Start by marking “Wild Man (Smith Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild Man (Smith Brothers, #2)

Wild Man

(Smith Brothers #2)

The first time I saw Beau Smith’s face, I fell for him… hard. There’s just a few tiny problems. He lives wild. I’ve never left the city. He wants a wife who can handle his harsh world. I just want him.

He’s been burnt in the past, and he won’t let me in easily, but there’s no denying the spark between us, so intense it could set the woods on fire. And with every hot and di
Published November 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Wild Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Man

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

Wild Man is book two in The Smith Brothers series by Sherilee Gray. I fell in love with the first book in this series, Mountain Man, where we met the first of these hot twin Smith brothers, Hank. Now it is his brother Beau’s turn to see if he can get his own happily ever after.

Where Hank had lived his entire life on that mountain in Colorado, Beau ran from it for years, trying to find happiness elsewhere. But he couldn’t find it. He knew the only happy ending he would get was on
Claire Robinson
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "It took a determined city girl to make me see the light." Stars!

Wild Man gives us the second Smith Brother’s story, and awwww I just loved Beau.

Beau has taken to on-line dating to try and meet a woman that fits in with his needs. Someone who is happy in the outdoors, likes hunting, fishing and generally getting down and dirty with nature. And Freya Thomas seems to fit the bill perfectly, what with living on a ranch as a child and going rabbit hunting with her uncle…

"You look just like you
Carvanz
Freya met Beau on a dating website. He was looking for a wife and his only requirements were that she could, hunt, fish, cook and love the outdoors. Simple, right? Freya did not meet any of those requirements. But the fact that she was attracted to him and then over the next six months fell in love with him as they corresponded, helped her to decide to leave her broken life behind and head to the mountains.

As a young man, Beau made the decision to leave the mountains at a time when his family ne
Whitney
Big, burly mountain man, Beau Smith, places an dating profile online to meet a strong, independent country gal. He is looking for a woman to work along side him. A woman that can handle his simple lifestyle. Freya is that woman. Or is she?

Freya felt an instant pull towards Beau. She couldn't help but to stretch the truth to get to meet a man like him. He has invited her to his new home, and she hopes that she can keep up this charade. Beau is too good to be true and she hasn't come this far to l
Nicole P
A quick and easy read about Beau Smith and Freya Thomas. They meet online and after 6 months of chatting decided to meet in person. They plan a two week trip in the mountains, to see if Freya would want or be able to live there. She surprises him a week earlier than expected and things don't go according to plan.

This is perfect for those in-between moments and had enough heat to make it interesting.
Irene
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed Wild Man by Sherilee Gray.
The storyline was hot, entertaining and I couldn't put it down.
Beau and Freya are likable, endearing characters that I easily connected with. Their story touched my heart, they made me smile, they made me swoon and they made me sigh.
I loved Beau and Freya together, they found love and comfort in each other and totally deserved their HEA.

description

Thank you Sherilee Gray for writing the Smith Brothers series, both books have been a joy to read and I hi
Becky
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fatimama
Dec 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kinda like catfishing only the h is good looking. While I’m a fan of insta-love, I am not a fan of liars. The h is a huge liar coz she was saying that she knows how to live in the country/mountain when she really doesn’t. I hated the heroine because the Hero was really upfront about his activities and his desire to find someone who can also live rough in the mountain. Honestly I don’t see how they can live HEA forever coz the heroine would get bored and prolly won’t be good at the household chor ...more
Megan
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was a little more angsty than book 1, but I still really enjoyed it. Beau had a very different set of life experiences from his twin brother Hank, the hero of book 1, and it made him react to things in a different way. He was determined not to love, even convinced that he was incapable, and that it wasn't real anyway. Freya was determined to prove him wrong.

Beau Smith is a mountain man through and through. He grew up in that rough life, with his twin brother Hank. After their mom spli
Aneesah
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whew lawsy! I do believe I'm having a case of the vapors, this book was so HAWT I'm still fannin' m'self! And I can't decide which of those sexy Smith boys was my favorite. Can I have them both? Anyway, now I've got to check out Ms. Gray's backlog because these were my first books by this author. If the rest of her heroes is HALF as steamy as these two mountain men, I'm in a whole heap of trouble!
Kimberly
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series and it's about Hank's twin, Beau. Beau is looking for a wife, a wife who can cook, clean, hunt, fish, and have his babies. But, though he wants a wife, he is not interested in the love part. Freya seems to fit the bill, they have been talking for 6 months and when she shows up at his house a week early, things get off to a rocky start. Beau soon realizes that Freya is not what she has portrayed herself to be, but does that really matter? Read and see.

Short,
Michelle R
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun, quick and steamy read!
Sabrina Nia
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Determined city girl vs. Rugged mountain man and happily ever after guaranteed! Tragic pasts makes him wary and her determined, what could go wrong with that?
Maura
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beau watched his brother find love and settle down, and now he wants that too, but meeting his perfect girl has proved to be quite hard. He needs someone who is willing to live in the boonies and live off the land, and those kind of women are far and few between, so he turns to a dating site that he hopes will find him his perfect girl. And he finds Freya, she is beautiful, witty, and seems to have all the qualities he wants in a woman... it's almost as if she is too good to be true.

