Start by marking “Rowan and Eris” as Want to Read:
Rowan and Eris

Rowan and Eris

It’s a simple story, a journey, a search, a pursuit. There is a man from Perth, an American woman, their daughter. The woman is intent on creating chaos wherever she goes, through urban art, and her work extends to creating chaos in her own life by having a daughter. The man is intent on finding his daughter and in doing so finds himself and the songs inside him. It's a ro ...more
Paperback, First, 289 pages
Published February 13th 2018 by Rippple Books

To ask other readers questions about Rowan and Eris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rowan and Eris

Start your review of Rowan and Eris
Sara Santos
I won this book in a Giveaway!

I really liked the book, but the only problem for me was Nola´s character. I really hated her. She was so selfish and childish.
And poor little Eris, she was more mature then her mother. I felt really sorry for her.
Overall it was a good book, but I wish I could see more interaction between Eris and Rowan.
Sanara♥
I won this book from a goodreads giveaway!

Actual rating- 4.25/5 stars.

As told in the plot, this is a simple story about a man who goes on a journey in search of his daughter, and finds himself as a person and a musician while doing so.

I really enjoyed reading this book! Although I would have liked to see more interactions between Rowan and Eris, I actually loved that abrupt ending so much that I don't mind how it went after all.
Most of the characters were likeable, other than Nola of course. Sh
Iona  Stewart
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book free in return for a review.

It is a story told in the 1st person about a tall, red-haired Australian man with a talent for building guitars, writing songs and performing with his guitar and songs.

The man, Rowan, begins to receive anonymous postcards sent from the USA with no text but showing the handprint of a small child; he conjectures that they are from a woman called Nola with whom he once had a sexual encounter which must have resulted in a child; ergo, he is the father
Tami
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this novel as part of LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program.

I really enjoyed this story about a struggling Australian musician and luthier (Rowan) who crosses two continents trying to find - aided by a series of received postcards - a woman he had a week long affair with years ago who may or may not be travelling with a child who may or may not be his daughter. Along the way, Rowan rediscovers himself, his passion for music, and a way to perhaps finally "make it" as a musician. He's
William Stanger
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book from LibraryThing Early Reviewers. It's a story about a young Australian man, Rowan, who is on a number of journeys, although all these journeys combine into one in this book. Primarily, he is on a journey of discovery, trying to work out what he really wants to do with his life, following a number of mysterious postcards around the world, from Thunder Bay to Berlin and many other places in between. He believes these postcards to have been sent by the mysterious Nola, someon ...more
Bryan D.
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second novel I've read by Jefferys (both being LibraryThing Early Reviewer selections), Rowan and Eris is the story of a man and his daughter--a pre-school girl he has never met. Born as the result of a vacation fling, one in New Zealand between a young man from Perth, Western Australia and a woman from Chicago, Illinois, Eris is a precocious child dragged around the world by her artist mother, a woman intent on stirring up chaos with her anonymous performance art pieces. By the time Eris is ...more
Sara Hill
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-books
I enjoyed the road trip feel to this book. I liked the story of a dad going in search of his daughter. I had a hard time reading about Nola. I wish she had acted more like a mature adult to her child. I would have liked a little more time with Rowan and Eris.

I won this book through a Goodreads Giveaway. All opinions are 100% my own.
Krista Dolan
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
(Dear goodreads gods, please forgive me for taking so long to read this and write a review!)

I won a digital copy of Rowan and Eris through a goodreads giveaway! I enjoyed the storyline and the point of view of Rowan as he examined his role and connection with Eris. I kept hoping for a breakthrough in development with her mom, but sadly that just wasn't in the cards I suppose. Overall, I enjoyed it and I felt like it was a quick read, but there were a few parts that seemed more drawn out than wha
Beth Withers
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Urged on by a series of postcards with the tracing of a small hand, Rowan sets off on travels starting in Australia, traveling to the US, back to Australia and onward. He is guided by his agoraphobic roommate Churchill. While the tone of the book is more light than dark, much of what happens is serious and thought-provoking. I found Rowan and Churchill captivating and interesting people, while Nola made me angry, quite angry in some places. Following Rowan on his travels was interesting; I learn ...more
Finley
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received an ebook copy of this book for free through a giveaway hosted on GoodReads.

