Start by marking “The Blame Game (Brook Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Blame Game (Brook Brothers, #1)

The Blame Game

(Brook Brothers #1)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Two lives on a collision course. Neither know their destiny. Both will be forever changed.
Jax Brook has a dream, and the gorgeous, seductive Indie Monroe can make his every wish come true.

But beneath the professional façade, Indie is hiding a secret that will alter the course of Jax’s life.

When Indie has second thoughts about the path she is destined to walk, family loyalt
Published July 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Blame Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blame Game

Kathi Defranc
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series by author Tracie Delaney! A story very interesting, as boy meets girl, but unlike your usual romance, there are plenty of schemes and happenings behind the scene that keep the story slightly on edge!
We are introduced to some amazing brothers, any one of which you would not kick out of bed! Jax is the oldest and 'head of the family' after their parents are killed when he was 18. He took care of the family, turning down a unique offer he had to go to school for
Coco.V
Sep 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/11/18)!💝

Blurb:
Their paths were destined to cross.
First she’ll make him hers.
Then she’ll ruin him.

To save his dream, Jax Brook needs a loan—fast.
And the gorgeous, seductive Indie Monroe holds the key to his success.

At first she’s supportive, enticingly so, but as Jax falls deeper under Indie’s spell, he can’t help but wonder at the secrets she won’t share.

Indie hasn’t a mean bone in her body, but family must come first.
For the sins of his father, Jax will pay.

Except Ja
Wopsywoobookblog
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in The Brook Brothers series by Tracie Delaney and it is so far removed from Winning Ace and its sequels or even My Gift To You. It’s more like romantic suspense. It has a little bit of everything in it, from revenge to laughter to love and heartache.

The Blame Game sees Indie Monroe and Jax Brook come together in what at first appears to be a love match, although Indies reluctance to commit seems at first not to worry Jax, however later becomes a hindrance, all the while
M.A. Comley
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tracie Delaney has done it again... I absolutely loved the Winning Ace series and still miss the characters so much, but I have a feeling the Brook Brothers are going to be just as memorable.

Jax is the oldest brother, he was forced into a predicament no teenage male would envy when his parents died in a car crash. Raising his brothers, Jax had to put his own life on hold. Now he's renovating a hotel that needs extra finance and this is when the beautiful Indie walks into his life and takes his
Incy Black
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love a revenge plot, love even more watching said vengeance getting knocked off course by unanticipated romance—especially when the writing is as fluid and skillful as it is in The Blame Game.

Jax has his own demons to conquer before earning his HEA, but emotionally—and there’s a shed load of emotion—it’s Indie who has to walk barefoot over hot coals. Two delectable characters heading for a collision, I only hope we get to see more of this pair (even if only fleetingly) in Ms. Delaney’s further
Chelle
4 and a bit stars

Lovely read. Tracie Delaney continues with her fresh style, making it an easy and rewarding read. I particularly like how the author keeps her writing on track, she never clutters her writing with unnecessary hyperbole.

I have to admit this kind of contemporary romance isn’t really my bag, but the story goes at a good pace with loads of twisting and turning. Chuck Berry would be a happy man.

I really liked the characters and it seems that the author has created a real family affa
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
I would like to thank Tracie Delaney for writing a brilliant book. A new series for me to get my teeth into is just what I needed at the moment lol.

Jax Brook is a man who lost his dreams and hopes when he was 18 years old. Now he's an adult and wants to make the best for his 3 younger brothers. He wants to open up a hotel, but he can't without financial help. In comes Indie Monroe, a woman with on a deadly mission to ruin Jax Brook, but can offer that help, but at what price?

This is a story of l
Excessive~Reader
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Love this story and the charisma these characters all have, it just shows the author has a gift for writing and story telling. I can’t wait for the next brothers book, because i can’t get enough of this family of hotties.
Jax has a hard job. His job is to raise his brothers, and just like any parent he wants to keep them together and have a home for any of them to come to if needed. So what better way then to make a real job out of his home, like a hotel. Easy right? Except he never saw her co
Angela
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has Jake in and a few brothers , he needs to see Indie Munro because he wants to succeed in payment to her for his mortgage
We see Jake and Indie fall for each other .
This book was from Tracie Delaney
Susan Angela Wallace
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The blame game by Tracie Delaney.
 Their paths were destined to cross.
First she’ll make him hers.
Then she’ll ruin him.

To save his dream, Jax Brook needs a loan—fast.
And the gorgeous, seductive Indie Monroe holds the key to his success.

Indie hasn’t a mean bone in her body, but family must come first.
For the sins of his father, Jax will pay.

Except Jax isn
Liv
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great story that showed so perfectly how poisonous the feeling of revenge can be and what it can do to a person, how it can eat at you and destroy you if you let it.

Although Jax only needed financial help, he got a lot more than what he planned when Indie came into the picture. With instant attraction on both sides, what's more to wish for? Well, there's a tiny thing called revenge that made everything a lot more complicated. Until real feelings got involved, because that's where it became a w
Anne
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the Winning Ace series, but I have to say that I think The Brook Brothers are going to give that series a run for its money!

The focus of The Blame Game is on Jax, the eldest of The Brook Brothers, but it also introduces you to the other three brothers who will each get their own book in the series. We see enough of their individual personalities in this book to want to see more of each of their stories in more detail.

