Start by marking “My Gentleman Spy (The Duke of Strathmore, #5)” as Want to Read:
My Gentleman Spy (The Duke of Strathmore, #5)

My Gentleman Spy

(The Duke of Strathmore #5)

Former spy William Saunders' world is turned upside down the day he rescues missionary worker Hattie Wright from the deep blue waters off the coast of Gibraltar.

When circumstances compel them to share a cramped cabin on the boat trip back to London, desire and passion ignite between them. Hattie sees the time with Will as a brief respite before she goes back to her mission
Published February 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about My Gentleman Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Gentleman Spy

Sissy's Romance Book Review
My Gentleman Spy by Sasha Cottman is the Fifth book in "The Duke of Strathmore". This is the story of William Saunders and Hattie Wright. I haven't yet read the previous book so for me this was easily a standalone book.
Will has been a undercover operative for His Majesty government but now has moved past that to work his way home to London and be reacquainted with the town.
Hattie is with her parents and Reverend Peter Brown is now her future husband. They are all going through West coast of Af
Barbara Rogers
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-arc, iblog
Series: The Duke of Strathmore #5
Publication Date: 2/1/18

Gibraltar 1817 - ‘Hattie Wright sucked in a deep breath before slowly letting the air back out. The long drop over the side of the ship to the water below was a heart-rending distance.’ Thus begins our adventure in this well written and well-plotted novel. This is the first time I’ve read anything by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. While this book is part of a series, I felt it could easily be read as a stand-alone. I liked that a
Dee Deacon Foster
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the very first page Sasha Cottman captured my attention and it never waivered until “the end”.
Hattie Wright is determined to take charge of her life and definitely makes a splash in doing so. In her struggle to survive she is rescued by a gentleman that she soon comes to have feelings for; however, in fear of being sent back to the life she is escaping she’s not willing to give details of her life. A voyage to the empty home she was forced to leave with her handsome savior as her companion
Helen
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a story that is fast paced with lots of action, danger and of course a very sensual romance. Hero William Saunders is heading home from Europe after the war, as a spy he has been through a lot, he is in Gibraltar waiting passage home to England when he sees a woman fall from a ship, and this will turn his world upside down as he rescues Miss Harriet Wright.

Hattie is desperate to get away from her fiancé and the life her parents want for her in Africa and this calls for drastic action, sh
Regan Walker
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Regency with a Side Trip to Gibraltar

An unusual Regency romance that begins in an exotic locale and then takes you back to London.

Set in 1817, beginning in Gibraltar, this is the story of Hattie Wright, the daughter of missionaries who sail to Africa with Hattie and a fiancé forced upon her. Hattie rebels and jumps ship. Swimming to Gibraltar, she is rescued by William Saunders, a British former spy, who is headed home to England.

Sharing a small cabin on the ship back to London, Hattie gives h
Kari Maass
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story. I found it to be entertaining and full of dramatic action. The hero is extremely likable and the heroine a good mix of bravery and insecurity as most of us are!
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked when I read the blurb for this story. Secret agents, danger, and passion in a historical romance! What could be better? I’m a sucker for passion and adventure and this book had it in spades.

It seemed Hattie Wright’s life was planned out for her. After her parents experienced a sudden conversion to a puritan sect of the church, Hattie found herself in Spain on a boat bound for mission work in Africa along with her parents and her newly acquired fiancé, Peter. A dour fiancé not of h
Avis
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

***I voluntarily reviewed this book which I received from the author in exchange for a true and honest review.***

Hattie Wright was young woman who was tired of things being decided for herself. So when you she took a leap of faith (literally) her life changed directions completely. She was woman who wanted to make a difference but without the support of family and friends, things looked very bleak. She wanted to have control over her destiny and she honestly felt most men of the ton would not un
Evie Snow
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of historicals that feature outside-the-box settings and premises and this one succeeded on both counts. I doubt I've ever read a story that begins with the heroine taking the action that Hattie does at the beginning of this wonderful story and it had me hooked straight away.

My Gentleman Spy is romance at it's best; Intelligent, with well-rounded characters and a unique perspective on the era it's set in. I particularly loved Cottman's take on Hattie's family and why she was driv
Heather
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sasha Cottman has yet to disappoint. She writes of love, adventure, heartache and redemption. The hero William Saunders is a spy. He's couregous and loving but gives the appearance of being overprotective at times. The heroine Hattie Wright has always been a dutiful daughter til one day she found her spark. She discovered her self worth, her independence, her strength, and her voice. Ms. Cottman takes the reader on an adventure, starting leaps of faith and an abundance of courage to little twist ...more
Loren Madsen
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this is book number 5, I was able to enjoy it as a stand-alone. If you like a heroine who knows her own mind and a dashing love interest who is commanding at the right times, then I think you will enjoy this historical romance.
I recommend the book, and will be looking forward to reading numbers 1 to 5. 😊
Sonia Sandhu
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I have not read the other books in this series but that did not take away from this book. I thought the story was a little predictable but I did enjoy the cat and mouse back and fourth between the main characters. It was addicting as I finished it in one sitting. Definitely recommend to someone who enjoys romance and comedy.
Leesa Bow
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hattie and Will's story is a page turner from start to finish. It is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone. The drama, angst, and romance kept me on the edge of my seat right from the beginning. I fell in love with Will; and Hattie—a determined, strong heroine—won my heart. As secrets unfold it becomes clear these two belong together. Highly recommend this love story.
Suzannah
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another exciting book

I enjoyed My Gentleman Spy. So far Ms. Coleman's stories have been very entertaining. This one was not my favorite; however, it was still enjoyable. Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Roz ~ My Written Romance
Loved it! In the process of writing my review, but safe to say it was fabulous!
Elaine
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bloody Brilliant! Wonderful story. I loved it!
Willette Lewis
Dec 17, 2018
David P Godbout
Aug 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Born in England, but raised in Australia, Sasha has a love for both countries. Having her heart in two places has created a love for travel, which at last count was to over 55 countries. A travel guide is always on her pile of new books to read.
Sasha lives with her husband, her university student daughter and a cat who demands a starring role in the next book. She has found new hiding spots for he

The Duke of Strathmore (7 books)
  • Letter from a Rake (The Duke of Strathmore, #1)
  • An Unsuitable Match (The Duke of Strathmore, #2)
  • The Duke's Daughter (The Duke of Strathmore, #3)
  • A Scottish Duke for Christmas (The Duke of Strathmore, #4)
  • Lord of Mischief (The Duke of Strathmore Book 6)
  • The Ice Queen (The Duke of Strathmore Book 7)