Series: Questions of War, 0.5

Genre: Christian Historical Short Story (@Christmas)

Era: late 1940s

Setting: Kansas

Publisher: Jesseca Wheaton

Source: from author (in exchange for honest review)

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 stars

AS IN OLDEN DAYS BY JESSECA WHEATON

The short story prequel to the Questions of War series, As in Olden Days is an adorable Christmas story about all our favorite characters – Gil, David, Lily, Elaine,
Karis
Awww... So sweet, a little bittersweet, though, knowing what's coming for all the characters in the future. Review to come...
Deborah
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ooohhhhh... my heart. I can’t take anymore.

Seriously people, this short story just tops it all. It was endearing to see all the characters in their own world. No war, no drama. Just them. Together as a family. My heart just melted. Literally.

Reading this after I know how everything will end, it just made me want to cry. Gil. You will always be my favorite. Even though Rafe is trying to take that spot.

I loved the Christmas setting. And that cover is sooo perfect for the story. So care-free and
R.A.
Ohhhh I love this!!

Sweet, Christmas-time reads are so lovely and this one was great!!! It had that happy feeling throughout the whole thing!

The guys' teasing was so funny - quite the teasing most girls know about! ;) And that mistletoe part!!! Cracked me up!!

I read book 1 and 2 of this series before this one, because I hadn't realized there was a prequal!! :D And since I read those already, I knew all the characters in this book!! :)

(view spoiler)
Bethany
Oh, what a sweet, sad story! The prequel to "A Question of Courage", it portrays the characters from that book, David, Gilbert, Lily and Elaine, about a year before, when they are all together with the rest of David's family on the Sullivan farm. The contrast between the carefree, happy, joking, teasing, laughing friends to how they are in the next book, in the middle of a war, is significantly noticeable. Although this short story in itself is not sad in any way (unlike the next book), knowing, ...more
Zielle
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, short-stories
4.8 stars. I loved this short story prequel to A Question of Honor! Who doesn't love Christmas stories? The writing was good, the characters, I loved (especially David, Gil and Rafe. I can't choose between them, so for now they're all mine).
The setting needed a little more help, but it's only three chapters. The ending was a bit sudden, but overall, I loved it! It was so sweet, and the relationship between the siblings and friends was great. It was awesome to see a prequel to A Question of Hono
Faith
If you have followed my blog for any length of time or if you know me, you've probably heard me talk about the Questions of War series. I love book-1, I love book-2 even more, and I'm not-so-patiently awaiting the rest of the series.

But...then the mastermind author came up with a prequel novella, set during the Christmas of 1939 which just so happens to be the Christmas before the series begins....and I love it so much. <3

The story is precious and sweet, humorous and endearing. If you've re
Angie Thompson
This was a sweet little prequel to the Questions of War series. It was fun to see them just enjoying life and Christmas before the plunge into war and trouble, and all the goofy banter and horseplay was sweet and realistic. It did take a little while for me to get straight whether certain people were married at this point (it's obvious by the end of the story, just not in the beginning). Also, the editing is a little bit rough in places. But overall a darling little story. <3
Victoria Lynn
Gracelyn Buckner
Jan 24, 2018
Bethany
Mar 13, 2018
Jesseca is a daughter, sister, and a child of God. Her days are spent reading, cooking, spending time with siblings, or playing piano. And writing, of course! At an early age words fascinated her, and her love for the printed page has only grown. She lives with her parents and seven siblings in the sunny state of Kansas, and she’s convinced there’s no place like home.

Questions of War (3 books)
  • A Question of Honor (Questions of War #1)
  • A Question of Courage (Questions of War #2)
  • A Question of Loyalty (Questions of War #3)