This contemporary romance novel is, at first glance, a love
Michelle Baldwin
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow OUTSTANDING.....I couldn't put it down,I fell in love with the characters and I can't wait to read more on this little family..... well recommended......
Carley
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a fantastic start to a new series. Very sexy yet suspenseful so unlike her other books yet very addictive. Jax and Indie were always destined to meet and fall in love but were they destined for a happy ever after. This book has everything sexy steamy love scenes and so many other twists intertwined throughout the story getting a glimpse of all the Brooks brothers I cannot wait for more from these brothers. A big five stars from me.
Julia
Sep 27, 2018 added it
DNF @26%
Julia Stevens
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Forced to grow up fast when his parents died, Jax Brook had given up his dreams aged 18 to look after his younger brothers. Although he didn’t always make the best decisions, it was all about family, so long as they were ok he could deal with it. He desperately needs a loan to get his hotel dream back on track.... enter Indie Monroe to help him find an investor. Although their meeting is a coincidence and their attraction and connection is instant, there is more to Indie than meets than eye and ...more
Lesley Robson
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book 1 of a brand new series and what a good start to the series it’s is. We have four brothers who are no stranger to heartache, a love interest and her deranged sibling... what could go wrong.. Packed full of drama, intrigue, love, family and heartache with a second chance. There is a twist or two that keeps you on your toes which I didn’t see til it hit me in the face. I loved this story and enjoyed the journey between Jax and Indie. I can’t wait to see what journeys lie in store for ...more
Dawn Higgins
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fabulous start to a new series by Tracie Delaney,this was just her style but so different from her other books, more of a romantic book with a twist with plenty to keep you guessing how this was going to pan out.

This is not normally my genre to read as i like a dark thriller with danger story,but this did grab me and i must admit i did love this book,but then when you have four HOT brothers in the mix and up for grabs as they are all single, this is going to grab your attention right from
Lin Robertson
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jax is the older brother of four.
Following the death of his parents, he is now left with the responsibility of raising them.
He wants to buy a building to build a hotel. However, when he finds just the right building, he can’t afford the price.
His lawyer introduces Jax to a venture-capitalist. If they can get him the extra funding to buy the property, they get a cut of future profits.
An appointment is set up, for him to meet with a financial whiz kid.
He arrives at the office, and the secretary
Gail Atkins
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great new saga written by Tracie Delaney.
Jaxon had foregone all of his dreams when he took on the role of the main carer for his younger brothers after the sudden death of their parents.
He ploughed all of their inheritance money into a building to create a luxury hotel. But he didn't read the small print and he needed help.
Help came in the form of Indie; a beautiful, intelligent lady, who had connections.
Could their friendship lead to more? Can Indie continue to keep past family secrets
Felicity
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a sizzler !! I didn't think anything would match up to the previous series of Winning Ace, but this author has gone and done it again !!
She's ramped up the action & here we have a brand new series involving Jax Brook and his brothers. This book is every bit as good, if not better than her last. It's packed with drama, tears,heartache and forgiveness.
I cannot wait to see what the next one has in store for us, and having had a taster of chapter 1, my emotions are already on a rollercoas
Sue McQuaide Kitt
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love a new series, and The Blame Game was such a great read and I really look forward to reading more about the Brook brothers.

Jax, the oldest of four boys becomes guardian to his younger brothers, gives up his dream of becoming an actor to care for the three younger brothers. This responsibility follows Jax into adulthood..... until he meets India Munroe.

A wonderful storyline with great, interesting characters and I am really looking forward to the next in the series, I have a feeling
Chasidy Martin
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tracie Delaney is up at the top of my list!! She knows how to keep a romance novel interesting! Anything can happen!! Love her books!!!
Delphine
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book serves as an excellent opening for what will probably be a series of 4 or 6 novels revolving around the four Brook brothers.

You find yourself drawn in from the outset of the opening chapter in this fast-paced romantic drama. As with everything written by Tracie Delaney, nothing is quite as it seems and the book deliberately leaves us asking questions, desperate for more.

Tracie’s characterisation is as robust as ever in The Blame Game, and all of the brothers are fully developed by the
Amanda
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great first book in a new series, can't wait for the next installment.
Great pace and character development kept my attention from start to finish. I read this bookin two sittings ( parenting duties split the sittings )
Georgina Roberts
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this in one day on holiday, perfect holiday read with the right amount of romance but also suspense.
A fantastic start to a series of novels about the Brooks brothers, can’t wait to find out about the rest of them as Jax and Indie were the perfect way to start the series.
Binju
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read. A story about love and letting it win over the odds. Suspense and easy to keep going style of writing. Jax and Indie seem a little too good to be true but perfect for each other. Leaves you wanting to read the next book in the series. Recommend it.

Brenda  B. Forrister
Sep 16, 2018
Paula Hunter
Jul 19, 2018
Michael Wegener
Sep 12, 2018
Tracie Delaney realized she was destined to write when, at aged five, she crafted little notes to her parents, each one finished with "The End."

Tracie's contemporary romance novels center around strong characters and real life problem with, of course, a perfect Happy Ever After ending.

When she isn’t writing or sitting around with her head stuck in a book, she can often be found watching The Walkin

Brook Brothers (4 books)
  • Against All Odds (Brook Brothers, #2)
  • His To Protect (Brook Brothers, #3)
  • Web of Lies (Brook Brothers, #4)