Start by marking “The Viscount Who Loved Me: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Viscount Who Loved Me: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #2.5)

The Viscount Who Loved Me: The 2nd Epilogue

(Bridgertons #2.5)

Fifteen years have passed, but the Bridgertons are as devious and diabolical as ever when it comes to life on the croquet field. Join Anthony, Kate, Simon, Daphne, Colin, Edwina, and (of course) the mallet of death, as Julia Quinn shows that happily ever after can still be a little bit wicked... and a whole lot of fun.
Published June 2006 by Harper Collins

To ask other readers questions about The Viscount Who Loved Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viscount Who Loved Me

Exina
“This is Pall Mall. There is no fair play.”

It was like a mild ‘The War of the Roses’. I couldn’t find it amusing, but fortunately, Anthony and Kate’s marriage is much more harmonious than their Pall Mall-playing manners.

Originally posted on my blog.
Rachel Aranda
2.5 Stars
A lot of fighting over a tradition of playing the game called Pall Mall. In truth, it didn’t have the magic that the book had but it showed that they do still bring out the best and worst of each other. Maybe I’m a fuddy duddy but I found this story too silly.
Ezinwanyi
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rexanne
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Viscount Who Loved Me is a historical romance by Julia Quinn that tells the story of a dashing duke with a secret fear and a wallflower lady with an outspoken mind.

First off, let me just claim that the cover is still gorgeous!!! I really like the edition I got! I assume that the lady in the cover is Kate reading Lady Whistledown's column, haha.

Speaking of,...much like the first, I am still entertained by the snippets of Lady Whistledown's "news" before every chapter. I believe it's one of
Nisha
I've read this before, but this was my first time in audiobook form. Clearly, I must have found the story pretty good to try it again, so I doubt I need further details on the plot.

So, instead, I will talk about the audiobook format. I thought the narrators was perfect to capture each of the characters' voices and personalities. I believe there was a main female narrator and a male voice narrator, which really makes the performance more...real.
Julia
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
More crazy Pall Mall antics from the Bridgertons as they play their 15th annual re-match. Super sweet, I love how competitive Anthony and Kate get - and of course, the mallet of death! ;)

Amaryllis
Okayyyyy, I got it. These epilogues are meant to be read well after you finished the whole series, so don't read this if you do not wish to know who Colin will marry!!!! Big, big mistake on my part.
Ami
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Reading about the Bridgertons playing Pall Mall might be my favorite thing ever.
Saly
This was delightful!
Jilly
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella, romance
Oops, I think this wasn't meant to be read until after the whole series because I spoiled myself on who Colin marries by reading it right after the book.
But, on a good note, it was another Pall Mall game, which was hilarious! My favorite lines:

"There will be no cheating," Anthony warned.
"At least no new type of cheating," Simon added. "Previously established cheating techniques are permissible."

lol!
Annie
Oh that one was just marvelous and totally crazy! I laughed my head off! I always loved that Pall Mall scene in 'The Viscount who loved me' but that Pall Mall game was even better than the one in the original story. The Bridgertons are just mad when it comes to that game and totally mischievous but I love them for that. A wonderful and funny little story.
April
Oh, I do love the Bridgerton Family! Each story is a wonderful romance with plenty of drama. A nice touch of steam to keep things naughty! Love this whole series and the epilogues!! And that Lady Whistledown is a hoot!! Such wonderfully engaging characters! Makes me wish I could be transported to that era!
Lili
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very funny and clever epilogue, I think it was a nice touch to the story let us know how they kept the tradition of the game after 15 years.
Anthony and Kate are still so very much in love and so are everybody else.
Bianca
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, julia-quinn
Absolutely funny!!! I think it was a good idea to write the second epilogue about the pall mall game. The thought to turn this into a tradition was awesome!
I LOVE Kate and Anthony! It was my favourite book. The only negative thing I could say about it is, that it was way too short.
Megzy
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Short and fun epilogue addition of The Viscount Who Loved Me.

I couldn't see Anthony marrying anyone but Kate, he would be bored to death; I love Pal Mall and the black mallet of death!

I suggest you do not read the second epilogues unless you have finished reading the entire series.
Amanda S.
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short and fun addition of The Viscount Who Loved Me.

15 years after the vavavoom, Kate and Anthony enjoys a happy, content and quiet life. Quiet? Not really. This book is about their happiness and even though the bunch are way older, they still act happily as children. I liked it. :)
sparklyunikorn
15 years of Kate and Anthony's marriage with the rest of Pall Mall team; Simon, Daphne, Kate, Anthony, Colin and Edwina. It was fun, the game I meant BUT it contains vastly SPOILER! Don't read this if you haven't Romancing Mister Bridgerton.
Lauren
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As always Anthony and Kate are so cute together!

Pall mall was definite one of my favorite scenes in a viscount who loved me!!! I am so glad that Quinn brought it back with all of the bloodthirsty competition the Bridgerton family could muster.

Edna
Dec 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
The Bridgertons are still amusing as hell 15 years after. I think it was perfect that this revolved around Pall Mall and the pallet of death. It was one of the most memorable parts in The Viscount Who Loved Me.
Victoria
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two books into the series and I'm hooked!!! On to #3. So, yes I'm loving this so far!!
Grace
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
HEE.

Just, HEE.

That is all.

(I can't believe I forgot to add this one...)
Jujubee
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: genre-historical
*chuckles* Hill-air-ious...bloody brilliant fun!!
Quite the puddle-ish wicket of an epilogue ;)
Charon
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved that even after 15 years, Anthony and Kate still remained playful as ever. And Colin, is it possible to love him even more? The climax of the Pall Mall match was hilarious.
Hollis
This second epilogue was fucking brilliant. It recreates, and betters, one of my favourite scenes from the book. I laughed pretty much the entire time. I want to play Pall Mall with the Bridgertons!
Nhi Nguyễn
I gotta say, I'm not into sports, so I didn't really understand what the rules of Pall Mall were, which made it a little bit hard for me to watch over the progress of the match. But the presence of the couples Anthony-Kate, Simon-Daphne and Colin-Penelope was enough to put a smile on my face ^^ Not to mention the wicked delight I felt between Anthony and Kate. Ah, these two really maintained their chemistry very well :D
Cara
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hilarious banter and funny situations in the beloved Bridgerton family made this a super quick read! My all-time favorite romance family is still the Hathaways, so if you enjoy those books get started on these, as they are a close second for me!!
Jack Vasen
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Humorous but very short.
Jill
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
This was a fun 2nd epilogue--I enjoyed finding out that they replayed their Pall Mall (croquet?) game every year.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Where's My Hero? (The Gamblers of Craven's #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5)
  • With This Kiss: Part Three
  • The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Tempting Fate (Providence, #2)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring, #2)
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • Lost in Your Arms (Governess Brides, #6)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Who Will Take This Man? (Regency, #1)
  • The Husband Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #1)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)