Jump to ratings and reviews

Destruction of Magic #2

Prophecy in Blood

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B0763BCM4J

Prophecy in Blood is a novella that takes place in the Destruction of Magic universe.

Jackson knows that magic is fading from the world. As an empath he has come to terms with the fact that he will always be able to feel what is happening around him. Although he listens to the thoughts of those surrounding him, he doesn’t need to hear that all of the magical realms are fighting for survival. He doesn’t care about anything other than starting his life with the woman he loves. Unfortunately, the world works differently, and Jackson finds himself struggling to hold onto the little bit of happiness he’s managed to find.

Annalise knows what her future holds, she has since the moment she looked into Jackson’s eyes and saw what true emotion was. Everything that has happened, every choice she's made has led her to this moment in time. The world seems perfect and beautiful until prophecy interferes and brings everything she and Jackson built together tumbling down.

87 pages, Kindle Edition

Published October 31, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

April Canavan

66 books2,059 followers
USA Today Bestselling author by day and superhero by night... Seriously, though. I write Contemporary Romance that will tear my readers apart and put them back together again.
As long I have coffee, I legit think I can conquer the world.

Find all my social media here:
geni.us/StalkApril

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Profile Image for Dawn.
48 reviews
January 5, 2020
Another great read!

I actually did end up reading this one immediately after the last one because it was only 76 pages long but, between the fact that I had been awake for two straight days and the fact that I started reading the following book immediately after I woke up,I'm only just getting around to reviewing it now! Of course, this is mostly the author's fault! She's got me hooked and this particular novella was too much of a cliffhanger as far as I'm concerned! She alludes to the fact that this is only the beginning of their story but...I'm still waiting to read where we're going to find out what happens next for them! Granted, I'm still only 29% into the next book but it seems to involve Jackson (from this book) only peripherally so I can only hope that there WILL be resolution at some point in the future. It is with that hope and due to the fact that this author has gotten me this invested in these characters and their worlds that I continue to inhale her stories! I just love how each book takes me further and further down the rabbit hole!
Profile Image for Caroline Doig.
5,298 reviews35 followers
March 1, 2018
This is the 2nd book to the Destruction of Magic series and it’s fantastic. This is the story of Jackson and Annalise, Jackson is an empath he can feel peoples feelings but he’s not interested in anything but making a life with Annalise. This is the continuation of book 1 even though it’s a novella I throughly enjoyed reading it. A great storyline that was well written interesting characters that struggle to hold onto their happiness and the prophecy. There’s so much in this book that it’s worth giving this book a try. I highly recommend this book it’s well worth the read.
Profile Image for Sandy.
1,306 reviews1 follower
May 28, 2018
First let me state, I received an Advance Reader Copy, (ARC), but this in no way influences my review. I always leave an honest review.

I am so sad for all that Jackson and everyone he loves is going to have to go through before these stories end. He never got to be a little boy, or a cranky teen, he just was a man. My heart breaks for his mom Sarah because she has to watch it happen & can't help her child. I'm so sad for his love, Anna, o much pain to come for them all. I can't wait for the next story, I just hope it's not to sad. I recommend this read. 5 Thumbs up.
March 4, 2018
Wonderful continuation to the Destruction of Magic Series. In this novella, we see a little more into Jackson and his wife and the prophecy that has yet to come. April write such an incredible story that keeps the readers entertained and engrossed till the very end.
11.2k reviews45 followers
May 10, 2018
magic is fading from the world and he can see it. he has to deal with the fact he is an empath. he see and feels things but he knows he doesn't have to listen to it all as he knows what is coming

Profile Image for Jessie.
71 reviews2 followers
July 29, 2019
Always left wanting more.

I'm going to be sad when I finish the series. I love the characters. I love the magical beings and their backgrounds. I love the mystery that brews behind the story. I want to know it all.
236 reviews
February 13, 2018
Loved the storyline for the book. So much more to come, I hope. Now I must read the first one.
Displaying 1 - 8 of 8 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.