Rowan and Eris is an adventure, with the reader following along the same chaotic, twisted path as the protagonist. It tells the story of Rowan Davidson, who discovers that a week-long fling while on a trip had produced a daughter, and sets off across America to try to find his child. Leading this journey is an artist named Nola, who dislikes being a mother, but wants to make sure Rowan is ready to take Eris bef
Valentin Lazar
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was deep inside in “Rowan and Eris” and I liked it so much! It's sooo well written! Great!
And, in each chapter I discover similarities and parallels with Joel Havea, a great singer/ songwriter and a good friend of mine, regarding life philosophy, thoughts, biography, etc.
Joel, being himself inspired by this novel, wrote 7 beautiful songs, released on his album “One Hand Clapping/ Rowan Davidson”. The book, read with the sound of Joel Havea’s poetic songs in mind, generated in me pure enjoyment
Paul Mulligan
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What if...

What if life threw you a curveball and sent you off on a different path? What if you were given a life-changing circumstance and you ran with it.

This is the underlying message of Rowan and Eris.

Jefferys has written an interesting tale where the main character, Rowan, sets off to find a possible daughter and ends up discovering more about himself.

The author gives us an intriguing story of circumstances, actions, emotions and destructive personality traits, where they take us in life, an
Amanda
I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

I tried to stick with this for the travel aspect, because usually I enjoy books about characters who are going on some kind of "finding myself" journey. There was so much stacked against this one, though, that I couldn't justify finishing it. I absolutely hated the self-absorbed main character, and the plot was so meandering and pointless I found myself wondering if anything was EVER actually going to happen. I was definitely not impressed.
Doreen Ashbrook
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I started this book I was not sure that I was going to like it - boy, was I wrong.
What a great character Rowan is. An Aussie musician, who sets off on a road trip of sorts in search of a 'possible' daughter. Along the way he meets some quirky folks and ends up on a voyage of self discovery. Nola (the mother of the'possible'daughter) is one of the most unlikable characters ever. Thank you Goodreads Giveaways - I loved it.
Sue Wright
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable book following Rowan (and Churchill) challenged to find the daughter he never knew about and her querky mother!
Ashley
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Erin C.
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
I liked it very very much!!
Amanda
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
At first I wasn't sure about this one. I liked the idea of the novel, but when I started reading I didn't get the "I need to continue" vibe. All that soon changed. So note to self, DON'T GIVE UP.
It was a quick, encouraging read about a man who travels across the world to find a child he doesn't even know is his. He runs through hoops and trials and tribulations to get where he's going, but he makes it and in the end has an amazing adventure and some great stories to tell when he gets home.

To re
Tammy Diaz
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this as part of a good reads giveaway. I enjoyed the book and loved reading from both Rowan and Nola’s perspectives. I liked the opposite personalities and perspectives about life. It was a quick and fun read.
Angela
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free through a good reads giveaway. I enjoyed reading, loved all of the landmarks in each city and the story over all. I kind of hated that the intro killed the suspense for the entire book but it was still a pretty good read.
Toni Wittus
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read. The characters in the book are well written. You either love them or hate them. The book seemed to drag a little but overall it was a 5 Star book.
Rachelle
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Rowan and Eris... a man chases the mother of his lovechild through various cities and countries in pursuit of a relationship with his daughter. This simple story dramatically morphs into an epic and detailed journey to find more about himself than his daughter. He grows as a musician and encounters knowledge about the world. Very wordy and boring at times. Ending is rushed, leaving many unanswered questions.
Marissa
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Win Copy

A story of pursuing life and finding oneself along the way Male meets female as they end up with a daughter which he initially does not exist. It Is his search for them despite the female causing havoc along in his songs. Abit disappointed in the dtory line.
Al Jhonson
Oct 22, 2019
Arina
Jun 18, 2020

• Thick: And Other Essays
  • The Girl the Sea Gave Back (Sky in the Deep, #2)
  • Bad Keys (Pianos Wild Book 1)
  • Cliff's Edge (Solace Island #2)
  • Hidden Cove (Solace Island, #3)
  • Solace Island (Solace Island, #1)
  • Skin (Flesh, #2)
  • White Stag (Permafrost, #1)
  • Unfuck Your Intimacy: Using Science for Better Relationships, Sex, and Dating
  • Alphabet Squadron (Star Wars: Alphabet Squadron, #1)
  • Drungi (Hidden Iceland #2)
  • It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time
  • First: Sandra Day O'Connor
  • The 30-Day Money Cleanse: Take Control of Your Finances, Manage Your Spending, and De-Stress Your Money for Good
  • The Case for Trump
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
It started in the hills near Perth, where he was brought rather quietly and with little fanfare into the world. The farming area tucked in the south-west corner of Western Australia became forever his reference point, but even then the world seemed broad and large, with the fields of wheat stretching to the horizon. But the whole world could not simply have been a field of wheat. There had to be m ...more