Start by marking “The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart” as Want to Read:
The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart

The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart

(The Bug Boys #2)

The fantastic superhero adventure that began with The Bug Boys continues! Alex Adams and Ian Harris take on Blake Blackhart, a disgraced Oxford professor. He discovers the boys’ source of power and plots to use the Secti’s alien technology to wreak havoc across the galaxy.

With a proper real-life supervillain in the village, the boys must step up their superhero game if th
Published August 30th 2017 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart

Rimega Umbridge
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex and Ian, The Bug Boys, became my little brother’s idolized superheroes after he lost his hope on Spider-Man, when he vanished in Infinity War. The plot, the characters, and the funny jokes get to be more exciting. The Bug Boys did not just mature, the growing of hairs or such, but also they became stronger to fight the super villain, Professor Blake Blackhart.
I really love the brilliant and creative humor of the author, Stewart Hoffman, that made me laugh, the mekmek and the fart farts.
I
Liza C
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy a good laugh and a great superhero story, then I recommend that you read this book (and the first book in the series). While we got to know Ian and Alex in the first book where they gain their superpowers, this book further endears our two heroes to readers by exploring their life after their first major battle. And the story only gets better!

The author weaves the woes of puberty, beginning to like girls, and building friendships with exploring and hiding superpowers in small town R
Angie Carrillo
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once it was given the copy of the sequel of The Bug Boys, it was a must for me. Even though the lack of time almost won I had to put up with the ability of flying as a bug to finish reading the book. I have to say I enjoyed the first but this is way better: lots of adventures and humor, new great characters, and of course, more bugs.
I felt completely hooked since the beginning and the fact that the author makes you explore puberty and face life changes in a different peculiar way, made me wish
Vegan Jon
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like the first, this one is a must. Like all origin stories, the first book has the difficult job of explaining everything. Now that is out of the way we can get on and have a full on, wacky, good guys versus bad guys adventure. Funny, quirky and full of even more animals and insects (and even a girl), this is non stop quirky action.
Glarvole
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I also got this book as a free-for-review book from Stewart. Does he accomplish the task of entertaining me with a sequel?! You should know that already because of the stars I gave the book. :P

There was something missing from the last book. It was an interesting problem and a question I wondered about a lot. This book answers the question of "What happened to the other apple??" quite nicely. The boys are going through some life changes which will affect their lives as they continue to adjust to
Cindy
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I can adequately express how much I genuinely enjoy these books. I was so excited when I heard there would be a sequel to the original Bug Boys book, and I was even more excited after I read it. The plot is entertaining, the writing is clever and SO funny, the villain is truly formidable, and the boys are impressively resourceful in vanquishing their foe.

One thing that bugs me (pun intended) about many popular books is how young people are able to do things so drastically outside t
Tonya
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first Bug Boys book, but this was even more fun! I loved the humor (particularly the side jokes in the end notes), the further development of characters from the first book, and the addition of new characters! The pacing was also excellent. Another improvement of this book from the last book is that the boys were more challenged this time - they were forced to consider resources and strategies, and it really helped contribute to character growth. Overall a great, quick read and I hop ...more
MYTHREAGI
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
so far one of the best book I have read, the characters, the place, and the imagination it was another level. loved it. it was brilliantly done and the humor by the author made me laugh. I personally think kids would love this book. Ian and Alex, great boys and their adventure and the conversations were awesome. the superheroes role, I loved every character. I really can't express how genuinely I love this book.

PS- get a book and enjoy the laugh
Alexandra
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, kid-lit-exchange
Thank you to @kidlitexchange for providing the free copy of The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart by @shoffman3572 in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

In this second installment from author Stewart Hoffman, The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart continues the adventure of Alex and Ian, two boys who gain special abilities of every bug they ingest. This time around, they face Blake Blackhart, a disgraced Oxford professor who has discovered the boys’ secret and is usi
Craig Jones
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hoffman's imagination and sense of humor continue to amaze me. Once again, he wrote a novel that succeeds on all levels. While primarily aimed at boys and girls of middle-school age, this book is thoroughly entertaining to adults as well (at least, it was to me, and I'm a pretty discriminating old geezer).
A.K. Hudson
Rosamaria Noel
Sep 14, 2017
Sarah Taylor-Cruz
Sep 14, 2017
Stewart Hoffman has written three books and published them independently. He has NOT won a Hugo Award, or any other writing prize you might have heard of, but he did once get an honorable mention in a Writer’s Digest competition.

Born in the UK but now living in California, he pays his bills by being a web developer. Fast approaching fifty-years-old, he has only recently discovered Falafel, during

The Bug Boys (2 books)