Between the
Linda Lagrue
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think I love “Wild Man” even more than “Mountain Man” the first book. Beau is Hank's twin brother but he hasn't always stayed on the mountain. For a time Beau lived in the city, was wild, drinking too much and sleeping around. After his grandfather dies he returns to the mountain to build a house and settle down. Beau is looking for the perfect mountain woman who can hunt, fish and is low maintenance. Freya is looking for a simple life with a good man. They meet on the internet and begin corre ...more
MJM
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beau was raised with his brother Hank by their grandfather after their parents split up. Now Beau is a mountain man through and through - he just needed reminding. he left and went "wild" in the city with booze and women he didn't want. When their grandfather dies he knows that he needs to go back home and he's been building his life there for four years now. Whilst Hank had a relatively easy romance, Beau is more resistant and can't see the wood, or in this case Freya, for the trees! They meet ...more
Natasha
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, review-copy
The Other Brother gets his turn.

After reading about his brother, Hank, in Mountain Man, I was excited to get to Beau. Beau comes across as the more experienced of the twins, in terms of life off the mountain and women. After his brother finds a partner, Beau is more determined to find a woman to share a rustic mountain life with him. He's looking for a wife, not love. He wants a physical connection and for this wife to love the solitude of the mountains as much as he does.

Freya falls for Beau at
Jen
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
While still a good read and an entertaining story, this volume just didn't do as much for me as the prior book in the series, Mountain Man. I had a much harder time connecting with Beau and Freya than I did with Hank and Birdie. Beau was all encouraging to Hank about pursuing Birdie, but then turned all hard-hearted when it came to his own chances at happiness. And Freya's lies, pretty much from beginning to end of the tale, made it hard for me to sympathize much with her. Still, despite the inh ...more
Anita George
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Freya is a city girl on a mission to make a big burly Mountain Man her own.
Beau wants a homely crafty wife to live with him in the middle of nowhere forsaking love for practicality.
Some unforseen turns of events in Freyas life lead her to take charge, because sometimes you just have to fake it till you make it.

Oooo weeee you can nearly feel the sexual tension between these two!
I thought there was no way I could love Beau as equally as Hank... but I absolutely did!
They are vastly different but
Donna Reed
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hunk of love

What can I say... like with Hank; I want a mountain man or at least a man with a beard and bulging biceps. Beau IMO is very different from Hank. With Hank I wanted to cry because of his naivety... he’s so sensitive. Beau is jaded but he seems to soften enough to let himself find love. Hurray to Sheri and her stellar work.
Amanda S.
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella
It's pretty good but not as kickin' as I thought it would be.
Simply because the writing is a wee bit sloppy and other than that it has such a huge potential. Not to mention THE DRAMA! I love it soooo much. I definitely will read more from this author because I can see her writing a good book!
Look forward to the first book of this series!
T Van
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
A Lie is a Shaky Foundation

I had a hard time with Freya. She wasn't irredeemable, but she was so inconsiderate of some basic respect-level issues, that it was hard to buy the way she justified her choices. Beau wasn't soft and cuddly, by any means, but he was more of a straight shooter in ways that didn't grate as much.
Lisa Guzman
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wild and hot

This was one of those stories that is exactly that. Wild and hot. Yes it was kinda an insta love story but not really. These two have been talking for months and when they finally do meet in person the connection is immediate. Definitely fast paced and short but not so short that you felt you missed out on a story.
Michelle
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Freya Thomas has found the perfect man in Beau Smith. Now, if only she can convince him to believe the same about her. Beau is looking for a suitable wife to live in the mountains with him and that kind of wife would be able to handle the harsh conditions and solitude. He's not expecting love, but Freya doesn't see anything else beyond love that could be more important, even if she's not cut from the same cloth of a nature girl. The city girl and the mountain man combo was a quick and easy read ...more
BJ
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
4.5 stars because is only a short story. H is twin from previous book, he wants what is brother has, so has connected to h via online dating. She has lied to him, he has advertised for a partner who has his skills to live remotely, hunt, fish and she is really a city girl. When they meet, their attraction is strong, but of course their lies need to be resolved. Nice to see the couple from first book included and good epilogue.
Jo
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Didn’t enjoy this one as much as the 1st book.. I felt we didn’t get to know Beau as much as we did Hank in the 1st book..

Still a good storyline though.
Donna
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was another hot sexy read, but not quite as good as brother Hank. I did not feel the connection between this couple. It did still make me laugh and it was an enjoyable quick read.
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-edits, nz-authors
Beau may be the more outgoing and experienced of the brothers, but he’s also a bit set in his ways and unprepared for Freya and her somewhat embellished backstory. Plenty of humour and smexy times.

• Watching (Watching, #1)
  • Mr. Buff
  • Brazen (Whispering Cove, #6)
  • FRISK ME, OFFICER
  • Always You
  • Taught to Kneel
  • Full Ride (Ghost Unit, #1)
  • Taking Control
  • Take Your Pick
  • Longing (Club Inferno, #2)
  • Texas Men
  • A WILDer Wonderland
  • Vengeance
  • Deliberately Unbound (Bound, #2.5)
  • Waiting for Him (Trident Security, #3)
  • The Pleasure of His Punishment: The Complete Collection (The Pleasure Of His Punishment,​ #1-10)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Protecting Fate (Serve, #6)
Sherilee Gray is a kiwi girl and lives in beautiful New Zealand with her husband and their two children. When she isn't writing sexy, edgy contemporary and paranormal romance, searching for her next alpha hero on Pinterest, or fueling her voracious book addiction, she can be found dreaming of far off places with a mug of tea in one hand and a bar of Cadburys Rocky Road chocolate in the other.

Sign

Smith Brothers (2 books)
  • Mountain Man (Smith Brothers, #1)
“I think we need to fuck, Beau, before we make any major decisions” 0 likes